Punisher vs Hulk (World War Hulk Story Arc)

• 56 results
warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By warlockcaster

I was checking some comics and I saw a Punisher comic where he is the last survivor on earth.  All other humans and supers have been turned into flesh eating cannibals.  I thought to myself how cool is that.  Then I saw the part where he fights the Hulk (zombie version).  I thought he must run cause how else would he survive.  But instead Frank shoots Hulk in the eye with an adamantium tipped arrow.  This knocks out the Hulk and then somehow Frank saws off the Giants head and goes on his merry way.  One thing I noticed is that Hulk's healing factor must have been neutralized by the virus because he had huge scars on his body from Wolverine's claws and if his healing factor would have been working those scars would not have been there.  Later I was thinking about World War Hulk.  Could the Punisher during the WWH storyline just have sniped Hulk in the eye with such an arrow and ended the whole catastrophe that easily.  I would assume the Hulk would just be pissed he had been shot in the eye, pull the arrow out and then smash Punisher to paste while his eye grew back.  All my rambling aside I was curious with what comic veterans on the vine could offer on the subject.  Who would be the victor.  Thank you for your opinions.

Kinasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kinasin
@warlockcaster said:
" I was checking some comics and I saw a Punisher comic where he is the last survivor on earth.  All other humans and supers have been turned into flesh eating cannibals.  I thought to myself how cool is that.  Then I saw the part where he fights the Hulk (zombie version).  I thought he must run cause how else would he survive.  But instead Frank shoots Hulk in the eye with an adamantium tipped arrow.  This knocks out the Hulk and then somehow Frank saws off the Giants head and goes on his merry way.  One thing I noticed is that Hulk's healing factor must have been neutralized by the virus because he had huge scars on his body from Wolverine's claws and if his healing factor would have been working those scars would not have been there.  Later I was thinking about World War Hulk.  Could the Punisher during the WWH storyline just have sniped Hulk in the eye with such an arrow and ended the whole catastrophe that easily.  I would assume the Hulk would just be pissed he had been shot in the eye, pull the arrow out and then smash Punisher to paste while his eye grew back.  All my rambling aside I was curious with what comic veterans on the vine could offer on the subject.  Who would be the victor.  Thank you for your opinions. "

No because of his healing factor.
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheVindicator

Depends on what weapons and ordnance Punisher used. A minigun with Adamantium tipped bullets and White phosphorus/spent uranium cores would Cut the Hulk into pieces.

warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By warlockcaster
@Formidable:  Do you think the arrow could take him out though
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheVindicator
@warlockcaster said:

" @Formidable:  Do you think the arrow could take him out though "

Not if his healing factor was intact.

Addendum: But it would likely affect whatever portions of the brain it was lodged in until pulled out.
warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By warlockcaster
@Formidable: thanks for the answer, by the way what are White phosphorus/spent uranium cores, sounds like a real world round, what is there effect
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheVindicator
@warlockcaster said:

" @Formidable: thanks for the answer, by the way what are White phosphorus/spent uranium cores, sounds like a real world round, what is there effect "

Yvw. 
Spent uranium rounds are heavier (denser) than lead rounds while being very hard making them excellent armor piercing rounds. The downside is that they arent 100% spent and carry some radiation which travels through the air when some on the metal is vaporized on a hit.

White phosphorus rounds ignite and burn at very high temperatures.

The combination of the two is just something i though of for this thread (the phosphorus to tax the Hulks healing factor while the incredible rate of fire decapitated him/tore him apart).
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Push
@warlockcaster said:
"I was checking some comics and I saw a Punisher comic where he is the last survivor on earth.  All other humans and supers have been turned into flesh eating cannibals.  I thought to myself how cool is that.  Then I saw the part where he fights the Hulk (zombie version).  I thought he must run cause how else would he survive.  But instead Frank shoots Hulk in the eye with an adamantium tipped arrow.  This knocks out the Hulk and then somehow Frank saws off the Giants head and goes on his merry way.  One thing I noticed is that Hulk's healing factor must have been neutralized by the virus because he had huge scars on his body from Wolverine's claws and if his healing factor would have been working those scars would not have been there.  Later I was thinking about World War Hulk.  Could the Punisher during the WWH storyline just have sniped Hulk in the eye with such an arrow and ended the whole catastrophe that easily.  I would assume the Hulk would just be pissed he had been shot in the eye, pull the arrow out and then smash Punisher to paste while his eye grew back.  All my rambling aside I was curious with what comic veterans on the vine could offer on the subject.  Who would be the victor.  Thank you for your opinions."

