Punisher (MAX) vs The Comedian (Before Watchmen)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

No Caption Provided

Combatants:

No Caption Provided

VS

No Caption Provided

Rules:

- Morals on

- Both have been tasked with killing the other

- Punisher is his MAX incarnation (and all other tie-ins, such as Born)

- Blake is at his Before Watchmen state (Vietnam War era, essentially)

- Both combatants have an assault rifle, shotgun, pistol and combat knife

- Fight to the death

- Combatants start 30 metres apart

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here, he clears a garage full of gangsters. It's worth noting he's strong enough to throw a guy with one hand over a railing and showed some decent agility and accuracy:

Wipes out a squad of VC, showing decent speed and some CQC skill:

Fighting as an equal to Ozy (who noted the fight would end in a stalemate, hence why he stopped it):

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bump...though I have not read Punisher Max nor have I read Before Watchmen with Comedian, so I cannot really comment...

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Feats for Punisher (MAX)?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Frank, even his max version has fought expert martial artists, cheats and has crazy durability.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ComicStooge

Feats for Punisher (MAX)?

He's quite accurate:

And experienced in jungle warfare, thanks to his 3 tours in Vietnam:

No Caption Provided

An already exhausted and heavily injured Frank gave Barracuda a tough fight ('Cuda was an ex-CIA, blacks ops fellow with some crazy strength and pain tolerance):

Vs a master martial artist. He loses at first, but then gets up and rips the man's leg off.

He's got a lot other feats too, but these are some.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comedian can go toe to toe with Ozzy who has caught a bullet before and has much faster reflexes than Punisher. I'm not saying it will be easy but I think Comedian can take it 7/10.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Comedian can go toe to toe with Ozzy who has caught a bullet before and has much faster reflexes than Punisher. I'm not saying it will be easy but I think Comedian can take it 7/10.

Horrible logic. And not even correct. Comedian stalemated a young Ozymandias who was only testing him. And Punisher has dodge bullets point blank and landed shots on Spider-Man. Comedian doesn't even have aim dodging feats from what I can tell. In those scans the fodder are out right missing him.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Lol easy there big guy. Notice I didn't say I was sure about it, it's just what I thought based on what I know about Comedian.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bannyhaha said:

Horrible logic. And not even correct. Comedian stalemated a young Ozymandias who was only testing him. And Punisher has dodge bullets point blank and landed shots on Spider-Man. Comedian doesn't even have aim dodging feats from what I can tell. In those scans the fodder are out right missing him.

Now this also incorrect since we're talking about the max version.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bannyhaha: Sorry. I just hate Ozy wank on this sight. I do think Comedian is a good fighter, but he is simply not that great. Everything he has done (from what I have seen) is stuff a real life military guy could probably do. Also I should add Ozy only caught a bullet once, and he didn't pluck it out of the air, he simply blocked its path. And he wasn't even sure he could do so. Also as I said he was less skilled and holding back in his fight with the Comedian.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@bannyhaha said:

Now this also incorrect since we're talking about the max version.

Is MAX a different universe? I just assumed it was a title that could get away with more violence but still be canon?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dimitridkatsis
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: well punisher really isn't my specialty, and I am more a DC guy in general. But yeah, guess I should have looked into it.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bannyhaha said:

Not MAX.

He only did this after he had prep to study Spiderman's movements anyway.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another sweet feat, where he takes out a skilled mob hitman with ridiculous endurance. He gets one of his ribs blown out by the shotgun and shanked repeatedly:

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Great fight, I think Punisher takes it.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way I see it: Comedian has greater skill, agility and speed, while Frank's edges lie in accuracy, tactical skill and pain tolerance. Strength is likely equal.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keenko said:

Great fight, I think Punisher takes it.

Thanks, bro!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@comicstooge: I will revisit this thread and other MAX threads when I get done buying all the HC's. But for now I'd say this is a great fight. One I see Frank winning due to sheer durability and pain tolerance.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I will revisit this thread and other MAX threads when I get done buying all the HC's. But for now I'd say this is a great fight. One I see Frank winning due to sheer durability and pain tolerance.

Sweet.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are you going with your reading?

lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Punisher

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukas12 said:

Punisher

Hmmm, might I ask why?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

I'm getting the next MAX HC next month. Could probably max out and get them all with birthday money too. Been reading more 616 Punisher recently.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

I'm getting the next MAX HC next month. Could probably max out and get them all with birthday money too. Been reading more 616 Punisher recently.

Have you read the 80's stuff like Circle of Blood?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Envy you, you are in for a treat, how far you read?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: Just up to issue 12 so far. It's one of the best comic runs I've ever read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

Nope. Would you recommend it?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords best is yet to come, Ennis really knows how to write Punisher don't forget to read Born and the second volume by Aaron was also very good.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Good, classic Punisher stuff.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

Oh yeah, not as gory as the more recent stuff but it starts with Frank in jail and he's kicking ass

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I'll take Comedian, being compared to Ozzie, impressive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

@comicstooge said:

@i_like_swords said:

Oh yeah, not as gory as the more recent stuff but it starts with Frank in jail and he's kicking ass

Seeing Frank in a prison environment would be something. Need to check this out.

@i_like_swords best is yet to come, Ennis really knows how to write Punisher don't forget to read Born and the second volume by Aaron was also very good.

Oh yeah Born looks awesome. I've heard good things about Aaron's run too. I'll let you guys know in a months time what I've read.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

How so? Ozy let him win. Not to mention Ozy really isn't as good as people like to believe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

How so? Ozy let him win. Not to mention Ozy really isn't as good as people like to believe.

Caught a bullet

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@lukehero said:

Caught a bullet

Blocked a bullet. His hands were already in front of the gun before the shot was fired. And he had time to prepare cause Silk Spectre called his name out like an idiot, when she should have just shot him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@lukehero said:

Caught a bullet

Blocked a bullet. His hands were already in front of the gun before the shot was fired. And he had time to prepare cause Silk Spectre called his name out like an idiot, when she should have just shot him.

Still caught a bullet

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@lukehero said:

Caught a bullet

Still caught a bullet

Doesn't mean he can dodge accurate gun fire.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@allstarsuperman: Catching a bullet is undoubtedly superhuman given you not only have to react to it but stop it's mommentum. It's far superior to dodging bullets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@i_like_swords said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@lukehero sid:

Caught a bullet

Still caught a bullet

Doesn't mean he can dodge accurate gun fire.

He could just catch it

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@frozen: He didn't catch it. He blocked it. His hands were already in front of the gun before Laurie fired. Catching it would be like plucking it out of the air (like in the movie), but comic Ozymandias did no such thing. As far as I know he isn't really that fast. His whole "think so fast that time stands still" is nothing special, and its not even accurate given that the fodder gunmen he took on were jobbing, the leader even says "What are you waiting for!? Take him down!"

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh catching a bullet doesn't correlate to martial skill. lol

Avatar image for spiderfan130666
SpiderFan130666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: Horrible logic. And not even correct. Comedian stalemated a young Ozymandias who was only testing him. And Punisher has dodge bullets point blank and landed shots on Spider-Man. Comedian doesn't even have aim dodging feats from what I can tell. In those scans the fodder are out right missing him.

No, not horrible. Ozzy did not "test" him, he fought to the best of his ability and he lost. His ego, however, did not permit him to admit this to anyone, least of all himself. He'd like to believe he let the Comedian win, just as a way of cushioning the humiliation of defeat.

Comedian can take Punisher.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not horrible. Ozzy did not "test" him, he fought to the best of his ability and he lost. His ego, however, did not permit him to admit this to anyone, least of all himself. He'd like to believe he let the Comedian win, just as a way of cushioning the humiliation of defeat.

What humiliating defeat?. When they fought, they were pretty much dead even and while Ozy was holding back, as per his own admission, Blake was bloodlusted and was fighting to kill. So its only logical that he wasn't fighting to the best of his ability at all, while Eddie was. The fight was inconclusive and both men walked away without any serious injuries.

Comedian can take Punisher.

Make a case.