Predators vs Terminators

STR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By STR1

The Predators land on earth in 2050, a time where machines are in control. The Predators (50) go on a hunting spree on earth.  

Predators vs Terminators (T-2, T1000 etc.) 

Who wins? 

***EDIT****
These are the classic Predators from the movies who were know to hunt for the challenging part of it. They will just come to earth on a future where Terminators are in power and the Predators will just hunt for the sport.
Avatar image for the_mayhem_theory
The_Mayhem_Theory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Mayhem_Theory
Could go either way, really.
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OptimusPalm

Depends on how many terminators

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By m0ntyb0y

if it's the T-800, the plasma cannon probably blasts right through it

if it's the T-1000, I'm not sure if the plasma cannon would be enough
the T-1000 is vulnerable to heat and plasma is extremely hot
I guess it would depend on how plasma affects the T-1000

an experienced predator may have a chance of beating the T-X (I think an elder definitely could) 
again, the plasma cannon would probably be able to destroy the T-X's endoskeleton, but the T-X has so many weapons of its own so it''s tough to call

ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@m0ntyb0y said:
if it's the T-800, the plasma cannon probably blasts right through it  if it's the T-1000, I'm not sure if the plasma cannon would be enoughthe T-1000 is vulnerable to heat and plasma is extremely hot I guess it would depend on how plasma affects the T-1000  an experienced predator may have a chance of beating the T-X (I think an elder definitely could)  again, the plasma cannon would probably be able to destroy the T-X's endoskeleton, but the T-X has so many weapons of its own so it''s tough to call
i'm not so sure about that. in the films, the plasma cannon has been seen going straight through people, however, it has also been seen hitting people directly and only wounding/burning them.  it was also seen hitting trees, and the trees were not burned through.  even then, terminators have their metal endoskeleton, i'm not sure if there are any instances (in the films) of predator's weapons going through similar materials. if anything the plasma cannon is inconsistent, and i'm not sure it would go through a terminator endoskeleton.

the predators still have their cloaking devices, they've been shown to set traps, and they have comparable strength.  they may be able to handle the t-800 terminators, but i don't think they have anything that could keep the t-1000 down.  the t-1000 was beaten only because it was dropped in steel.  single shots of plasma coming from the predator's cannon will only slow it down.  the plasma would be traveling fast and it would be hot, it would probably just go right through the 1-1000, then it would just regenerate. they'd have to drop it into something comparable and melt it down completely, all at once.  as for the t-x, i dont even know...it has weapons of its own, it would be rough. 

the predators could probably come up with other creative ways of winning this...it could go either way.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@ShiZZmAhh:
in the novels, comics, and games the explanation for that inconsistency is that the plasma cannon has different power settings, i.e. the predator can adjust the power of each shot  
in the AvP games this is definitely the case 

for the T-1000, I'm thinking the predator can just spam his shoulder cannon form a distance, and then walk up to the temporarily incapacitated T-1000 and spam some more 

the predator also has a spear gun, smart disc, and shurikens
predator metal is almost impossibly sharp and durable (it can even be treated to resist alien acid) 
I think the smart disc would cut right through any exoskeleton
in the Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator crossover, that's actually what happened
ShiZZmAhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShiZZmAhh
@m0ntyb0y: interesting. thanks for the clarification. 
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

this could really go either way, i have no idea, however if it's one predator vs one terminator, i would give it to the terminator (even the t 800)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Erik
@STR1 said:
The Predators land on earth in 2050, a time where machines are in control. The Predators (50) go on a hunting spree on earth.   Predators vs Terminators (T-2, T1000 etc.)  Who wins?
50 predators against ALL of the Terminators from the future? Hundreds of thousands of killing machines? Terminators see into the infrared spectrum. They win.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@erik: I don't think he means that they try to take on all the terminators

more like they go around random hunting
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erik
@m0ntyb0y said:
@erik: I don't think he means that they try to take on all the terminators   more like they go around random hunting
If that is the case, I can see the Predators getting a few kills (and losing a few themselves before they realize they are not cloaked to Terminators) and bugging out before all are killed. So I guess that means they (the Predators) win.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The set up is too one sided. It sounds like 50 predators vs all of skynet.  

That isn't going to end happy for the predators. Not on foot, not with standard gear. 

They could probably bombard from orbit. They never were shown to have that ability in the movies, but i am sure a space faring warrior culture would have developed something that would suffice to take out key areas from space and never have to actually land. 

But 50 predators on foot vs all of skynet is a no go. 

Can a predator take out a terminator? Sure. The plasma caster  should be a bit more powerful than the lazer weaponry shown in T1 and T2 and that was being used against the terminators by the humans. So, Plasma caster shots should take T-800's down. The T-1000 will probably be much more damaged by the plasma caster than people are assuming here. The T-1000 was resistant to ballistic attacks because bullets basically shove matter out of the way and create a hole.  

That's no problem for a machine with no required configuration. Holes are no problem, and it can move it's own molecules to retrieve dislodged parts. The plasma caster, though, isn't primarily an impact weapon. It will boil the T-1000 whereever it hits, and that means actual damage for the T-1000 that no ballistic could do on it's own. 

