PS R2: thedarklordpandamonium vs Floopay (voting)

• 52 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Battlefield

No Caption Provided

Top Team Blue. Bottom Team Red.

Rules

Strength - Must start, keyword, start at 80 Tons Max, however Strength cannot exceed 200 tons.

Durability - Healing Factor is unlimited. You can be immune to harm!

Speed - Hyper Sonic (Mach 5) is fastest.

Powers - Falls in Line with Demolishing Large Mansion in one Hit.

Time Powers - Allowed but cannot be used as Time Freezing or Reversing Time. Cannot increase your own speed to past Hyper Sonic.

Reality Warping / Transmutation - Cannot be used on Enemy Team.

Telepathy - Wolrd Level, and no Illusions or Mind Raping.

Gear must fit the rules.

No BFR.

Morals will be on.

Teams

thedarklordpandamonium Black Bolt, Cyborg Guardian, Ultimate Rogue, Galbatorix w/Eldunari

floopay Cable (Marvel, Cable & Deadpool Version) , Lord Dyrr (Forgotten Realms), Gromph Baenre, Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cooldes

good luck

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

hi

btw cadencev2 ult rogue has banshee

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay , tommorow is voting. You drop out?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist

@thedarklordpandamonium: This goes for you too.

Do any of you know which battle I am missing?

theorder14-vs-funsiized

thedarklordpandamonium-vs-floopay

sherlock-vs-mightyrearranger

These are the only 3 I can find.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

I didn't even know the match had started. XD

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but @floopay here's my opening I s'pose

First of all, Galbatorix and his hundreds upon hundreds of Eldunari are the BIG FACTOR here. He is INCREDIBLY powerful and versed in magic, as shown here:

(as the quotes are from a series I'm going to be adding them as quotes, if that's alright with you)

Still keeping hold of the Dauthdaert, Elva stepped forward and began to speak. However, no sound came from her mouth, and she looked at Eragon with an expression of alarm. Eragon tried to touch her mind with his own, but he could feel nothing of her thoughts; it was as if she were no longer in the room with them.

Galbatorix laughed, then returned his sword to his lap and leaned back in his throne. “Did you truly believe that I was ignorant of your ability, child? Did you really think you could render me helpless with such a petty, transparent trick? Oh, I have no doubt your words could harm me, but only if I can hear them.” His bloodless lips curved in a cruel, humorless smile. “Such folly. This is the extent of your plan? A girl who cannot speak unless I grant her leave, a spear more suited for hanging on a wall than carrying into battle, and a collection of Eldunarí half out of their minds with age? Tut-tut. I had thought better of you, Arya. And you, Glaedr, but then I suppose your emotions have clouded your reason since I used Murtagh to slay Oromis.”

So in this quote what happens is that Elva, who has the ability to precog harm via Dragon Blessing (the most powerful magic in the show) gets shut down by Galbatorix, who stops her from speaking and shuts her off mentally. What's the range? Well,

When they were perhaps thirty feet from the dais, they halted.

Judging by this, it's thirty feet. However, we can assume it is much larger, as the throne room itself is nearly a mile long and from the moment they step in...

Elva frowned. “Nor can I feel him.”

Elva is unable to sense Shruikan mentally, meaning Galbatorix mentally cut them off from the instant they entered the throne room. (of course, Eragon and Saphira converse, but Galbatorix didn't really care)

Now, the space between us is considerably shorter than a mile -so as soon as the fight begins, Galbatorix will automatically stop your team from communicating, it's as simple as that.

Now, what is Galbatorix going to do next? Well...

Before Eragon managed to take more than a few steps, the king rose up from his velvet

seat and shouted a Word. The Word reverberated within Eragon’s mind, and every part of his

being seemed to thrum in response, as if he were an instrument upon which a bard had

struck a chord. Despite the intensity of his response, Eragon was unable to remember the

Word; it faded from his mind, leaving behind only the knowledge of its existence and how it

had affected him.

Galbatorix uttered other words after the first, but none seemed to have the same power,

and Eragon was too dazed to comprehend their meaning. As the last phrase left the king’s

lips, a force gripped Eragon, stopping him in mid-stride. The jolt shook a yelp of surprise from

him. He tried to move, but his body might as well have been encased in stone. All he could do

was breathe, look, and as he had already discovered, speak.

He did not understand; his wards should have protected him from the king’s magic. That

they did not left him feeling as if he were teetering on the edge of a vast abyss.

Next to him, Saphira, Arya, and Elva appeared likewise immobilized.

Enraged by how easily the king had caught them, Eragon joined his mind with the Eldunar

as they battered at Galbatorix’s consciousness. He felt a vast number of minds opposing

them—dragons all, who crooned and babbled and shrieked in a mad, disjointed chorus

that contained such pain and sorrow, Eragon wanted to pull himself away lest they drag him

down into their insanity. They were strong too, as if most of them had been Glaedr’s size or

larger.

The opposing dragons made it impossible to attack Galbatorix directly. Every time Eragon

thought he felt the touch of the king’s thoughts, one of the enslaved dragons would throw itself

at Eragon’s mind and—gibbering all the while—force him to retreat. Fighting the dragons

was difficult on account of their wild and incoherent thoughts; subduing any one of them was

like trying to hold down a rabid wolf. And there were so many of them, far more than the

Riders had hidden in the Vault of Souls.

That's right. Two incredibly strong (20+ tonner with magic) metahuman elves and a GIANT 100-TONNER-PLUS DRAGON (as well as a little girl) were instantly ensnared by Galbatorix's magic, unable to move at all and then immediately mindraped when they try to attack mentally.

And, keep in mind, Eragon has wards up to protect him from this sort of stuff. None of it helps against Galbatorix. Why? Well, Galbatorix knows the Name of the Ancient Language, which grants him complete dominion over magic. Now, he can project his voice easily, as many elves do while Eragon is away to pretend there is a shadow Eragon on Saphira, and your entire team would hear this. After just one sentence (after the first word of which you're dazed) your team is down for the count.

And keep in mind those 'few steps' are from Eragon, an elven rider who crossed five-hundred+ meters in a second during his duel with Arya, during which they were easily fighting at supersonic speeds, so he's not slow either. One word is all it takes.

And now the psychic assault -Galbatorix was able to enslave CITIES AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS with his psychic powers, and according to Murtagh Galbatorix doesn't even think about reading minds -it just automatically happens. He has HUNDREDS of Eldunari all stored in a multidimensional space, and they are going to be completely raping your teams minds.

God Cable is, of course, powerful, but even if Galbatorix can't rape his mind it would be laughable to suggest he could get to my team. Psychic wards are easily extended around others, as shown multiple times, and with hundreds of Eldunari automatically defending him Cable's main use is...well, gone.

So, to sum it up, in the first few seconds:

-Your team cannot communicate

-Your team cannot move

-All your minds are read

M'kay?

Now, while this is happening, my team will be flying towards your team -not too difficult, considering they're all hypersonic easily, and that considering Galbatorix's Words didn't affect either Shruikan Murtagh or the two children in the throne room he can choose who he wants them to affect.

Cyborg Guardian will begin, by doing this:

WAIT-who's Cyborg Guardian? Well...

No Caption Provided

He has pretty generic super strength and can move at speeds up to mach 5.

But what does he do? Well...

No Caption Provided

He fights with electromagnetic blasts.

So, you ask: Just how powerful IS Cyborg Guardian?

Well, his 'energy blasts' are really nothing more than him manipulating the internal energy flow of-

No Caption Provided

aaaaaand one-shots Galactus.

Now, he's not outside the limits -after all, they specifiy destructive capability, and Cyborg Guardian has very little of that. He is, however, ludicrously strong against actual opponents; as seen in the scan, he one-shot KO'd Galactus.

He can also shut off your team's neural signals (that includes God Cable, btw):

No Caption Provided

I am admittedly unaware of your team's technological capabilities, but Cyborg Guardian has bypassed the tech of Dr. Doom, the Master of Worlds, and Kang the Conqueror easily.

So, where are we at now?

Well:

-Your team cannot communicate due to Galbatorix

-Your team cannot move due to Galbatorix's 'Word'

-All your minds are read, Cable is either mindraped or can't attack due to Eldunari

-Guardian sends out a blanket neural stop, further destroying God Cable

-Guardian, who has one-shot Galactus, one-shots every member of your team

However, you are the brilliant Floopay, and I'm quite sure you have a way to stop this. So though I've already won, I'll continue assuming you have a counter.

The two members of my team left are Ultimate Rogue and the mighty Black Bolt (Ultimate Rogue is on Banshee, though cadencev2 forgot to put it in the title...)

Now, on Banshee, Ult. Rogue automatically absorbs people's powers. She doesn't knock them out, and she can also absorb skills and training (basic facts, if you want scans for them just ask) and gets their FULL POWER.

Permanent powers include I believe Juggernaut's insane strength and someone else who I'm forgetting, as well as ofc the powers of Black Bolt Galbatorix and Cyborg Guardian.

So Black Bolt and Ult. Rogue are going to be in front of Cyborg Guardian and Galbatorix; Black Bolt will be speaking calmly (or, as you may know it, easily destroying islands-continents) while Ult. Rogue will be doing the same and also coordinating a telepathic assault with Galbatorix and issuing neural stops/OHKO-ing your team.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cadencev2: I completely forgot about this. I'll get a post up tonight, but tomorrow I may or may not even get a post up. Been extremely busy lately.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Floopay

@thedarklordpandamonium:

-Your team cannot move

-All your minds are read

Yeah, I'm just going to say no to that one.

First of all, Gromph will be immune to most of your magic tricks instantly, as his Globe of Invulnerability is activated.

Second, Lichdrow Dyrr is immune to any mental assault, as well as any form of transmutation. He's also dead, so affecting his neural structure does nothing...

Third, I have Maka Albarn, you know Maka, are you high? :P

Maka is an extremely powerful telepath in terms of defensive attacks.

Maka Albarn

No Caption Provided

Maka vs. Arachne

Arachne affects an area the size of a small city with her telepathic abilities. Not only can Maka render everyone immune to these attacks, she can also bank off the attack itself to increase her attacks effectiveness. Finally, not only does it affect everyone and stop the attack, but it then reverberates that same attack right back at the user!

Galbatorix will be eating his own mental assault!

All detailed here:

Maka, Adiago of the Soul

Maka will already be attuned to Galbatorix's soul wavelength, as he so readily offered it to her in your opening, so she'll also pacify him for good measure during her counter attack.

That'll take no time at all, she doesn't have to focus or anything to locate his soul wavelength, as he is the one assaulting, he'll literally be giving his soul wavelength right to her on a platter.

Lichdrow Dyrr

No Caption Provided

The rest of your team is his target. He'll probably take either Black Bolts or Cyborg Guardian, whichever presents themselves as a thread first.

Force Cage and Silence

One of those two will be completely stuck in a force cage, thanks to Dyrr's attack (probably Guardian, with as fast as he's going to charge, Dyrr won't want to deal with him). This thing is immune to any non-magical attack, you could have Goku bang on the thing with all his might and the cage wouldn't budge. So Guardian will be stuck.

Also, Galbatorix just directed a mental assault to silence Dyrr directly at him. Dyrr's crown absorbs any spell cast his direction and can be unleashed back at whatever target Dyrr pleases. He'll target Black Bolts with it, because Cable told him so (will provide info later). This is activated with no more than a thought, and can be amplified further via Maka Albarn.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Depression

With a spell he'll send any of your four characters into a mental depression, causing them to give up on life, stop fighting, and probably break down crying. Sounds ridiculous right?

Well, this is actually an extremely powerful spell, that breaks through Gromph's Globe of Invulnerability, Magical Resistances via Equipment, his innate drow resistance, the godly number of magical resistances given to Gromph prior to this battle (which Gromph will have up, because that's how he goes into battle), and his indominable will power. So no, this isn't going against fodder, or going against someone unprepared for this kind of attack.

Meteor Swarm

For good measure, Dyrr will, at some point after the other few attacks, conjure a swarm of meteors to rain down on your team. This'll pretty easily wreak havoc to most of your team.

No Caption Provided

Gromph Baenre

No Caption Provided

Finger of Death

Gromph can see magic, so he'll know who's wearing protective magic equipment. He'll target Rogue, Guardian, or Black Bolts. Honestly though? Probably Rogue. Dyrr will handle the other two right off the bat, and Maka is taking care of your wizard.

This'll instantly kill Rogue, who has no resistances to magic.

Note: Lichdrow Dyrr can also cast these spells

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Globe of Invulnerability - That'll go up with a single thought, and he'll begin flying soon after.

Prismatic Sphere

Only powerful magic can affect him while this is up. It also renders him immune to all attacks but one, and he has to be attacked by a specific type of damage in a specific order to remove the sphere.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Spell Turning

IN case Galbatorix somehow survives Maka's assault, Gromph can begin turning his Galb's own attacks right back at him thanks to spell turning abilities.

Note: The spell he turns, is Finger of Death, which Lichdrow Dyrr can also cast, which could kill someone on your team as well.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Cable

No Caption Provided

He'll Protect my team with a field so powerful it can hold back nuclear fallout and the concussive force of a nuclear meltdown on one of his reactors. So yeah, it can hold back some damage.

Dominus Objective

Gives him full knowledge on your team, at least whatever knowledge can be accessed through Earth's databanks. So there's that.

Telepathy, but not telepathy

My team will know who to target with what attacks. Why? Because Cable can forcibly download information into my team's brains. He can do it to a degree where he could destroy my team's minds with it, but he obviously won't. He'll give them general information on whomever he can (Cyborg Guardian, Rogue, and Black Bolts for sure, which are the 3 they need info on) relatively quickly. This will let them know how to handle each character.

With this information, Black Bolts is rendered Silent by your own teammates spell, courtesy of Lichdrow Dyrr and Maka.

He can also use this to render any of your team but Cyborg immobile. This is NOT telepathy, and has been proven that it can even affect Deadpool, who is immune to even world level telepathic assaults. It's all explained in the scans.

Globe of Darkness

All drow have this ability, and courtesy of it, your entire team will be completely blinded by a 1 foot globe of darkness centered around their face. This is activated with a thought, and does not impede their casting or anything, so before any comment is made, they can do this simultaneously while casting spells, just like Dyrr can activate that telepathic assault, and while Gromph can access his Globe of Invulnerability and Flight with a thought while casting.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

#didntseemaka

#damnfloopay

>.<

Honestly, I was just determined to conquer this tournament by something other than brute force, so my team is made with people who are nowhere near the strength limit.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

-Your team cannot move

-All your minds are read

Yeah, I'm just going to say no to that one.

First of all, Gromph will be immune to most of your magic tricks instantly, as his Globe of Invulnerability is activated.

Por Que? Dyrr got past it.

Second, Lichdrow Dyrr is immune to any mental assault, as well as any form of transmutation. He's also dead, so affecting his neural structure does nothing...

Por Que? Why is he immune?

Third, I have Maka Albarn, you know Maka, are you high? :P

Maka is an extremely powerful telepath in terms of defensive attacks.

Maka Albarn

Arachne affects an area the size of a small city with her telepathic abilities. Not only can Maka render everyone immune to these attacks, she can also bank off the attack itself to increase her attacks effectiveness. Finally, not only does it affect everyone and stop the attack, but it then reverberates that same attack right back at the user!

Galbatorix will be eating his own mental assault!

All detailed here:

Maka, Adiago of the Soul

Maka will already be attuned to Galbatorix's soul wavelength, as he so readily offered it to her in your opening, so she'll also pacify him for good measure during her counter attack.

And how will he do that? Galbatorix has the entire army of Alagaesia, literally millions of men, under his absolute dominance as well as basically everyone in all the cities.

Not to mention he has ALL of his Eldunari here. If you attempt to attack Maka will be rebuked by a dragon millions of years old; it's an automatic defense, and nobody has ever been able to get past a supremely ancient Eldunari.

However, since I'm also relatively sure Galbatorix can't get to Maka I'll just call it a stalemate. Neither of our telepaths can get to each other; Maka can extend her soul wavelength, Galbatorix can extend his protections...fine.

Lichdrow Dyrr

The rest of your team is his target. He'll probably take either Black Bolts or Cyborg Guardian, whichever presents themselves as a thread first.

Force Cage and Silence

One of those two will be completely stuck in a force cage, thanks to Dyrr's attack (probably Guardian, with as fast as he's going to charge, Dyrr won't want to deal with him). This thing is immune to any non-magical attack, you could have Goku bang on the thing with all his might and the cage wouldn't budge. So Guardian will be stuck.

How, exactly, is Dyrr going to be casting a 'force cage' with Galbatorix's utter magic canceling word thrown at him?

Also, Cyborg Guardian doesn't need to move. We're maybe a hundred feet from each other, Cyborg Guardian has attacked over distances other than that.

Also, Galbatorix just directed a mental assault to silence Dyrr directly at him. Dyrr's crown absorbs any spell cast his direction and can be unleashed back at whatever target Dyrr pleases. He'll target Black Bolts with it, because Cable told him so (will provide info later). This is activated with no more than a thought, and can be amplified further via Maka Albarn.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

I see him repelling a fireball...not a mental assault from hundreds to thousands of incredibly powerful magical beings.

Depression

With a spell he'll send any of your four characters into a mental depression, causing them to give up on life, stop fighting, and probably break down crying. Sounds ridiculous right?

ys.

Well, this is actually an extremely powerful spell, that breaks through Gromph's Globe of Invulnerability, Magical Resistances via Equipment, his innate drow resistance, the godly number of magical resistances given to Gromph prior to this battle (which Gromph will have up, because that's how he goes into battle), and his indominable will power. So no, this isn't going against fodder, or going against someone unprepared for this kind of attack.

Going to have to say no to this one. Galbatorix has millions under his dominance at any given time via the Eldunari...there's no way one spell is going to get through those unless your character has brainwashed the entire continent.

Meteor Swarm

For good measure, Dyrr will, at some point after the other few attacks, conjure a swarm of meteors to rain down on your team. This'll pretty easily wreak havoc to most of your team.

Or it would, if a hypothetical millions of tons falling on Galbatorix was stated by the people who knew him best to 'do nothing'. (rock shelf above Uru Baen)

Gromph Baenre

Finger of Death

Gromph can see magic, so he'll know who's wearing protective magic equipment. He'll target Rogue, Guardian, or Black Bolts. Honestly though? Probably Rogue. Dyrr will handle the other two right off the bat, and Maka is taking care of your wizard.

This'll instantly kill Rogue, who has no resistances to magic.

Or it would if Rogue hadn't automatically absorbed the full power of Galbatorix.

Note: Lichdrow Dyrr can also cast these spells

Scan

Scan

I honestly can't read that scan.

Globe of Invulnerability - That'll go up with a single thought, and he'll begin flying soon after.

What is this Globe of Invuln? Dyrr broke through it.

Prismatic Sphere

Only powerful magic can affect him while this is up. It also renders him immune to all attacks but one, and he has to be attacked by a specific type of damage in a specific order to remove the sphere.

Only by powerful magic? Gee, it's a damn good thing I don't have 2 plantery-level magic users on my team.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Spell Turning

IN case Galbatorix somehow survives Maka's assault, Gromph can begin turning his Galb's own attacks right back at him thanks to spell turning abilities.

People have tried, people have failed. Galbatorix's Word cancels out ALL MAGIC HE WANTS IT TO.

Note: The spell he turns, is Finger of Death, which Lichdrow Dyrr can also cast, which could kill someone on your team as well.

Cable

You're putting a guy based entirely on technology on the Cyborg Guardian, a guy who has effortlessly OHKO'd Galactus via manipulation of energy and effortlessly broke through the tech of Doctor Doom, Kang the Conqueror, and the Master of Worlds. He is 10,000 years old and has spent all of those 10,000 years mastering his powers.

Tell me again why you think this is a good idea?

He'll Protect my team with a field so powerful it can hold back nuclear fallout and the concussive force of a nuclear meltdown on one of his reactors. So yeah, it can hold back some damage.

A forcefield that he was concentrating on to hold back a NUCLEAR BLAST?

Against 2x BLACK BOLT?!

WHAT?!

Dominus Objective

Gives him full knowledge on your team, at least whatever knowledge can be accessed through Earth's databanks. So there's that.

Telepathy, but not telepathy

My team will know who to target with what attacks. Why? Because Cable can forcibly download information into my team's brains. He can do it to a degree where he could destroy my team's minds with it, but he obviously won't. He'll give them general information on whomever he can (Cyborg Guardian, Rogue, and Black Bolts for sure, which are the 3 they need info on) relatively quickly. This will let them know how to handle each character.

With this information, Black Bolts is rendered Silent by your own teammates spell, courtesy of Lichdrow Dyrr and Maka.

Err...sorry how?

He can also use this to render any of your team but Cyborg immobile. This is NOT telepathy, and has been proven that it can even affect Deadpool, who is immune to even world level telepathic assaults. It's all explained in the scans.

Again. Electronic emissions...against Cyborg Guardian. Come off it. God Cable got punked by Silver Surfer using his powers, Cyborg Guardian OHKO'd Galactus.

Globe of Darkness

All drow have this ability, and courtesy of it, your entire team will be completely blinded by a 1 foot globe of darkness centered around their face. This is activated with a thought, and does not impede their casting or anything, so before any comment is made, they can do this simultaneously while casting spells, just like Dyrr can activate that telepathic assault, and while Gromph can access his Globe of Invulnerability and Flight with a thought while casting.

And Galactus can use the same spell Oromis taught Eragon to bend light around their faces physically so they're blind. Looks like we're all blind.

Wait...nope, no, my team's not blind because of that nifty all-magic-canceling Word thing.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

TL;DR

-Maka and Galbatorix cancel out

-Galbatorix's Word instantly cancels out all magic

-Cyborg Guardian manipulates Cable

-Bada Bing, Bada Boom

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@funsiized:

My answer to everything is just:

"I have a guy who is constantly in control of millions of people every single day who can cancel out all your magic with a word who has held 100-tonners in place."

Either that or

"Cyborg Guardian OHKO'd Galactus."

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When does voting start?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Floopay

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Dyrr's Immunity

Lichdrow Dyrr is a lich. In D&D, undead are immune to telepathy and psychic intrusion of any sort. Liches in particular are immune to any form of transmutation.

Dyrr's Crown

It can absorb a single spell thrown his direction. Plain and simple.

Eldunari

I have seen nothing of their power. Yes, they dominated a planet of people who apparently lack any real magical ability. Isn't that awesome. However, in Forgotten Realms, where competent magic users can and have defended themselves, there are magic users with lots of defenses against magic and magic cancellation.

World-Level magic and domination abilities great and all, but in a world where I haven't seen any real magic user that could counter another competent mage, that's hardly impressive. Elminster, a D&D mage, walked through hell like it was a walk in the park. Gromph Baenre summons demons and twists their bodies via sheer willpower, with little resistance. He has magical defenses against his magical defenses getting winked out of existence.

So while Galbatorix can use something to make magic in his universe from disappearing, that would have little effect on someone who isn't even technically on the same plane of existence as him (Dyrr), or someone who can make himself on the Ethereal plane of existence.

Additionally, I haven't seen any proof posted of his defense against soul attacks. Maka was able to repel an attack that affected the minds of people who actually have defenses against those sorts of attack, as opposed to Galbatorix who affects everyone who has no defense against such a thing. The only thing you've proven is that the range on his attacks is bigger, not that they are stronger.

Additionally, it doesn't matter how strong they are, once Maka is attuned to his soul wavelength he she can cancel his attacks out and has free reign on him.

So again, whereas my team has feats of them fighting competent people, all I've seen from Galbatorix is that he can handle a bunch of incompetent people who are nowhere near his skill level.

Rogue

Prove to me she can mimic magical powers. She was only able to mimic Juggernaut's power because the Ruby of Cyttorak had increased his physical attribute to that level, but she didn't gain the Ruby of Cytorrak's power. Magic is a prominent force in the Marvel universe, and it's hard for me to believe if she couldn't copy the full effects of a magical item already.

Black Bolts and Etc.

Destructive capabilities are limited to the ability to destroy a large mansion, as per the rules. So Black Bolts and Rogue aren't doing much.

Cable's Tech

I see claims of his supposed Technopathy, but it's little more than electromagnetic manipulation. What's his defense against telepathy and being technopathically hacked? Because I have yet to see any. Cable can hack others as well, and he has access to technology well above even Galactus's pay grade (Celestial Technology). So Cyborg Guardian is going to be stuck trying to hack something that's nowhere near the battlefield, and has no idea where it's coming from.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Dyrr's Immunity

Lichdrow Dyrr is a lich. In D&D, undead are immune to telepathy and psychic intrusion of any sort. Liches in particular are immune to any form of transmutation.

Ah.

Dyrr's Crown

It can absorb a single spell thrown his direction. Plain and simple.

Ah.

Eldunari

I have seen nothing of their power. Yes, they dominated a planet of people who apparently lack any real magical ability. Isn't that awesome. However, in Forgotten Realms, where competent magic users can and have defended themselves, there are magic users with lots of defenses against magic and magic cancellation.

You may or may not be forgetting the civilization of elves who were trapped in their mystical forest behind magical walls of nature Galbatorix couldn't get through because of friendship, all of whom are very competent magic users. It's mentioned several times the elves had free reign before Galbatorix came along.

World-Level magic and domination abilities great and all, but in a world where I haven't seen any real magic user that could counter another competent mage, that's hardly impressive. Elminster, a D&D mage, walked through hell like it was a walk in the park. Gromph Baenre summons demons and twists their bodies via sheer willpower, with little resistance. He has magical defenses against his magical defenses getting winked out of existence.

Sooo easily overthrowing dozens of Dragon Riders, people so powerful they can lay waste to cities and mountains with their magical power, doesn't count for anything with you? Y/N?

So while Galbatorix can use something to make magic in his universe from disappearing, that would have little effect on someone who isn't even technically on the same plane of existence as him (Dyrr), or someone who can make himself on the Ethereal plane of existence.

Dyrr's not on the same plane of existence as him? How do I attack him? Same for the other guy. If we're going to go with 'your magic doesn't affect mine' we are going to be here literally all day.

I stand by my statement that Galbatorix's complete and utter cancelation of magic is going to...well, cancel your magic.

Additionally, I haven't seen any proof posted of his defense against soul attacks. Maka was able to repel an attack that affected the minds of people who actually have defenses against those sorts of attack, as opposed to Galbatorix who affects everyone who has no defense against such a thing. The only thing you've proven is that the range on his attacks is bigger, not that they are stronger.

Galbatorix easily defending against Murtagh, Arya, dozens of elves (all of whom have training in this stuff) including a dozen very powerful spellcasters, a giant effing dragon, and a little girl who can see the future and make people do anything she wants by speaking doesn't count?

Additionally, it doesn't matter how strong they are, once Maka is attuned to his soul wavelength he she can cancel his attacks out and has free reign on him.

Not buying it. Maka is powerful. Galbatorix is powerful.

So again, whereas my team has feats of them fighting competent people, all I've seen from Galbatorix is that he can handle a bunch of incompetent people who are nowhere near his skill level.

Rogue

Prove to me she can mimic magical powers. She was only able to mimic Juggernaut's power because the Ruby of Cyttorak had increased his physical attribute to that level, but she didn't gain the Ruby of Cytorrak's power. Magic is a prominent force in the Marvel universe, and it's hard for me to believe if she couldn't copy the full effects of a magical item already.

Whhaaaat? Juggernaut is powered by the Ruby of Cyttorak. When it's taken away, yes, he is still really flipping strong for a human, but he's still a HUMAN. Yet Rogue copied his powers -PERMANENTLY. She didn't gain the full power of the Ruby of Cyttorak because Juggs has never had the full power of the Ruby of Cyttorak without busting through dimensions!

Black Bolts and Etc.

Destructive capabilities are limited to the ability to destroy a large mansion, as per the rules. So Black Bolts and Rogue aren't doing much.

God Cable would also be out then.

Cable's Tech

I see claims of his supposed Technopathy, but it's little more than electromagnetic manipulation. What's his defense against telepathy and being technopathically hacked? Because I have yet to see any. Cable can hack others as well, and he has access to technology well above even Galactus's pay grade (Celestial Technology). So Cyborg Guardian is going to be stuck trying to hack something that's nowhere near the battlefield, and has no idea where it's coming from.

Against being technopathically hacked?

He's hacked the systems of the Master of the World (who was taking control of the world's tech), hacked Doom's systems (no need to go into that) hacked Kang the Conqueror's systems (yeah, you know his capabilities) hacked the highest tech on the world (kind of irrelevant, but you get it) and arguably also hacked Galactus as well via manipulating Galactus' own systems.

Scans if you want.

Why is he hacking something nowhere near the battlefield that he has no idea where it's coming from? He's instantly pinpointed signals across the entire world.

When has Cable hacked Celestial Technology? He couldn't even hack the nuke!

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Floopay

@thedarklordpandamonium:

You may or may not be forgetting the civilization of elves who were trapped in their mystical forest behind magical walls of nature Galbatorix couldn't get through because of friendship, all of whom are very competent magic users. It's mentioned several times the elves had free reign before Galbatorix came along.

So powerful were those elves that they couldn't resist a simple telepathic assault? Even Gromph has contingencies set up for that. It took a spell meant to turn an army to crack his defenses, that is, an army of drow. Who have way more magic and way more magical resistances than any elf.

The entirety of a drow city glows with magic. The walls of each House are lined with adamantium, which is enchanted to be stronger, and lined with magical trap to stop unwanted people from entering, and can incinerate a being with the utmost ease. They have gardens filled with flowers, that if activated and an intruder walks past, sound an alarm to notify the House people are coming. They have several magic barriers and fortifications to prevent any stray minds, divinations, or any sort of unwanted metaphysical intrusion from occurring.

So a few magical walls of friendship don't really impress me compared to drow society, filled with beings with an innate resistance to all magic, and who are all trained in the arts of psionics, wizardry, priesthood, and melee combat (required, unless they want to be killed) to some degree.

Sooo easily overthrowing dozens of Dragon Riders, people so powerful they can lay waste to cities and mountains with their magical power, doesn't count for anything with you? Y/N?

As for the dragon riders, any showing of what they can do without their dragons? Because realistically I see nothing impressive. Dyrr, with just a wave of his hand, conjured a shower of meteors that would annihilate most surface cities one meteor at a time. Again, not impressed, and how powerful they are is meaningless if they have no resistance to telepathy. That's like saying Ant-Man can smash through skyscrapers, therefore he can resist Xavier. It just doesn't make sense.

Dyrr's not on the same plane of existence as him? How do I attack him? Same for the other guy. If we're going to go with 'your magic doesn't affect mine' we are going to be here literally all day.

I stand by my statement that Galbatorix's complete and utter cancelation of magic is going to...well, cancel your magic.

He cannot destroy Dyrr entirely, that's impossible. However, he can destroy Dyrr's physical form, which is just an extension of his will, so affecting his physical form does nothing. Additionally, I have yet to see any use of magic cancellation against guys who literally build defenses against magical cancellation. I'm supposed to be impressed? Oh look, Gromph used dispel to depower a city of low level magic users, he must be capable of killing Elminster! It's just not impressive.

The drow spend their entire lives under the threat of magic users, so it's pretty common for a drow with renowned combat ability to carry multiple devices capable of depowering magic, dispelling magic, or that can stop magic users. On that same note, magic users carry a wide arsenal of abilities to counter being depowered, dispelled, and being stopped.

The only thing a mass depower like that is going to do is wink out some of his minor defenses, which are put there to absorb the brunt of any magical dispel. Oh wait, he never used against a competent wizard? Well that's too bad, my wizards are actually competent and know to prepare against that sort of thing.

Galbatorix easily defending against Murtagh, Arya, dozens of elves (all of whom have training in this stuff) including a dozen very powerful spellcasters, a giant effing dragon, and a little girl who can see the future and make people do anything she wants by speaking doesn't count?

Show me. And again, making people who have no defense against that sort of thing isn't impressive. Show me using it against someone with a defined resistance to that sort of attack, because Maka does that often. Whether it's affecting the Kenshin (twice now), affecting the Clowns (multiple times), taking control of someone else's conjurations (again, multiple times), or affecting a shinigami (multiple times now), she actually uses her abilities against people with a defined resistance. Not people who are just stated "He's powerful, and he got pwned with absolute ease because he had no defense against this thing, poor him".

Ignore it all you want, Maka's ability allows her to attune her own soul wavelength with another persons and then begin to affect them. In the most recent chapter she used it against Kishin himself...twice. Someone with godly resistances to that sort of thing, which was proven multiple times by tanking soul attacks from a full powered Death the Kid, and Black Star. Both of which can take down armies of guys who are also incredibly resistant to those sorts of attacks with absolute ease (yes, they were shown to be resistant in their battle against DWMA).

Whhaaaat? Juggernaut is powered by the Ruby of Cyttorak. When it's taken away, yes, he is still really flipping strong for a human, but he's still a HUMAN. Yet Rogue copied his powers -PERMANENTLY. She didn't gain the full power of the Ruby of Cyttorak because Juggs has never had the full power of the Ruby of Cyttorak without busting through dimensions!

So we're to assume because she couldn't copy the powers of a magical artifact that she can copy the powers of a magical artifact?

Somehow I'm going to doubt your logic.

Your point? I'm not using God Cable, so that's not a problem....

He's hacked the systems of the Master of the World (who was taking control of the world's tech), hacked Doom's systems (no need to go into that) hacked Kang the Conqueror's systems (yeah, you know his capabilities) hacked the highest tech on the world (kind of irrelevant, but you get it) and arguably also hacked Galactus as well via manipulating Galactus' own systems.

Scans if you want.

Why is he hacking something nowhere near the battlefield that he has no idea where it's coming from? He's instantly pinpointed signals across the entire world.

Providence is made of Celestial Technology, which Cable uses, and it's where Cable put the Dominus Objective and the Cone of Silence. In order to depower Cable, Cyborg Guardian has to hack Celestial technology, which is superior to Kang's tech, and what Cyborg Guardian did to Galactus is irrelevent.

The problem with Cyborg Guardian, is in order for his electromagnetism to work he has to actually make contact with someone via his electromangetic dispersal beams.

Cyborg Guardian vs. Galactus

That scan is filled with PIS and you know it. Galactus was warped into a different dimension which depowered him greatly, and then he required Galactus's help to get back out of the same said dimension. So unless you plan on getting Maddison Jefferies to aid your team in BFRing my team into that same dimension, I doubt he's going to be that powerful.

As for the Master of the World, how is that impressive either? HIs tech wasn't even on Iron Man's level, he just happened to have a planet of civilians with no means of protecting themselves against his technology.... When he was on Earth and had improved his technology further, he was able to briefly take over Canada before they killed him.

Kang the Conqueror I haven't read that one.

Guardian is not nearly as powerful as you're making him out to be. Him and Alpha Flight got pwned by the Wrecking Crew when Tana'ri took them over, was getting smacked around with ease by cannon fodder demons, and he was getting destroyed by Sasquatch when Tana'ri took him over. It took Beta Ray Bill to save him and his crew, and BRB effortlessly destroyed that entire army with one omni-directional lightning blast that didn't even put strain on BRB.

Wanna bring up some more out of context scans and showings, because I'll gladly debunk those as well...

Gromph's Equipment stand up to magical dispels and depowers

This attack destroys Nimor Imphraezl's magical sword and a few other pieces, as well as winks out a several hundred ton centipede from existence (was conjured, then got banished back home). Does nothing to Gromph's equipment, or even his lesser magical defenses.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Here it is again

This time, his Globe of Invulnerability absorbs the effect, leaving him, his other magical defenses, and his equipment untouched.

Here are two instances of occurrence.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium:

So powerful were those elves that they couldn't resist a simple telepathic assault? Even Gromph has contingencies set up for that. It took a spell meant to turn an army to crack his defenses, that is, an army of drow. Who have way more magic and way more magical resistances than any elf.

What? Elves are very competent magic users and can easily assert telepathic dominance over dozens of regular people. They are also very powerful with magic, able to create things easily that would kill regular humans. They can create spells that sustain themselves forever, etc. and are roughly 50x as powerful as regular humans in all aspects.

Galbatorix being able to menace them telepathically is a feat for him...not a low showing for them.

Also, Galbatorix is constantly in control of millions of people, literally most everyone on an entire continent.

The entirety of a drow city glows with magic. The walls of each House are lined with adamantium, which is enchanted to be stronger, and lined with magical trap to stop unwanted people from entering, and can incinerate a being with the utmost ease. They have gardens filled with flowers, that if activated and an intruder walks past, sound an alarm to notify the House people are coming. They have several magic barriers and fortifications to prevent any stray minds, divinations, or any sort of unwanted metaphysical intrusion from occurring.

That sounds exactly like Du Weldenvarden.

So a few magical walls of friendship don't really impress me compared to drow society, filled with beings with an innate resistance to all magic, and who are all trained in the arts of psionics, wizardry, priesthood, and melee combat (required, unless they want to be killed) to some degree.

Elves are also trained in magic, telepathy and telepathic defenses, and each elf = 50+ human men as shown in the Siege of Fiernster and multiple battles throughout the final assaults on Galbatorix.

As for the dragon riders, any showing of what they can do without their dragons? Because realistically I see nothing impressive. Dyrr, with just a wave of his hand, conjured a shower of meteors that would annihilate most surface cities one meteor at a time. Again, not impressed, and how powerful they are is meaningless if they have no resistance to telepathy. That's like saying Ant-Man can smash through skyscrapers, therefore he can resist Xavier. It just doesn't make sense.

You do realize, right, that Dragon Riders were trained in telepathy to the point that they could scan and control entire cities (as shown by the Forsworn) could easily take down cities on their own from dragonback, could drain the lifeforce of entire forests into devastating spells, could erase things from existence and do things we'd typically call impossible (such as sinking whole cities into the ground or swallowing them up) just via sheer emotion?

And Galbatorix beat them all.

He cannot destroy Dyrr entirely, that's impossible. However, he can destroy Dyrr's physical form, which is just an extension of his will, so affecting his physical form does nothing. Additionally, I have yet to see any use of magic cancellation against guys who literally build defenses against magical cancellation. I'm supposed to be impressed? Oh look, Gromph used dispel to depower a city of low level magic users, he must be capable of killing Elminster! It's just not impressive.

The Word from Galbatorix managed to cancel out the magic of...

1) A trained Dragon Rider (Eragon) who was immensely powerful and had his own collection of Eldunari, and had an incredible amount of wards and energy to the point that he had more energy on him than was present in a hundred thousand men

2) Murtagh, basically same as above except Murtagh was more skilled in...well, everything

3) Arya, an elf who had effortlessly overpowered dozens of human mages who could each turn the tide of a battle containing thousands of men and had been building up telepathic and magic defenses for years

The Word is the NAME of the Ancient Language. This is to say, it controls ALL magic in the Eragon universe. If you want to say that D&D magic is different than Inheritance Cycle magic, by all accounts go ahead but we're going to be here all day arguing semantics.

Eragon, Murtagh, Galbatorix, and several other elite spellcasters in Alagaesia know the properties of the Name of the Ancient Language; Eragon himself refused to tell anyone he didn't trust because they could at any given moment walk into an Elvish city, say the Name, and leave while the entire magical city collapsed in on itself.

The drow spend their entire lives under the threat of magic users, so it's pretty common for a drow with renowned combat ability to carry multiple devices capable of depowering magic, dispelling magic, or that can stop magic users. On that same note, magic users carry a wide arsenal of abilities to counter being depowered, dispelled, and being stopped.

The only thing a mass depower like that is going to do is wink out some of his minor defenses, which are put there to absorb the brunt of any magical dispel. Oh wait, he never used against a competent wizard? Well that's too bad, my wizards are actually competent and know to prepare against that sort of thing.

So you're saying that three people who have been training in magic for years and years (and in Arya's case, decades and decades), who know nearly all there is to know about magic -aren't competent?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the Name of the Ancient Language cancels out all active wards, energies, etc. Galbatorix used it to cancel out the energy that could have toppled millions and millions of tons of rock shelf and destroy an enormous city and wards that Eragon had added onto to the point that unless he let something get through, any conceivable attack would just drain his magical reserves until the ward collapsed.

With one word.

Show me.

K, this was in my opening.

Enraged by how easily the king had caught them, Eragon joined his mind with the Eldunar

as they battered at Galbatorix’s consciousness. He felt a vast number of minds opposing

them—dragons all, who crooned and babbled and shrieked in a mad, disjointed chorus

that contained such pain and sorrow, Eragon wanted to pull himself away lest they drag him

down into their insanity. They were strong too, as if most of them had been Glaedr’s size or

larger.

The opposing dragons made it impossible to attack Galbatorix directly. Every time Eragon

thought he felt the touch of the king’s thoughts, one of the enslaved dragons would throw itself

at Eragon’s mind and—gibbering all the while—force him to retreat. Fighting the dragons

was difficult on account of their wild and incoherent thoughts; subduing any one of them was

like trying to hold down a rabid wolf. And there were so many of them, far more than the

Riders had hidden in the Vault of Souls.

Eragon, dozens of Eldunari, Arya, and the little girl attack Galbatorix's mind and are effortlessly turned back. The only reason he didn't mindrape them is because Galbatorix wanted Eragon to fight Murtagh for some convoluted reason.

And again, making people who have no defense against that sort of thing isn't impressive.

I agree. Which is why I'm showing you Galbatorix effortlessly dominating people who do have defenses and have trained those defenses.

Show me using it against someone with a defined resistance to that sort of attack, because Maka does that often. Whether it's affecting the Kenshin (twice now), affecting the Clowns (multiple times), taking control of someone else's conjurations (again, multiple times), or affecting a shinigami (multiple times now), she actually uses her abilities against people with a defined resistance. Not people who are just stated "He's powerful, and he got pwned with absolute ease because he had no defense against this thing, poor him".

Eragon and Arya both have incredibly powerful mental defenses. They can subdue or control hundreds of people, and each Eldunari makes them easily ten times as powerful as before, and Eragon has dozens.

Ignore it all you want, Maka's ability allows her to attune her own soul wavelength with another persons and then begin to affect them. In the most recent chapter she used it against Kishin himself...twice. Someone with godly resistances to that sort of thing, which was proven multiple times by tanking soul attacks from a full powered Death the Kid, and Black Star. Both of which can take down armies of guys who are also incredibly resistant to those sorts of attacks with absolute ease (yes, they were shown to be resistant in their battle against DWMA).

Your point? Galbatorix also has godly resistance.

So we're to assume because she couldn't copy the powers of a magical artifact that she can copy the powers of a magical artifact?

Somehow I'm going to doubt your logic.

Rogue copied the powers of a magical artifact.

She copied Juggernaut's powers.

Juggernaut's powers are given to him by the Ruby of Cyttorak.

Thus, Rogue copied the powers of the Ruby of Cyttorak.

I have no idea what you're trying to get at here.

You're using the same Cable who was fighting the Silver Surfer, yes?

They fought through a city they would have destroyed had Cable not been putting it back together with his mind.

Scans if you want.

Providence is made of Celestial Technology, which Cable uses, and it's where Cable put the Dominus Objective and the Cone of Silence. In order to depower Cable, Cyborg Guardian has to hack Celestial technology, which is superior to Kang's tech, and what Cyborg Guardian did to Galactus is irrelevent.

You realized Cyborg Guardian had to sync with Galactus' tech, right? Can you elaborate on the Providence thing?

The problem with Cyborg Guardian, is in order for his electromagnetism to work he has to actually make contact with someone via his electromangetic dispersal beams.

He does.

No Caption Provided

But given that he can send his energy along the earth's electromagnetic fields, it's...not really an issue.

Also, given that Cyborg Guardian has bypassed shields that have withstood nuke-level-attacks in his takeover of the world's systems, has bypassed the incredibly powerful shields of Dr. Doom which were no-selling city busting attacks earlier, and has OHKO'd a Galactus who was only getting annoyed by the attacks of a group of very powerful superheroes...

Cable's shields will be a joke.

Cyborg Guardian vs. Galactus

That scan is filled with PIS and you know it. Galactus was warped into a different dimension which depowered him greatly, and then he required Galactus's help to get back out of the same said dimension. So unless you plan on getting Maddison Jefferies to aid your team in BFRing my team into that same dimension, I doubt he's going to be that powerful.

Yes, Galactus was depowered. I never said he was at full power, though I can see how you might have inferred that.

But he wasn't as depowered as you may think. He was still only getting annoyed by the combined might of the second Guardian, Windshear, Quasar, Vision, Hercules, Sersi, and Maddison Jeffries (Box IV).

Really, the only change was that he had to use purely physical prowess instead of energy blasts. He still had his shields, as evidenced when Quasar was like 'nyaaar' and failed to hurt him.

As for the Master of the World, how is that impressive either? HIs tech wasn't even on Iron Man's level, he just happened to have a planet of civilians with no means of protecting themselves against his technology.... When he was on Earth and had improved his technology further, he was able to briefly take over Canada before they killed him.

Erm, you realize it took Iron Man, Hank Pym, Stingray, and Black Knight DAYS to hack the Master of World's systems, and even then that was only because the Master of Worlds wasn't actually responding to any of their hacking efforts or putting up firewalls?

No Caption Provided

And the HUMAN guardian (not even the Cyborg one) instantly synced with the tech of the Master of World's.

Kang the Conqueror I haven't read that one.

Well he didn't really hack Kang. He just hacked Master of Worlds, who was bypassing Kang's tech with the greatest of ease. ABC logic, my bad, but it still holds as this is purely hacking.

You're also ignoring him hacking the tech of Doom.

Guardian is not nearly as powerful as you're making him out to be. Him and Alpha Flight got pwned by the Wrecking Crew when Tana'ri took them over, was getting smacked around with ease by cannon fodder demons, and he was getting destroyed by Sasquatch when Tana'ri took him over. It took Beta Ray Bill to save him and his crew, and BRB effortlessly destroyed that entire army with one omni-directional lightning blast that didn't even put strain on BRB.

Is that why he OHKO'd someone who was no-selling the blows of city-busters?

Wanna bring up some more out of context scans and showings, because I'll gladly debunk those as well...

Implying you debunked anything?

Gromph's Equipment stand up to magical dispels and depowers

This attack destroys Nimor Imphraezl's magical sword and a few other pieces, as well as winks out a several hundred ton centipede from existence (was conjured, then got banished back home). Does nothing to Gromph's equipment, or even his lesser magical defenses.

Scan

No Caption Provided

Scan

Here it is again

This time, his Globe of Invulnerability absorbs the effect, leaving him, his other magical defenses, and his equipment untouched.

Here are two instances of occurrence.

The above two scans are broken for me. Can you just copy-paste the links, not embedding them?

And...once again, Galbatorix's Word cancels out all magic. Doesn't matter how powerful it is.

TL;DR

-Galbatorix is way more powerful than Floopay is making him out to be

-Galbatorix's Name of the Ancient Language blanket cancels out all magic, regardless of strength, basically making half his team useless

-Cyborg Guardian can hack Cable due to having synced with Galactus himself

-Cyborg Guardian OHKO'ing Galactus is an impressive feat considering a group of very powerful superheroes only annoyed him

-Ult. Rogue and Black Bolt's destructive capabilities were never addressed properly; God Cable has the same problem

-Cyborg Guardian's electromagnetic bursts can easily one-shot Floopay's entire team due to getting past Cable's shields

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Floopay

@thedarklordpandamonium: Being trained in magic for decades is impressive, but Gromph is 700 years old, and has been training as a wizard since he was 16, and in drow society, there are no breaks. The moment you stop training is the moment you will be assassinated. That's just how a person has to live in his position.

Lichdrow Dyrr is thousands of years old, and has spent his entire life doing magic.

What? Elves are very competent magic users and can easily assert telepathic dominance over dozens of regular people. They are also very powerful with magic, able to create things easily that would kill regular humans. They can create spells that sustain themselves forever, etc. and are roughly 50x as powerful as regular humans in all aspects.

Galbatorix being able to menace them telepathically is a feat for him...not a low showing for them.

Also, Galbatorix is constantly in control of millions of people, literally most everyone on an entire continent.

That sounds exactly like Du Weldenvarden.

Elves are also trained in magic, telepathy and telepathic defenses, and each elf = 50+ human men as shown in the Siege of Fiernster and multiple battles throughout the final assaults on Galbatorix.

Drow are trained against the telepathic invasion of Mind Flayers, who can enslave armies with ease. So I'm questioning an elves mental defenses compared to a competent wizard's. Gromph even fought off a Mind Flayer at one point with sheer willpower, and no bonus mental defense against it. Which Maka will be providing.

As for being 50x more powerful, I'd like to see that. I'd like to see scans proving every elf can lift 10-20 tons, move Mach 2-2.5, eat grenades for breakfast, and etc. Because it sounds like this number is either purely hyperbole, or completely crap.

You do realize, right, that Dragon Riders were trained in telepathy to the point that they could scan and control entire cities (as shown by the Forsworn) could easily take down cities on their own from dragonback, could drain the lifeforce of entire forests into devastating spells, could erase things from existence and do things we'd typically call impossible (such as sinking whole cities into the ground or swallowing them up) just via sheer emotion?

And Galbatorix beat them all.

Mind Flayers do the same thing, yet drow seem to have no issue fighting them back when they attempt to invade. I also have yet to see any of these supposed feats from these riders.

1) A trained Dragon Rider (Eragon) who was immensely powerful and had his own collection of Eldunari, and had an incredible amount of wards and energy to the point that he had more energy on him than was present in a hundred thousand men

2) Murtagh, basically same as above except Murtagh was more skilled in...well, everything

3) Arya, an elf who had effortlessly overpowered dozens of human mages who could each turn the tide of a battle containing thousands of men and had been building up telepathic and magic defenses for years

The Word is the NAME of the Ancient Language. This is to say, it controls ALL magic in the Eragon universe. If you want to say that D&D magic is different than Inheritance Cycle magic, by all accounts go ahead but we're going to be here all day arguing semantics.

Eragon, Murtagh, Galbatorix, and several other elite spellcasters in Alagaesia know the properties of the Name of the Ancient Language; Eragon himself refused to tell anyone he didn't trust because they could at any given moment walk into an Elvish city, say the Name, and leave while the entire magical city collapsed in on itself.

So you're saying that three people who have been training in magic for years and years (and in Arya's case, decades and decades), who know nearly all there is to know about magic -aren't competent?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; the Name of the Ancient Language cancels out all active wards, energies, etc. Galbatorix used it to cancel out the energy that could have toppled millions and millions of tons of rock shelf and destroy an enormous city and wards that Eragon had added onto to the point that unless he let something get through, any conceivable attack would just drain his magical reserves until the ward collapsed.

With one word.

The Hulk is more powerful than all of them, yet Havok was able to siphon the gamma radiation right out of him. Just because you're powerful, doesn't mean you have any defenses against being depowered, which it clearly looks like he lacked.

So he can cancel all magic tied to that ancient language? How is that useful against Weave magic which has no such restrictions? That's like saying Gromph should have completely domination over Spawn because he knows his true name, even though Hellspawn in the Spawn Universe carry no such restrictions on their demons. Just because one universe has a big red self destruct button on their abilities, doesn't mean another universe does.

Eragon, dozens of Eldunari, Arya, and the little girl attack Galbatorix's mind and are effortlessly turned back. The only reason he didn't mindrape them is because Galbatorix wanted Eragon to fight Murtagh for some convoluted reason.

And again, making people who have no defense against that sort of thing isn't impressive.

I agree. Which is why I'm showing you Galbatorix effortlessly dominating people who do have defenses and have trained those defenses.

Show me using it against someone with a defined resistance to that sort of attack, because Maka does that often. Whether it's affecting the Kenshin (twice now), affecting the Clowns (multiple times), taking control of someone else's conjurations (again, multiple times), or affecting a shinigami (multiple times now), she actually uses her abilities against people with a defined resistance. Not people who are just stated "He's powerful, and he got pwned with absolute ease because he had no defense against this thing, poor him".

Eragon and Arya both have incredibly powerful mental defenses. They can subdue or control hundreds of people, and each Eldunari makes them easily ten times as powerful as before, and Eragon has dozens.

Yes, he does. As does Kenshin, and the army of clowns Maka fought off. My point is Maka has on panel evidence she can turn back attacks against people who have that godly level of resistance. Her power is proven to work against people who function on his level and his level of defense.

Over and above this she can also attack him physically. That's the beauty of Maka, is not only can Soul Eater carry out his adiago, and his rebukes, but Maka can fight simultaneously.

Really, because it looks like she just got his durability and his strength. By your own admission, these were powers he has as a human. She doesn't seem to be unstoppable, doesn't have any regeneration he might have, or any other abilities he might have. She just copied the physical powers that were part of the physical realm. I see nothing to prove she copied the mystical powers that accompany the Ruby. So again, prove to me she can copy mystical energy, because as of now I just see her copying physical powers, and mutant powers.

You're using the same Cable who was fighting the Silver Surfer, yes?

They fought through a city they would have destroyed had Cable not been putting it back together with his mind.

No, I'm not using God Cable. I'm using post-god Cable, hence the Dominus Objective and the Cone of Silence. I don't know where you are getting that I"m using Savior Cable who is WAY WAY WAY outside the limits of this tournament.

Scans:

I can't copy paste links. My feats aren't looked up online, they are scans from my own private book collection. But I described what happened. Powerful dispel magic abilities were used, and rather than destroying anything, they were all absorbed by Gromph's front line of magic defenses. That's what they do. No matter how powerful the spell, they absorb it all and disperse. The ultimate defense against anti-magic attacks.

