Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos

Psylocke vs. Julia Carpenter 
-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation. 
-Morals off. 

Story

-Psylocke has set out to find another femme fatale to battle with, when she hears of Julia, she becomes very interested for the fact that she utilizes psi-based weaponry (webs) as she does. Psylocke begins to track her down & finds Julia. 

Battle

-No Prep. 
-No BFR.    
-No Telepathy.  
-Telekinesis is allowed, but only to augment Psylocke's physical attributes (strength, speed etc) 

Gear 

-Psylocke has her psi-kitana. 

Arena

-Both start on opposite sides of the ship. 

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.

id give her the TK, but then most comments would just be "psylocke crushes arachne" etc. but i see what your saying. not sure how i'd make this even without one side having more against the other.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

id give her the TK, but then most comments would just be "psylocke crushes arachne" etc. but i see what your saying. not sure how i'd make this even without one side having more against the other.

Good point on the crushing. Maybe if you could limit her TK to physical augmentation only (can't use it to effect anything else but her strength and speed and to maintain her psi-kitanas), and put her TK at her pre x-force levels, which was strong but not as powerful as when she first got resurrected in uncanny.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Good point on the crushing. Maybe if you could limit her TK to physical augmentation only (can't use it to effect anything else but her strength and speed and to maintain her psi-kitanas), and put her TK at her pre x-force levels, which was strong but not as powerful as when she first got resurrected in uncanny.

copy & paste lol, thank you bolt :) 
but with that being said, how would the battle turn out now?
BringnIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BringnIt

You could give her the TK powers and make Carpenter the current Madame Web incarnation.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By nefarious

What are Julia's feats as far as being popular enemies?

demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By demifiend

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phylos
@demifiend said:

lol i dont know who that is.
demifiend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By demifiend

its you, i took that photo when i saw you in the road.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By difficlus

@demifiend said:

its you, i took that photo when i saw you in the road.

lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos said:

@demifiend said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
lol i dont know who that is.

Nice pics.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Phylos: I see a shot for both now. Julia's psi-webs are still strong and she could possibly ensnare Betsy from a distance. And if it comes doen to h2h, Psylocke is the better fighter but Julia is no pushover in h2h, and if she can land some solid hits she can do damage and possibly KO. She would need to be quick though to evade Psylockes strikes, and I think her superhuman reflexes can help there.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IcePrince_X

Psylocke because of sheer will power and strength.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By ragdollpurps

What's the durability on Julia's webs? Couldn't Betsy just cut through them with the psi-katana?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By IcePrince_X

During her time with Freedom Force (with Mystique and Spiral) her web was distrupted depends on the will of her victim. So if the victim has a strong will, he/she can detangle themselves from her web. Knowing Psylocke she knows how to distrupt a psi-based web.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By charlieboy

if betsy can augment herself to julia's physical level then betts wins. she is more skilled. but julia is a ten tonner i believe so i don't know if psylocke can augment herself that much.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

IIRC, when Spider Woman was apart of Freedom Force, Rogue and Colossus broke free of her psi-webs and the feedback KO'd Julia. But Psylocke is not as strong as either of them when she is powered up with TK ( well below 50 (Rogue) to 70 tonner range(Colossus)). Since her TK prior to joining X-Force was not as strong as when she was first resurrected, the upper limits are not clear but not as powerful based on her showings since then. She was able to exchange blows with Wolverine in her mini, but I'm not sure she can take a 10 tonner's strike. If Julia trapped her in her psi-webs there is no guarantee she could break free or tank 10 tonner hits.

Avatar image for grand_marvelous
Grand Marvelous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Grand Marvelous

I would have to say Julia.Quite a big physical difference.

Avatar image for captain_danvers
Captain Danvers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Captain Danvers
@Grand Marvelous said:
I would have to say Julia.Quite a big physical difference.
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Phylos
@ragdollpurps said:

What's the durability on Julia's webs? Couldn't Betsy just cut through them with the psi-katana?

i was wondering the same thing, both are psi based weapons.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Julia.
Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Out_of_Space

I will choose Julia. Psylocke can't beat her without her telepathy powers.