Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne) vs Aquaman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PapaMidnite
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Professor Zoom (Eobard Thawne) vs Aquaman

Setting: Fight starts on a beach, let's say California. The beach has population on it, sparse however but still present. Thawne has found it in himself to want to take down other members of the League, other than just Barry, and so he sets his sights on Orin.

Rules:

1. No prep. Random encounter, more or less.

2. Give each character their respect. They both have immense power from what I've seen, and I'd like to have people acknowledge this, not just throwing one person to the side because of favoritism.

3. No battle field removal. No wormholes, trapping in another dimension, no kicking to the sun or any of that crap. It's dumb, and unneeded. No battle field destruction either, so no 'So and so destroys the planet they're standing on for the win.' Also dumb and unneeded. For Thawne, no existence erasing.

4. They are in character. Nothing out of the ordinary for them. No bloodlust. Pure character driven fight here.

5. Battle is to the death.

6. No sneaking up on one another. That's boring and unnecessary. They start within 100 feet of one another, in clear line of sight.

7. While it should go without saying, here goes. No PIS, WIS, or CIS allowed in the battle here. Meaning neither is going to downplay themselves for any reason. This is a battle for their very lives. Let's keep it somewhat plausible.

8. Think through what you post, are you favoring one person more than the other because of bias? If so, tweak and then post. No one word answers. Please, it's just...abhorrent to see.

9. Pre-New 52 versions for both. FIGHT!

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom speedblitzes his head off

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. Of course.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jmarshmallow
Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Proffesor Zoom equals nigh-omnipotent on here, and you put him up against Fish boy; Poor Aquaman...

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Figured Aquaman's telepathic abilities would be able to come into play, unless people are neglecting that completely and just going with, 'he talks to fish, he's pretty dumb'.

Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we are refering to pre-Road to Flashpoint, Professor Zoom would beat him, but he wouldnt stomp. He can render himself invisible, and then proceed to par aquaman with his pretty much infinite speed. And even if he does not use his invisibility, his speed is too much for Aquaman and Aquaman would be down before he knew it. In fact i withdraw what i said, Professor Zoom would stomp.

Road to Flahpoint version would stomp even harder.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i gather zoom stomps

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prof. Zoom easily

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papamidnite: Zoom moves faster than thought and he's capable of scrambling his brainwaves so he can't be TP'ed

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Zoom stomps

If you move faster than light and faster than thought, there aren't many who can beat you

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ariesxmasters

How can Zoom even hurt him? Aquaman has a pretty good invulnerability specially to this guys little punches unless he has Super strength or something that I didn't know about. Once Aquaman hits him which eventually he will Zoom should go down because Zoom doesn't have invulnerability unless he does and I don't know about it.

PapaMidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: I think you're underestimating the power of Zoom's punches. He's moving at an incredible rate of speed. Now if you take a normal punch from someone his height, build, and strength, no that wouldn't hurt Aquaman at all. Durability is way up there yes. But if you factor in all of that, combined with the speed that he uses when attacking, it's multiplied exponentially. In a fight with Wally, every window in a 2 mile radius was shattered from the force of their punches, just as a small indicator of the power they can achieve. If he went with the Infinite Mass Punch, it get's even worse. I recall something about the power of that punch being able to knock someone to another continent. So yes, his punches will hurt Aquaman. Severely.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ariesxmasters

@papamidnite: This is why I say that. Flash and him are pretty close in speed and Flash punched Gorilla Grodd and guys with less invulnerability than Aquaman wasn't really hurting him, and Grodd's Invulnerability is significantly lower than Aquaman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 juiceboks  Moderator

@ariesxmasters: That's New 52 Barry Allen and he's not traveling at lightspeed in either of those instances. Hell in one he didn't even throw a punch. Thawne can and has hurt characters as durable as Arthur with his punches, and he has other options like vibrating his or Arthur's molecules to take him down.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either people are very misinformed about professor zoom and Aquaman or the flash wanks have infected people to say this is a mismatch

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: That's New 52 Barry Allen and he's not traveling at lightspeed in either of those instances. Hell in one he didn't even throw a punch. Thawne can and has hurt characters as durable as Arthur with his punches, and he has other options like vibrating his or Arthur's molecules to take him down.

Right. Heheh sounds like his creator wrote him to be pretty overpowered.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By patrat18
Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@juiceboks said:

Right. Heheh sounds like his creator wrote him to be pretty overpowered.

That's the point. He was meant to give Flash hell.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: @comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

Either people are very misinformed about professor zoom and Aquaman or the flash wanks have infected people to say this is a mismatch

That is what i was like. I was like are they overrating this guy? I was like Aquaman has traded blows and got right back up with guys like Superman and Wonder Woman who are straight powerhouses, guys who if they slapped zoom with even a tiny ounce of their strength his head would fly off. Aquaman could eat bullets easily and while Zoom is way faster than bullets does that constitute him being able to hurt Aquaman really? Bullets could easily kill Barry Or Thawne, I'm not biased at all so please don't mistaje this for that. I like both the characters I'm just trying to figure this match up out.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Professor Zoom is leagues above Arthur - even with Arthur's power & versatility. Arthur might be able to tank a few hits, but not a few thousand.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zoom stomps

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artyom: @comicsrulebutdbzdoes2:

That is what i was like. I was like are they overrating this guy? I was like Aquaman has traded blows and got right back up with guys like Superman and Wonder Woman who are straight powerhouses, guys who if they slapped zoom with even a tiny ounce of their strength his head would fly off. Aquaman could eat bullets easily and while Zoom is way faster than bullets does that constitute him being able to hurt Aquaman really? Bullets could easily kill Barry Or Thawne, I'm not biased at all so please don't mistaje this for that. I like both the characters I'm just trying to figure this match up out.

I'll reply to this when I get home. I'll show you the full extent of PZ's powers. IMO he is far more OP than Flash.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i HATE threads involving speedsters. Why even bother with the debate if all the Flash-wankers are going to come in right away and shit down any argument?

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Lol

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thwane stomps.

Karazyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol what?

ComicMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so zoom would win but not easily as you think. Aqua man controls the sea soa big tital wave would make zoom a little bit slower but your talking about zoomthe fastest reverse man alive.Aqua manalsohas his trident as well as sonar sound (only works in water I belive) so. If aqua manhappend tobe working with Captain Cold then there would be no match for zoom or flash. zoom willtake down aqua man but not so easily, water can slow people down but saying that zoom can also run on water.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

On a normal intance eobard is pretty psychotic, he can drag him to the sahara desert in the blink of an eye, punch his head off. And faster than thoughts is a vague term, different people have different thought speed, telepaths sure have a better thought speed than regular beings, especially the once who can access the minds of thousands in a minutes or even seconds. Anyways eobard still beats him, he once handled barry, jay, barry and max together(flash rebirth).

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last time Professor Zoom and Wally went at it 1V1, their punches were sending shockwaves in a two-mile radius, strong enough to throw cars into the air.

A distracted Thawne even palmed Wally through a building and made him eat it.

Aquaman is not winning this.