#1 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, we've had this thread a few times before, but I'd like to put my own spin on it.

Mass murder in Gotham park! The Joker thought to be responsible for the deaths of over 30 Gotham citizens. Police are on a city wide manhunt for the lunatic, if any information on this man's whereabouts is known please contact the Gotham City Police Department as soon as possible.

Basically, Frank's had enough of this bullsh*t. Off with his shotgun, it's time to punish those who have made Gotham City a living hell.

The Joker is located somewhere in Gotham City. He's recieved a tip that Frank Castle is on the hunt for him; what the Joker does with that information is up to him.

Meanwhile, Castle is aware he's been ratted out and made short work of the snitch (he was a serial killer anyway). It is his mission to 1. find the Joker, and 2. "punish" him, if ya know what I mean. Oh, and one more thing,

this guy is in on the party too. His info is a bit more limited than Joker's (someone is after the Joker, that's all he knows) but he's prepping all the same.

CLIFFS:

-Frank Castle is looking for Joker

-Joker is hiding and preparing

-The snitch has been killed, so no more info can be leaked, unless someone else somehow manages to figure out what's going on (Joker goon maybe) and spreads the word

-Batman is aware of the X over Joker's face, but that is all he knows

-Batman's parents are dead

How does this scenario unfold?

#2 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Well is this was an actual comic book arc then Punisher would find Joker but the Joker would be saved by Batman in the end.

I think that Joker would trap the Punisher but Batman would save Punisher by knocking out the Joker

If this scenario had gone down without warning then Joker would die a painful death

#3 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Well is this was an actual comic book arc then Punisher would find Joker but the Joker would be saved by Batman in the end.

I think that Joker would trap the Punisher but Batman would save Punisher by knocking out the Joker

If this scenario had gone down without warning then Joker would die a painful death

#4 Posted by Blacklightning13 (916 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would go watch joker (he could take him down but he can use him as bait). Then when Punisher goes in batman takes him out then takes out Joker.

#5 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18715 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Pretty much this.

#6 Posted by SoA (5241 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

The "batman's parents are dead" comment made me lol.

#8 Posted by spystreak (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

what version of Joker is this movie,comic or cartoon?

#9 Posted by GhostRider29 (2671 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

The "batman's parents are dead" comment made me lol.

I was about to say the same thing.

@202122 said:

Yup.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice scenario. Body count is high -- it ends with Joker killing Punisher while Batman watches, unable to interfere without killing Joker due to some kind of dead man switch or environmental factor. Afterward, Joker goes to Arkham....

#11 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt Batman would go out looking for a killer that is out to kill Joker until after the job is done.

#12 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (8022 posts) - - Show Bio

batman stops frank before he kills the joker.

#13 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Why would he do that? Why not instead just stop the Joker before Frank can kill him? Or better yet, just let them kill one another?

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Why would he do that? Why not instead just stop the Joker before Frank can kill him? Or better yet, just let them kill one another?

Because he's Batman. If you think he'd let Joker die you don't understand the character.

#15 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Because he's Batman. If you think he'd let Joker die you don't understand the character.

Oh good. You have specific references to back up your claim then. Please do provide them. You seem to have a much stronger understanding of the character than I do so I of course defer to your expertise.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@nickzambuto said:

Oh good. You have specific references to back up your claim then. Please do provide them. You seem to have a much stronger understanding of the character than I do so I of course defer to your expertise.

#17 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

Solid argument. I am convinced.

#18 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@nickzambuto:

Solid argument. I am convinced.

I'm sorry if you thought I was coming off as an ass in my post, that wasn't my intention. I'm just saying, in the actual crossover, Punisher had Joker at gunpoint, but Batman swooped in and saved him, so if you ask me Batman isn't going to let anyone die if he can stop it.

#19 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

But that was a crossover. Crossovers are often considered to not be canon or at the very least, are not verifiable as canon so are disregarded.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: It definitely wasn't canon, but it was written by Chuck Dixon. He wrote Batman for over half a decade, and had his fair share of writing credits in The Punisher: War Journal, as well. So I'd say it is at least indicative.
#21 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: It definitely wasn't canon, but it was written by Chuck Dixon. He wrote Batman for over half a decade, and had his fair share of writing credits in The Punisher: War Journal, as well. So I'd say it is at least indicative.

You should stay out of threads when I am trying to win.

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Morpheus_ said:

You should stay out of threads when I am trying to win.

LOL, mea culpa.
#23 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Ok, we've had this thread a few times before, but I'd like to put my own spin on it.

