Psylocke's X-Force runs the Gauntlet

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Roddy010

In anticipation for the upcoming issue let's see how this team will do in this gauntlet.

Psylocke, Storm, Spiral, Lady Fantomex, Puck
Psylocke, Storm, Spiral, Lady Fantomex, Puck

Round 1: Femme Fatale

Knockout - Has superhuman strength and endurance. Cybernetic parts of her costume suggest that her already advanced strength is augmented when needed and also provides body armor. She is also the master of the team. Bloodlust - Possesses superhuman senses, speed, agility, durability, healing factor and razor sharp claws and fangs. Mindblast) - Telekinetic Whiplash - Has three built-in retractable whips that release from each of her wrists.

Round 2:Alliance of Evil

Frenzy a super-strong mutant with steel-hard skin and resistance to temperature extremes. Tower - a mutant with the ability to increase his size and strength. Stinger - a young valley girl with electricity control. Timeshadow - who has the mutant power to phase into time, allowing himself to teleport in a way, or appear to be in several places at once.

Round 3:The Nasty Boys

Gorgeous George (George Blair), a mutant whose body is composed of an unspecified semi-solid, tar-like substance. Hairbag (Michael Suggs) possesses superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, hyper-keen senses, and resistance to injury. Ramrod (Patrick Mahony) can psionically control wood and plants. Ruckus (Clement Wilson) possesses the mutant power to absorb ambient sounds, amplify them in his body and scream them back with great force. Slab (Kris Anderson), able to increase his size and thereby boost his strength and durability.

Round 4: Dark X-men

Black Queen- Telepath/Diamond Form
Cloak- Teleportation/intangibility
Dagger-Psionic light daggers
Dark Beast-Superhuman/Intellect
Mimic-selfexplanitory
Mystique-shapeshifter
Namor the Sub-Mariner-Superstrength/Durability/Speed
Wolverine-healing factor/adamantium claws

Round 5: Marauders

Arclight: A super-strong mutant, her mutation allows her to release shockwaves

Blockbuster: A superhumanly strong mutant

Harpoon: A young Inuit who can charge objects with bio-energy for various effects.

Malice: an incorporeal psychic being that possesses others

Mister Sinister: Leader of the Marauders.

Prism: crystaline body, which can deflect/reflect most forms of energy attacks, but not physical impact.

Riptide: can spin his body at superhuman speeds and fling out shurikens for amazing amounts of damage.

Sabretooth: The longtime enemy of Wolverine.

Scalphunter: capable of "technomorphing" (altering the configuration of any technological device), a power he uses to create a number of weapons from his battle armor. He also has incredible regenerative powers.

Scrambler: can manipulate powers and systems, whether they be biogenetic, electromagnetic, or even technomechanical

Vertigo: A mutate who can psionically induce a sensation of vertigo in others.

Rules:

• Win by incapitation, KO or death
  • Moarals are on for the Psylocke's team
  • They start 50 ft away in each round.
  • The team get's 30 minutes rest each round
  • Battlefield: An abandoned small town
  • Standard equipment for all teams
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010: Nice :-). What version of Sinister is being used here? The one with the clones and TP? Or the one that was last with the Marauders (before Raven "killed" him) with the classic Sinister powers (TP, energy blasts, super human strength, and malleable form)?

Spiral's magic and teleporation will definitely make her the UXf MVP in this match.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Roddy010

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Roddy010: Nice :-). What version of Sinister is being used here? The one with the clones and TP? Or the one that was last with the Marauders (before Raven "killed" him) with the classic Sinister powers (TP, energy blasts, super human strength, and malleable form)?

Spiral's magic and teleporation will definitely make her the UXf MVP in this match.

This version of Sinister and yes Spiral is a beast lol.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Roddy010: Thanks. I think the team can clear it with some likely casualties. I can see the biggest difficulties in rounds 4 and 5 (Mimic, Cloak, Namor, and Sinister mainly). It'll be interesting to read other opinions on this one.

Spiral's magic (i.e. - to depower superhuman abilities) and teleporation, Psylocke's TP and Storm's AOE elemental attacks alone will make short work of rounds 1-3. Thinking this through a bit more, adding in Cluster's, who's powers are still not yet revealed, misdirection would make this a pretty bad beat down, even rounds 4 and 5. I don't think anyone here has a defense to Spiral's magic or Cluster's misdirection (if she has it). Classic Sinister will be the most difficult opponent in round 5. He has telepathically defeated Psylocke in the past, his malleable form can handle the physical damage from Storm, Puck or Cluster, and it took Cyclop's full optic blasts to deal with him before (or Hope in the subsequent encounter). I think only Spiral's magic can be his down fall here.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Roddy010

just realized how unorganized that post was lol God I hate when it does that.

@THUNDERBOLT30: Thanks for your input I tried to make the battles as less one sided as possible. I was thinking of limiting the team's abilities so that it isn't as much of a stomp but i have to agree Sinister will be one tough cookie for the team to crumble.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Veitha

They stop at 4