Yeah, that's why they're called non-canon stories, they don't aply to the real deals in 616.  Frank couldn't saw off Hulk's head if he tried, he's no where next to strong enough to even stab him and puncture his skin.  Anything can hapen in an alternate stroy where your not bound by continuity and rules.  Castle killed most of the MU hero's, as for Hulk in that story, he just watched Hulk's every move, when he reverted back to Banner, just walked right up, and popped him in the back of the head. Yes, he can try and kill the Hulk, indirectly, by killing Banner.  Whether that would even work in 616, whether he'd still revert to Hulk after he gets shot, won't know till it hapens, I guess.
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheVindicator
@Push said:
" @warlockcaster said:
"I was checking some comics and I saw a Punisher comic where he is the last survivor on earth.  All other humans and supers have been turned into flesh eating cannibals.  I thought to myself how cool is that.  Then I saw the part where he fights the Hulk (zombie version).  I thought he must run cause how else would he survive.  But instead Frank shoots Hulk in the eye with an adamantium tipped arrow.  This knocks out the Hulk and then somehow Frank saws off the Giants head and goes on his merry way.  One thing I noticed is that Hulk's healing factor must have been neutralized by the virus because he had huge scars on his body from Wolverine's claws and if his healing factor would have been working those scars would not have been there.  Later I was thinking about World War Hulk.  Could the Punisher during the WWH storyline just have sniped Hulk in the eye with such an arrow and ended the whole catastrophe that easily.  I would assume the Hulk would just be pissed he had been shot in the eye, pull the arrow out and then smash Punisher to paste while his eye grew back.  All my rambling aside I was curious with what comic veterans on the vine could offer on the subject.  Who would be the victor.  Thank you for your opinions."
Yeah, that's why they're called non-canon stories, they don't aply to the real deals in 616.  Frank couldn't saw off Hulk's head if he tried, he's no where next to strong enough to even stab him and puncture his skin.  Anything can hapen in an alternate stroy where your not bound by continuity and rules.  Castle killed most of the MU hero's, as for Hulk in that story, he just watched Hulk's every move, when he reverted back to Banner, just walked right up, and popped him in the back of the head. Yes, he can try and kill the Hulk, indirectly, by killing Banner.  Whether that would even work in 616, whether he'd still revert to Hulk after he gets shot, won't know till it hapens, I guess. "
He may have used a razor-sharp Adamantium saw.
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Push
@Formidable said:
" @Push said:
" @warlockcaster said:
Yeah, that's why they're called non-canon stories, they don't aply to the real deals in 616.  Frank couldn't saw off Hulk's head if he tried, he's no where next to strong enough to even stab him and puncture his skin.  Anything can hapen in an alternate stroy where your not bound by continuity and rules.  Castle killed most of the MU hero's, as for Hulk in that story, he just watched Hulk's every move, when he reverted back to Banner, just walked right up, and popped him in the back of the head. Yes, he can try and kill the Hulk, indirectly, by killing Banner.  Whether that would even work in 616, whether he'd still revert to Hulk after he gets shot, won't know till it hapens, I guess. "
He may have used a razor-sharp Adamantium saw. "

He still wouldn't have the strength to cut through the Hulk, imo.  And, is Hulk just lying there, yelling "Hurry up Frank?"
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheVindicator
@Push said:

" @Formidable said:

" @Push said:
" @warlockcaster said:
He still wouldn't have the strength to cut through the Hulk, imo.  And, is Hulk just lying there, yelling "Hurry up Frank?" "
Adamantium cuts through the Hulk with ease so it would take very little strength, and there are no contiguous bones in the neck so he could simply cut between the segments quite readily.
warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By warlockcaster
@Push: lmfao very nice Push, thanks for comments, don't think he had an adamantium saw by the way, I suppose you could set up a whole slew of different characters to solo slaughter the marvel universe, they did it with doctor doom if I recall
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheVindicator

I didn't think it was an Adamantium saw but i was simply stating that it could have been.

It is more likely that the hulk body simply wasn't as durable because of the "zombification" and subsequent cellular degradation.

Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Push
@Formidable said:
"@Push said:

" @Formidable said:

" @Push said:
" @warlockcaster said:
He still wouldn't have the strength to cut through the Hulk, imo.  And, is Hulk just lying there, yelling "Hurry up Frank?" "
Adamantium cuts through the Hulk with ease so it would take very little strength, and there are no contiguous bones in the neck so he could simply cut between the segments quite readily. "

You ever read Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect? There's a panel when Prof Hulk is fighting the Maestro, and he hurls Caps shield and plunges it into the Maestro's chest, and Maestro's says something like "The shield never posed a threat to us, even when Cap had it, cause no one had sufficient strength to throw it hard enough to actually hurt us'. 
Push

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Push
@warlockcaster said:
" @Push: lmfao very nice Push, thanks for comments, don't think he had an adamantium saw by the way, I suppose you could set up a whole slew of different characters to solo slaughter the marvel universe, they did it with doctor doom if I recall "

No worries :-)
warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By warlockcaster

These comments make me think the battle would go something like this.  Punisher has somehow acquired adamantium ammo for a sniper rifle.  He starts putting rounds in the Hulk's head.  The Hulk gets pissed, pushes the rounds out via healing factor and decorates the sidewalk and building with Punisher stains.  The punisher is a great conventional fighter and excellent battle tactician but against the Hulk in the 616 universe he is outmatched.  Unless Garth Ennis writes the story.  Then the punisher kills the Hulk in hand-to-hand combat with his bare fists.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
@warlockcaster said:
"Unless Garth Ennis writes the story.  Then the punisher kills the Hulk in hand-to-hand combat with his bare fists. "
HAHAHA Totally true.
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordraiden
@warlockcaster said:
"Unless Garth Ennis writes the story.  Then the punisher kills the Hulk in hand-to-hand combat with his bare fists. " 

LoL  Too true.  He did have Thor get his ass severly kicked by a thousand yeard old rune zombie who took out the whole avengers on top and practically took over America and nearly the world.  Anythings possible with Ennis, and his love for superheros ;-)
warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By warlockcaster

LOL, thanks for all the comments guys, nice to have a good online conversation with smart people

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@Formidable said:

" Depends on what weapons and ordnance Punisher used. A minigun with Adamantium tipped bullets and White phosphorus/spent uranium cores would Cut the Hulk into pieces. "

it didnt happen in WWH

@warlockcaster:

I would say thats accaptable,the Hulk`s healing factor had (apparentely) disapeared,also if the plaga is like the Zombie-verse,it is likely his durability was downgraded as well
Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21  Edited By Fresh0133

WWHulk's healing factor is near instantaneous, there's not allot that Frank could do to him that he wouldn't just shrug off.
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheVindicator
@Fresh03 said:

" WWHulk's healing factor is near instantaneous, there's not allot that Frank could do to him that he wouldn't just shrug off. "

If Frank Decapitated (removed his head from his body) him with a 3000 round per minute minigun on full auto with Admantium tipped/spent uranium core bullets the Hulk would die.
TheVindicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheVindicator
@Push said:

" @Formidable said:

Adamantium cuts through the Hulk with ease so it would take very little strength, and there are no contiguous bones in the neck so he could simply cut between the segments quite readily. "

You ever read Incredible Hulk: Future Imperfect? There's a panel when Prof Hulk is fighting the Maestro, and he hurls Caps shield and plunges it into the Maestro's chest, and Maestro's says something like "The shield never posed a threat to us, even when Cap had it, cause no one had sufficient strength to throw it hard enough to actually hurt us'.  "
Caps shieled is blunt not razor sharp. Wolverines claws never had any problem cutting the hulks because they are sharpened. Blunt shields don't cut and would take superhuman strength to penetrate even a normal human torso.

@Matezoide said:

" @Formidable said:

" Depends on what weapons and ordnance Punisher used. A minigun with Adamantium tipped bullets and White phosphorus/spent uranium cores would Cut the Hulk into pieces. "

it didnt happen in WWH  
 Nor did the beyonder come down and turn hulk into a marble in WWH. Just because things didn't happen in WWH doesn't mean they aren't possible. There are many characters in the Marvel universe capable of slaying the hulk. He is simply an asset that Marvel doesn't want dead.
Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Achilles.

Hulk could take this

Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25  Edited By Fresh0133
@Formidable:
That MIGHT, and I emphasize might, work.  WWH is a complete monster when it comes to healing factor, he was shrugging off pretty much everything without much effort, his healing factor would likely have the wounds closed as fast as they were made.  Plus WWH is realllllyyyyy fast, he's not going to just sit there and take it from Frank. 

You've come up with what would be one of the few ways that Frank could do him in, but WWH's healing feats are pretty ridiculous.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By theiconic

with the proper weaponry  frank could beat the hulk....if  The Punisher had adamantium rounds, vibranium rounds, life model decoys,  claymore adamantium fragments & explosives...say  stark punisher armor thats remote for cover fire......100 cal adamantium sniper gun.....adamantium tip posion darts, toxin to slow healing factor,  carbondium rounds to slow healing factor, and that  kryptonite-ish metal blade  that stops healing factors...Cable technology - teleport, energy berriors, plasma explosives, doom-tech nanno drones to disrupt his healing temporary, and do other damage and vibranium kevlar provided by black panther. u know they shoulda had frank do this in WWH

angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By angryvigilante

I' am huge Punisher fan, but he would never take down the Hulk.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By SuperTide

Hulk

theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By theiconic
@angryvigilante: as am i  but  if he had the weapons i  described he could win
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By King_Saturn
under regular conditions... World War Hulk pounds Frank into dust...
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By ComicStooge
@King Saturn:
Unless Frank has some uber-gear.
mattek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mattek
@Push said:
" @warlockcaster said:
cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By cody1984
@AtPhantom said:
" @warlockcaster said:
HAHAHA Totally true. "

Being honest I found nothing unrealistic about the way the Punisher took down the Hulk before.  Granted it was out there but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I think the Punisher under the right conditions can take down the hulk as he has done before.  So I'm going with the Punisher unless it is head to head in which case the Punisher loses but considering that isn't how the Punisher goes against tougher opponents I doubt the Hulk is just going to be able to smash him like people on here claim.  

RichThormentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RichThormentor

Ité pretty unclear for me, as I just finished reading the series, "Marvel Universe vs the Punisher"... it´s confusing, first of all, the virus doesn´t turn them into zombies, just makes them a more simple minded, primitive cannibalistic predators, but still alive and "human" (think 28 Days Later, but with somewhat semi-intelligent infected), it is showed that the virus diminishes heroes´ powers, but in some cases they remain intact. For example, Punisher killed the Hulk by just shooting an arrow in his eye, with the tip of one of Wolverine´s claws, Hulk didn´t pull out the arrow, just died after a few seconds... and in the other hand, it is showed that Deadpool still retains his healing factor, Punisher killed him 34 times (last one appeared to be effective, though). It´s really confusing, because if Hulk did have his healing factor Frank would have had to work a lot more to kill him than just an adamantium arrow... but it appears not, Hulk still had the scars of Wolverine´s claws from when they fought, so , no healing factor whatsoever, but Deadpool still had his´. My brain hurts...

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeanroygrant

Hulk

Unparalleled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Unparalleled

I recall Punisher stabbing red hulk in the chest with a normal combat knife. Now assuming Red hulk and green hulk have similar durability I could see Frank putting a bullet through hulk brains fairly easily. maybe through the eye socket if the skull is too hard. Then Frank might have like an acid or something within the bullet that might be able to kill him.

SkybornLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SkybornLord

I remember there was What if the Punisher killed the Marvel Universe, where he shot Hulk with these nano-thingies that reverted him back to Banner. Then he either shot him or blew him up, I can't remember. There was a lot of shooting and blowing up. Of course, it was a what if thing, but it does sound feasible. I think I remember Iron Man making some nano-things that were supposed to do that, but somebody sabotaged them, so when they tried to use it in WWH, it didn't work.

Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Beerhappy

Never underestimate Frank, hes a SOB

Ive always had a problem with the whole non canon, you know its just the writers having the same conversation we do. And they use the Punisher alot...

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The green one.

warlockcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By warlockcaster

The impression I get from the Punisher is that he becomes very plot-device dependent when going up against powerful super beings, and seems to suddenly come into possession of outrageous weapons and gadgets whenever he needs them. Also these same beings are often rewritten to allow the Punisher his victory. The scan with the Hulk above is a perfect example. Causing the hulk to bleed and actually feel pain never causes him to revert to Banner in any other comic. It makes him more powerful and causes him to heal faster. Yes the C4 explosion would have hurt him, but in any other comic he would have gotten pissed, healed, and gone on an even more violent rampage. Punisher only would have made the situation worse.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By henryarguelles5

WW Hulk is too much for the Punisher. Even Grey Hulk should be too much for him.

Punisher works best when he's a "real" character - when you mix him with the more fantastical elements of the Marvel Universe, he tends to become Batman-level in terms of prep...which takes away from the character.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jeanroygrant

World War Hulk

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By nefarious

Hulk stomps Punisher.

TERMINATOR1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TERMINATOR1234

Hulk

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If punisher had tipped the arrow with something to counter that healing factor, then yeah, he could do it no problem.

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Formidable: Do you think the arrow could take him out though

No it would probably slightly slow him down though.WWH during the arc got slashed in the eye by X-23 and fought wolverine with little trouble.the arrow would get pulled out and he would move on to stomp Punisher

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK kills him worse than Daken did.

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdc said:

If punisher had tipped the arrow with something to counter that healing factor, then yeah, he could do it no problem.

How dare you bump this! xD

But I'm totally taking those scans of Hulk getting hurt from the inside, that will help in a few threads. :P

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By GhostRavage

@jeepeh: Those scans are BS... Just sayin' :P

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers