Psylocke vs Big Barda

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boob
boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By boob

I admit I don't know much about Barda, so I would be willing to change my vote if a Barda fan can give me good reason why she would win.  
What I do know is she grew up on Apokulips and was trained at a young age to be a good fighter/killer. From what I have noticed is people have come paired her to Wonder Woman, but a slight less powerful. 
For Psylocke: 
 She joined the British military, before stepping into the Captain Britain role (it ended badly). When she joined the X-men she was able to stand her own against people who were stronger then her in h2h. But when she used her telepathy she was a power house (in my opinion had a much better showing then Jean at that moment in time). Then when she stepped in to the seige perules she was brainwashed/ got a new body into joining the hand as their lead ninja. After much confusion we learn that much of her ninja skills come from the ninja Kwannon. We have no real knowledge of her back round so there is no way to know how great she really was. But Betsy using Kwannon's ninja skills showed some good fighting skills.  

First battle: 
 No knowledge of each other, Barda gets her rod and Betsy get her t/k blade (the one that looked like a you know what). Knock each other out 

Second battle: 
Knowledge of each other, Barda gets rod and her Aero-disk. Betsy gets t/k Katanna.   

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpectroRaphael

Unless Psylocke is allowed to use her telepathy this is a stomp for Barda.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jeanroygrant

Big Barda

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ddecourt

@SpectroRaphael said:

Unless Psylocke is allowed to use her telepathy this is a stomp for Barda.

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 202122

@jeanroygrant said:

Big Barda

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Pokeysteve

I think Barda might have TP resistance since she's pretty much a god. Need a Barda fan to confirm though. Like everyone else says though, if Psy can't mind control than Barda rips her in half.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWind

There is a claim from Scott that Granny Goodness conditions all her soldiers to resist mind control from telepathy weaker than Darkseid's. And Mother Box could probably help as well.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

Depends on whether or not she has TP defense or not. If she does this is a stomp in her favor. 

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Needlebay

Barda.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By boob

That's why I was not sure if Betsy having her telepathy helped in the battle. Like I said from what I understand Barda is another Wonder Woman (her being immune to telepathy reinforces this opinion). Getting harder to wonder why to even bother reading anything with her. Anyways to the topic :

We are unsure how strong Psylocke's katana is. She has not gone up against anything to require her to go all out, but we do know it can blow up a mountain. In this battle I know it will need to be a lot stronger then that, but I think it will be strong enough to cause Barda trouble.  
We are unsure how strong Psylocke's katana is. She has not gone up against anything to require her to go all out, but we do know it can blow up a mountain. In this battle I know it will need to be a lot stronger then that, but I think it will be strong enough to cause Barda trouble.  
Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ddecourt

@boob: Not likely. Barda's New God psysiology are just out Betsy's reach to do anything at all, even if Betsy's katana does proved to be strong enough to harm Barda (which is unlikely), She could easily outmaneuver Betsy with ease.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By boob
@Ddecourt: So Barda doesn't have a nervous system?
Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ddecourt

@boob: Yes, she does. But I don't see it being an issue here. Besides, Barda has her armor and her skin is already dense enough. So I don't think the Katana will do any significant damage.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By boob
@Ddecourt: Psylocke's Katana isn't a normal katana, it just looks like one. 

It's one of those comic book things that make no sense.  It bypasses clothes, armor (not sure if its magic armor), and skin. It goes straight to the nevus system and/or brain that connects to the nervous system. Now that she has gotten an upgrade, her
It's one of those comic book things that make no sense.  It bypasses clothes, armor (not sure if its magic armor), and skin. It goes straight to the nevus system and/or brain that connects to the nervous system. Now that she has gotten an upgrade, her "katana" also throws out a type of extra energy. Think of a heat laser beam in the way it is a beam and even though its not touching you, you can still feel the heat. But on a lesser scale. Her psy katana is waaaaaaaaaaay more powerful then a mere beam though. So Barda's skin and armor wont be an issue for her to attack to take effect. 
 She just went through Wolverine's adamantium. Her katana is much more powerful.
 She just went through Wolverine's adamantium. Her katana is much more powerful.
mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By mk111

I'm going with Barda.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave

Big Barda ftw

Ddecourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ddecourt

@boob: I know about that. Anyways it might be possible for Betsy to brain shut Barda, but then again she will have to catch her to do so.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By nefarious

SPITE. Big Barda can give Wonder Woman a good fight in H2H. 

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By terry2012

@boob: Big Barda is equal to Wonder woman.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By boob
@terry2012: What is her being equal to Wonder Woman if Bettsy knocks her out with a psy kitana?@Ddecourt said:

@boob: I know about that. Anyways it might be possible for Betsy to brain shut Barda, but then again she will have to catch her to do so.

I just found out that its not the artistes not paying attention to each other when drawing her psi weapons (I always thought it was), turns out she can choose the size and width subconsciously. I should have chosen a size for each weapon, but then again it may make it more even.  The other thing is she can treat her weapons like the Green Lanterns in the fact that they can throw what they conger, and then make a new one as powerful and/or stronger. And just as quick, maybe quicker. Not sure if that is fair considering Barda doesn't have much of a long range. If she does then Psylocke should be allowed to use her blade and katana that way. 
terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By terry2012

@boob: how strong is Psylocke?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

Psylocke gets mushed into paste. Barda is infinitely times faster, stronger, and more durable than Psylocke. Not to mention she is better trained.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dredeuced

Barda's basically Wonder Woman with less gear. Not a fair fight for Psylocke.