Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Phylos

Predators 
vs. 
Storm (616) 

(This is the first within my Predator series to come)  

Battle- 
-Death Match. 
-If Storm is victorious, she will be released & sent back to Earth. 
-Storm is not aware that she is being hunted, but does know that she is on another planet.

Character Profiles- 
-These Predators are not from the film adaptations, rather the elite hunters that were portrayed in the comics. They are fully equipped with Predator weaponry & technology (remember, NOT MOVIE PREDATORS, check there page to see there equipment). It's a clan of five Predators, four young bloods & one elder. The young bloods are equipped with plasma canons, smartdiscs, net launchers & wrist blades. As for the elder, he possesses the same equipment, but is the only one who carries the burner weapon.
-Storm has her morals on.

Setting- 
-Battle takes place on clans home planet (vast jungle)   
-Afternoon.

Story-

-The Predators were looking for a worthy opponent on Earth. They came across the X-men & observed there individual talents and battle tactics (because they are hunters & thats what they do). It was decided to isolate the X-men from one another, begining with Storm, who they percieved to be the biggest threat due to her weather manipulation. The Predators track down Storm in Wakanda & use there clan ship to abduct her within a Xenomorph Queen holding chamber. Then she is transported to the clans home planet where she is dropped off in the middle of a vast jungle and left to fend for herself against the Predators.  

(Please use logic and reasoning)

Avatar image for asgardianxeno929
AsgardianXeno929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AsgardianXeno929

The first thing that comes to mind is a plasma to the chest as soon as she starts flying, maybe if she makes rain in her confusion she can get rid of their cloak accidentally.

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amazingoctus

According to their code of combat they have to play fair. They will get fried when they engage her. Hopefully Storm will be able to realize they are following a code and stop so she can go back to earth
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I'd like to learn more on what the predators could do but from what I have read on their page, unless the predators can take her by surprise, which is unlikely, I think Storm has a good chance to win here. She typically attunes to the biosphere of the planet she is on fairly quickly (in some showings her connection has been instant and others it took a few minutes), and if it does take her time to attune, this is the window for a predator to strike where their chance for a win should be fairly good. However, if they fight by a code of honor and fairness, they probably wouldn't try to strike within this window (if one will exist at all). They would probably want to maximize the challenge of the hunt, and track her for a while. With Ororo's powers, she has a number of great defensive and offensive advantages that give her a good shot at victory. 

She should be able to sense the predators' movement through the air so their stealth tech won't help them ambush her, generate ionized fog to physically blind the predator's and affect their tech sensors (she would be a good position to ambush them), or even hit them with an EMP to take their tech out completely. She could choose to flash freeze them or freeze their tech (which could shatter it depending on the durability of the metal) , hit them with lightning, which would probably KO them, or use her winds to pound them, and could even pull then air from their lungs. And both her lightning and winds have countered energy, so she should still be able to deflect their cannon shoulder blasts. I think Storm would take this 7-8/10.      

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Amazingoctus
@THUNDERBOLT30
They wouldn't even attack her by surprise, its against their code of combat. They would be killed if they didn't follow the code
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By theicon

stoms got this  an elector magnetic pulse should  render  pred tech useless

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Phylos

bump.
unrealgamer38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By unrealgamer38

storm

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Phylos
@unrealgamer38 said:
storm

care to explain...
spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spartan92
@Amazingoctus
their code allows them to attack by suprise otherwise they wouldnt need invisiblity cloaks or one shot one kill weapons. 

il say preds win
unrealgamer38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unrealgamer38
@Phylos: I don't really know much about storm but given the scenario.... 

She's on the planet lonely (Doesn't know If there's any civilization around), So she asks the tree's are there more people around (Post the scan at the bottom). (Again I don't know much about storm) Wouldn't the tree's sense the predators Lurking on their branches? 

Then wouldn't she torpedo a lightning bolt up their collective asses? 

Scan:  http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2246/uncannyxmen109028gs.jpg 
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fetts

Hhhmmm. I would say in a straight out fight that Storm could dodge whatever the Predators throw or shoot at her for a little while,create a tornado and then shock the crap out of them. But since she is not aware she's being hunted I say the Predators could take this.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phylos

i keep coming back to a scenario in my head where the four young bloods are keeping storm busy with plasma blasts and smartdiscs, while the experienced elder launches a net at storm from behind, basically grinding her down. i feel that about three of the young bloods will go down, either by lightning bolts or blasted away by winds. you cant really put it past the predators, there whole society/lifestyle is based off the hunt. also, keep in mind they've studied her, along with other x-men. they wouldnt go into battle unprepaired with whats to come. 

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Chaos Burn

Too many projectiles that can one shot Storm, and she cannot block or avoid what she can't see coming.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't think the predators are pushovers by any means but I still think Storm takes the majority. She has handled more powerful and dangerous opponents than predators, is an experienced and skilled strategist and her powers gives her advantages over their tech. 

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By m0ntyb0y

I would say the predators take this and not just because I'm a predator fan

the set-up really favours the predators...Storm only knows that she's on an alien planet, she doesn't even know she's being hunted, much less what creatures are hunting her. 

if the predators decide to take her out from long range, it's game over for Storm...predator's are generally supposed to match their prey weapon for weapon, but in the movies as well as in the comics, it is often shown that the predators often employ stealth/surprise attacks when it suits them...so I wouldn't say the predators are strictly bound to play fair, more like they might choose to play fair with certain prey that manages to impress them 

if the predators decide to give up their advantages by confronting her face to face, Storm might pull this off

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Amazingoctus
@spartan92
No, as hunters they want to size their prey up before attacking and they can't do that if they are killed first. There are some predators that don't follow the rules but these won't, there is an elder here. He'll keep them in check. They also won't attack if their prey is defenseless. If they lose and survive they have to kill themselves.
Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aqua11500

Storm tears that whole damn jungle up with a huge down burst of powerful wind,she fires off the whole damn Predator army. 