Mass murder in Gotham park! The Joker thought to be responsible for the deaths of over 30 Gotham citizens. Police are on a city wide manhunt for the lunatic, if any information on this man's whereabouts is known please contact the Gotham City Police Department as soon as possible.

Basically, Frank's had enough of this bullsh*t. Off with his shotgun, it's time to punish those who have made Gotham City a living hell.

The Joker is located somewhere in Gotham City. He's recieved a tip that Frank Castle is on the hunt for him; what the Joker does with that information is up to him.

Meanwhile, Castle is aware he's been ratted out and made short work of the snitch (he was a serial killer anyway). It is his mission to 1. find the Joker, and 2. "punish" him, if ya know what I mean. Oh, and one more thing,

this guy is in on the party too. His info is a bit more limited than Joker's (someone is after the Joker, that's all he knows) but he's prepping all the same.

CLIFFS:

-Frank Castle is looking for Joker

-Joker is hiding and preparing

-The snitch has been killed, so no more info can be leaked, unless someone else somehow manages to figure out what's going on (Joker goon maybe) and spreads the word

-Batman is aware of the X over Joker's face, but that is all he knows

-Batman's parents are dead

How does this scenario unfold?

What does the final part have to do with anything? LOL.

I say Frank can do this

#24 Posted by mech66 (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman would hide using his ninjitsu skills, then the joker and his goons would start going on a all gang out war with "the punisher" Batman has no choice but to save others even scum, so he decides to knock out everyone but joker and punisher face off, joker has revolver, while punisher has a semi-automatic pistol, punisher is a better shot shooting joker, joker is on the edge of his life, and punisher goes up and says 'Do you want more scars,Clown?' Batman then uses a grapple gun on punisher since punisher isn't the type to dodge bullets and wears probably assuming a bulletproof vest, Batman is using a grapple hook then punisher falls batman takes up the chance and beats the shit out of punisher

#25 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

@mech66 Ok.

#26 Posted by DogSoldier88 (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker is dead unless Batman saves him. However, Batman might not care to save him. Joker just killed 30 people. Batman is going to be coming Joker as well. This is what the OP didn't factor in. Batman is on the Joker hunt. People assume that Castle won't just wait until Batman "captures" Joker, and then make sure Joker never makes it to trial, or to Arkham. Also, The Punisher isn't Batman, in that he isn't trying to get close range on Joker to melee attack him, or get in a close quarters fire fight. If Frank Castle knows that Joker and his goons are in a warehouse - then he blows up the whole building. Or snipes him right through a window. Or a grenade launcher, or an RPG, or any number of solutions. And how does he get the intel? Torturing Jokers goons... literally to death. He won't just be talking tough like Batman and threatening them - he will be harming them and killing them until one of them gives Joker up.

#27 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker Wins.

#28 Edited by adhd_assassin (532 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher kills joker, loses in a good fight to bats or runs away afterwards

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I used to make pretty good OPs.

#30 Posted by hulkbuster94 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher would stomp the joker think about it this way joker survives because he uses batmans morals punisher would stomp the joker for one h2h capabilities he may not be on batman's caps daredevils level but he is a competent fighter he was also a black ops operative a marine he does alot of things involving prep he will kill the joker because once he gets through jokers traps he just puts a round into the jokers head.

#31 Edited by ForeverEvil (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

crazy awesome OP. i'll say punisher either gets killed by jokers prep or gets stopped and thrown in jail by batman. then bruce finds joker and beats him again

#32 Posted by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1253 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher.

#34 Edited by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the initial assessment. Batman won't let anyone die if he can help it. On the other hand, I think Joker can catch and kill Punisher. He's caught Batman plenty of times, just for some reason refuses to just put gun to head and tries to pull some kind of "Bond Villain" crap. Thus allowing Batman to escape and stop random nefarious plot. He'd have no compunctions about Punisher. The Joker is one of the meanest and most PIS filled character in all of comics. The way this plays out is that the Joker catches Punisher and is about to make an example out of him. Batman shows up in the nick of time and saves the day.

#35 Edited by Rick_Grayson (887 posts) - - Show Bio

This only ends one way; Batman standing over a recently knocked unconscious Punisher, holding a laughing unctrollably Joker by the throat. He's not gonna let Joker die, and he sure as hell is not gonna be happy that Punishers doing anything in Gotham.

#36 Posted by hulkbuster94 (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher wins people he is almost on par with batman in intelligence like battle tactics and stuff he is also more than willing too kill he wasn't top man in the black ops for nothing it all comes down too how long will it take before joker gets shot

#37 Posted by amseaton (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: This crossover actually took place. Batman saves the Joker and kicks the crap out of the Punisher.