• 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1:H2H

Round 2:Both get a shotgun,two beretas and an AK-74.Unlimitted clip.

Round 3:Both get a combat knife.

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13058 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher takes all 3 rounds.

#3 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle 1, 2 and 3.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle kicks the crap out of him.

Moderator
#5 Posted by HolySerpent (12463 posts) - - Show Bio

Castle

#6 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher freaking annilates Redfield in all three rounds

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (17605 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher all 3 rounds ,and he wins em pretty easy too

#8 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilate all three rounds? I think if Chris were thrown into the Marvel Universe, he would fare just as well as Frank would. I love both characters and I doubt this is a stomp. Chris has also shown great resilience, determination, resourcefulness, along with his elite training with firearms and cqc weapons. He takes on BOWs and you gotta give him props for not ever backing down despite what he's up against.

We have to remember Chris is a marksman extraordinaire so Frank has his work cut out for him.

#9 Posted by ThexX (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher Stomps.

#10 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please explain how he stomps instead of just typing he stomps? Am I missing something here? They are both well trained near peak/peak humans so it should be leveled if they are equipped fairly (which they are.)

#11 Posted by SuperTide (15600 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher in all 3.

#12 Posted by Shadowglenn (582 posts) - - Show Bio

punisher wins all 3 rounds

#13 Posted by sandiego008 (3283 posts) - - Show Bio

take my vote w/ a grain of salt as i'm not THAT knowledgable on chris ... but I think punisher takes all 3 rounds.

#14 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold it hold it hold it... how does Punisher "stomp" with "no difficulty"?

Round 1:H2H

Punisher has Marine H2H training, and is above average even in that, but slightly superior skill won't secure him the win.

Punisher is... an old man. Chris Redfield is a young soldier in the prime of his life. Physically, he has a MAAASSSSSIIIIVVVVVEEEE advantage.

Strength-

Chris sends full grown monsters flying with his punches, pushes a multiton boulder into a pit of lava, etc. Frank Castle, though a willy one, is as I said... an old man.

Speed-

10:15 in the first video.

Chris, weighed down by a few dozens of pounds of weapons and artillery, runs through a collapsing temple, jumping over trap holes and dodging falling debris.

5:05 in the second

Chris not only outruns Sheva by a mile, but catches up to moving plane about to takeoff.

Agility-

'NUFF SAID

Stamina-

Chris, in RE1, spent an entire night running around the world's most needlessly complicated mansion, fighting off every monstrous abomination against manking Umbrella could possibly come up with. Zombies, dogs, Hunters, the tyrant... Chris spent the whole night not only fighting these guys, but wrecking his brain trying to figure out all these insane puzzles and traps.

In Code Veronica he did it again, only difference is this time it was more like 24 hours of non-stop fighting. Not to mention the enemies were far superior this time around, Alexia Ashford being a prime example.

Chris gets pwned by Wesker so much throughout 5, yet each time he never takes even a single breather. It's just fight fight fight fight WESKER fight fight fight fight.

Skill-

Punisher was a Marine, but Chris was in the Air Force. Ever since the age of 17, he's shown to be superior to most of his comrads. Chris, throughout his military career, was trained rigorously in hand-to-hand and knife combat, and took part in missions overseas.

After that, he joined STARS, where he was trained further. STARS was basically Raccoon City's very own SWAT team, an elite taskforce designed to undertake the missions regular police can't. Again, he's been cited for superior H2H ability and skill with a knife.

Punisher is probably a bit more skilled, but Chris isn't without his own tricks. And his vast physical advantage more then makes up for whatever he lacks. Chris is more then some mob goon Punisher normally faces; he's a real warrior.

Round 2:Both get a shotgun,two beretas and an AK-74.Unlimitted clip.

I'm with Chris on round 1, but yeah, this is a bit tougher. But to say this is a stomp is a major overestimation.

While in the Airforce, Chris served as a pilot and marksman, again, displaying supreme skill. He has several trophies on display in the STARS office, all for marksman contests, and his actual role in STARS was point man.

Here, Chris hits Wesker dead in his face with a rocket launcher, hardly the most accuracte weapon, from 50 feet up, all the while the helecopter is being jarred by the target in question.

I'm not saying anyone wins here, just trying to give Chris a case.

Round 3:Both get a combat knife.

Chris and his knife is like Ebony and Ivory, there is no separating them. As I said above, he was trained rigorously in hand-to-hand AND knife combat while in the Airforce.

I'm still going with Chris on this one, mainly for his superior speed and own formidable skill.

Online
#15 Posted by youngpotter (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris gets literally destroyed.

#16 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: I read somewhere That Chris Is Peak human And the punisher is athletic.Not sure about that though.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@CrimsonCake said:

@nickzambuto: I read somewhere That Chris Is Peak human And the punisher is athletic.Not sure about that though.

