PT Jedi Council vs. Swordswomen (Anime/Manga)

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By reikai
The Jedi High Council as we know them (Before Sid had most of'em killed off or died during the Clone Wars). They will fight a team of swordswomen drawn from various corners of the Anime/Manga omniverse. This battle will take place on the dusky badlands of Ryloth. And for the sake of argument, their powers will work in this universe. Now, allow me to introduce our contenders.

Clare (Claymore)
"Jubei" Akane Yagyu (Onimusha)
Umi Ryuuzaki (Rayearth). Mashin is not permitted for this.
Honoka (The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye)
Takeru (Witchblade Manga)
Aya Natsume (Tenjou Tenge Manga)
Saber (Fate/Zero)
Jubei-chan (Jubei-chan and the Lovely Eyepatch)
The purpose of this is quite simple. There is no preparation involved. Each team works to defeat the other by any means necessary. A contest of power and skill with a blade.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi Council wins

Avatar image for deathstrokesrevenge
Deathstrokesrevenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jedi council wins they are great swordsman and have the added advantage of the force and they could also cut through the other's blades

morgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at the diversity present amongst the swordswomen I give them the win

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, account is working again. And I see a lot of posts on this thread (and some others) are gone. Strange. A lotta things must've been lost during the upgrade and updates. Ah well, long as we're still here.

Well, as I had explained before. These girls have weapons ranging from magic to ki empowered so lightsabers can't cut through them (their weapons at least), so in that respect dueling will actually be about skill and speed over the disproven theory of "lightsabers can cut through anything!" (we know they can't)

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

BUMP

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

Jedi Council wins

obvious answer is obvious

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Just because something is thought to be "obvious" for others, doesn't make it correct.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't really look that obvious to me..

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: @xxgin: @princearagorn1: A lot of people don't know anything outside of comics or star wars, so to them the "obvious" answer who wins is the one side they know about, and tend not to research the other team.

Anime/Manga figures tend to have more quantifiable feats than other genres do.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By XxGin

@reikai said:

@bossmonster: @xxgin: @princearagorn1: A lot of people don't know anything outside of comics or star wars, so to them the "obvious" answer who wins is the one side they know about, and tend not to research the other team.

Another mind made up thread to bring comics down?.. Sad

So why did you make this thread if you knew this was clearly one sided?

Making one sided battles are not going to earn animes any respect at all. I think we all know which is stronger in general..

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin: This was made almost 5mo ago. Do keep up. I didn't even bump it. And this was a test for the SW figures to make quantifiable arguments instead of the same braindead "Jedi win derplol" as was usual for them.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

@reikai said:

Another mind made up thread to bring comics down?.. Sad

So why did you make this thread if you knew this was clearly one sided?

Making one sided battles are not going to earn animes any respect at all. I think we all know which is stronger in general..

...he didn't say it was one sided.. He says people are only familiar with one side come in and say it's obvious, without actually having read/watched the source material.. Earning respect? why'd anyone bother about opinions of a few geeks lol. Whether to respect or not people can see and decide for themselves.

Well, it's reikai's Job to clear what he meant anyway, I'm just replying as I was tagged.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XxGin

@reikai said:

@xxgin: This was made almost 5mo ago. Do keep up. I didn't even bump it. And this was a test for the SW figures to make quantifiable arguments instead of the same braindead "Jedi win derplol" as was usual for them.

You calling me braindead?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Well if I wanted to make a one-sided stomp, I'd have put them against guys who slice planets or wipe solar systems with sword swipes as opposed to ground-level figures.

Such as, could've used Michael from the BASTARD!! manga series, and with her sword she is capable of creating an attack with the same force as a super-nova. And she's an FTL'er.

Of this team, Honoka and Saber have the two biggest attacks of the whole team, but aren't the fastest. Umi Ryuuzaki has both offensive and defensive magic, but she is the slowest member, yet may be one of the most difficult to injure because of her magical armor.

Akane is swifter than Umi and quite fast, aided by her Demon Eye which can slow down time for everyone else around her, and she has special techniques, one of which strikes a target six time simultaneously. Jubei-Chan has no energy attacks, but can create pressure and wind strikes with the force of her sword swing.

Clare has no ranged attacks that don't involve extending her arms if only because, in this case, there is no yoki for her to lock onto. Aya Natsume is quite fast, though not as much as the likes of Clare or Saber. However with her Ryuugan she can perceive attacks before they are used by looking through time, essentially a form of precognition, which enables her to "see" things all around her, including through walls and the like.

Takeru is tough thanks to the Witchblade and is quick enough to run on open water to reach naval ships and enough power to cleave through them while she was being overtaken by the Witchblade.

All the people I chose are not in the same level of speed, skill, or power. They are on different levels, but not so far apart. And none of them are so overly powerful that they could just one-shot the other team. Though it is possible for Honoka or Saber to do just that, however such a move would require time to build enough energy for that purpose, which is something they wouldn't be given in a close melee conflict.

For instance, Honoka is capable of building enough ki and releasing it through a quickdraw technique that created a wave powerful enough to wipe out an army of a million auto-enforcers and tanks (essentially droids and hovertanks). This didn't seem to drain her strength that much, however it took her almost a full minute to gather the energy for it. Given that, it's impractical to attempt its use in a fast paced battle.

It'd be like Goku trying to whip up a Spirit Bomb with Vegeta standing right in front of him and hoping he doesn't get caught. Only reason Honoka got away with doing this, was because Joganki (the figure who was giving the orders to the auto-enforcer army) had no real intentions of killing Honoka, wanting instead to just drive her off from the area (though he knew she wouldn't back down).

So, while it is possible for certain members on the Anime/Manga team to unleash a wide-area attack on the Jedi, it can't be done without the Jedi just standing there, loafing around and letting it happen. And since we know they won't do that, it's extremely unlikely that Honoka or Saber would be given the chance to use such big attacks. All it can say about them here is that they have a lot of energy inside them and that will go towards stamina and smaller, more directed attacks.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Clare solo

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Er.. I meant explain it to him, not to me. I already said it wasn't one sided :p

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: I know, but I was on a roll and didn't feel like stopping.

@xxgin said:

You calling me braindead?

I was referring to the manner in which most argued for Star Wars. And I have made full reason why this was not made a one-sided stomp.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clare fights at like Mach 10.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Faster actually. There have been some distance calculations of travel that put them and other Awakened Beings above that. And Saber in Fate/Zero is estimated around Mach 12 or so and can use Prana Boost to accelerate her Movement speed.

Honoka is super-sonic, but her sensing abilities through her Blue Astral Eye have enabled her to evade and deflect laser fire. And it is one of the most useful scenes, actually, for dismissing people as lightspeeders for doing the same thing and having people claim they are that fast when previously they weren't anything close. And it is something explained by the Narrator, and not the cast members.

Loading Video...