#1 Edited by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio

 

 

Psylocke vs. Julia Carpenter 
-Win by Death, KO or Incapacitation. 
-Morals off. 
 

Story

  
-Psylocke has set out to find another femme fatale to battle with, when she hears of Julia, she becomes very interested for the fact that she utilizes psi-based weaponry (webs) as she does. Psylocke begins to track her down & finds Julia. 
 

Battle

 
-No Prep. 
-No BFR.    
-No Telepathy.  
-Telekinesis is allowed, but only to augment Psylocke's physical attributes (strength, speed etc) 
 

Gear 

-Psylocke has her psi-kitana. 
 
Arena

-Both start on opposite sides of the ship. 
 

 
#2 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.

#3 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.


id give her the TK, but then most comments would just be "psylocke crushes arachne" etc. but i see what your saying. not sure how i'd make this even without one side having more against the other.
#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.

id give her the TK, but then most comments would just be "psylocke crushes arachne" etc. but i see what your saying. not sure how i'd make this even without one side having more against the other.

Good point on the crushing. Maybe if you could limit her TK to physical augmentation only (can't use it to effect anything else but her strength and speed and to maintain her psi-kitanas), and put her TK at her pre x-force levels, which was strong but not as powerful as when she first got resurrected in uncanny.

#5 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Phylos said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Under these conditions I think Arachne will defeat Betsy fairly easily. Psylocke would need her TP or TK to fight here. Julia still has all of her spider powers (superhuman strength, endurance, speed, agility and reaction ...in addition to her psi-webs). Betsy has the better fighting skills but without TK to augment the power of her strikes or her speed to hit and hurt Julia. And with Julia's speed and agility, Betsy would have a hard time landing a hit, let alone escaping Julia's psi-webs. I don't think her psi-swords and martial skills will be enough to beat Arachne, so Julia for the win.

id give her the TK, but then most comments would just be "psylocke crushes arachne" etc. but i see what your saying. not sure how i'd make this even without one side having more against the other.

Good point on the crushing. Maybe if you could limit her TK to physical augmentation only (can't use it to effect anything else but her strength and speed and to maintain her psi-kitanas), and put her TK at her pre x-force levels, which was strong but not as powerful as when she first got resurrected in uncanny.


copy & paste lol, thank you bolt :) 
but with that being said, how would the battle turn out now?
#6 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

You could give her the TK powers and make Carpenter the current Madame Web incarnation.

#7 Posted by Nefarious (20461 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Julia's feats as far as being popular enemies?

#8 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

 

#9 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio
@demifiend said:
 
 
 

lol i dont know who that is.
#10 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

its you, i took that photo when i saw you in the road.

#11 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

@demifiend said:

its you, i took that photo when i saw you in the road.

lol

#12 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos said:

@demifiend said:


lol i dont know who that is.

Nice pics.

#13 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phylos: I see a shot for both now. Julia's psi-webs are still strong and she could possibly ensnare Betsy from a distance. And if it comes doen to h2h, Psylocke is the better fighter but Julia is no pushover in h2h, and if she can land some solid hits she can do damage and possibly KO. She would need to be quick though to evade Psylockes strikes, and I think her superhuman reflexes can help there.

#14 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke because of sheer will power and strength.

#15 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the durability on Julia's webs? Couldn't Betsy just cut through them with the psi-katana?

#16 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

During her time with Freedom Force (with Mystique and Spiral) her web was distrupted depends on the will of her victim. So if the victim has a strong will, he/she can detangle themselves from her web. Knowing Psylocke she knows how to distrupt a psi-based web.

#17 Posted by charlieboy (7160 posts) - - Show Bio

if betsy can augment herself to julia's physical level then betts wins. she is more skilled. but julia is a ten tonner i believe so i don't know if psylocke can augment herself that much.

#18 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10510 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, when Spider Woman was apart of Freedom Force, Rogue and Colossus broke free of her psi-webs and the feedback KO'd Julia. But Psylocke is not as strong as either of them when she is powered up with TK ( well below 50 (Rogue) to 70 tonner range(Colossus)). Since her TK prior to joining X-Force was not as strong as when she was first resurrected, the upper limits are not clear but not as powerful based on her showings since then. She was able to exchange blows with Wolverine in her mini, but I'm not sure she can take a 10 tonner's strike. If Julia trapped her in her psi-webs there is no guarantee she could break free or tank 10 tonner hits.

#19 Posted by Grand Marvelous (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have to say Julia.Quite a big physical difference.

#20 Posted by Captain Danvers (149 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Marvelous said:
I would have to say Julia.Quite a big physical difference.
#21 Posted by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:

What's the durability on Julia's webs? Couldn't Betsy just cut through them with the psi-katana?


i was wondering the same thing, both are psi based weapons.
#22 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Julia.
#23 Posted by Out_of_Space (720 posts) - - Show Bio

I will choose Julia. Psylocke can't beat her without her telepathy powers.