• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali is in his prime, Punisher is Max version not 616, both are bloodlusted, no prep, no morals, anything goes in a fight to the death in the octagon.      

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (12063 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle snaps his neck.
#3 Posted by not2baad (530 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali wins easy.

#4 Posted by Nefarious (18851 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher one-shots the Champ.

#5 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm pretty close but id say Ali takes it

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Punisher would probably win... even though Muhammad Ali is a Great Boxing Champion... he does not have skills in any other fighting style... Frank should have skills in Submission Techniques... and probably could get Ali to the ground or choke him out... something along those lines... Punisher would be a fool to just stand up and slug it out with The Greatest of All Time... 
#7 Posted by Susanoo (5909 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

Punisher would probably win... even though Muhammad Ali is a Great Boxing Champion... he does not have skills in any other fighting style... Frank should have skills in Submission Techniques... and probably could get Ali to the ground or choke him out... something along those lines... Punisher would be a fool to just stand up and slug it out with The Greatest of All Time... 

#8 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank wins, you could smash his body with ironbars and have a car roll over his face and he'd keep coming back for more. Frank's damage soak is insane and he doesn't mess around, most strikes Frank uses are there to kill. Ali plays around too much and never had a knock out punch.

In a boxing match Ali would dance and dominate with a flurry of punches but this ain't boxing

#9 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Punisher one-shots the Champ.
#10 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

#11 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

Ali's fist is the size of Punisher's head, if this was anything but H2H its no contest but some of you need to watch an Ali fight on youtube and see how fast this 6'3" 236 lb was. Not to mention hi 80" REACH, he could KO Castle from over 6 1/2 feet away.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

#12 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher Max was a sh*t h2h fighter if I remember correctly.

#13 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

While I agree w/ most of what you said, including Ali winning here, that last part...no.

Lol, fair enough. Would this change your mind?

#14 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85: lol about his reach? I don't think so

#15 Edited by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox: Misread, thought you meant about him winning(when I speed read from time to time I get a little dyslectic :P). I got the reach info from wiki so it may be suspect

#16 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

poor Superman

#17 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali. His superior genetics and skills would garner him the win.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (13040 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh?

#19 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Superior genetics?

#20 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Yea that rubbed me as awkward/possibly racist as well...lol

#21 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Yes. Top tier professional athlete genetics. Randy Couture has superior genetics as well. as does Jr Dos Santos and many others of varying ethnicities.

@Equonox said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Yea that rubbed me as awkward/possibly racist as well...lol

There was nothing bigoted about it and we are all the same human race. Ali was arguably the best professional boxer of all times i.e superior genetics. George St Pierre has superior genetics also as does Cain Velasquez and many others of varying ethnicities.

To the both of you: As a general rule those with superior genetics are the ones capable of competing in professional sports, and professional athletes are of all skin colors and ethnicities.

#22 Posted by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

They have superior training and Willpower maybe you can't say there Genetics are superior unless you prove there parents or children are great in the same things.

#23 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

How much they paid Supes?

#24 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic books character > Real life people.

Fictions FTW

#25 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher

#26 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

They have superior training and Willpower maybe you can't say there Genetics are superior unless you prove there parents or children are great in the same things.

No they have superior speed, agility, reflexes, strength etc or a combination of those and other traits. Two people of mediocre genetics can produce a child with superior genetics and a mother and father who never played baseball can produce a professional baseball player.

#27 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Comic books character > Real life people.

Fictions FTW

Ali is both a real life person and a comic book character. See below:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

#28 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry it just sounded odd, plus it is not necessarily superior genetics since most people have the potential to accomplish everything most Olympians have its all about commitment and willpower.

#29 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Sorry it just sounded odd, plus it is not necessarily superior genetics since most people have the potential to accomplish everything most Olympians have its all about commitment and willpower.

Wrong most people do not have what it takes to accomplish what most Olympic athletes accomplish through commitment and will. Olympic athletes are genetically gifted individuals which is why they compete at such a high level and set and break records. An average person with average speed will not ever defeat an Olympic sprinter even if the averge person trains as hard and commits to training in the exact same manner as the Olympic sprinter. The Olympic sprinter will win every time because he is genetically pre-disposed to being faster i.e. superior genetics.

#30 Posted by Charlie_Jade (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

How much they paid Supes?

Superman wasn't jobbing

He was depowered by kryptonite or a red star or something....so they would have equalized strengths

I'll try find the scans

#31 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: Punisher... not really a debate here. lol.

#32 Posted by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: You sound like Brucie from GTA IV.

#33 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

The Punisher punishes.

#34 Posted by BeefiestName (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle, groin kick, round 1. Easy win. A one trick pony can't beat a grizzled and experienced killer like Castle in a fight to the death.

#35 Posted by dondave (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher

#36 Posted by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

#37 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Equonox said:

@TheSwordsman: You sound like Brucie from GTA IV.

So text has sound now huh?

#38 Edited by Equonox (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: you are nitpicking with my verb choice? The sign of a highly intelligent, fantastic debater...go back to your cave, troll.

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Super genetics? are you actually being serious? The only gene that could and does help a sprinter is the X gene ( not really, but its what they call it ) and is found in 1/3rd of black descendants in America beacuse of slavery.. Long story short stronger slaves survived meaning stronger off spring. No such thing as a super gene though, everybody has it in them to be an Olympic athlete it is just down to environmental factors and actually getting off your ass and training. Rather than being lazy and say" I can't do it because I do not have a super gene blah blah blah"

Yup.

#39 Posted by TheSecondOpinion (614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@Equonox said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

I was about to post this.

#40 Edited by Hksaru (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

Yes. Top tier professional athlete genetics. Randy Couture has superior genetics as well. as does Jr Dos Santos and many others of varying ethnicities.

what

Google your beliefs

#41 Edited by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics. Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed, There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else. Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete. Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification. 99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do. Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously. Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it. Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory. You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either. There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I try not to waste my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

#42 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hksaru said:

@TheSwordsman said:

@Hoarderofhilarity said:

what

Google your beliefs

Are you having difficulty reading or comprehending what you have read?

They aren't beliefs they are facts. False beliefs are that genetics do not play the most significant part. They do.

As Los Angeles Times science writer Jon Bardin wrote in a recent article, “There are numerous genetic factors known to confer advantages in athletic contests from mutations that increase the oxygen carrying capacity of blood to gene variants that confer an incredible increase in endurance, and these mutations appear to be especially common in Olympic athletes.”

#43 Posted by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

@T@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics.

I admit, I read it wrong.

Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc. First you can train fast twitch muscles, they are not defined and nobody can be genetically superior to somebody who trains them.

, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed,

But technique dictates it more.

There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else.

Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete.

A runner, do not put a shrowed over it, Anybody could be a gymnast if they dedicated to it. Or a powerlifter.

Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification.

Obviously, they train for a lifetime not a year, and are sponsored and do not have anything else to do apart from train.

99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do.

Not a genetic factor at all.

Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously.

Obviously, they want to be better. You cannot be genetically gifted...

Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it.

Again, your "genetics" rant is just an excuse for people to moan about better genetics.

Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory.

I do not want to, I could have been in the Olympics for archery at a young age, I was offered a place on the youth games, but declined as I did not want that to be my life, I am not genetically gifted lmfao

You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either.

No, but I train everyday in gymnastics at home and many martial arts.

There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

No such thing as genetic superiority. No proof, it is all willpower, and good old training and a little bit of luck.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I don't wast my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

You have no proof just laziness and the excuses most of the population make " I am never going to be good as I have bad genetics, sad me, Why am I so unlucky? I can never be good as that person over their somehow has better genetics then me :( "

No, just no. Never. Genetics are not a game changer, mindset and getting of your ass is.

#44 Edited by hyiena (1790 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no need to argue this yes genetics are a big factor but so are hard work, determination, and training its all just pieces of the same puzzle.I would like to add supplements, hormones, and steroids have made genetics less of a factor than the would have been in Ali's day.

#45 Posted by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

There is no need to argue this yes genetics are a big factor but so are hard work, determination, and training its all just pieces of the same puzzle.I would like to add supplements, hormones, and steroids have made genetics less of a factor than the would have been in Ali's day.

#46 Posted by BatFan41487 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

castle

#47 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@T@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

I typed superior genetic, not super genetics.

I admit, I read it wrong.

Try to read more carefully. Wrong our genes determine the ratio of fast twitch muscles we have and dictates our skeletal structure etc. First you can train fast twitch muscles, they are not defined and nobody can be genetically superior to somebody who trains them.

, Skeletetal structure also dictates running speed,

But technique dictates it more.

There are many factors that genes dictate that make someone run faster than someone else.

Everyone does not have it in them to be an olympic athlete.

A runner, do not put a shrowed over it, Anybody could be a gymnast if they dedicated to it. Or a powerlifter.

Try training as an olympian does for a year and then see if you run a olyimpic qualifying 100 meter dash or clean and press. You won't be anywhere near olympic qualification.

Obviously, they train for a lifetime not a year, and are sponsored and do not have anything else to do apart from train.

99% of the population won't be able to because olympic athletes have superior genetics which allows them to compete at the levels that they do.

Not a genetic factor at all.

Yes they train vigorously, but that is because other genetically gifted olympic athletes are also training vigorously.

Obviously, they want to be better. You cannot be genetically gifted...

Your laziness rant makes no sense whatsoever and may apply to you and therefore you think it applies to everyone and/or is an emotional response with no real data whatsoever to corroborate it.

Again, your "genetics" rant is just an excuse for people to moan about better genetics.

Again, stop being lazy then and garner a spot on an olympic team then to prove your inane theory.

I do not want to, I could have been in the Olympics for archery at a young age, I was offered a place on the youth games, but declined as I did not want that to be my life, I am not genetically gifted lmfao

You obviously have not played any high school or college sports, perhaps not even any leagues as a child either.

No, but I train everyday in gymnastics at home and many martial arts.

There are many people that play football their whole lives from a young age to high school and train and practice vigorously, but only a select few have the genetic potential to go to college and even fewer have the superior genetics to go to the pros. Sorry. that's just reality.

No such thing as genetic superiority. No proof, it is all willpower, and good old training and a little bit of luck.

This will likely go right over your head and you will continue to argue for arguments sake. I will pass. I don't wast my time anymore with protracted arguments with people that are incapable of reason or argue just to argue. Goodbye.

You have no proof just laziness and the excuses most of the population make " I am never going to be good as I have bad genetics, sad me, Why am I so unlucky? I can never be good as that person over their somehow has better genetics then me :( "

No, just no. Never. Genetics are not a game changer, mindset and getting of your ass is.

I have scientific and real world proof. Many people aspire to be olympic athletes and train just as hard as but fall short because they do not have the superior genetics of olympic athletes.

Prove your theory then. Become an olympic gymnast or a top 10 ranked martial artist. You will fail because others who train just as hard but have superior genetics will best you time and again.

People are genetically gifted as far as look, height, musculature, speed, intellect, endurance etc. if you are genetically pre-disposed to being short, scrawny, and slow, you will never beat someone who is tall, naturally muscular, and fast if you both train at the same level.

For example a friend and i began a weight lifting regimen at the same time, He trained better than I and ate better but only gained 10 lbs in a 3 month period. I gained 25 lbs in that same period. I was genetically pre-disposed to gaining muscle at a higher rate because of myostatin levels and testostere levels:both genetically gleaned.

So basically your argument applies to you and your own laziness because you didn't want to put in the time and effort to attempt to be an olympic archer. If you were much better than others at archery then you have superior genetics as far as aim is concerned. With that said being invited to be on a youth squad does not mean that you could be an olympic level archer as there may be others who are genetically superior to you who would be better at it.

#48 Edited by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman: Proof or GTFO and also, I do not want to be an Olympic archer as I want to have a life and not just be stuck on TV every 4 years..

#49 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pyrogram said:

@TheSwordsman: Proof or GTFO and also, I do not want to be an Olympic archer as I want to have a life and not just be stuck on TV every 4 years..

Where is your proof? I have provided mine. Seems to me that you are one of those lazy people that make excuses that you refer to so often. You seem to have quit because you could not put in the work. You in all likelihood could not have been an olympic archer, whether you wanted to or not. Wow, "stuck' on tv every 4 years. What a tough grind.Iit is easier to say "i don't want to" instead of "I couldn't" and much more impressive to say "I did" rather than "I could have"..

#50 Edited by Pyrogram (35148 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSwordsman said:

@Pyrogram said:

Where is your proof? I have provided mine. Seems to me that you are one of those lazy people that make excuses that you refer to so often. You seem to have quit because you could not put in the work. You in all likelihood could not have been an olympic archer, whether you wanted to or not. Wow, "stuck' on tv every 4 years. What a tough grind.Iit is easier to say "i don't want to" instead of "I couldn't" and much more impressive to say "I did" rather than "I could have"..

Ok, you do not even know me. I am not getting into this rubbish, you refuse to give proof for your own "opinion" on genetics. Give proof then we talk. If not back down.