Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

VERSUS  

Fight starts 10 meters apart. 
Morals are on. 
Fight to KO or death. 
Fight takes place inside an empty Olympic swimming pool. 
Who wins? Give reasons please.
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By PowerHerc

Puck is a cool character and one tough hombre, but I can't see him defeating Batroc.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Here's a little respect for Puck for those who may not know too much about him; 

Puck is a long-time member of the Canadian super-team, Alpha Flight. Originally Puck was over 6’ tall and born in the early 1900’s. However, due to his dealings with Razar he was reduced to a 3’6” dwarf and became ageless. For a period he was returned to his original height, but the Master compacted his body back to dwarfish size but making his body akin to compressed rubber.  

OK... so right there (Marvel X-Men encyclopedia Volume 2), is body is akin to compressed rubber. He can take the hits. Also, his strength is not peak human, but superhuman. Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Master Edition, has this to say; 

His fighting skills are level 6. Very respectable. And very much on a par with Batroc.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Green Skin

I'm going with Puck.  He's got enhance toughness and strength and he's plenty agile to hang with Batroc.  Not to mention that Batroc got punked by Misty Knight of all people, so that put a dent in  his rep IMO.

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

BUMP
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Billdevil

I'll go with Puck but did they power him down between hand books? 

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karrob

Puck

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Billdevil said:
I'll go with Puck but did they power him down between hand books? 

Actually, they powered him up. On paper, his stats read similar to Spiderman's believe it or not. The more I read up on modern 616 Puck, the more I fear I may have set up a Spite match here... 
Billdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Billdevil
@Super_SoldierXII:  It looks like his strength went from class 10 to peak human? 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By progenitorigin

I don't see Puck being able to take down Batroc, especially with how powerful Batroc's legs have become during his own personal training, which has been shown to be one of the best Marvel H2H combatants.  His leaping ability, kicks, and overall martial arts are in the league with that of both Captain America's.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@progenitor said:

I don't see Puck being able to take down Batroc, especially with how powerful Batroc's legs have become during his own personal training, which has been shown to be one of the best Marvel H2H combatants.  His leaping ability, kicks, and overall martial arts are in the league with that of both Captain America's.

Batroc gets owned by CA regularily.  

He isn't on CA's level at all IMO.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Billdevil said:

@Super_SoldierXII
It looks like his strength went from class 10 to peak
human? 

Think I guffed in the order of things. He went up from peak human.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By progenitorigin
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@progenitor said:

Batroc gets owned by CA regularily.  

He isn't on CA's level at all IMO.

Batroc stalemated Bucky as Captain America during the Man With No Face arc, and aside from Bucky now being at Steve's league of combat, Bucky himself even said he'd heard of Batroc causing Steve trouble.  Yeah, Steve defeats Batroc, but that doesn't change that the conditioning and skills of Batroc are up there with him.  You have to remember, not only does Cap have Erskine's serum to his advantage, but also has leagues of combat experience over him.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@progenitor
Good points. But the serum is mostly why I state he isn't in CA's league. For every good shoing, he has three bad.  
And Puck is superhuman in the stat department (though lacking in impressive feats). I don't know ... it's a tough one to call for me too. Trying to get a read on Viner's interpretation as to where the lil guy sits in the badassery department here...
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By progenitorigin
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@progenitor: Good points. But the serum is mostly why I state he isn't in CA's league. For every good shoing, he has three bad.  And Puck is superhuman in the stat department (though lacking in impressive feats). I don't know ... it's a tough one to call for me too. Trying to get a read on Viner's interpretation as to where the lil guy sits in the badassery department here...

Yeah, I get you.  Personally, i've got mad respect for Puck, I think he's underrated and underused in this forum, but, I guess the same can be said for other good characters, too.