Chris is definately peak in strength, and olympic in everything else. Punisher is, well, like I said... an old man.

Online
#18 Edited by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: You made quite a good point, I'd give round 1-3 to chris, and 2 to punisher.

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@nickzambuto: You made quite a good point, I'd give round 1-3 to christ, and 2 to punisher.

Christ? When was Jesus Christ ever mentioned?

Regardless, how can The Lord lose in round 2 when his healing factor is as great as it is? I think Punisher is the one that gets stomped now...

:p

Online
#20 Posted by Super_Gui_1 (318 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@nickzambuto: You made quite a good point, I'd give round 1-3 to christ, and 2 to punisher.

Christ? When was Jesus Christ ever mentioned?

Regardless, how can The Lord lose in round 2 when his healing factor is as great as it is? I think Punisher is the one that gets stomped now...

:p

-_- typing error. I just think punisher is more proefficient with guns.

#21 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Castle kicks the crap out of him.

Moderator
#22 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@Super_Gui_1 said:

@nickzambuto: You made quite a good point, I'd give round 1-3 to christ, and 2 to punisher.

Christ? When was Jesus Christ ever mentioned?

Regardless, how can The Lord lose in round 2 when his healing factor is as great as it is? I think Punisher is the one that gets stomped now...

:p

-_- typing error. I just think punisher is more proefficient with guns.

Just kidding :p

Online
#23 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@god_spawn said:

Castle kicks the crap out of him.

Online
#24 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Punisher takes all 3 rounds.
#25 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how every post thus far has been Punisher stomps, but with no reasoning behind it at all.

Online
#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher defeats Chris in every round. He's a far superior marksman, he's more skilled and experienced and he's fought off far greater opponents than Chris has (Wolverine, Daredevil and Spider-man), he's easily near peak-human and not an old man, and he's a lot smarter than Redfield.

The OP is horrendous though. There's no information on location, whether or not there is prep or even if morals are on/off. These factors would better determine the outcome of this battle.

Moderator
#27 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. I literally want someone to prove me wrong. Someone please show me a scan of Frank Castle displaying superior combat skill.

Yeah, ok, sure, round 2 goes to Punisher, there's really no beating the man himself when it comes to guns, but come on how can Chris lose rounds 1 and 3? I need some Punisher feats. Get to it Comicvine, unless Frank isn't all he's cracked up to be.

Online
#28 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, well then, I guess Chris wins considering Punsher has no feats worth mentioning...

Online
#29 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher all 3.

Moderator
#30 Posted by Antonis5555 (51 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Punisher all 3.

#31 Posted by jashro44 (19812 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:Well for the hand to hand round how good is redfield in hand to hand? What training does he have and who has he beaten in hand to hand? Because punisher knows 3 different martial arts. He knows ninjutsu, shorin ryu, and chin-na. He has held his own against daredevil (all though daredevil was still whooping him but still I'm pretty sure dd is out of chris's league in hand to hand point being punisher wasn't treated like fodder), and has held his own against moon knight twice (2 separate fights). So what sort of training and hand to hand feats does chris have that are better then these? Physical stats are good but if the skill gap is as large as I think it is then Frank is winning this. Below I will upload scans of the dd fight, the 2 moon knight fights, and references of his training. And sorry the scans are jumbled up but my computer wont let me organize them for whatever reason...Sorry about that.

#32 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher Slaughters

#33 Posted by gingerpenny (947 posts) - - Show Bio

It makes me want to sing, "anything you can do I can do better" haha The Punisher would destroy Chris Redfield

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I was going ot Post scans but no bother here. Ill add this tho.

Punisher in his 50s fight a Ex Navy Seal who feels no pain. This is after Punisher been Jumped at a Airport and severly out of it.

Thats Older than he currently is. with previous injuries.

#35 Edited by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto:Well for the hand to hand round how good is redfield in hand to hand? What training does he have and who has he beaten in hand to hand? Because punisher knows 3 different martial arts. He knows ninjutsu, shorin ryu, and chin-na. He has held his own against daredevil (all though daredevil was still whooping him but still I'm pretty sure dd is out of chris's league in hand to hand point being punisher wasn't treated like fodder), and has held his own against moon knight twice (2 separate fights). So what sort of training and hand to hand feats does chris have that are better then these? Physical stats are good but if the skill gap is as large as I think it is then Frank is winning this. Below I will upload scans of the dd fight, the 2 moon knight fights, and references of his training. And sorry the scans are jumbled up but my computer wont let me organize them for whatever reason...Sorry about that.

While yes, Daredevil is indeed out of Chris's league in H2H, Albert Wesker is likewise out of Punisher's league. Not to mention, a case can be made saying DD was holding back in that fight. Throughout the whole thing he was trying to convince Castle to let the guy go. In the Moon Knight fight, Mark directly stated he was holding back, so that isn't really the best showing either. And even then, in two fights where his opponent are holding back, Frank still got owned each time, only getting a few hits in here and there.

