Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Predator:

No Caption Provided

vs:

Bossk:

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Predator has his Plasma Caster and his Wrist Blades.
  • Bossk has his grenade launcher/rifle and 4 hand grenades.
  • Both are morals on.
  • Victory by K.O. or death.

No Caption Provided

• Combatants start at the left and right gates and are visible to each other.

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone??

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yautja possibly... If I can get more info on Bossk, then I could make a more thorough argument. Just pondering around until i.like.swords suddenly appears..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fitnesstribesman13: The Pred wins based on what I know of Bossk at this present moment. Whether that will change in a few books' time, I don't know. At the very least, The Pred has better equipment if we're talking a cloaking/plasma caster/explosive-resistant armor set up.

I'd like to think it'd be a very good fight, though. Bossk is extremely hard to put down and has hunting in his blood. He's essentially the top bounty hunter in the galaxy when you take Boba and IG-88 out of the picture.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Interesting to note that.

Ah so Bossk sounds like they have something in common with Yautja, that is hunting lifestyles are passed down from Yautja. Besides Yautja equipment, they have been shown to be incredibly proficient in melee combat. Even for the lowest ranked Yautja have displayed skills to that of samurai and slayed hordes of Xenos with ease.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: I'm in the process of making a respect thread for Bossk. I'll link you to it once it's up. But yeah, he's a Trandoshan, which is a pretty brutal species of reptile humanoids. When a mother Trandoshan hatches eggs, the offspring quickly sort out who is the alpha male out of the group.. by killing each other. When one is left, and the rest are reduced to nothing but bones, that child grows up to become a hunter. Trandoshans worship a deity called the "Scorekeeper". As the name suggests, for every successful kill, a Trandoshan earns points based on the value of the kill. Their goal in life is to accumulate as many points as possible before passing into the afterlife.

As we know them, Trandoshans have mostly gone about this goal by hunting wookiees - not an easy task. Not only did they hunt them, they also enslaved them. When they got the chance, they suggested to the Imperial Empire that they fuel their war machine with wookiee muscle, and Palpatine obliged their wishes. So the Trandos quickly began enslaving wookiees en masse. This is where Bossk comes in - he's successfully hunted and killed/captured hundreds of wookiees, and has done so for decades and decades, and he's one of few who can actually stand up to a wookiee in hand-to-hand combat, as most other beings end up torn limb from limb. Even some Trandoshans, despite their superhuman strength, get torn apart by wookiees.. but Bossk is pretty good.

So yeah, to sum up, Trandoshans are ruthless, sadistic, highly skilled hunters who lack compassion and care only for how many Jagganath points they can accumulate for the Scorekeeper before dying.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Sounds cool. The lifestyle of Yautja are comparable to the Trandoshans in multiple areas. Such as in that Yautja have their own preferred hunting species like Humans, Xenomorphs, Space Jockeys, and more depending on which clan. Plus they both are extraterrestrial races who's cultures revolve around a predominantly hunting society. As Yautja hunt for sport and will train for all of their lives whilst going on hunting trips. For in fact, Yautja have such long lifespans of training and fighting for several millennia to the point they no longer feel pain, fear, mercy, and hesitation and their skills will be perfected on a very inhumane level.

And for the social structure of Yautja, there are multiple Yautja clans seen throughout the Predator and AvP franchise. I'm sure there are plenty more clans out there besides the ones shown in the franchise due to Yautja being an entirely populated extraterrestrial race. Since there are so many clans, each one has different methods of training, rules, members, equipping, and what not. Though there are signature weapons of Yautja shown in all clans in the series with one of them being wrist blades and shoulder cannons as we see every single Yautja equipped with these. Clans differ as well in what species they hunt.

There is in fact a clan of Yautja who don't hunt Humans because they consider Humans quite easy prey. Clans/tribes are a common social structure for the Yautja race. Clans can vary in the amount of clan members it has. Often clans consists of unrelated male Yautja.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: On the other side, only the toughest, most cunning and skilled hunters even survive Yautja society. At 40 human years, you're still considered a child and most don't even get to attempt the Blooding Ritual until they're around 80yrs old. From the time they are born they are raised and trained to be hunters, through and through, without exception. Every day is training, which involves martial practices, weapons combat, and hunts under the supervision of Blooded Warriors, Veterans or Clan Leaders, to give them a taste for what's to come. Each Clan can have different rituals to earn their mark. Some send the Youngsters in teams of three to eliminate specific targets. Like a small group of Xenomorphs. Some send them in solo to prove their worth. While others will bring whole groups on an infested world to see how many xenomorphs each of the Youngsters can kill before they have to leave, and how many of them survived the hunt.

Only the best succeed, and only the most cunning live past 100yrs. Only the wisest and most skilled could live to be called Ancient. The very oldest Yautja had lived for more than twenty-thousand years. And while once one has earned the title of Elder or Clan Leader, they no longer need to regularly hunt to prove their worth. The fact they survived that long is a testament of their prowess to be told unto eternity. Some, however, still continued to hunt and prove their abilities even as the centuries passed, robbing them of their physical strength, but sharpening their minds in ways those younger than them could never fathom. Facing a Youngster is difficult on its own. Their physical strength is, at times, greater than their peers. Facing a Blooded Warrior is far worse because of their greater skill and experience in hunting across the cosmos. Killing anything, from as small as a human being, to as large as a T-Rex. And some have done just that.

Yautja are not only trained in how to kill. They are trained in how to survive, and how to move in silence. Most Youngsters do not understand the need for such, though some do grasp the necessity of it. And those're the ones who live longer. Only those who have been called on a hunt to capture a Xenomorph Queen can fully comprehend the absolute need to move in complete silence. To step soundlessly while in full armor into the very lairs and hives of the Queens, to face it down and contain it for the purposes of seeding worlds where Ritual Hunts can be engaged. Failure to subdue the Queen means death for the entire team of Yautja. Failure to go unnoticed within the Hive can mean death by swarms of hundreds and thousands of Xenomorphs flooding to protect the Queen. Occurring on worlds so deeply rooted with these creatures the land appears as a black ocean as billions upon billions move like a single living organism.

Yautja are utterly brutal and yet possess a unique sense of honor. And any who breaks taboo is dealt with mercilessly. Their bodies are incredibly tough, and recover at a rate much faster than a human. Their flesh and muscle is so dense that they are practically impervious to small-arms fire, and temperatures around and above 400degrees just makes them feel a little toasty. Such extremes of heat are common on their homeworld, as there exists deserts with such strong natural radiation that most living creatures are cooked alive. And it is only in these locations that such unique creatures, like the Phoenixi, live. Which're reptilian birdlike creatures that're extremely resistant to heat and radiation, allowing them to live in such places comfortably. And it is such creatures that some Yautja hunt specifically to use their bodies to fashion special armor more resilient to plasma weapons and other heat/energy based tools of death. As per ritual, such hunters are only permitted to carry a single combistick (telescopic spear) with them to kill the creature.

And this all concerning the Males of their species. Females are not sent out to hunt normally. Not because of some idea that women are inferior. No, to the contrary. Female Yautja are so far superior to their Male counterparts, that they would utterly embarrass them out on hunts. Females are bigger, stronger and far more dangerous than a male of the same age or even older. A Female will only chose a strong male, one that has proven itself on countless hunts and survived to be recognized in their society. Despite popular belief, not many get such recognition in comparison to their immense population. It's not uncommon for such esteemed and honored hunters to have mated with more than a single female, and to have more than several dozen offspring. Dachande, aka Broken Tusk, had sired 72 of his blood before his unfortunate end.

Yautja do not bother with enslaving other species, because it is completely unnecessary. Species that have evolved and become intelligent to a certain point are largely left alone. Those still considered inferior, such as Humans, aka Ooman (Soft Meat), are still hunted. But only with permission, and primarily in secret. Maintaining discretion is part of their hunts. As is erasing all evidence they were there in the event that knowledge of their existence is in danger of being made known. Which can result in extreme measures being taken.

Loading Video...

Extreme measures to be sure. Not just if they are discovered or technology is left behind, but if the Xenomorph population runs out of control during the Hunt as only a certain number is intended as part of the Ritual Trials. Of course, there are exceptions. Usually when no one would believe the survivors of the events that had occurred. Or that the surviving Human had proven itself enough to avoid being killed, and instead rewarded for their efforts. Yautja are nothing if not fair. At least by their own standards. They often match their weapons to their prey. In so much that if a Human is using a projectile weapon, such as a gun, the Yautja will use their plasmacaster or burner (hand-held variant). If such prey is only using a blade, the Yautja may only resort to their wristblades or other melee weapon. Again, they are nothing if not fair.

The most common creature to be hunted and used for hunting is, of course, the Xenomorph. The Kainde Amedha, Hard Meat. Biologically perfect, incredibly adaptable, with talons and spikes harder than diamond and far more flexible. Surprisingly intelligent and controlled by a hive mindset in large groups, yet possess extraordinary cunning when in small numbers where Survival is more prudent than swarming. Xenomorphs are incredibly agile and fast, able to cling to most any surface and swim like eels in water. They are highly resistant to extremes of cold, even able to survive in a near-vacuum. Their very blood acts as a molecular acid and can completely dissolve most materials and organic substances, like human flesh. Only Yautja blood appears to have some natural resistance to the acidic nature of xeno blood, though it can be overcome with higher quantities of it. Resulting in whole limbs being melted away. Hence why a number of the Yautja's weapons are treated to specifically resist the effect of xeno blood. While beginner armor is not for Youngsters, the more seasoned warriors have earned the right to wear armor that can completely resist and negate the effects of xenomorph blood.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Dude.... f*ck reading all of that.

@i_like_swords: Sounds cool. The lifestyle of Yautja are comparable to the Trandoshans in multiple areas. Such as in that Yautja have their own preferred hunting species like Humans, Xenomorphs, Space Jockeys, and more depending on which clan. Plus they both are extraterrestrial races who's cultures revolve around a predominantly hunting society. As Yautja hunt for sport and will train for all of their lives whilst going on hunting trips. For in fact, Yautja have such long lifespans of training and fighting for several millennia to the point they no longer feel pain, fear, mercy, and hesitation and their skills will be perfected on a very inhumane level.

And for the social structure of Yautja, there are multiple Yautja clans seen throughout the Predator and AvP franchise. I'm sure there are plenty more clans out there besides the ones shown in the franchise due to Yautja being an entirely populated extraterrestrial race. Since there are so many clans, each one has different methods of training, rules, members, equipping, and what not. Though there are signature weapons of Yautja shown in all clans in the series with one of them being wrist blades and shoulder cannons as we see every single Yautja equipped with these. Clans differ as well in what species they hunt.

There is in fact a clan of Yautja who don't hunt Humans because they consider Humans quite easy prey. Clans/tribes are a common social structure for the Yautja race. Clans can vary in the amount of clan members it has. Often clans consists of unrelated male Yautja.

There are similarities, but also differences, I think. Trandoshans don't have the same hierarchy/caste system, and when a Trando becomes an adult they're generally independent in their hunting. The Predators are probably a little more hardcore, and they have a much longer life span, but eh, both are cool. Thanks for the info in any case. I might even get around to reading rei's bible if I get bored...

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: No problem. Well yeah I agree they definitely have notable differences in lifestyles. While Yautja do typically live in clans/tribes, they often let one of their member on a solo hunt if they're at least a youngblooded rank. Though they will on occasion hunt together, especially with unblood, or recruits to the clan. However, there are Yautja such as Wolf who are actually lone wolfs, or Yautja who solo-hunt and live without a clan. These types of Yautja are not limited to an honor code, but they do have their own personal morals while hunting to give themselves more of a challenge.

As for Rei, damn! That's a bible alright, but he knows very much about the series as well.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

Beautiful and outstanding!
Beautiful and outstanding!

12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords Can you link me that respect thread? I'd love to take a gander and read even more about Bossk than I already know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: And I'd like to see it. Cause, far as I know, the only one to do anything remotely in the same category was Maul with the Force amping his strength to punch through a Wampa's throat.

@fitnesstribesman13: Actually I think you were looking for the novel quotes. I can't find the scans online and getting scans from the Omnibus' are...taxing to say the least. However I did find my book "Hunter's Planet" and am reading back through it today. Am already in love with it again. Mostly because of Machiko Noguchi just being awesome.

AVP: Hunter's Planet page 54

She shrugged. "I went duck hunting once."

"Then you know something of the thrill of the hunt."

She nodded.

That was the understatement of the year.

Hunting with her pack had come to make multiple orgasms feel mild and mundane.

Machiko is just awesome.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Well, wookiee's are kind of known for it. Chewbacca has ripped opponents limb from limb in fights and in the Republic comic series, during Order 66 you catch a glimpse of a wookiee ripping off the arm of a Trandoshan slaver. Anyway, more to the point:

Rips a metal droid apart:

"The customs inspectors-multilegged droids, bristling with inspection probes and energy-level meters-continued their inspection of the Slave I. Their black, spidery forms could be seen through the ship's open hatches and up inside the transparent shielding of the cockpit. One of the inspectors lay crumpled in pieces, a few lights still forlornly blinking, on the thrust-scarred landing dock. That one had been a little too brusque in frisking the Trandoshan Bossk for any concealed weapons, and had paid the price in quick, bolt-snapping disassembly."

--The Mandalorian Armor

Muses over how he'd like to rip Zuckuss' head clean off:

"Bossk displayed an ugly, lipless smile toward the partner he’d been assigned. The urge to reach over and pull the other’s head off, air hoses and comlink wires dangling like the tendrils of swamp weed surrounding the birth pits back on Trandosha, was almost irresistible."

--The Mandalorian Armor

I can't remember who's perspective this is written from, but Bossk again is stated as being capable of ripping beings limb from limb:

"Bossk had overhead the comment. "I'm ready to do business with him," the Trandoshan growled from behind Boba Fett. "Right now." His clawed hand hung close to the empty blaster holster at his side. Even without a weapon, Bossk looked ready to take on whatever army the Shell Hutts had assembled, as though he could pull each of the mercenaries apart, limb from limb, with nothing but his own brute strength."

--The Mandalorian Armor

It's stated Bossk can physically challenge a wookiee in melee combat:

“Like a trophy fighter in top condition, Bossk was massive enough to challenge a wookiee, but he would win this game by guile… or trickery, if need be.”

--The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk

Dengar is worried that if he were to fight Bossk, he'd have his head torn off:

"I bet, thought Dengar. He leaned against the side of the hatchway, watching Boba Fett make some final navigation adjustments. He'd had his own encounters with Trandoshans, including the former owner of this ship, and they had all been unpleasant. Bossk had had a reputation for a hot temper even back in the days of the old Bounty Hunters Guild, when he'd had presumably less to gripe about. Cross him, and you were likely to get your head unscrewed from your shoulders like the lid of an emergency rations canister."

--Slave Ship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

And I'd like to see it. Cause, far as I know, the only one to do anything remotely in the same category was Maul with the Force amping his strength to punch through a Wampa's throat.

Oh, and he's done more than that, by the way. He ripped a Varactyl's head off with his bare hands. 7th line. And he didn't punch through the wampa's throat, he punched through it's torso.

No Caption Provided

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Curious Swords, No plot devices, no outside help do you think Bossk could take good ol' chewy?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Well, wookiee's are kind of known for it. Chewbacca has ripped opponents limb from limb in fights and in the Republic comic series, during Order 66 you catch a glimpse of a wookiee ripping off the arm of a Trandoshan slaver.

Ripping an arm off is nice. Ripping someone's spine out of their entire body, with attached skull, in a single effortless move, is another entirely.

