Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By those_eyes

@ssj_god said:

@those_eyes:

who's pride?

pride is one of the seven deadly sins from full metal alchemist. He is a Homunculus.

Loading Video...

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pride feats?Judging from the video above don't see any reason why this isn't a stomp

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: Nope pride owns. He cannot be hurt by any physical attacks but ultimate carbon seems to work.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: Nope pride owns. He cannot be hurt by any physical attacks but ultimate carbon seems to work.

Remember darkrai has attacks that dont have to physically destroy the body to beat an opponent. Pride can be harmed physically its just really difficult to do so due to his regen.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unknowzillagod: Can you explain his powers?How is he going to put down someone who tanked a city level attack?

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee8c9da928
deactivated-5aeee8c9da928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: @colliderz: His shadows go through all sorts of metal and hard carbon was the only one that resisted them. Hoenheim stated it himself that pride cannot be killed. Unlike other hommunculi pride cannot get hurt but does not regen as well. His own body is kept in a container which is the body he inherited now. After he did the transmutation on Roy Mustang he sacrificed part of his container. The only way to kill pride is by alchemy. To reconstruct his container or transform yourself into a philosopher stone like what Ed did and break his interior.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: I didn't understand most of what you said but Darkrai can mind wipe or simply put him into sleep killing him is not the only option.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: You don't understand what I said because you did not watch FMA brotherhood most likely. Are you sure Darkrai can mind wipe or put a hommunculus to sleep when they have never slept for the past 100 years. Sloth is the hommunculi that wants to sleep because to comes with his personality. The others do not need to sleep. As I said Pride cannot be harmed unless you use alchemy. Darkrai cannot do alchemy.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colliderz: You don't understand what I said because you did not watch FMA brotherhood most likely. Are you sure Darkrai can mind wipe or put a hommunculus to sleep when they have never slept for the past 100 years. Sloth is the hommunculi that wants to sleep because to comes with his personality. The others do not need to sleep. As I said Pride cannot be harmed unless you use alchemy. Darkrai cannot do alchemy.

umm.. it's not like people falls asleep to darkrai because they 'needs' to sleep.. darkrai puts them to sleep through darkvoid.. and darkrai is intangible aswell.. so.. how are you proposing he bypasses darkrai's attacks and also put down darkrai? .. since you said he'll own darkrai, i'm willing to listen to your proposition.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Darkrai cannot do anything to pride. So how do you think he can fight him?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Darkrai cannot do anything to pride. So how do you think he can fight him?

pride can not do anything to darkrai.. so how can he fight him?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Well, how can they fight each other?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: As I said Pride cannot get hurt by these things. You need to use alchemy. How is electricity going to help here?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Heinkel beat the tar out of Pride? Yes he kept getting up because the body is only a container, but the fact that he admitted to Gluttony that he was pretty beaten up and ate him suggests he had lost a lot of energy.

Either way, Pride won't touch Darkrai anyhow. His shadows have a limited distance they can move.

blastncruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: where or when does it stipulate that the only way to beat pride is via alchemy? That's rubbish, any elemental attack should be able to work against the homunculi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Heinkel did not beat the crap out of pride. Pride was just letting himself get hit and Heinkel was super tired. The time there was light Pride got Heinkel. Heinkel did not even do damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mhhh prolly pride, thats if he doesn't get or start off over confident.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Heinkel did not beat the crap out of pride. Pride was just letting himself get hit and Heinkel was super tired. The time there was light Pride got Heinkel. Heinkel did not even do damage.

i still don't get it... how can pride go past dark void (the attack with which he puts everyone to sleep.. and then nightmare begins) from darkrai?

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: @blastncruz: Here is my proof. You never watched FMA brotherhood. Just like people think greed's shield is breakable but it is actually as strong as diamond. They used alchemy to cancel his ultimate shield. Is it so hard to comprehend pride cannot be killed. Van hoenheim stated it himself you cannot kill pride but you can trap him. His flask is indestructible. The only way he got beaten is that Edward entered pride's flask and smashed him from inside. The only reason he got hurt is that he learned alchemy from kimblee and did the taboo to Roy Mustang but got a part of his flask removed. You need to daze him and use alchemy to get through. Is that so hard to comprehend and Pride is not a normal organism that gets put to sleep. Uh.......

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pride has hax, but overall Darkrai is more powerful IMO. If Dark Void works against Pride, Darkrai proceeds to mind rape to his heart content.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jacthripper

Pride, he's way creepier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: If the bubbles are transparent and there is still light to shine not gonna work but unless it is pitch black. @lucano: Pride is not a normal organism. What in the world is so hard to comprehend. He is a hommunculus. You cannot just come and budge that darkrai can suck his life force even if it is not related to another universe. There is no proof he can hurt pride. Overall he could be more powerful but it is not an excuse to say he can hurt pride.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: Well you don't need alchemy to beat him, someone like a metal user like Polaris or even a mud style user like Kaskashi could trap him. As far as making him go to sleep, well if pride never sleeps in the first place, then that's not gonna happen.

