Professor Hulk VS Wolverine

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk

VS
VS

Wolverine

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Death/Incapacitation

• Begin visible
  • Begin 10 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm..a case can be made for either one.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 18hunt

Proffesor kills him because he can rip him in half

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@18hunt said:

How can he rip wolverine in half?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@18hunt said:

The same way Ultimate Hulk did it..

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fimftw said:

@jashro44 said:

@18hunt said:

He isn't strong enough to do that. 616 hulk has tried and he couldn't rip wolverines arms off.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@fimftw said:

@jashro44 said:

@18hunt said:

He isn't strong enough to do that. 616 hulk has tried and he couldn't rip wolverines arms off.

I've not read the comic that you're referring to, but it sounds like bad writing to me.

The cartilage, tendons and other miscellaneous sections of Wolverine's shoulders (That aren't bone) couldn't possibly be coated in Adamantium because if they were, he literally wouldn't be able to move and if they weren't Hulk should have no problem tearing his arms clean off.

This also applies to the area where the Coccyx meets the Pelvis, this is why Hulk should be able to rip him in half. The same way Spider-Man did it in Web Of Shadows.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fimftw: Wolverines arms have been attempted to be ripped apart twice. Both times they were tried it didn't work. Its consistent so it doesn't really matter if it does make sense realistically or not as it is consistent.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@fimftw: @18hunt: It isn't a case of bad writing, it just doesn't make sense but in comics things don't necessarily have to. It's at the very least consistent. Hulk, Ba'al (70-80 tonner), and Dracula (has stopped punches from classic Colossus, whom was a 75 tonner) all have tried before. And there are also a few others as well over the decades, but those come to mind first. If someone with super strength could have ripped him in half, they would have by now. But so far they haven't even dislocated a joint yet.

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Hulk , but Wolverine has a chance too

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 god_spawn  Moderator

My Professor Hulk knowledge is a bit rusty so forgive me for any incorrect statements. From what I remember, I think this could go either way. Wolverine has taken on and fought for solid periods with Hulk plenty of times. While Professor Hulk supposedly has a stronger base form than the classics, he can only get so angry before reverting to Banner IIRC which limits Hulk's greatest assets (IE his durability, strength, healing etc) since they go up when he gets angry. So because of that, it does give Logan some room as far as his strength continuously going up. That and Logan does have the superior here and the means to eventually take Prof Hulk down and I would assume him going Savage Banner (IIRC when he reverted he had the personality of Savage Hulk but in Banner's body) would count as incapacitation, since that Banner wouldn't have Bannertech to fall back on nor, necessarily the mental and physical acumen.

But what Professor Hulk does have as an advantage is his intelligence. I can see him using smarter tactics than Hulk would eventually use, earlier on in the fights. So that possibly adds more chances for thunderclaps, terrain dismemberment, etc. But while he can use the terrain itself, I think Logan has a decent chance as well considering he is a master of stealth and there are plenty of caves here to use to his advantage if he needs to get a breather or possibly go for a sneak attack, which Hulk would not see coming. But that goes back to terrain destruction that if Hulk knows Logan gets in a cave, he can level the area, which would bury Wolverine and cause an incapacitation victory for the Hulk.

So it's a give or take scenario IMO. Logan can take advantage of this Hulk's calmer state and hindrance of Hulk's greatest assets because of his safety protocol or Hulk's superior base strength and intelligence can be the game changer.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 9

The Professor wins. almost in biased way, but not necessarily.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 18hunt

Rips him in half because his joints aren't adamantium

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jashro44

@18hunt said:

Rips him in half because his joints aren't adamantium

No he wont.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professor Hulk

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet he will

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jashro44

@18hunt said:

And yet he will

I show you a scan of savage hulk all ready trying and failing and you say "he will"? What is your evidence to support professor hulk doing that?

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wouldn't professor hulk come up with a way to beat him like WWH i.e just continue to punch his face in

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think Wolverine has a chance then you've never read a single comic book ever. The only reason Wolverine doesn't get ripped in half by the Hulk more often because of PIS and marvel doesn't want to kill off a great character and alienate fans with excessive gore. -END-

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also hulks healing factor, no way ur getting past that. Hulk will bash him around so badly that his internal organs would fail and get smushed and crushed

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jashro44

@18hunt said:

Also hulks healing factor, no way ur getting past that. Hulk will bash him around so badly that his internal organs would fail and get smushed and crushed

Thats fair. I was just disagreeing with hulk ripping wolverines arms off.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@18hunt said:

You realize Professor Hulk actually has a limit on things, right and isn't as effective as Savage Hulk in most categories? And I can just easily spam Wolverine's healing factor that he would just regenerate everything and get back up. That type of logic in this debate won't get you, me, or anyone else, anywhere in this debate.

If you think Wolverine has a chance then you've never read a single comic book ever. The only reason Wolverine doesn't get ripped in half by the Hulk more often because of PIS and marvel doesn't want to kill off a great character and alienate fans with excessive gore. -END-

That's an ironic statement then since by that logic, a lot of comic writers must never have read anything either considering Wolverine and Hulk have had numerous encounters and fights since Wolverine's debut back in Hulk 181. Which is also ironic since fighting Hulk was the first thing he has ever done and Wolverine holds victories over the Hulk as well. It's actually more ignorant to say that Wolverine never stood a chance considering, at least up until the last few years with WWH and up, Wolverine has given Hulk trouble plenty of times. And against one of the weakest incarnations of Hulk is a perfectly reasonable battle debate. It's not really your place to say that no one has ever read a comic book if they think Wolverine wins when this fight has been played out a dozen times, and usually with a stronger Hulk incarnation, so the comics are actually supporting of this debate. Now if someone said this is a stomp in either favor, then we have an issue.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

come on bro

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

come on bro

You do realize that is ultimate wolverine (who doesn't have adamantium in his joints) and ultimate hulk (who is a lot stronger then professor hulk). If your going to upload scans why don't you at least keep it to the relevant characters.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlteredBeast

@jashro44: You don't think Professor Hulk is strong enough to do this to Wolverine with adamantium?

Come on bro, bro come on.

At least post an official link to where marvel say's Professor hulk isn't a class 100 ton strength.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@jashro44: You don't think Professor Hulk is strong enough to do this to Wolverine with adamantium?

No.

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Hulk wins.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how people keep saying that Wolverine would be ripped in half despite comics saying he can't. Debating against comic book logic won't get you anywhere people.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast:

Just looked it up. Ultimate Wolverine does have an adimantium laced skeleton at the time he was ripped in half by the Hulk. Professor Hulk still has the strength to rip wolverine in half and smart enough to do it was well. If not, just provide some evidence that Professor Hulk is unable to rip wolverine apart.

Ultimate wolverine does not have adamantium at the JOINTS, 616 wolverine does. I all ready uploaded a scan from wolverine/hulk six hours (I believe it is issue 4). Here it is again:

No Caption Provided

So no hulk isn't ripping wolverines arms off.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast:

This is PIS. What would Wolverine have done if Hulk grabbed his arms and not his retractable claws?

Prove its PIS with scans and issue references that are canon to 616. Wolverine would have stood in agonizing pain if he had not retracted his claws but I fail to see your point. He had the option to retract his claws and he did.

And you can stop responding in PM because every private message will be responded to in this thread.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast: Because by your logic everytime Wolverine is hit by anything with sufficient force his limbs would fly off because they're not bonded by adamantium. Every time he takes hit from Class 100s barrages of limbs and organs should be flying everywhere. Yet it doesn't happen. So it's safe to assume that he's durable enough to withstand such blows.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of these fights have ever made sense to me. Even if by some chance Wolverine is not KOed, what is to stop Hulk from just grabbing his hands/arms and then just wrapping his other hand around his face till he sufficates?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44

@alteredbeast:

I know PM's show in threads silly-head.

They don't actually. Not sure why you continue to respond in a PM.

All your scan does is show Wolverine's claws retracting out of Hulk's grip.

He was tugging on him for multiple panels and he didn't rip his arms off. Hulk has never ripped wolverines arms off in canon. He has tried once. So he can't.

This is PIS because if Hulk grabbed Wolverine's arms instead of just his claws Wolverine would have then been ripped in two. The stupidity part is that HULK GRABBED WOLVERINE BY THE CLAWS AND NOT THE ARMS!

Perhaps grabbing his arms wasn't the available option? If you want to get down to it hulk should have issues even grabbing wolverine if we are going to nitpick.

I can't show you a scan of Hulk ripping wolverine apart in 616 cause it didn't happen in 616. It didn't happen in 616 cause 616 is mainstream and more PG then Ultimate. In Ultimate the writers and artist have a little more leeway with what level of gore can be shown so they can show the more gory feats there.

Right. Hulk has all ready tried and failed. Several other class 100's have all ready tried and failed. The least you can do is show an example of wolverine getting his arms ripped out but you can't do that because it hasn't happened. So why should we assume it should happen?

Lets say Prof Hulk can't pull Wolverine apart, he would still have enough strength to simply pin Wolverine's arms to his side and use him as a adimantium baseball bat

He has to catch wolverine first.

or just hold him under water or just hold him in a fire, etc, etc.

None of those options are available in this setup.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@alteredbeast: I didn't say Hulk could punch Wolverine's arms off, though World Break, Green Scar, and Mindless could, I'm say that they can be pulledoff. If you punched a bird super hard its wings prob wouldn't fall off, but you could probably rip the wings off with some a concerted effort, same with Hulk and Wolvie.

World War Hulk repeatedly hit Wolverine in the head and his head didn't fall off. A mind controlled Thor in Uncanny Avengers pretty much blitzed Wolverine and his limbs didn't fly off. Cyclop's optic blasts don't tear Wolverine's limbs off. Nitro when he detonated did't tear Wolverine apart (his entire body was annihilated by his skeleton remained intact and together). So I don't see why it's so hard to believe.

Also with your bird analogy. I don't hit as hard as the Hulk so I fail to see the similarity. The bird also doesn't have an unbreakable skeleton.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Hulk is much faster than Wolverine: he catches rockets/mortars/warheads/entire airplanes plus Mavel's website says he's got super speed:

"The Hulk can also use his superhumanly leg muscles to run at super speeds, although his legs have limitless strength he does not have limitless speed and once he reaches a certain speed his legs become too strong and destroy the ground giving him no friction to run on, therefore he jumps to travel.More on Marvel.com:http://marvel.com/universe/Hulk_(Bruce_Banner)#ixzz2PBMAAM6G"

This is how the marvel wikia describes his speed:

"Superhuman Speed: Regardless of his size, Hulk's superhumanly strong legs allow him to run at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete (about 700 mph). "

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alteredbeast: Marvel wiki can be edited by anyone so it isn't a trustworthy source. I am aware hulk catches rockets, however the reason you don't see wolverine catch rockets is because if he were to attempt to he would go flying a few hundred feet. Wolverine has dodged rockets/bullets/etc with ease, moved faster then human eyes can follow, and cut rocket darts in half, and has also been able to snag a rocket out of the air before:

No Caption Provided

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then he can rip him in half the other way like in that picture!

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And how does that make you beat the hulk, Spider-Man, with all his speed and strength couldn't hurt hulk (he could but not close to enough to incapacitate him). How will wolverine? His healing factor (hulks) is too strong, and hulk could grab him, jump as high as possible, and right when falling throw wolverine into orbit. Done and done!

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

While I agree Wolverines skeleton will hold up, am I missing something? Hulk is so much physically stronger. Thanks for any and all info.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@18hunt said:

Then he can rip him in half the other way like in that picture!

I'm honestly not so sure what is hard to get? Wolverine in 616 cannot be ripped in half. One out of context post of a different Wolverine does not mean he can and Jashro posted 2 scans of 616 Wolverine getting pulled at by a class 70 and class 100 character that didn't even dislocate a joint. You constantly ignoring this fact doesn't make your point anymore valid.

@18hunt said:

And how does that make you beat the hulk, Spider-Man, with all his speed and strength couldn't hurt hulk (he could but not close to enough to incapacitate him). How will wolverine? His healing factor (hulks) is too strong, and hulk could grab him, jump as high as possible, and right when falling throw wolverine into orbit. Done and done!

Why are you comparing Spider-Man to Wolverine? Do you also fail to realize that Wolverine has a completely different set of attack methods from Spider-Man? You know, the 6, foot long claws that are coming from his hands that have repeatedly cut through Hulk plenty of times over the years? And why will Hulk catch him? If Wolverine doesn't want to be touched in this fight, he won't be. I could easily play your game and omit details and just say "Wolverine stabby him in brain, James wins.". And throwing him into orbit is against the rules as per OP as no BFR is allowed.

Here's an idea. Quit ignoring facts and quit reaching your points and maybe you could build a good case.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the first encounter he couldn't cut Hulk. Or was that officially retconned?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By laflux

Here's an idea. Quit ignoring facts and quit reaching your points and maybe you could build a good case.

I know I said it before to Buckshot, but I think it's useful here.

You seem agitated. Want a cookie?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 god_spawn  Moderator
laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the first encounter he couldn't cut Hulk. Or was that officially retconned?

It was retconned so he could in his first encounter, but Hulk was healing so fast it seemed that he wasn't being cut at all :P

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 god_spawn  Moderator

@laflux: Nah, I'm good. I have cookies in the cabinet if I wanted anyway :P.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TifaLockhart

Ok, thanks. Btw, is Hulk durable sans healing factor?