Rips a metal droid apart:

We kinda see Clones do that to Battle Droids. The majority of droids in SW tend not to be "Built Ford Tough", if you catch my meaning.

Muses over how he'd like to rip Zuckuss' head clean off:

I won't say he couldn't do it, but...that's something Yautja do all the time.

Loading Video...

I can't remember who's perspective this is written from, but Bossk again is stated as being capable of ripping beings limb from limb.

That seemed more to state his frame of mind, rather than ability. He could probably pull limbs off, depending on the sentient it happened to be, but ripping the entire spine out in one go is another thing entirely. with an arm or leg, you have one joint, some tendon and muscle. With the spine, it's connected by thousands of fibers and blood vessels and, well, ribcage and pelvis, back muscles and so forth. That's a lot more to have to fight with. And Yautja do it so easily.

It's stated Bossk can physically challenge a wookiee in melee combat.

That's nice, but...we have long since established that Yautja are far above Wookiee's in strength.

No Caption Provided

Dengar is worried that if he were to fight Bossk, he'd have his head torn off:

Well Dengar is...Dengar. Not much more needs be said there. Should worry more about if a Yautja decides to take your head.

No Caption Provided

In all honesty, Machiko Noguchi could take out Bossk. She at least has a reason for being good enough to hang with Yautja in combat.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: You asked to see Bossk ripping limbs/heads off, I've essentially given you that. I'm not sure why you're proceeding to plaster the thread with full-sized scans. It might be warranted if I was ever claiming Bossk > Predator. On the point about "clones do that all the time" - clones pull off the heads of B1 battle droids, lol. Bossk turned an inspection droid into a pile of scrap. It's quite different. I don't know why you think it matters that Yautja also pull heads off "all the time", all I was doing was demonstrating that Bossk can do this. It's not really a competition.

Edit:

Well Dengar is...Dengar. Not much more needs be said there.

Do you actually know anything about Dengar?

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Lol, nice Icon do you think it'd be too close to call?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baztet: Chewie is bigger and stronger, but unlike Bossk he isn't willing to fight dirty or use his claws. Bossk has the edge of looser morals, and as a result, piercing damage, and I think he's probably a faster and more skilled fighter than Chewie. I'm not sure mostly because I don't know a great deal about Chewie and I scarcely see people posting about him.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

@baztet: Chewie is bigger and stronger, but unlike Bossk he isn't willing to fight dirty or use his claws. Bossk has the edge of looser morals, and as a result, piercing damage, and I think he's probably a faster and more skilled fighter than Chewie. I'm not sure mostly because I don't know a great deal about Chewie and I scarcely see people posting about him.

Cause Chewie never gets any love on this site D:! Lol.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Btw I found what I was looking for.

AVP: Hunter's Planet pg 92

The Planet Blior was an Earth-type world, forth of seven planets around a GO sun. It had five moons, none of which were large.

When Machiko had read the specs on the computer in her prepping work, she had understood why Livermore Evanston had taken the time, the trouble, and the huge expense to settle and colonize this world for his own business purposes. It was an ideal world, with a nice atmosphere, a perfect axial spin, which gave it mild seasons, and a terrific balance between sea and land. There were twenty-nine Australia-sized continents distributed around the planet. Evanston had actually started his colony on only one, leaving lots of room for growth.

AVPL Hunter's Planet Pg 125-126

Standing on its hind legs in the slight valley below, lunging and slashing at its attackers, was a thirty-foot tall beast with a tail the size of a large tree, teeth and claws the size of butcher knives.

The attackers were ten yautja.

They could have been members of her old pack. But, then, Predators had no particularly variable fashion consciousness. They pretty much all wore the same kinds of clothing and armor. They were using spears and other manual weapons to deal with the creature, although a couple stood in the background with plasma pushers. This was a baiting game, clearly, not particularly in the realm of honorable.

She'd somehow expected to see Predators here and was glad that her hunches were paying off. It was good to have that knowledge. However, the beast provided the biggest surprise.

She'd never seen it before. She recognized it from books.

It was a tyrannosaurus rex.

So that was one of the things that big DNA factory had been up to. It made a lot of sense. She'd heard that the biotechnology was available to bring back monsters of the past not just from old DNA, but from actually building DNA patterns according to specifics. She had just never seen it in use before.

Hard to imagine it done on a more dramatic level.

Love this book.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By reikai

@fitnesstribesman13: Not a problem there. Good to read it again. All the fun, just before the genetically augmented and cybernetically enhanced Xenomorphs are thrown into the mix and royally tick off the Yautja.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@fitnesstribesman13: Not a problem there. Good to read it again. All the fun, just before the genetically augmented and cybernetically enhanced Xenomorphs are thrown into the mix and royally tick off the Yautja.

Woah! Weren't they called Xenoborgs too?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Something like that. It was funny as in actual battle against a team of Predators rushing the biofactory, the xenoborgs were completely overwhelmed by fear because the artificial parts removed the very instincts that made xenos so dangerous in the first place. All their extra weapons and things didn't mean squat against the Yautja who were now fully aware of what they were and were absolutely pissed about this whole outrage and blasphemy.

Basically like 30 Yautja against more than a hundred of these Xenoborgs, and the yautja stormed them and shredded their numbers with skill and military tactics. With them being led by Bakuub (a Yautja) and Machiko. It was great. One of the yautja got blasted over by a minigun from one of the Xenoborgs. He got right back up, roared, and charged the damn thing.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@fitnesstribesman13: Something like that. It was funny as in actual battle against a team of Predators rushing the biofactory, the xenoborgs were completely overwhelmed by fear because the artificial parts removed the very instincts that made xenos so dangerous in the first place. All their extra weapons and things didn't mean squat against the Yautja who were now fully aware of what they were and were absolutely pissed about this whole outrage and blasphemy.

Basically like 30 Yautja against more than a hundred of these Xenoborgs, and the yautja stormed them and shredded their numbers with skill and military tactics. With them being led by Bakuub (a Yautja) and Machiko. It was great. One of the yautja got blasted over by a minigun from one of the Xenoborgs. He got right back up, roared, and charged the damn thing.

Oh wow, and I do in fact have a partial quote of the battle, but I don't have the part where the Yautja resisted futuristic minigun fire. What I like about the battle also was how it said they were even dodging the ammunition of the Xenoborgs.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Much earlier they evaded a guy firing into trees with an energy weapon that obliterated the leaves and wood so fast it didn't have time to catch fire before being turned into carbon particles.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@fitnesstribesman13: Much earlier they evaded a guy firing into trees with an energy weapon that obliterated the leaves and wood so fast it didn't have time to catch fire before being turned into carbon particles.

Sounds impressive! Perhaps another quote? I'm trying to collect as many Yautja feats as you can see... But in return of favor, here are some feats for Yautja you might have not remembered or noticed:

self-explanatory
self-explanatory
hanging onto speeding plane for 8 hours

kicking through a cop's body

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eisenfauste

Dengar > Predator

That is all.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nick_hero22

@reikai said:

Sounds impressive! Perhaps another quote? I'm trying to collect as many Yautja feats as you can see... But in return of favor, here are some feats for Yautja you might have not remembered or noticed:

self-explanatory
self-explanatory

That airplane scan was from a dream that the main character was having about the Predator, and not an actual event that took place in the comic; so if you would have posted the next couple of pages then he would have saw Schaefer wake up from his dream.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dengar > Predator

That is all.

You sir are bequeathed a boot to the head.

Loading Video...

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: Whoops... Perhaps I skimmed through it to fast.. I'll just replace with another highly respectable strength feat for Yautja.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Nah Dengar could take a predator though I feel like you don't know much about him in the first place....

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What grade is the predator? just an average one gets slaughtered but an ancient one would win

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: We've had countless threads, CAV's and even comic battles of the week, between Boba and a Predator. And Predator always won. Dengar is, at best, 4th place to Boba. He's not even a contestant.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: I was talking in regards to this thread Dengar could beat a predator. He wouldn't win against a composite predator which I assume was used in the CaV's. No idea how they had Boba losing to a predator though.....

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: I was talking in regards to this thread Dengar could beat a predator. He wouldn't win against a composite predator which I assume was used in the CaV's. No idea how they had Boba losing to a predator though.....

I'll be honest right here. I just though you didn't give Yautja enough credit than they really deserve... Or in the first place you didn't know that Yautja had more impressive feats than you thought. Anyways, Yautja seriously aren't given the credit is seems they deserve out here not only on comic vine, but on other forums as well. In reality, they're usually tougher than what people expect.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Eisenfauste

@fitnesstribesman13: I give them credit where they deserve but a predator won't be beating Fett not with his speed, gear, and damage soak especially if its EU Fett who has Besk'gar. Which is entirely off-topic but just my own opinion.....

I believe they have more respect on the vine than they had before but with some of their battles people have them "winning" its getting a little ridiculous.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By reikai

@eisenfauste: Yautja has superior weapons overall, stealth that Boba can't detect, several times more experience, physically stronger and faster, auto-targeting plasmacaster, among other things. Dengar, under the same conditions in any of these matches, would still lose.

People keep confusing Unblooded Youngsters losing to PIS in the films for the top tier of their race. All that Arnie and Danny fought were kids who were trying to earn their hunting status, and were being watched. Scarface is one of the top tier Predators out there. At over 200yrs old he's an absolute beast.

Loading Video...

As has been said about him before, Scarface was left on a desolate planet as punishment for surviving his own bomb. He had nothing but wristblades and a glaive and was attacked by scorpion-like xenos. 100yrs later when his clan returns, there was nothing left but the mountains of bodies to keep him company. He hunted an entire species to extinction with just what he was left with.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: Now it really all depends on if the person can defeat the argument of the other person on battle threads to determine at best which character would win the fight. Then that's how CaVs come in handy where we have people who are often experts on the knowledge of whichever character who will both be argued over the most likely outcome of the fight.

Which leads me to the other idea where Yautja experts Nick, reikai, m0ntyb0y, and me should have this full out team debate, or tournament sort of against the same number of users with great knowledge on Boba Fett and SW verse. That should make clear of the outcome of the battle as well. I'm sure there's a name for this method of debating on comic vine, but I'm not familiar with what it's called..

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai:

Yautja has superior weapons overall

O rly? And what makes you say this?

stealth that Boba can't detect

Nah he could, still a visible outline when light is bent around the predator, and unless you show me a specific feat where they can't be detected by thermal scopes of Boba's calibre then he has another way to see it, that is if the Predator decides to cloak....

faster

Yeah no. You show me a predator having microsecond reaction time and reacting to beings with pre-cog then I could concede it is as fast.

auto-targeting plasmacaster

Doesn't matter at all.

Dengar, under the same conditions in any of these matches, would still lose.

A non cloaked predator in an arena fight with Dengar would lose, Dengar is faster, has comparably powerful weaponry and years of skill as a tier 1 Imperial Assassin and bounty hunter. . . .sure in some scenario's he would lose, but all of them? lol nope.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13: Someone arguing for x character beating another x character doesn't necessarily mean said character would be able to win in a fight. I could be arguing for superman beating Thor and if the other guy puts out a better argument then I lose the CaV but it in no way does it mean Thor can beat Superman considering his superior speed by a mile, versatility, strength etc. . .

Interesting concept you should PM some users about a predator/SW CaV, it would be interesting to see.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste: That's what I'm sort of trying to explain, which is that these sort of arguments may not be 100% accurate, but we definitely get an idea of the outcome of the fight if it's a person who's an expert on X character vs. person who's an expert on X character.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eisenfauste:

O rly? And what makes you say this?

Taking out a drop ship with one shot from a plasmacaster. Did the same to an attack helicoptor. 90% of the time you only see their Casual hunting gear. And that's enough to stomp down humanity in the 26th century. The stuff they keep lying around for other things is even more brutal.

Predator BFG
Predator BFG

Nah he could, still a visible outline when light is bent around the predator, and unless you show me a specific feat where they can't be detected by thermal scopes of Boba's calibre then he has another way to see it, that is if the Predator decides to cloak....

Because it's never been able to. Not in the 20th century. Not even in the 26th century after humans had uncovered and reverse-engineered Yautja technology. They still can't detect a stealthed Predator. Yautja in stealth don't show up on thermal imaging. Not even their own. They use a completely different sensory mode to specifically detect stealth and other variable technologies. Boba can't.

Yeah no. You show me a predator having microsecond reaction time and reacting to beings with pre-cog then I could concede it is as fast.

You show me Boba actually succeeding against a Named Jedi with Feats and not baseless speculation based off two run-ins with Vader, the later of which didn't give a single $hit about Boba and the Fett had to run away both times. You put way too much faith in a precog ability that only works best when it's used to read other peoples Intent. And it absolutely fails if they can mask their intent and thoughts.

Yautja have dodged automatic fire at close ranges, as well as energy weapons. And earlier, one ran and moved alongside a speeding sports car moving over 90mph, kept getting in front of it and terrifying the driver until he crashed and died.

Doesn't matter at all.

It does as it means Boba nor Dengar is getting the drop on him.

A non cloaked predator in an arena fight with Dengar would lose, Dengar is faster, has comparably powerful weaponry and years of skill as a tier 1 Imperial Assassin and bounty hunter. . . .sure in some scenario's he would lose, but all of them? lol nope.

He would lose 10/10. A Youngster has more training and experience than Dengar and would only lose due to ego. A Blooded Warrior and above would break him in half. Yautja hunt the deadliest and most cunning monsters in the galaxy. For Fun. Yautja take apart cybernetically enhanced marines wielding plasma weapons, with nothing but bare hands and blades.

Yautja have their own martial art, stated as being more complex and beautiful than anything ever found on Earth. This coming from Machiko Noguchi, who is a martial arts expert.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@fitnesstribesman13: Btw I found what I was looking for.

AVP: Hunter's Planet pg 92

The Planet Blior was an Earth-type world, forth of seven planets around a GO sun. It had five moons, none of which were large.

When Machiko had read the specs on the computer in her prepping work, she had understood why Livermore Evanston had taken the time, the trouble, and the huge expense to settle and colonize this world for his own business purposes. It was an ideal world, with a nice atmosphere, a perfect axial spin, which gave it mild seasons, and a terrific balance between sea and land. There were twenty-nine Australia-sized continents distributed around the planet. Evanston had actually started his colony on only one, leaving lots of room for growth.

AVPL Hunter's Planet Pg 125-126

Standing on its hind legs in the slight valley below, lunging and slashing at its attackers, was a thirty-foot tall beast with a tail the size of a large tree, teeth and claws the size of butcher knives.

The attackers were ten yautja.

They could have been members of her old pack. But, then, Predators had no particularly variable fashion consciousness. They pretty much all wore the same kinds of clothing and armor. They were using spears and other manual weapons to deal with the creature, although a couple stood in the background with plasma pushers. This was a baiting game, clearly, not particularly in the realm of honorable.

She'd somehow expected to see Predators here and was glad that her hunches were paying off. It was good to have that knowledge. However, the beast provided the biggest surprise.

She'd never seen it before. She recognized it from books.

It was a tyrannosaurus rex.

So that was one of the things that big DNA factory had been up to. It made a lot of sense. She'd heard that the biotechnology was available to bring back monsters of the past not just from old DNA, but from actually building DNA patterns according to specifics. She had just never seen it in use before.

Hard to imagine it done on a more dramatic level.

Love this book.

One of my less favorite to be honest, Predator: Turnabout is my favorite with Predator: South China Sea a close second. I liked Hunter's Planet, just not as much as some of the others, even War I thought was better.

Still better than the abomination that was Forever Midnight.