Stalemate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Anything that involves trapping him from the sun or anything too bright like a flash bomb works. Others don't. Pride without his shadows has normal human strength yet he cannot get hurt at all. Since he cannot break through solid rock or metal with his bare hands but can do it with his shadows.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikasaackerman: Bubbles seem to let in light, so I doubt that works. Trapping him in metal or mud seal jutsu would work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes exactly. Does Darkrai have any of those abilities?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: If the bubbles are transparent and there is still light to shine not gonna work but unless it is pitch black. @lucano: Pride is not a normal organism. What in the world is so hard to comprehend. He is a hommunculus. You cannot just come and budge that darkrai can suck his life force even if it is not related to another universe. There is no proof he can hurt pride. Overall he could be more powerful but it is not an excuse to say he can hurt pride.

@ssj_god: @blastncruz: Here is my proof. You never watched FMA brotherhood. Just like people think greed's shield is breakable but it is actually as strong as diamond. They used alchemy to cancel his ultimate shield. Is it so hard to comprehend pride cannot be killed. Van hoenheim stated it himself you cannot kill pride but you can trap him. His flask is indestructible. The only way he got beaten is that Edward entered pride's flask and smashed him from inside. The only reason he got hurt is that he learned alchemy from kimblee and did the taboo to Roy Mustang but got a part of his flask removed. You need to daze him and use alchemy to get through. Is that so hard to comprehend and Pride is not a normal organism that gets put to sleep. Uh.......

it's like u're saying if the opponent doesn't have alchemy, they can't beat pride.. no matter if i bring superman, or thor, or flash, or martian manhunter or... whoever, as they doesn't have alchemy, so they won't beat him....

darkrai should win anyway.. for once, he's the hero of his film not a villain like pride. and secondly, his movie has way cooler song... these are solid reasons for him to win

i'll always remember you ----- a song that always makes me sad somehow, but still i want to hear more

Loading Video...

oracion ----- the soothing music soundtrack which calmed down enraged dialga and palkia

Loading Video...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: @mikasaackerman:

it's like u're saying if the opponent doesn't have alchemy, they can't beat pride.. no matter if i bring superman, or thor, or flash, or martian manhunter or... whoever, as they doesn't have alchemy, so they won't beat him....

Pretty sure he meant cannot be hurt by normal means. All of those characters could toss Pride into outer space.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Pretty sure he meant cannot be hurt by normal means. All of those characters could toss Pride into outer space.

so without bfr those people can't beat pride

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mickey-mouse

@ssj_god: No. You're twisting words. Pride has never meet someone with 100 ton strength or super heat vision, or infinite mass punch. Those are not conventional means of attacks, and those are not the powers Darkai has.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@ssj_god: No. You're twisting words. Pride has never meet someone with 100 ton strength or super heat vision, or infinite mass punch. Those are not conventional means of attacks, and those are not the powers Darkai has.

how am i twisting words? .. has it anywhere said that only the powers darkrai has will not work as they are not alchemy?.. as per his sayings, those things should not work either as they are not alchemy.. are you saying darkrai's dark void attack is a conventional attack?.. i don't think pride have faced anything like that either.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

@lukehero said:

how am i twisting words? .. has it anywhere said that only the powers darkrai has will not work as they are not alchemy?.. as per his sayings, those things should not work either as they are not alchemy.. are you saying darkrai's dark void attack is a conventional attack?.. i don't think pride have faced anything like that either.

Darkrai has telepathy and emotion attacks aswell which im not sure pride has ever faced. Just mentioning that.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Darkrai.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ssj_god

@those_eyes said:

@ssj_god said:

@lukehero said:

Darkrai has telepathy and emotion attacks aswell which im not sure pride has ever faced. Just mentioning that.

yeah... though i can't remember darkrai using offensive telepathy... anyway.. i'm giving two possible ways as per what was said

@mikasaackerman said:

@lukehero: Anything that involves trapping him from the sun or anything too bright like a flash bomb works. Others don't. Pride without his shadows has normal human strength yet he cannot get hurt at all. Since he cannot break through solid rock or metal with his bare hands but can do it with his shadows.

@lukehero said:

@mikasaackerman: Bubbles seem to let in light, so I doubt that works. Trapping him in metal or mud seal jutsu would work.

so how about the dark sphere darkrai created at the end to absorb dialga and palkia's attacks?.. it covered both of them, it was pitch black inside with only darkrai glowing in red light.... of course both of their powers overwhelmed darkrai in the end, but i strongly doubt pride can produce anything near to those powers.. so what you say about darkrai trapping pride into that dark sphere and sapping up his power?

No Caption Provided
@lukehero said:

why can't darkrai do that too? he can just blast him off with simultaneous dark pulse storms and throw him into a volcano or in the artic ocean or straight up into outer space

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Doesn't work, none of those work and you cannot bring something up which was from another universe that can beat pride. Volcanoes don't work, ice does not work. Seriously you don't watch FMA brotherhood. Hoenheim stated it himself that is my proof. What else are you gonna say?

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Doesn't work, none of those work and you cannot bring something up which was from another universe that can beat pride. Volcanoes don't work, ice does not work. Seriously you don't watch FMA brotherhood. Hoenheim stated it himself that is my proof. What else are you gonna say?

eh?.. why? .. his opponent himself is from another universe, so why can't he bring things from another universe which can beat pride?

and which brings me to the same question... are you saying superman, thor, goku, flash, martian manhunter, sentry.... these people can't beat pride aswell because they doesn't use alchemy?

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkrai can use flash (which is way better than flash grenades), and if we are using composite, is capable of ending time with prep... So I choose the pokemon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Yes. As I said pride is indestructible. Seriously when I said you cannot kill pride unless you use alchemy I mean it. Superman, Galactus whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Have you even seen pride regenerate? He is not like any hommunculi. His body is kept in an indestructable flask that can only be broken by knowing how to deconstruct his flask and killing him in the inside. @ssj_god: @superdrummer: Flash cancels his shadows. It does not damage pride even by a bit. No one here even knows pride clearly and just say you can kill pride. That is very stupid. Pride should not be in comic vine battles because there is no way of killing him.

HOENHEIM STATED IT HIMSELF YOU CANNOT KILL PRIDE. Uhhhh........

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Yes. As I said pride is indestructible. Seriously when I said you cannot kill pride unless you use alchemy I mean it. Superman, Galactus whatever.

Alchemy is deconstructing and reconstructing, a form of matter manipulation at its core. I have no doubt in my mind that a cosmic entity such as Galactus who is renowned for his matter and energy manipulation would have absolutely no problem against Pride.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ssj_god

@those_eyes: Have you even seen pride regenerate? He is not like any hommunculi. His body is kept in an indestructable flask that can only be broken by knowing how to deconstruct his flask and killing him in the inside. @ssj_god: @superdrummer: Flash cancels his shadows. It does not damage pride even by a bit. No one here even knows pride clearly and just say you can kill pride. That is very stupid. Pride should not be in comic vine battles because there is no way of killing him.

so as i said.. darkrai BFRs him to outer space

END GAME :D

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SuperDrummer

No Caption Provided

I've seen that argument before... Gosh, where was it... It was soooo annoying when the fanboys applied it seriously... Oh that's right =>

When something like that is stated, it is standard to take it with a pinch of salt. Or a bucket. Especially considering you took pride's loss completely out of context. He NEEDED a new body, because he was close to dieing and thus tried take over Ed's body. And Failed.

FMA is a universe where street level stats are top tier, with the exception of their form of magic: Alchemy. It would take more than a street level to character to harm him, so it makes perfect sense for people in the FMA universe to assume only Alchemy can beat him. It is ridiculous to assume that because Alchemy is the only in universe way to harm him, it is the only way in any universe ever to harm him.

All Darkrai has to do is use flash, and than destroy the vessel, a simple feat for him. If you want to make the argument that he than also needs to destroy the shadows, another flash will do the job easily.

It is childish to claim no one knows a character because they don't apply the same logic fallacies as you.

Here is my first evidence, I trust that as a self proclaimed Pride expert you can provide some to the contrary:

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Pride, unless Darkrai can like Mindrape him.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for thelaughingman_aoi
thelaughingman_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this why some cross universes especially anime don't work in battles. The rules and logic in one universe doesn't cross into another as well.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Hohenheim say that Pride couldn't be beaten? That seems to contradict how Hohenheim thought he could beat Father, a character considerably more powerful. It almost certainly contradicts Pride telling Gluttony that he had sustained damage from Heinkel, though that could have just been an excuse.

Comparing Darkrai's durability to Pride's cutting powers, I would say that it's sufficient to deflect them, though probably not enough to completely ignore them. Seeing as how in the anime, razor leaf cuts through tree trunks and pikachu's thunderbolt blew up a large tower that Hoopa Unbound threw at him, Darkrai being able to tank attacks of this caliber and above should render Pride's feats of cutting through stone, trees, and Alphonse less useful. Even in the games, the pokedex entries for some Pokemon, like having water jets that cut through steel, flames that melt rock, and other fairly ridiculous levels of damage should allow Darkrai's durability to hold up.

Offensively, Darkrai's ability to blast both Palkia and Dialga away should deliver enough explosive damage to batter Pride's container. While I doubt that Dark Void can actually put a homunculus to sleep, given that I don't think any other than Sloth and Father have slept and that they have a host of screaming people inside the Philosopher's stone, but the complete darkness the Dark Void attack enshrouds its opponents in could be sufficient to sever Pride's shadows.

If Pride finds himself on the losing side, he could resort to human transmutation and hope that Darkrai's loss is far greater than Pride's but that seems improbable.

I'd give it to Darkrai, 10/10.