I went over all of Chris's training in my other post on the previous page. Basically, he was more or less a prodigy during his time in the military, and his BSAA training has toughened him up. And while I do acknowledge that

this is straight up badass, from what we see Frank hardly won that fight, and the guy didn't look very skilled at all himself, he just relied on strength and his own pain tolerance. So what we have from Punisher is,

-Getting whopped by Daredevil who was most likely holding back

-Getting whooped by Moon Knight who was holding back

-Getting whooped by a brutish thug

-Defeating random goons one at a time

Chris on the other hand, while I acknowledge is lacking some in the feats department, has tangled with the likes of Albert Wesker H2H, who would murderstomp DD, Moon Knight, and all those thugs all at the same time with no effort.

In the books, Chris even killed a fully grown Hunter with his bare hands (super tough skin, inhumanly fast and agile, super strength, highly aggressive).

And while I hate counting trailer feats, I have to bring up the fact that Chris was capable of effortlessly pinning this guy, while dead drunk and suffering from a severe concussion.

1:20

2:20

Chris has got some impressive speed. I can't tell wtf is even going on.

He also defeated Big Ba Baby Boy Boulder H2H (he had him pretty much begging by the end)

Couple that with his vastly superior physical ability, and I'm confident Chris can win. Something I forgot about in my previous post,

DURABILITY-

Chris takes hits from Wesker, who in turn punches through steel and tosses ariel missiles like footballs. At 1:30, he tanks falling 30 feet onto his face. Just gets right back up.

Chris isn't even bothered by the fact that he's inside a friggin volcano. This has got to be the single most impressive durability feat I've ever seen from a street leveler. If he doesn't suffocate on the fumes and gases that things lets out, he'd surely be cooked alive in a matter of seconds. Not to mention, this is directly after being inside a plane which crash landed into said volcano.

With Chris's strength and durability, if Punisher hopes to win he'll have to land 5 hits to each of Chris's. And when you're facing someone who's far faster and more acrobatic than you, I don't see that happening.

So now let's look at Chris.

-Effortlessly pins down random goon while dead drunk with a severe concussion (pretty much cancels out those goon scans you showed)

-Beat a Hunter in hand to claw combat

-Tanks hits from Albert Wesker

-Unarguably superior to Punisher in all physical aspects

Online
#36 Posted by jashro44 (19812 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:Daredevil was not holding back any more then he would against your average super hero. He was still fighting frank and went so far as to use nerve strikes in an effort to drop him. Even if daredevil was holding back punisher still managed to land a blow on a guy who has proven capable of deflecting bullets. Even when daredevil was holding back recently against captain america in dare devil #2, steve rogers still had a hard time hitting daredevil and he was going for a "juggernaut approach". And this was daredevil trying to talk cap down as well. Your point about chris fighting wesker doesn't matter so much because chris can't lay a finger on him. In the punishers case he is countering daredevil when he puts frank in a hold and even lands a blow. I doubt chris has done the same to wesker.

As for the 1 moon fight they were both holding back and moon knight said there both still doing damage to each other. And even then what about the other fight against moon knight? Those 2 scans I uploaded were 2 completely different fights.

As for the scans of punisher beating random thugs I didn't upload them because he was beating random thugs. I uploaded them to detail what martial arts styles he knows. Do we actually know if chris is familiar in any martial arts? Otherwise I would say frank has much greater technical knowledge and skill. I'm not seeing anything in the training you listed that compares to ninjutsu, chin-na, and shorin ryu. Frank was also a marine as well so the punisher seems to have the better training.

The showing of pinning the guy while drunk is all right. But in the scans I uploaded Frank broke the arm of a criminal who was armed with a broken bottle or beating up someone else who also knows chin-na martial arts. I'm not really sure what a hunter is to be honest so what can they do? The agility feat is impressive as well. LOL at the boulder video that is impressive I will admit so is taking hits from wesker but punisher has taken hits from a blood lusted spider-man before. Frank wont need to land more strikes because his technical knowledge is greater. Frank knows where to his and how to hit, he also knows how to move with the punches and block them thanks to his training in shorin ryu. He knows how to put chris in a hold thanks to his chin-na and knows how to break arms as well. His technical knowledge will make up for any physical inferiority (all though to be honest I'm not sure if he is lesser then chris physically he isn't far off I would say)

Here are more punisher feats: First Deadpool tackles frank out of a window they land on a car and the car is demolished yet franks alive still and is capable of standing (there is more to this fight I just don't see the point in posting the rest), taking hits from spider-man who launches him several feat in the air, 1 shots a bull with a board killing it (strength feat), Takes on 2 hitmen who have come to kill him while he was in the hospital they armed with guns and he is unarmed, final set frank waking up to find his family dead. He shows that he knows nerve strikes in the second scan. I still say punisher is more skilled and he has comparable physical stats at least (I would even say his pain tolerance is greater).

#37 Posted by Immortal777 (6949 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher sure does get his a$$ kick a lot

#38 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio

I would win playing Chris for all 3 rounds.   

#39 Posted by Pwok21 (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris takes this.

For already stated reasons.

#40 Posted by God_Spawn (37371 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Good h2h argument, Jashro. Just to point out with Chris taking hits from Wesker, I don't see it as a durability feat cause it isn't like Wesker is trying to kill or maim him. He's toying with them. I know you aren't arguing it but just debunking it and letting you know. It's like some people trying to say Hulk tanking hits from Zeus is a durability feat. No reason Zeus can't kill him on strength alone.

Round 2: Punisher easy. The simple fact Frank has shot the web shooters off Spidey, shot Spidey and, shot Daredevil before IIRC and gotten Daredevil to admit Frank could kill him if he wanted and that he pulls his shots on him. I think that speaks volumes for Frank's marksmanship ability considering Bullseye is one of DD's longest reigning villains. Chris has issues shooting Wesker. I don't think Wesker is even that much faster if at all than Spider-Man and he doesn't have pre-cog to boot.

Round 3: I think Jashro's skill argument is enough and Punisher has tagged Nightcrawler unarmed IIRC before so he can tag pretty agile. Frank's pain tolerance is ridiculous. Some knife stabs by Chris would hurt but it isn't downing him unless an immediate kill shot. If Frank can have a hole shot in his calf, leg broken, stabbed in the chest, half of his face cut off, throat cut and arm cut off and still stand to fight Daken clutching the knife in his other hand coupled with his skill, he has my vote.

Moderator
#41 Posted by Nefarious (18816 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher should win.

Online
#42 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

Ehh, not so sure about the Deadpool scan. I mean, Frank survived, but that's pretty much it. The fall had him pretty much crippled while Wade just wailed on him, and if it weren't for the guy saving him, Deadpool would of killed him. He got up sure, but just barely.

The Spider-Man punch actually is impressive, getting launched so high, but for all we know he could of come back down KO'd, or at the very least, in similar shape to the Deadpool fight. In any case, it's nothing Chris hasn't dealt with before.

One shotting that bull is likewise pretty impressive, but as we can see, that board had nails sticking out of it, so I would think that contributed in some way. Still, you've proven Punisher is stronger than I initially thought; but Chris does beats him in that department.

And those guys had to be the two most pitiful hitmen I've ever seen. "OH MAN! OH MAN! I'M OUTTA HERE! OH GOD! GET OUTTA MAH WAY! OH MAN! "AAAAHHHHH" :P

He was still fighting frank and went so far as to use nerve strikes in an effort to drop him.

Exactly, he was using nerve strikes to try and incacipitate Punisher. He didn't want to KO him the old fashion way.

Even when daredevil was holding back recently against captain america in dare devil #2, steve rogers still had a hard time hitting daredevil and he was going for a "juggernaut approach".

That wasn't much of a fight. DD was just avoiding all of Cap's hits while he tried to explain to him what happened. All his focus was placed on dodging and running, unless I'm mistaked Matt barely laid a single hit on Steve.

In the punishers case he is countering daredevil when he puts frank in a hold and even lands a blow. I doubt chris has done the same to wesker.

Well, Wesker is just a tad bit harder to hit than Daredevil. :P

Besides, punch for punch Frank only landed 3 hits on Matt, and one of them was by catching Matt off guard, and even then it didn't seem to have much of an effect (the first hit in the first scan)

Those 2 scans I uploaded were 2 completely different fights.

I'm sorry, the art was the same in both so I figured it was the same fight.

Anyway, I don't see why Frank would hold back in that fight. Sure Mark said he was, but Mark isn't Frank. All Punisher was interested in doing was getting Moon Knight out of the way so he could focus on his real target.

Do we actually know if chris is familiar in any martial arts?

We don't know his specific style, but Umbrella Chronicles states he was trained in several different types of martial arts.

I never denied Frank was the superior fighter, just that Chris could keep up and let his superior physical ability pick up the slack.

Chris is capable of dodging Wesker's strikes, and even a bullet. Not to mention his combo move takes quite a toll on Albert, who in turn tanks RPGs, explosions, and having 10 tons of steel girders fall onto his head from several stories up. Honestly if Chris can execute said combo on Frank, it very well might be the turning point in this match.

I'm not really sure what a hunter is to be honest so what can they do?

That's a hunter.

Standing at about 5 feet tall, these creatures were genetically engineered by Umbrella to be one-man killing machines, with razor sharp claws and teeth to match, one shot would be more than enough to finish off any human.

Created by combining a fertalized human egg with reptilian DNA, these guys have strength, speed, and agility proportionate to such.

Chris killed one of these guys during the Mansion Incident with his bare hands. And remember, Chris didn't get buff until RE5. His skill alone was sufficient to end this guy.

The scans you've provided actually made me second guess myself, but in the end, I'm sure Chris can take Frank Castle. Round 1 for sure, and I'd even give him a shot in round 2. Chris is after all, an award winning marksmen. He has a shelf full of trophy's on display in the S.T.A.R.S. office.

3:35. We can clearly see that Wesker is not anywhere near Chris when the Cerberous leaps. So combine distance with pitch black darkness, and throw in some fog, not to mention the Cerberous dogs are explicitly stated to run far faster than normal dogs, and Wesker still managed to shoot it before it could bite Chris.

At 6:05, Wesker continues to display his incredible accuracy.

It's directly stated that Chris is the best marksman in S.T.A.R.S., so if Wesker can land those hits, I wonder how good he is?

More direct feats include,

0:45, he lands a shot on a Majini from at least 30 yards, while said Majini is being shielded by a mini gun, while on a racing speed boat.

1:30 lands a headshot on Wesker with an RPG (hardly the most accurate weapon) from 50+ yards, while inside a helecopter being jerked around by his targets Uroborous arm.

Not saying he'd win round 2, but it ain't a stomp.

Online
#43 Posted by CrimsonCake (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#44 Posted by jashro44 (19812 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

Ehh, not so sure about the Deadpool scan. I mean, Frank survived, but that's pretty much it. The fall had him pretty much crippled while Wade just wailed on him, and if it weren't for the guy saving him, Deadpool would of killed him. He got up sure, but just barely.

An average human would not have survived a fall like that. He landed on a car and it was completely flattened. Sure deadpool was beating on him but is a much deadpool is a better hand to hand fighter then either chris or punisher so thats probably why. Not to mention his healing factor makes him more durable then either so he was probably a lot less impacted not to mention he also had punisher to cooshin his fall. I should note thats not where the fight ends. They actually fight for a few more pages. I can upload the rest if you need it but not much really happens. Also frank was stabbed by deadpool there so that can also add in to the pain tolereance. The fact he was able to take a beating from deadpool and remain conscious just adds to the feat imo.

The Spider-Man punch actually is impressive, getting launched so high, but for all we know he could of come back down KO'd, or at the very least, in similar shape to the Deadpool fight. In any case, it's nothing Chris hasn't dealt with before.

Well these is another time that Frank has been punched by a blood lusted spider-man who stated he wasn't holding back at all. He then was thrown a few feat in the air and survived the fall and then got hit by a car.

One shotting that bull is likewise pretty impressive, but as we can see, that board had nails sticking out of it, so I would think that contributed in some way. Still, you've proven Punisher is stronger than I initially thought; but Chris does beats him in that department.

Well yes there are nails in the board but there are no wholes in the bull so I doubt the nails impaled the bull. And any strength advantage chris knows is balanced out by punishers technical knowledge. He will be aiming for the vital points on chris body. What hurts more a punch to the abs or a punch to the neck? Frank may not hit the neck exactly but he will target weak points like that.

And those guys had to be the two most pitiful hitmen I've ever seen. "OH MAN! OH MAN! I'M OUTTA HERE! OH GOD! GET OUTTA MAH WAY! OH MAN! "AAAAHHHHH" :P

LOL thats because they knew what was coming.

Exactly, he was using nerve strikes to try and incacipitate Punisher. He didn't want to KO him the old fashion way.

Daredevil was still trying to win and he couldn't end it (despite having an upper hand). Even though frank was getting owned this is daredevil we are talking about. He is perhaps one of the best fighters in the marvel universe and he is one of the hardest street levelers to tag. Tagging him is not an easy task even if he is holding back. I doubt daredevil was trying to get hit.

That wasn't much of a fight. DD was just avoiding all of Cap's hits while he tried to explain to him what happened. All his focus was placed on dodging and running, unless I'm mistaked Matt barely laid a single hit on Steve.

Well yea you are right matt did not land a blow on steve however that wasn't his intention. His focus was on talking steve down. He wasn't really all that focused on fighting and steve rogers still had a hard time hitting him. Daredevils own avoidance made it hard for steve and punisher was still able to tag someone who was dancing around captain america. That is not easy. I'm only using it to show how hard it is to hit matt even when he is holding back. So even if we assume he was holding back in the punisher fight we can still say that tagging murdock is not easy if he is going full out or not.

Well, Wesker is just a tad bit harder to hit than Daredevil. :P

Besides, punch for punch Frank only landed 3 hits on Matt, and one of them was by catching Matt off guard, and even then it didn't seem to have much of an effect (the first hit in the first scan)

I agree wesker is harder to hit but I'm just saying even if someone is holding back its not like they become an easy target. Daredevil was trying to avoid getting hit and considering his reaction feats he is very good at that. But despite that frank still hit him.

Sure 1 hit is a cheap shot but even so daredevils radar sense should still be able to detect punishers arm moving in for a punch so catching daredevil off guard isn't that simple. It does take a pretty fast punch. The punch lasted long enough for frank to get up which I'm guessing was what it was meant to do.

I'm sorry, the art was the same in both so I figured it was the same fight.

Anyway, I don't see why Frank would hold back in that fight. Sure Mark said he was, but Mark isn't Frank. All Punisher was interested in doing was getting Moon Knight out of the way so he could focus on his real target.

No problem I should have probably separated those scans.

its been stated a number of times that frank holds back against heros. On the previous page god_spawn uploaded scans of daredevil stating that frank is pulling his shots. When daredevil started leaning back and left himself vulnerable to get shot frank put his gun away and said that they would make a truce. So he was probably holding back because frank was a hero. Sure moon knight isn't frank but the writer does use these characters to communicate to the reader.

We don't know his specific style, but Umbrella Chronicles states he was trained in several different types of martial arts.

I never denied Frank was the superior fighter, just that Chris could keep up and let his superior physical ability pick up the slack.

Fair enough. I suppose the skill gap is closer then I thought but still I say punisher has a very large advantage here. He has better hand to hand feats and we know he knows stuff like pressure points and how to break peoples arm. Whats stopping him from hitting chris with a pressure point staggering him long enough to snap his arm?

Chris is capable of dodging Wesker's strikes, and even a bullet. Not to mention his combo move takes quite a toll on Albert, who in turn tanks RPGs, explosions, and having 10 tons of steel girders fall onto his head from several stories up. Honestly if Chris can execute said combo on Frank, it very well might be the turning point in this match.

Well the main problem with using game play mechanics is you can change the difficultly and make it easier or harder. Not to mention in the actual cut scenes and story chris can't even react to wesker. Also isn't that a training mode and not a serious boss fight?

That's a hunter.

Standing at about 5 feet tall, these creatures were genetically engineered by Umbrella to be one-man killing machines, with razor sharp claws and teeth to match, one shot would be more than enough to finish off any human.

Created by combining a fertalized human egg with reptilian DNA, these guys have strength, speed, and agility proportionate to such.

Chris killed one of these guys during the Mansion Incident with his bare hands. And remember, Chris didn't get buff until RE5. His skill alone was sufficient to end this guy.

The scans you've provided actually made me second guess myself, but in the end, I'm sure Chris can take Frank Castle. Round 1 for sure, and I'd even give him a shot in round 2. Chris is after all, an award winning marksmen. He has a shelf full of trophy's on display in the S.T.A.R.S. office.

This is a impressive feat defiantly but there is a difference between fighting an animal and another human. Frank is a tactical being who has a pretty sharp mind. Its a good feat in comparing chris to a physically better foe but one who is skilled and smart as well? It could a different fight...So all though its a very good feat I still don't think its enough to beat the punisher.

As for round 2...

Those feats aren't bad but I can match them with punisher. As I mentioned above it has been stated that frank when fighting other heros usually pulls his shots. But when he does have an excuse to hit them he usually does. Its pretty much what God_spawn said in his comment. Frank has been able to shoot spider-man, his web-shooters and daredevil before. I think daredevil is a harder target to hit then the cerberus dog due to his agility, and I have heard on this site that spider-man is wesker level in speed and chris from what i have seen cannot react to wesker. And well punisher has shot the web shooters off of spider-man...That is extreme skill and precision.

I will upload durability showings which includes getting hit by sentry (ok fine he is holding back but look at how far frank gets sent flying?! He even bounces off the ground and he was hit through a wall. Sentry hit him pretty hard and he is still standing I would say this is at least as impressive as taking hits from wesker since much like wesker sentry is also toying with punisher), Him taking hits from a bloodlusted spider-man then falling from a building and getting hit by a car, The I will post the scan of punisher shooting spider-mans web shooters, tagging someone who was moving at mach 2, shooting daredevil (important to note he only did it because he was using tranqs), and shooting spider-man. I defiantly say frank is the better shot.

#45 Posted by jashro44 (19812 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Thank you and I defiantly agree with your post.

#46 Posted by Floopay (8626 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

I'd go with Punisher round 1. He has gone so far as to tag Spiderman in a physical confrontation, he has gotten the jump on both Captain America and Bucky I believe, fought pretty dang well with Daken, beaten Daredevil in a physical confrontation (and Daredevil put him down once as well), beaten Bullseye in a fist fight, and I there are several others. Physically speaking, they are about the same in terms of strength, I don't think that's much of a question. Chris is younger and in peak physical condition, so that gives him a speed/agility advantage. Castle takes this in terms of durability, training, and experience though. He may be older and slower, but his training and durability can easily fill that gap.

Castle: 6/10

Redfield: 4/10

As for round 2, I don't think we really need to discuss this one. Lets face it, they are both expert marksman. In a straight up gun fight, both ready to shoot, it's 50/50, whoever pulls the trigger first is good enough of a shot to get the win. If it's at distance with cover, Franks greater experience and equal marksmanship should grant him the win. If it's a tracking contest and they are hunting one another, again, I'm going with Castle due to superior experience. Both are about equal in terms of marksmanship, but Frank has more experience.

Frank: 5.5/10

Redfield: 4.5/10

Round 3 for me goes to Castle again. This is mainly due to his pain tolerance, and pretty much the same reasons as their hand to hand fight. By no means is this a stomp, but where Chris has speed and agility, Castle has durability and experience. And to me, Redfield speed doesn't surpass Frank's reflexes. It'll be a close match, but in the end I gotta go with Frank.

Frank: 6/10

Redfield: 4/10

Overall: Experience is what wins this for me. Frank has an extra decade or more on Redfield, and he's never gotten behind on practice, exercise, and training. In the end, Chris has youth and agility on his side, and that'll help him pull through a decent portion of the time. If Castle were out of the game and behind on his training, then Chris could easily take this for every reason stated in these threads. However, that's not the case, Castle may be an older guy, but he's in top shape for his age, and his reflexes are honed as best they can, add in the extra decades of experience and he should be more than competent enough to take this.

Frank: 17.5 / 30

Chris: 12.5 / 30

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#47 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank.

#48 Posted by nickzambuto (12996 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto:

Ehh, not so sure about the Deadpool scan. I mean, Frank survived, but that's pretty much it. The fall had him pretty much crippled while Wade just wailed on him, and if it weren't for the guy saving him, Deadpool would of killed him. He got up sure, but just barely.

An average human would not have survived a fall like that. He landed on a car and it was completely flattened. Sure deadpool was beating on him but is a much deadpool is a better hand to hand fighter then either chris or punisher so thats probably why. Not to mention his healing factor makes him more durable then either so he was probably a lot less impacted not to mention he also had punisher to cooshin his fall. I should note thats not where the fight ends. They actually fight for a few more pages. I can upload the rest if you need it but not much really happens. Also frank was stabbed by deadpool there so that can also add in to the pain tolereance. The fact he was able to take a beating from deadpool and remain conscious just adds to the feat imo.

The Spider-Man punch actually is impressive, getting launched so high, but for all we know he could of come back down KO'd, or at the very least, in similar shape to the Deadpool fight. In any case, it's nothing Chris hasn't dealt with before.

Well these is another time that Frank has been punched by a blood lusted spider-man who stated he wasn't holding back at all. He then was thrown a few feat in the air and survived the fall and then got hit by a car.

One shotting that bull is likewise pretty impressive, but as we can see, that board had nails sticking out of it, so I would think that contributed in some way. Still, you've proven Punisher is stronger than I initially thought; but Chris does beats him in that department.

Well yes there are nails in the board but there are no wholes in the bull so I doubt the nails impaled the bull. And any strength advantage chris knows is balanced out by punishers technical knowledge. He will be aiming for the vital points on chris body. What hurts more a punch to the abs or a punch to the neck? Frank may not hit the neck exactly but he will target weak points like that.

And those guys had to be the two most pitiful hitmen I've ever seen. "OH MAN! OH MAN! I'M OUTTA HERE! OH GOD! GET OUTTA MAH WAY! OH MAN! "AAAAHHHHH" :P

LOL thats because they knew what was coming.

Exactly, he was using nerve strikes to try and incacipitate Punisher. He didn't want to KO him the old fashion way.

Daredevil was still trying to win and he couldn't end it (despite having an upper hand). Even though frank was getting owned this is daredevil we are talking about. He is perhaps one of the best fighters in the marvel universe and he is one of the hardest street levelers to tag. Tagging him is not an easy task even if he is holding back. I doubt daredevil was trying to get hit.

That wasn't much of a fight. DD was just avoiding all of Cap's hits while he tried to explain to him what happened. All his focus was placed on dodging and running, unless I'm mistaked Matt barely laid a single hit on Steve.

Well yea you are right matt did not land a blow on steve however that wasn't his intention. His focus was on talking steve down. He wasn't really all that focused on fighting and steve rogers still had a hard time hitting him. Daredevils own avoidance made it hard for steve and punisher was still able to tag someone who was dancing around captain america. That is not easy. I'm only using it to show how hard it is to hit matt even when he is holding back. So even if we assume he was holding back in the punisher fight we can still say that tagging murdock is not easy if he is going full out or not.

Well, Wesker is just a tad bit harder to hit than Daredevil. :P

Besides, punch for punch Frank only landed 3 hits on Matt, and one of them was by catching Matt off guard, and even then it didn't seem to have much of an effect (the first hit in the first scan)

I agree wesker is harder to hit but I'm just saying even if someone is holding back its not like they become an easy target. Daredevil was trying to avoid getting hit and considering his reaction feats he is very good at that. But despite that frank still hit him.