-Galbatorix's Name of the Ancient Language blanket cancels out all magic, regardless of strength, basically making half his team useless

-Cyborg Guardian OHKO'ing Galactus is an impressive feat considering a group of very powerful superheroes only annoyed him

-Ult. Rogue and Black Bolt's destructive capabilities were never addressed properly; God Cable has the same problem

-Cyborg Guardian's electromagnetic bursts can easily one-shot Floopay's entire team due to getting past Cable's shields

1. I have no doubt he's powerful, but I think you are drastically underestimating the century old wizard's with godly levels of experience in fighting against the things in Galbatorix's arsenal. If anything, you are underestimating the mages I have present. I have provided several scans proving my team's defenses and counters to magic and telepathic assault, yet your claim has simply ben "Galbatorix is better, therefore he wins" with no evidence to the contrary.
  2. In his universe where there is no defense against such things, that may be true. However, in D&D Wizard's actually have defenses against anti-magic fields, anti-magic attacks, magical depowering, and dispelling magic. You're making an assumption that D&D carries an inherent null resistance to magic that they do not.
  3. Based on what? Doom (By Stark, Reed Richards, Amadeus Cho I believe, and a few others), Kang (by Reed Richards), Master of Worlds, and etc. have all been hacked into on multiple occasions. Yet when Cable was living on Providence, all the best efforts of all the best minds on Earth proved unable to hack into his celestial technology. That's a fact.
  4. God Cable isn't what I'm using, so not an issue. I'm using Messiah Complex Cable, which is Post-Savior/God.
  5. Based on what? I've already proven Cable can hold back electromagnetism (nuclear meltdown), and his shields are electromagnetic in nature actually. He's protecting my team, and I have yet to see why the members of your team wouldn't succumb to the Dominus Objective hacking into their brains. Remember, that's not a telepathic assault, that's technopathic, something none of your team has any defenses against. Proven to be capable of getting past Deadpool's mental defenses, which were sufficient enough to block out Emma Frost and Savior Cable's attempt to even detect him.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@thedarklordpandamonium: Being trained in magic for decades is impressive, but Gromph is 700 years old, and has been training as a wizard since he was 16, and in drow society, there are no breaks. The moment you stop training is the moment you will be assassinated. That's just how a person has to live in his position.

Lichdrow Dyrr is thousands of years old, and has spent his entire life doing magic.

Cool. I never said your wizards were incompetent, I said mine were competent.

Drow are trained against the telepathic invasion of Mind Flayers, who can enslave armies with ease. So I'm questioning an elves mental defenses compared to a competent wizard's. Gromph even fought off a Mind Flayer at one point with sheer willpower, and no bonus mental defense against it. Which Maka will be providing.

Elves are trained against telepathy as well, but I'd like to see some of this Mind Flayer business. And how large are the armies we're talking here?

As for being 50x more powerful, I'd like to see that. I'd like to see scans proving every elf can lift 10-20 tons, move Mach 2-2.5, eat grenades for breakfast, and etc. Because it sounds like this number is either purely hyperbole, or completely crap.

Whoops, meant could kill 50 regular men, which has already happened.

Mind Flayers do the same thing, yet drow seem to have no issue fighting them back when they attempt to invade. I also have yet to see any of these supposed feats from these riders.

There are no feats, Floopay. Galbatorix killed them all. All we have are the supposed power levels of Oromis-elda and Glaedir, and the fact that Eragon is maybe 10% as powerful as an average Dragon Rider before the fall.

Also I have yet to see any feats from your Mind Flayers.

With one word.

The Hulk is more powerful than all of them, yet Havok was able to siphon the gamma radiation right out of him. Just because you're powerful, doesn't mean you have any defenses against being depowered, which it clearly looks like he lacked.

"This guy beat a bunch of other people? Well pssh they clearly had no defense against it."

"They had defenses? Pssh well clearly not good enough because he got through."

"These people have power? Pssh I guess they don't have defenses."

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? This isn't benefiting you at ALL! You're just going in complete circles with a lack of logic, and it looks AWFUL!

So he can cancel all magic tied to that ancient language? How is that useful against Weave magic which has no such restrictions? That's like saying Gromph should have completely domination over Spawn because he knows his true name, even though Hellspawn in the Spawn Universe carry no such restrictions on their demons. Just because one universe has a big red self destruct button on their abilities, doesn't mean another universe does.

Here we go.

"Your magic isn't the same as mine."

Maybe your magic doesn't affect mine. Maybe your magic doesn't exist in this universe. Maybe all your characters will turn into frogs when they come onto Earth.

Bottom Line?

Nobody knows what will happen.

But if we sit here arguing semantics all day, the voters are just going to flip a coin.

Why do you think they don't have any defense against it, Floopay? They've all turned back mind probes. When Eragon first encountered Arya, he was telepathically able to dominate a man to do whatever he wanted, and she was in a COMA.

Yet when he attempted to attack her, he was attacking a giant sphere of metal, his mind ruthlessly parsed through.

I have no idea why you're repeating the same argument that I already rebuked.

I just showed you Galbatorix easily dominating people will defined resistances.

Yes, he does. As does Kenshin, and the army of clowns Maka fought off. My point is Maka has on panel evidence she can turn back attacks against people who have that godly level of resistance. Her power is proven to work against people who function on his level and his level of defense.

Over and above this she can also attack him physically. That's the beauty of Maka, is not only can Soul Eater carry out his adiago, and his rebukes, but Maka can fight simultaneously.

You think Galbatorix can't take physical attacks?

Let me tell you something.

Before the attack on Uru Baen, Eragon was hypothesizing about dropping the enormous multi-million-ton rock shelf above the city on top of it, in the hopes that it would kill Galbatorix.

I believe Blodhgarm laughed and shook his head.

Eragon and Arya have moved hundreds and hundreds of meters in the blink of an eye because they're elves.

Galbatorix overpowers Eragon after Murtagh takes away ALL HIS MAGIC with the Name of the Ancient Language while simultaneously being mindraped because his Eldunari are gone, easily.

Galbatorix is as good with a weapon as Maka is.

Oh, what was it you said?

I feel like people are starting to think Maka is way stronger than she really is...

Strong? Yeah, probably, maybe in the 10-15 ton range.

Durable? Yes, but nowhere near multi-mountain leveling ability. She tanked an attack that could destroy, at best, a city block.

Speed? Mach 1 at best, she herself has stated she doesn't have enough speed to keep up with any of the speedsters in Soul Eater.

Telepathy / Soul Magic - Defensive and very non-aggressive. Maka uses her soul and telepathic abilities almost exclusively in a defensive manner, she prefers using her weapon offensively, and hasn't ever really used her telepathic attacks offensively.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Mmm. Yeah, really sounds powerful compared to the guy who effortlessly kept up with Mach 1+-ers while fending off mental assault and rampaging dragons.

Really, because it looks like she just got his durability and his strength. By your own admission, these were powers he has as a human.

Actually, I specifically said he was strong for a human, but not superpowered.

However, after absorbing his powers...Ult. Rogue was around 100-tonner level.

I see nothing to prove she copied the mystical powers that accompany the Ruby. So again, prove to me she can copy mystical energy, because as of now I just see her copying physical powers, and mutant powers.

You mean other than the MYSTICAL powers of Juggernaut?

No, I'm not using God Cable. I'm using post-god Cable, hence the Dominus Objective and the Cone of Silence. I don't know where you are getting that I"m using Savior Cable who is WAY WAY WAY outside the limits of this tournament.

AHHH

...I don't know anything about this Cable.

Didn't it just go Savior Cable->Depowered Cable? Who's the Cable who takes Nukes?

Scans:

I can't copy paste links. My feats aren't looked up online, they are scans from my own private book collection. But I described what happened. Powerful dispel magic abilities were used, and rather than destroying anything, they were all absorbed by Gromph's front line of magic defenses. That's what they do. No matter how powerful the spell, they absorb it all and disperse. The ultimate defense against anti-magic attacks.

Can you, like, upload the photos to say photobucket or imageshack and then copy-paste the link?

B/c I just can't open the photos. I went to your uploaded photos as well and tried from there, but de nada.

1. I have no doubt he's powerful, but I think you are drastically underestimating the century old wizard's with godly levels of experience in fighting against the things in Galbatorix's arsenal. If anything, you are underestimating the mages I have present. I have provided several scans proving my team's defenses and counters to magic and telepathic assault, yet your claim has simply ben "Galbatorix is better, therefore he wins" with no evidence to the contrary.

Incorrect. I'm sure your mages are vastly competent.

The reason I chose Galbatorix is because it doesn't matter HOW GOOD YOU ARE when you know the Name of the Ancient Language.

Eragon himself admitted anyone who knew the Name could walk into Du Weldenvarden and cause a war to break out.

Murtagh, infinitely less powerful than Galbatorix, used the Name and depowered Galbatorix so Eragon could pull some plot bullcrap and beat him.

The Name CANCELS OUT the ancient language.

1. In his universe where there is no defense against such things, that may be true. However, in D&D Wizard's actually have defenses against anti-magic fields, anti-magic attacks, magical depowering, and dispelling magic. You're making an assumption that D&D carries an inherent null resistance to magic that they do not.

You think there's no defense against draining magic?

In a series...about MAGIC?!

The characters fight using magic all the time! There's tons of wards and anti-wards and anti-anti-wards and dispels!

But the Name ISN'T THAT. It grants the user the power to do ANYTHING.

1. Based on what? Doom (By Stark, Reed Richards, Amadeus Cho I believe, and a few others), Kang (by Reed Richards), Master of Worlds, and etc. have all been hacked into on multiple occasions. Yet when Cable was living on Providence, all the best efforts of all the best minds on Earth proved unable to hack into his celestial technology. That's a fact.

Scans? Proof that Providence is Celestial tech?

Do you recall anyone hacking into GALACTUS? No? Looks like Cyborg Guardians alone there...

1. Based on what? I've already proven Cable can hold back electromagnetism (nuclear meltdown), and his shields are electromagnetic in nature actually. He's protecting my team, and I have yet to see why the members of your team wouldn't succumb to the Dominus Objective hacking into their brains. Remember, that's not a telepathic assault, that's technopathic, something none of your team has any defenses against. Proven to be capable of getting past Deadpool's mental defenses, which were sufficient enough to block out Emma Frost and Savior Cable's attempt to even detect him.

The hell is the Dominus Objective? I already told you I can't see your scans.

Also, I'd like to point out that you think a nuclear meltdown is electromagnetic in nature. It's radioactive fallout...the isotopes pass through our cells similar to free radicals and damage them.

TL;DR

1) I have no idea what Floopay is trying to do on the magic/telepathy front, but it doesn't make any sense. Galbatorix's Name cancels out all magic, and his telepathic defenses and attacks are godly, just like Maka's.

2) Cyborg Guardian's electromagnetic shields/attacks will OHKO his team, he's weathered physical assaults from Galactus and OHKO'd Galactus when incredibly powerful superheroes didn't even phase him

3) Cyborg Guardian can hack Cable, he's never not been able to hack people going all the way up to Galactus

4) Black Bolt and Ult. Rogue are still there, still doing insane amounts of damage to his team.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Floopay

@thedarklordpandamonium:

I'm not gonna provide scans today, if this isn't open to voting tomorrow when I get on at night (moving tomorrow, and really early so I'm going to bed after this post), I will post scans to clarify my points if you still want them. Though by your own admittance you can't see them anyway it seems. So maybe summarizations will be better, I dunno.

Galbatorix controls cities. Alagaesia is supposedly the size of hawaii in comparison to the rest of the world in the Inheritance Cycle.

This is a quote from you in another thread.

Kishin's ability affects entire continents around the world. This was confirmed in the manga when they talked about South America falling under control, as well as several countries, cities etc.

Over and above this his madness was spreading to DMWA characters, and affecting them. So this was, in fact, working against people with defined resistances.

Arachne was also affecting an area at least as large as a small city. Affecting DWMA students, her own troops, Medusa (who is incredibly resistant), and others who have defined resistances as well, but Maka was able to turn that attack back on the user.

"This guy beat a bunch of other people? Well pssh they clearly had no defense against it."

"They had defenses? Pssh well clearly not good enough because he got through."

"These people have power? Pssh I guess they don't have defenses."

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS? This isn't benefiting you at ALL! You're just going in complete circles with a lack of logic, and it looks AWFUL!

My point is there isn't much in the way of resistance. Someone resisted their mind being read, but a full on mind rape was still super effective. That's my point.

I'm just asking for something that proves they had a level of resistance to show they could hold back an attack from someone who could mind rape a city if they wanted to. Because anything less than that just won't do.

From my understanding, they had a list of magical defenses to protect them against these sorts of attacks, but once those defenses were breached they went down with ease. Except for the other person you're posting who resisted basic telepathy, but was easily mind raped by someone who can affect a small island.

Maka is able to hold back the mental assaults of a guy who affects an entire hemisphere, and then go so far as to affect that person with her own attacks, as shown in the most recent comics:

There's a lot of inconsistency in your statements. First he's a world level telepath who easily dominates the minds of everyone on the planet, including these dragon riders. Then, someone who is 10% as strong as a dragon rider defeats him, or fights him?

And now he can only affect an island that's supposed to be about the size of Hawaii. I mean, that's powerful telepathy, don't get me wrong, but that's only about 1/6,000th as powerful as you initially claimed (assuming the population in that book series is the same as modern Earth).

So there's just a lot of inconsistency in your claims, which makes gauging his power level hard to do.

You think Galbatorix can't take physical attacks?

Let me tell you something.

Before the attack on Uru Baen, Eragon was hypothesizing about dropping the enormous multi-million-ton rock shelf above the city on top of it, in the hopes that it would kill Galbatorix.

I believe Blodhgarm laughed and shook his head.

Eragon and Arya have moved hundreds and hundreds of meters in the blink of an eye because they're elves.

Galbatorix overpowers Eragon after Murtagh takes away ALL HIS MAGIC with the Name of the Ancient Language while simultaneously being mindraped because his Eldunari are gone, easily.

Galbatorix is as good with a weapon as Maka is.

Oh, what was it you said?

This is where Maka has a lot of advantages. Her attacks don't actually have to physically harm him at all, she can strike directly through all his physical defenses and hack away at his very being with her attacks.

Though I need to see something to gauge his power level, but Maka is more skilled than you might think.

A brief demonstration:

This isn't well known about Maka, but she's actually the tutor and demonstrator for the new students. She shows a brief demonstration on the precision of her skills, and how her weapon is moved more through will, than through physical prowess.

Soul Hack

Maka easily handles a few dozen Clowns on her own, who are all at least half the speed of sound by the way, with little difficulty, and then blasts a bunch with a few constructs she's taken control of via Soul Hack.

This is also a good showing of how she can operate multiple skills at once. At this point, she's fending off the Madness Wavelength to protect a few dozen people, she's controlling several constructs simultaneously, she's fighting, she's blasting with the constructs (which are operate by her, not automatically), and she's not showing any signs of strain.

So I'm not joking when I say she can handle multiple things simultaneously

Maka vs.

Clown Bot

Okay, I know I've stated these things have a lot of resistances to her attacks. But here I'm going to prove how powerful they really are, these are the things she's owning in the previous list of scans I've shown you.

At one point, this thing throws 10 projectiles, which bounce around at hypersonic speed (based on the fact that they can all bounce across multiple surfaces and redirect themselves back at Maka in the time it takes her to move, roughly, 0.75 feet). A few actually do hit her, but they are assaulting her from all sides. They don't do any real damage (which they are more powerful than a bullet, as they are chipping stone with ease) to her, and she eventually redirects them back at her opponent.

She then blocks, deflects, and dodges beam attacks, projectiles with uncontrolled flight paths, machine gun fire, and multiple melee attacks. All of which she does with relative ease.

It's stated that he's immune to Witch Hunter, a soul/physical attack that can rip through steel with ease, and be projected a few dozen meters if she wants. However, she is able to evolve into the Warlock Hunter, and cut through his telepathic assault and blow him to bits.

Strong? Yeah, probably, maybe in the 10-15 ton range.

Durable? Yes, but nowhere near multi-mountain leveling ability. She tanked an attack that could destroy, at best, a city block.

Speed? Mach 1 at best, she herself has stated she doesn't have enough speed to keep up with any of the speedsters in Soul Eater.

Telepathy / Soul Magic - Defensive and very non-aggressive. Maka uses her soul and telepathic abilities almost exclusively in a defensive manner, she prefers using her weapon offensively, and hasn't ever really used her telepathic attacks offensively.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

A quote from me, so here's some clarifications on that:

Strength : Yes, 10-15 tons. But combined with her ability to increase her striking power, and coat herself in Black Blood, she essentially becomes Spider Man with a vibranium body / weapon. So she's not joke in striking power.

Durability: Yeah, that's about right. She can tank a city block destroying attack with only a small wound. Proportionately, more powerful attacks should do more damage to her, but she can tank about City Block leveling attacks before she becomes injured.

Speed: Still true, she herself states that she needs the help of Death and Black Star to keep up with Kishin

Telepathy / Soul Magic: I have yet to provide any real offensive attacks, and have stated that they are defensive. The only reason she does damage back at your team is because she rebukes the attack back at the caster, just like she did Arachne. Essentially, the power of his own attack is carried back at him. Same with Adiago, it's not offensive, it's defensive. It pacifies the opponent and stops them from attacking by calming them.

In the most recent chapter, she pretty easily walked into the Kishin's body, found Crona, and then walked out and defeated Kishin by resonating her soul with her allies (something she can do here btw).

Then her defeating him:

Durability:

Here is where she tanks a city busting level attack and gets back up with only a small bruise on her shoulder. The attack hit her in an unprotected part of her body (by the black blood dress), something to be noted:

Kishin Hunter

Powerful enough to cut through Black Blood, which is practically indestructible up to this point. Tanks repeated blows from Black Star before cracking, yet Maka slices through it in the last couple chapters:

Scans? Proof that Providence is Celestial tech?

The hell is the Dominus Objective? I already told you I can't see your scans.

Also, I'd like to point out that you think a nuclear meltdown is electromagnetic in nature. It's radioactive fallout...the isotopes pass through our cells similar to free radicals and damage them.

Destruction of atoms is something electromagnetic by definition, just to clarify.

Messiah Complex Cable

This version of Cable is depowered, technically. He looks for methods to replace the telepathy and the telekinesis that he lost from the Savior Cable incident.

Dominus Objective:

The Dominus Objective is somewhere between technopathy and telepathy. It allows Cable access to any information broadcasted in any capacity. Whether it's broadcasted through radio waves, from one computer to the next, saved in a file, etc. etc. Essentially, anything electronically stored is free access to him. However, he can also use it to forcibly put information into someone's brain. Because it's technopathic by nature, it is unaffected by telepathic resistances (hence why it can affect Deadpool).

Cable disables every guard in (and around) the White House by forcibly downloading the library archives of the Supreme Court or something into their brains, causing them to black out while their brain processes the information.

Cone of Silence

It's actually a powerful gravimetic shield designed to keep him, a few class 100s, and a bunch of other people sealed on Providence so they can never escape. However, Cable steals it, and alters it so that it can essentially be used to create hard-light barriers. This allows him to make a shield around himself that can deflect bullets and etc. with ease.

He's shown the ability to catch dozens of bullets mid-flight with this shield, and has lifted every human being, and every vehicle inside and outside of the white house simultaneously. He also has shown the ability to create a shield powerful enough to contain a nuclear reactor exploding and funnel all of the radioactive fallout into the stratosphere.

Providence

Providence is this: http://marvel.wikia.com/Providence_(Island)

Celestial Tech: This comes from Nathan's original Time Travelling Ship (which he gave to Apocalypse, though technically Cable came to Apocalypse on Apocalypse's ship which was given to him by Cable. It's a very complicated situation, and requires a lot of time traveling shenanigans... :P). Cable runs Providence via a sentient computer program from Apocalypse's Celestial Ship known as the Professor. The Professor is pretty much responsible for nobody ever being able to hack into Providence while it stands.

If you wanna read more about it, it's mentioned in Cable & Deadpool 42. Cable looks at the Professor almost as a sort of father figure, as it did pretty much raise him for awhile.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

I'll reply tomorrow.

I think the debate's more or less done after my next post and your next.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium:

Incorrect. I'm sure your mages are vastly competent.

The reason I chose Galbatorix is because it doesn't matter HOW GOOD YOU ARE when you know the Name of the Ancient Language.

Eragon himself admitted anyone who knew the Name could walk into Du Weldenvarden and cause a war to break out.

Murtagh, infinitely less powerful than Galbatorix, used the Name and depowered Galbatorix so Eragon could pull some plot bullcrap and beat him.

The problem I have with accepting this isn't so much the differences between universes. Usually I actually don't argue the whole "well that doesn't exist in the other universe, so therefore it can't work" like people do with Flash and the Speed Force, and other crap.

But it seems like magic is vastly different in both universes. The Ancient Language seems to be directly tied to magic in the Eragon universe, by your own admittance. The problem with that, is the Ancient Language isn't tied to the Weave in any capacity. Both are magic, but one set of magic is tied to the dragons, tied to artifacts and specific tongues. The magic in that universe is closer to scrolls, artifacts, and other items in D&D.

The Ancient Language might cancel all the activation effects on all the artifacts Gromph and Dyrr have (Buckler, Staff of Power, Scrolls, Wands, Insignias, etc.), but it doesn't seem like it'd actually stop them from accessing the Weave. It might wink out all the magic defenses they've conjured, but I see no reason why it would mindrape them, drain their life force, drain their energy, or wipe their access to the Weave, which is what it NEEDS to do in order to stop them.