WTF they can't sneak up on Storm,she can feel their movements through the air,the atmosphere is her play ground.GTFO people! 

this is spite on the Predators. Turning invisible won't help either,she can see forms of energy!

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Phylos
@Aqua11500 said:
Storm tears that whole damn jungle up with a huge down burst of powerful wind,she fires off the whole damn Predator army.   WTF they can't sneak up on Storm,she can feel their movements through the air,the atmosphere is her play ground.GTFO people!  this is spite on the Predators. Turning invisible won't help either,she can see forms of energy!

calm down please. & actually give me a good reason on how she could win, as opposed to, "WTF they cant seak up on storm" "the atmosphere is her play ground. GTFO people" 
and why would storm destroy a whole jungle in the first place? her morals are on, she doesnt know shes being hunted.
MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrBigBalls

Storm

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Phylos said:
@Aqua11500 said:
Storm tears that whole damn jungle up with a huge down burst of powerful wind,she fires off the whole damn Predator army.   WTF they can't sneak up on Storm,she can feel their movements through the air,the atmosphere is her play ground.GTFO people!  this is spite on the Predators. Turning invisible won't help either,she can see forms of energy!
calm down please. & actually give me a good reason on how she could win, as opposed to, "WTF they cant seak up on storm" "the atmosphere is her play ground. GTFO people" and why would storm destroy a whole jungle in the first place? her morals are on, she doesnt know shes being hunted.

I think what Aqua is pointing out, and I agree with her, is that people are stating that the predators will win simply because Storm doesn't know she is being hunted. I don't think that is a very compelling argument considering that she is one othe most powerful and skilled veteran x-men. Storm does not need to immediately know that she is being hunted to know that someone is tracking and stalking her, though it will be obvious for her to realize something is clearly wrong since the OP stated that was abducted by alien's and brought to a foreign planet. She will at least know that she was taken, and not with her consent obviously, and will be on the defensive. Storm is not going to aimlessly wonder about the jungle with her guard down. She is a veteran x-man, has been abducted and hunted before technically, and just like then, she will be on the defensive from the beginning.  

Once she senses the movement of cloaked figures through the air ( or as Aqua stated she cna also see the world in terms of energy vs matter and could possibly see them that way as well), and they will likely come at her cloaked, Storm will not take chances and will do what she has to. Morals on means that killing is her choice of last resort but that will not make her any less effective or hesistant with the use of her powers. She will fight to neutralize the threat and dish out damage as needed. These predators do not really have a defense to any of her powers, and essentially all of their attacks can be countered by her winds and or lightning, she can still fly at speeds faster than they can move so she should be able to evade attacks as well, and she can one-shot them same as they could possibly one-shot her (save that she has a defense to their attacks where as they don't).  

She doesn't even have to stay in their firing line of sight, and can attack them from a distance with tactics that leave her protected (i.e. - floating in low level cloud layer that is ionized to throw of their tech sensors).  

If the only argument to the predator's winning is that Storm doesn't know she is being hunted, then I don't think that argument is as compelling as what Storm can do here to neutralize the predators before they can take her out.
mark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By mark5

Good match up and scenario. 
I'll get back to this one.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By gravitypress

This would be way cooler if she didn't have her powers.

m0ntyb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By m0ntyb0y

I never knew she could "sense things through the air" and thus practically never be surprised...

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phylos
@THUNDERBOLT30
nicely put, i know a few things about storm, but not to much in detail. like i said a few comments back, about three or four of them will die in the process of the hunt. but i feel that the predators will come out victorious. due to there hunting tactics.
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Storm's got this, she gets herself in-tune with the Planets Biosphere, familiarizes her self with its weather patterns/system and the battle begins. First of all all she would need to do is create an EMP to shut down the weaponry of the Predators in fact not even that, just add a little bit of electricity to the air to shut them down while the Predators would probably be planning how to strike her, then when they do come out she summons a powerful gust of wind to BFR them or if that doesn't work lower the temp down to sub-zero levels making them unable to operate. Done.

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phylos

anyone else have any input? battle is leaning to storm, if no one else can explain the predators chance of winning, then ill get started on episode two.
Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of good Storm's tornadoes and hurricanes will do against a tri-beam targeting system and a razorwire net, but if she can disguise herself as a deer somehow the battle would turn.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Roddy010

Okay after cafregul consideration I say Storm wins 8/10 times.... 
Storm has been able to counter suprise attacks before...One example being when fought Khan's elite group of female warriors...Which consisted of 12 members IIRC...They suprised attacked her and stabbed her...Despite being in tremendous pain Storm was still able to defeat them using their number, environment and her skill against them...Also just as THUNDERBOLT30 said she is attuned to whatever environment she is on or near which makes it nearly impossible to sneak up on her...Storm is not stupid she won't let her guard down if she is on a different planet...Expect the worst but hope for the best... 

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

The first thing that comes to mind is a plasma to the chest as soon as she starts flying, maybe if she makes rain in her confusion she can get rid of their cloak accidentally.
Storn can manipulate plasma... 
Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phylos

hmm, i suppose so. although, she will be wounded badly from the vicious attacks, in the end though, ororo goes back to wakanda.
EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By EpitomeofCool

storm....

not2baad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By not2baad

Storm she can use the air pressure or their on bio-electric signatures to find them and take the air out of their lungs, flash freeze them, or crush the with air pressure.

krazyG3O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By krazyG3O

Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers