• 174 results
jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@koshi_waza88 said:

@jwwprod: yeah last night had a glimpse it look like the protoss were outnumbers big time and up against a more diverse force - while the force is still more diverse i am sober enough to do the calculation and its equal numbers :P (my bad). I cant really make a fair judgement because i don't know the other race i only know protoss but if they close in with there ground troops they should decimate which is also why i figured they had been given less numbers so what i really meant to say was i vote protoss so long as they can close in on there targets quickly enough its typically two terren marines to barely drop one protoss zealot if they don't fire straight away and retreat keeping a distance.

Yea I made this even numbered because if this was an all out war between these two armies then it would probably be a mismatch.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@jwwprod:

• 2 Chaos Sorcerers from the Thousand Sons Legion.

Specify the power of these two guys and i can tell if chaos takes a slim majority or stomps.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Specify the power of these two guys and i can tell if chaos takes a slim majority or stomps.

These are just low-normal tier sorcerers.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Ou, ouch.

I'd say chaos wins anyway.... but you've signed in world eaters.

Great in Cqc....... but terrible in strategies....

I'll give 40k a very slight margin....

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Ou, ouch.

These are Word Bearers that are being used not World Eaters, (Eliphas should have been an obvious hint).

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Ou, ouch.

These are Word Bearers that are being used not World Eaters, (Eliphas should have been an obvious hint).

Did not check the pics...

Ok, ok.

I'll give the win to the Protoss out of pure bias(less favorite legion)

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Ou, ouch.

Ok, ok.

No Caption Provided

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Pierpat

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod said:

@pierpat said:

@jwwprod:

Ou, ouch.

Ok, ok.

No Caption Provided

Hey..... they're emotional interior instability and need of believing in a greater power led the 40k universe to be the mess it is now

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

LS1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What keeps the Word Bearers mass spamming demons? That is their favorite tactic. Also what keeps Protoss being mass mutated by the various magic of Tzeentch or Nurgle worshippers?

Chaos wins pretty handily IMO.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ls1111: Because there are only two sorcerers who are Thousand Sons 'Low Tier' which means... mid tier, but summoning Daemons isn't easy. It requires either a powerful psyker or time to set up rituals.You are right that they will be summoning some kind of daemons, lesser ones, and Cultist will be sacrificed.

It is highly unlikely they will summon a large amount of Daemons or that they will be able to summon a Daemon Prince or Greater Daemons, to do that requires a warp storm, a large ritual to destabilize the planets connection to the materium, or a powerful psyker.

LS1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: While Greater Demons and DPs are not a option, the summoning of Demons is easy in Books and Novels, espicially with the numbers used here for worshippers. Video Game and even Book lore shown you do not need to sacrifice cultist or such to summon demons only, you can achieve the same affect by killing your foes and taking their skulls to summon Khorn Demons without sacrificing any of your own. Thats been done before. Same for Nurgle if any CSMs (does not have to be psykers at all) worship Nurgle in mass. They can summon Nurgle demons from the bodies of the slain.

Psykers and Warp storms are not the only forms of Demon summoning in books and games.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Wut

@ls1111: Video Games, such as Dawn of War, is terrible to use. In fact, I would point out in Dawn of War one they only summoned the Bloodthirster as the Warp Storm was drawing near and tearing the planet apart thus saturating it with warp energy. In Dawn of War two, the planet had just come out of a Warp Storm and there is, in fact, a mission where they succeed in opening up a stable warp portal in order to get daemons out.

In Traitors Hand, they had to do numerous complex rituals in specific locations on the planet to summon a minor Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

Summoning Daemons is not easy, keeping them stable is even harder. (Khorne Daemons are unlikely to be summoned by Tzeentch Sorcerers. Like... very, very, very slim chance. Nurgle daemons even less so.) Every second a daemon is on the materium realm it has to fight to hold its form. Most lesser daemons can only stay for a few hours, at most, and that is assuming the warp is plentiful on the planet. Most of the times they appear in the novel is either due to A. An Artifact, B. A ritual that is going on, or C. A Warp Storm. This is why possession is preferable. Makes the daemons far more stable.