This particular statement is what I'm talking about. It cancels out the ancient language, a SPECIFIC form of magic. It's not a general attack against a broad spectrum of abilities. It's a specific attack against a specific power source.

This would be like the Turtle's ability to negatively affect the speed force. It would be useless against someone like Quicksilver who doesn't tap into the speed force.

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Over and above this I'd like to see it vibrate across multiple planes of existence. That's the thing with Dyrr, and why his consciousness is nigh impossible to affect. His physical body, his mind, and his consciousness are spread across three separate places.

Feats for Mind Flayers

Again, I'm not taking pictures and uploading them tonight, I'm just too tired. You said you can't read them anyway, so here's a link and some other information and sourcing.

Syrzan - Alhoon - The Alhoon is a Mind Flayer, which means he's an extremely powerful psionicist. He's also a wizard, and a powerful one at that. And above all this, he's also a lich, like Dyrr. He enslaves multiple rogue drow, and then conquers a host of goblins, goblinoids (orcs, hobgoblins, bugbears, gnolls, etc.), ogres, giants, and animals via telepathic intrusion. He then turns them all against their masters in an attempt to take over the city. He fails to dominate Pharaun, who is Gromph's inferior (not by much, but lacks a good deal of Gromph's protections), though he does leave him pretty mindless. Though Pharaun is still able to cast.

Exile - Second book in the Dark Elf Legacy. The Mindflayers in this are known for taking over hosts of Duergar, Drow, Bugbears, Animals, Goblinoids, and so much more. Any one single mind flayer can conquer, dominate (complete submission, they can't even think on their own, their minds and memories are replaced with whatever the mind flayers wants them to think) 20+ creatures and keep them in it's hold to do as it commands. Their leader (sort of a metroid, motherbrain sort of thing) dominates all the mind flayers, and also can hold complete control of hundreds to thousands of slaves simultaneously.

Yharaskrik - General Mindflayer - No domination feats from him. However, Kimmuriel Oblodra flat out states that this thing is a superior psionicist to him. Kimmuriel can fully resist the call of an artifact that can enslave multiple cities with it's power (detailing that later), and conquer armies. He can link the minds of several dozen allies, while simultaneously protecting his own. He can dominate minds completely, possess bodies, and so much more. So when Yharaskrik, who also resists said artifact, is stated to be much more powerful, it's no small statement.

Crenshinibon - Created by seven liches. This thing was able to dominate an entire palace under it's own power, as well as suede the mind of Jarlaxle while Jarlaxle had his eyepatch on. Not even Yharaskrik or Kimmuriel had any hopes of reading Jarlaxle's mind or project thoughts into his mind while he had that thing on. I know, corrupting one city isn't overly impressive. However, in the Crystal Shard, this thing draws in several armies of barbarians, orcs, goblinoids, frost giants, yetis, animals, and etc. All of them traveling across the northern continent to meet and serve this one artifact. It is then placed in a new location, and begins dominating more cities with it's power and it's call. The worst part, is anyone who resists it's call, is instantly labelled a traitor by all those under it's spell, and the people under it's spell will seek to destroy anyone with that label. It's a really really nasty artifact, that gets more and more powerful the more powerful the wielder. Jarlaxle could have made that thing impossibly powerful, but he was able to resist it to some degree, and it was taken away from him eventually.

It could also affect Artemis Entreri with Charon's Claw. Again, an ancient artifact said capable of stopping any and all attempts at psionic his direction. I can call forth a few more powerful telepaths if you'd like, if you need more proof.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Honestly, this could go to voting whenever, I'm probably not going to be on tomorrow, and if I do it won't be until late. I'm in the process of moving atm, and I'll be moving all day tomorrow as far as I know.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Telepathy

Galbatorix has mindraped Arya, Eragon, Saphira, dozens of Eldunari, and Murtagh+Thorn and dozens of Eldunari, all at once and with the greatest of ease.

Telepathic resistances don't come from magical wards, they come from training in telepathy. Even without any magic (as shown in the excerpts I provided) the rag-tag bunch of heroes could still attack Galbatorix telepathically, for all the good that it did.

Eragon was only able to defeat Galbatorix by plot magic, the Empathy Spell (think Penance Stare from Ghost Rider, Harry's Remorse Attack in Harry Potter, or Images of Ikonn).

Arya, the weakest one in the bunch, could easily manipulate an entire large prison (as shown, she had to be drugged or she'd mindrape the entire prison).

Each Eldunari was capable of exerting mental control over large portions of a city, and Eragon had dozens as did Murtagh.

The High Priest of Helgrind was exerting mental dominance over an entire city, but Blodhgarm said he was nothing to Galbatorix.

A full-power Dragon Rider is supposed to be able to control a city (mentioned by Oromis when Eragon was asking about them) and Galbatorix was able to curbstomp them all once he got his Eldunari and was constantly keeping mental dominance over 12-13 of them.

In order to menace Du Weldenvarden he had to have scrying stations, places to project his power out of because of some random crap that I don't remember. Sorry about that, just looked it up.

However, he was easily exerting mental dominance over millions...range =/= power.

No Caption Provided

That would be Alagaesia in comparison to Hawaii...I lost the original comparison I had and can't find it anywhere, but that's close enough lawl.

Alagaesia, however, contains millions and millions of people.

While I understand that Maka has been able to reflect attacks on his level, in your own tournament you ruled that soul attacks = telepathy and given that Galbatorix has deflected incredible mental assaults, they're basically tied.

CONCLUSION: IT'S A STALEMATE

Magic

The Name of Names, Name of the Ancient Language, doesn't JUST have dominance over the Ancient Language. It was also shown to have an effect on magic before the Ancient Language itself was created (affecting the Dauthdaerta).

The Ancient Language is just a way of controlling magic via speaking.

The only weakness of the Name of Names is that it ONLY AFFECTS VERBAL MAGIC.

I'm not sure whether or not your wizards possess nonverbal magic, because in all the excerpts I see 'muttering a curse' 'chanting' 'incantation'...if they do, then we're at a stalemate since Galbatorix easily has enough energy to withstand the destruction of the entire continent according to Queen Izlandazi.

If they can't do nonverbal magic or don't do it on a regular basis, then I win on the magic front.

Also if the only way to affect Dyrr is by killing his physical body and no magic could ever hurt him, then we're at a stalemate.

You've also dropped the Ult. Rogue point (wisely) so...yeah, Ult. Rogue copying Galbatorix's powers means my magical power is DOUBLED here. So it's either a stalemate if your chars can't be hurt or can do nvbl magic, or a win on this front if they have to speak.

CONCLUSION: EITHER ALL HIS MAGIC IS USELESS OR IT'S A STALEMATE (READ ABOVE)

Technopathy

It seems to me like Cable's technotelepathy is coming via Providence...and I quite doubt we're having this fight in a universe that contains Providence, because that would be 616 Marvel and I'd get Attilan and other crazy things would occur.

Basically if Cable's technotelepathy is only because of the Celestial tech on Providence, he can't use it, and it seems like it is.

It also seems as though Cable only got this tech because of weird shenanigans, and I'm going to have to put Cyborg Guardian hacking Galactus over Cable not being able to hack a nuke.

CONCLUSION: CABLE'S TECHNOPATHY WILL NOT WORK

Energy Attacks

As impressive as the Cone of Silence is, Cable was struggling to hold back a radioactive fallout (which is not electromagnetic), but Cyborg Guardian OHKO'd a Galactus who was only getting annoyed by the collective attacks of:

-Hercules (we all know how powerful he is)

-Sersi (yep, the matter manipulator)

-Quasar (we all know how powerful he is)

-Windshear (...not that impressive. but still.)

-Box IV Maddison Jeffries (pretty powerful)

-Guardian II (sucky. but still.)

-Vision (yep, you know him)

All these mid-high tier chars were only annoying even a depowered Galactus, and then Cyborg Guardian OHKO'd him.

It's also worth noting that the only proof we have that he was depowered is that he had to use physical attacks instead of energy blasts...his shields were still up, and I believe Cyborg Guardian's shields tanked a physical hit from Galactus, which is probably > nuke.

You've also got Black Bolt and Ult. Rogue attacking the Cone of Silence...

...yeah, it's going to fall pretty quickly, and then the rest of your characters are toast!

It's also worth mentioning that your characters can't move outside of the Cone of Silence, meaning you have to stay inside the shield and you can't really attack.

CONCLUSION: I CAN GET PAST HIS DEFENSES AND DESTROY FLOOPAY'S TEAM

Physical Defense

As impressive as I admit Maka is, and her durability, my characters are...well, harder faster strong better.

Cyborg Guardian can pretty easily just electromagnetically teleport away from her if she gets close.

There's no way Maka's going to hurt someone on Rogue's durability level, which is above the limits of destructive power in the tournament, without using Kishin Hunter (which is a city-block-busting attack, and thus outside the limits of the tournament).

Black Bolt is also damn powerful, considering we know by Newton's 3rd that since his voice doesn't move him back he has to be able to withstand the force of his own voice, even at full power, which is...you know, continent-planet busting. There's no way Maka's going to be able to hurt him.

Galbatorix's durability is also off the charts, and Maka's soul attacks don't just bypass physical shields. Her lower-level soul attacks don't just go through the earth and keep on going; sure they can rip through steel or city blocks, but Galbatorix's durability is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above that.

CONCLUSION: MAKA CANNOT HURT MY TEAM

So all in all, we have:

-Telepathy is a stalemate

-Magic is either a stalemate or I win

-Cable's technopathy doesn't function in this round

-My attacks can easily bypass Cable's shields

-Maka can't do anything to my team

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pokergeist

Voting

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: How disappointing. Your strategy here isn't nearly as brilliant as the one you pulled on me. :(

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

hmm, you both did amazing

but I gotta go with @floopay

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium Gets my vote, Dat Galbatorix.

Although floops did counter him nicely. i felt he didn't cover everybody as nicely.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to Floopay. Maka Albarn trumps all D:

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Floopay

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to @thedarklordpandamonium, I preferred his argument over Floopay's. Floopay did make some valid points(such as Galbatorix not being able to cancel his teams magic due to the large differences between the two) but I was more convinced by TDLP.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

goddammit man

Galbatorix's Name of Names affected Niernen, the Dauthdart, which was enchanted specifically not by the Ancient Language

i.e. the Name of Names doesn't only affect the Ancient Language, but other types of magic as well

(yes, I understand you're voting for me, but this is one of the biggest misconceptions about the Eragon-verse)

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By NighThunder

Grathhhhhhhh you both were truly magnificent , both obviously skilled debators and because of that I can decide so I'll do eny meny miny mo . Floopay

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Yes, however I have read that. You did not bring up examples of this(unless I missed it) to bring up against Floopay, which makes what Floopay stated a more valid statement. I'm supposed to vote on who I thought made the better debate, not which team I think would win :p

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

•=• ok fine let me get back to you

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both did amazing, but gotta vote for Dark.