In fact, i envision the plasma caster doing more harm to the T-1000 than it would to the hard-chassis models. 

Terminators are going to be mechanically stronger than the Predators. Terminators do have twitch reaction speeds far surpassing humans (shotgun snatch in T2 and others), but they rarely find use for it when they can just tank any human's shots.  

Predators will have sufficiently sharp weaponry to pierce T-800 chassis in their spears, wrist blades, and possibly shuriken. Though i would not advise the predators to get in close for a melee. 

Terminators should be able to detect cloaked predators. 

In the end, predators, if cautious and hunting with smarts could actually go out and ambush some solo terminators and walk away without casualties. 
In a  face to face war scenario, the predators will be in trouble, especially factoring in skynet battle HK's.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@Fortified_Hooligan
it should be noted that in Terminator 2, the T-1000 was taking a long time to recover from one grenade (as I recall, Arnold shot the grenade into the T-1000, the grenade blew up, and the T-1000 tipped over into the cauldron of molten metal)

each plasma caster shot (at least full power shots) would be comparable to a grenade...T-1000 also didn't display much intelligence in my opinion, "relentless" is the word I'd use to describe its style of engagement
STR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By STR1
@m0ntyb0y said:

@erik: I don't think he means that they try to take on all the terminators   more like they go around random hunting

Exactly!
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@STR1
yeah, predators are smart hunters...they display arrogance quite often but they're not dumb enough to invade a planet with only 50 of their kind
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik

Based on the OP change, the Predators obviously win. All they have to do to win is kill a few Terminators and not get wiped out before they leave. That should be easy even if they lost half their numbers.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By GrandSymbiote94

If they take out a predator wouldn't the predator's do the self destruct thing they always do. I know that can take out a good amount of terminators. I doubt it could take out anything more than a T-800 though.

the darknessss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By the darknessss

5 good shots from a plasma canon will down a t-1000 perhaps,t-800 will go down with 1 or 2 good shots,if its 50 vs all the terminators then its over for the preds,but they will take out tons of metal though.
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By m0ntyb0y

in the AvPvT crossover, the smart disc decapitates terminators
and 1 shot with the plasma cannon is enough to destroy a terminator...I'll put up scans after I fix my other hard drive

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By cascadeking09

What's with all the predator threads?

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@cascadeking09: they're cool
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cascadeking09
@m0ntyb0y: They've been cool since before this site was even up. I'm wondering why all of a sudden lol. I guess there's no reason and it's coincidental.
Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. 

It happens. 

Somebody replays a game, or watches a favorite movie over again and the monsters are fresh in the mind. That' s why I come here, anyway. 

My wife is less interested in the minutia of a terminator vs predator battle than you all are...
m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By m0ntyb0y
@cascadeking09
yeah, coolest alien species ever invented imo 

but yeah, I've been posting a lot of predator threads recently...I like to think that it started the current wave ; )
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cascadeking09
@m0ntyb0y: aight cool.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MKF30

Terminator imo, while predators are awesome and smart, Skynet constantly adapts. Knowing them, they'd make a Predator/Terminator look alike or something crazy...

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BarelyAverage
@Fortified_Hooligan:  You are indeed right. There is this comic out there called "before the rise" and it shows the TX taking on a t-1000 and a t-800. Her 1st plasma cannon hit liquifies the t-1000 while the 2nd disintegrates it. A T-1000 would not take more than a few good plasma hits. A t-800 could maybe take 2 with one good one either destroying its head or a decent shot disabling its body(its heavily armored at its core) but making it immobile temporarily. Anyways plasma hits do a lot of damage to metal.
But yea, predators destroy a good amount of terminators but skynet would win. 
Now 50 predators vs 50 mixed terminator models would be a different story....
BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BarelyAverage

Oh btwo nice battle. Creative.

STR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By STR1
@MKF30

Thats a diffrent way to see it! Had not though about that.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MKF30
@STR1 said:
@MKF30:   Thats a diffrent way to see it! Had not though about that.
Thanks, I try to examine various possibilities. I'm sure it would be an epic battle though. Especially since Humans have dealt with Predators and Terminators I'm sure they could deal with each other
Avatar image for fortressofthemoon
FortressoftheMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MKF30 said:

Terminator imo, while predators are awesome and smart, Skynet constantly adapts. Knowing them, they'd make a Predator/Terminator look alike or something crazy...

Dude that would so be the end of all hunting.....PERIOD. A Terminator PRT-1000 that still be cloacked in water.  Imagine Predator version of john Connor talking a Predator Terminato Salvation marcus.  

Predator John Connor: You tried to kill my Elder and when you failed then you tried to kill me. 

Predator Marcus PRT-1000: What are you talking about? i have never heard of you until I started hunting someone named Dutch. I need to hunt him. 

Predator John Connor: If i let you go, you'll kill everyone in this ship 

Predator Marcus PRT-1000: No.....just you cause i don't give a s*** about you and you are one ugly mother******.

Avatar image for evil_terminator666
EVIL_TERMINATOR666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok as far as this topic "PREDATOR VS TERMINATORS" go which model TERMINATOR are we talking about,im assuming the T-800/Arnolds model since its most common but not sure if its that model,T-1000 Or T-X or any other model?