Sure 1 hit is a cheap shot but even so daredevils radar sense should still be able to detect punishers arm moving in for a punch so catching daredevil off guard isn't that simple. It does take a pretty fast punch. The punch lasted long enough for frank to get up which I'm guessing was what it was meant to do.

I'm sorry, the art was the same in both so I figured it was the same fight.

Anyway, I don't see why Frank would hold back in that fight. Sure Mark said he was, but Mark isn't Frank. All Punisher was interested in doing was getting Moon Knight out of the way so he could focus on his real target.

No problem I should have probably separated those scans.

its been stated a number of times that frank holds back against heros. On the previous page god_spawn uploaded scans of daredevil stating that frank is pulling his shots. When daredevil started leaning back and left himself vulnerable to get shot frank put his gun away and said that they would make a truce. So he was probably holding back because frank was a hero. Sure moon knight isn't frank but the writer does use these characters to communicate to the reader.

We don't know his specific style, but Umbrella Chronicles states he was trained in several different types of martial arts.

I never denied Frank was the superior fighter, just that Chris could keep up and let his superior physical ability pick up the slack.

Fair enough. I suppose the skill gap is closer then I thought but still I say punisher has a very large advantage here. He has better hand to hand feats and we know he knows stuff like pressure points and how to break peoples arm. Whats stopping him from hitting chris with a pressure point staggering him long enough to snap his arm?

Chris is capable of dodging Wesker's strikes, and even a bullet. Not to mention his combo move takes quite a toll on Albert, who in turn tanks RPGs, explosions, and having 10 tons of steel girders fall onto his head from several stories up. Honestly if Chris can execute said combo on Frank, it very well might be the turning point in this match.

Well the main problem with using game play mechanics is you can change the difficultly and make it easier or harder. Not to mention in the actual cut scenes and story chris can't even react to wesker. Also isn't that a training mode and not a serious boss fight?

That's a hunter.

Standing at about 5 feet tall, these creatures were genetically engineered by Umbrella to be one-man killing machines, with razor sharp claws and teeth to match, one shot would be more than enough to finish off any human.

Created by combining a fertalized human egg with reptilian DNA, these guys have strength, speed, and agility proportionate to such.

Chris killed one of these guys during the Mansion Incident with his bare hands. And remember, Chris didn't get buff until RE5. His skill alone was sufficient to end this guy.

The scans you've provided actually made me second guess myself, but in the end, I'm sure Chris can take Frank Castle. Round 1 for sure, and I'd even give him a shot in round 2. Chris is after all, an award winning marksmen. He has a shelf full of trophy's on display in the S.T.A.R.S. office.

This is a impressive feat defiantly but there is a difference between fighting an animal and another human. Frank is a tactical being who has a pretty sharp mind. Its a good feat in comparing chris to a physically better foe but one who is skilled and smart as well? It could a different fight...So all though its a very good feat I still don't think its enough to beat the punisher.

As for round 2...

Those feats aren't bad but I can match them with punisher. As I mentioned above it has been stated that frank when fighting other heros usually pulls his shots. But when he does have an excuse to hit them he usually does. Its pretty much what God_spawn said in his comment. Frank has been able to shoot spider-man, his web-shooters and daredevil before. I think daredevil is a harder target to hit then the cerberus dog due to his agility, and I have heard on this site that spider-man is wesker level in speed and chris from what i have seen cannot react to wesker. And well punisher has shot the web shooters off of spider-man...That is extreme skill and precision.

I will upload durability showings which includes getting hit by sentry (ok fine he is holding back but look at how far frank gets sent flying?! He even bounces off the ground and he was hit through a wall. Sentry hit him pretty hard and he is still standing I would say this is at least as impressive as taking hits from wesker since much like wesker sentry is also toying with punisher), Him taking hits from a bloodlusted spider-man then falling from a building and getting hit by a car, The I will post the scan of punisher shooting spider-mans web shooters, tagging someone who was moving at mach 2, shooting daredevil (important to note he only did it because he was using tranqs), and shooting spider-man. I defiantly say frank is the better shot.

I just want you to know, a tourney has recently started up, and I picked Punisher as one of my guys because of the scans you've posted.

Now, I just want to say, that I still think Chris wins round 1.

A full force punch from Punisher, though he manages to tag, does next to no damage to Daredevil. He goes "oof", but that's about it. I maintain that Chris is far superior to Frank in most physical aspects, and judging by the trailers, gameplay demos, and developer interviews, Resident Evil 6 appears to have a lot of cool set pieces that I'm sure will give Chris more than enough feats to take this. But, until the game actually comes out, I can't bring anything in particular up, because like I said, I hate counting trailer feats. But you can be damn sure that after I play RE6, this thread is getting a bump.

Online
#49 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

If we are using Chris from the comics...he wins.

Moderator Online