If you are talking about the Doubtworm, that is not something two sorcerers can do from the fly especially since neither of which are Nurgle, in fact, they are the opposite Tzeentch who doesn't get along with Nurgle. At all.

LS1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By LS1111

@wut: Your missing the point. You do not need to be a Psyker at all to summon Deamons. We seen this ALOT in the Word Bearer novels. Non psychic Word Bearers including the main Word Bearer Chaos Lord captain Marduk was able to summon demons by himself with just his connection to the Warp as a non psyker. It is shown in CSM codex as well when a Chaos Lord (not Sorceror) used the dead bodies on his follwers to summon a large demon army against Space Marines.

Why you keep mentioning the Psykers is beyond me as Word Bearers specailise in Demon summoning even in game terms of the lore. If this was Night Lords, Iron Warriors, ect you have a great point. Word Beares by novels and codex (CSM 3.5 edition for example) have special Demon summoning abilities without the use of Psychics or warp storms.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your missing the point. You do not need to be a Psyker at all to summon Deamons. We seen this ALOT in the Word Bearer novels. Non psychic Word Bearers including the main Word Bearer Chaos Lord captain Marduk was able to summon demons by himself with just his connection to the Warp as a non psyker. It is shown in CSM codex as well when a Chaos Lord (not Sorceror) used the dead bodies on his follwers to summon a large demon army against Space Marines.

Psykers have the easiest time summoning Daemons which is why I was referring to them. Sorcerers are the most adept at summoning daemons as well as keeping them around longer thanks to pacts they make with them.

A Chaos Lord blessed by the Gods =/= Normal Chaos Space Marines. The only Lord here is Eliphas, and he has never shown the capability to do such (You also need to provide the quote in order to prove it wasn't due to a ritual, artifact, or because the Immaterium was spilling over). Do you understand why killing large amounts of people can cause daemons to appear? Because it weakens the border between the Immaterium and the materium allowing daemons to cross over. Daemons do not just pop out because they want to. CSM wanting Daemons to come out does not make them come out. That isn't how it works.

As for Nurgle Plague Zombies, are you talking about Typhus? Because he is a Sorcerer and is renowned for spamming those. Not something Eliphas has ever shown the ability to do

Why you keep mentioning the Psykers is beyond me as Wprd Bearers specilise in Demon summoning even in game terms of the lore. Period.

What are you talking about? You realize Word Bearers have Psykers right? Are you talking about Apostles now?

Normal people use rituals to summon demons. Or artifacts. Or a warp rift opens. Normal people and CSM don't just snap their fingers and, poof, daemons.

If this was Night Lords, Iron Warriors, ect you have a great point. Word Beares by novels and codex (CSM 3.5 edition for example) have special Demon summoning abilities without the use of Psychics or warp storms.

Again, if there are no psykers involved then it is either A. Artifact. B. Warp Storm. C. Ritual.

LS1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By LS1111

@wut:

Psykers have the easiest time summoning Daemons which is why I was referring to them. Sorcerers are the most adept at summoning daemons as well as keeping them around longer thanks to pacts they make with them.

no kidding :)

A Chaos Lord blessed by the Gods =/= Normal Chaos Space Marines. The only Lord here is Eliphas, and he has never shown the capability to do such (You also need to provide the quote in order to prove it wasn't due to a ritual, artifact, or because the Immaterium was spilling over). Do you understand why killing large amounts of people can cause daemons to appear? Because it weakens the border between the Immaterium and the materium allowing daemons to cross over. Daemons do not just pop out because they want to. CSM wanting Daemons to come out does not make them come out. That isn't how it works.

Yes and no. Killing on a large scale never weakens the borders of reality for Orks, IG, Tau, Necrons, ect. The main reason for Demon summoning is that death of that scale must be directe towards the gods attention, thus worshippers which can be normal humans or Chaos Marines. There must be somone/thing to direct the Demons to a area, but rituals of something as simple as mass slaughter and some chanting have shown in 40K lore of novels, codexes, and games can summon large mass of demons. It has happen before.

As for Nurgle Plague Zombies, are you talking about Typhus? Because he is a Sorcerer and is renowned for spamming those. Not something Eliphas has ever shown the ability to do

No I am not. I know typhus is a psyker lol.

What are you talking about? You realize Word Bearers have Psykers right? Are you talking about Apostles now?

Im talking about Apostles and Chaos empowered beings. Also simple worshipers (normal CSM or Cultist) aloke with no Psy powers can and have summon demons. codex allows this as well with Icons :/ Its all been done.

Normal people use rituals to summon demons. Or artifacts. Or a warp rift opens. Normal people and CSM don't just snap their fingers and, poof, daemons.

no crap. I never said that lol.

Again, if there are no psykers involved then it is either A. Artifact. B. Warp Storm. C. Ritual.

Rituals is what i been discussing most of this argument, and alot of rituals are shown to be preform pretty easy in the middle of battles with Word Bearers, as well at times other Chaos forces. Its a factor.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and no. Killing on a large scale never weakens the borders of reality for Orks, IG, Tau, Necrons, ect. The main reason for Demon summoning is that death of that scale must be directe towards the gods attention, thus worshippers which can be normal humans or Chaos Marines. There must be somone/thing to direct the Demons to a area, but rituals of something as simple as mass slaughter and some chanting have shown in 40K lore of novels, codexes, and games can summon large mass of demons. It has happen before.

Orks do not give anything to Chaos. They never have, and they never will. Neither do the Tau or the Necrons. All three of them are 'dead' to Chaos. Imperial Guard have, and do, get corrupted from being in massive massacres and battles.

Mass slaughter is a ritual which is what is needed, but again, the ritual to summon such daemons will not sustain the daemons for very long unless the planet is suddenly filled with more warp energy which, again, is what I described. For Daemons to be stable, they need large amounts of warp energy there shouldn't be enough to sustain a large amount of daemons for long. You would be looking at a period of a few hours.

The times when there are a massive amount of daemons has millions of beings, on planet side, killing each other and the civilians on it.

No I am not. I know typhus is a psyker lol.

The only other time I remember something like that happening is Mortarion sent diseased orks at an Imperium world and their bodies exploded into nurglings. Mortarion, being a Daemon Primarch, would not... really... be a useful example.

Im talking about Apostles and Chaos empowered beings. Also simple worshipers (normal CSM or Cultist) aloke with no Psy powers can and have summon demons. codex allows this as well with Icons :/ Its all been done.

Done with rituals. Again, people without psyker power can summon daemons through rituals, but they cannot do so on the fly. The people in Traitors Hand who summoned the Daemon Prince(ss) were normal non-psyker cultist, but it was an extensive ritual.

Apostles constantly, and often, use rituals....

no crap. I never said that lol.

Yet you are talking as if these guys can despite no one here, besides the Thousand Son Sorcerers, being capable of doing so without a ritual.

Rituals is what i been discussing most of this argument, and alot of rituals are shown to be preform pretty easy in the middle of battles with Word Bearers, as well at times other Chaos forces. Its a factor.

No, not really. There isn't enough warp energy here to sustain them. They are not going to be summoning a massive amount of daemons. It isn't going to happen unless they increase the warp energy on the planet first and that isn't going to be easy. Will Daemons make an appearance? Sure, but there are not going to be in massive amount and they aren't staying for long. Enough to cause damage, surely, but they are not the dominate factor.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

chaos ftw

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unsure i want to say protoss i feel that their weapons are overall better and more effective. I'm still unsure sadly D:.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Legion > Starcraft Universe

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers