Pre-Retcon Beyonder vs. The Presence (DC)

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaeternus

@bronze_surfer: The Presence also states he created everything, the presence states this and is clearly holding the DCU in his hands pre new 52. New 52 states in Phantom Stranger recent issues that he can do anything and created everything while he transports himself and PS from hell to Heaven instantly....and threatens PS to watch his tone with how he speaks to him or he can erase him from existence...I read the issues so I know this, do you want me to find PS respect topic to post this?

Presence is still the representation of God, period. Ellaine Belloc is irrelevent this isn't apart of the New 52

James_Lockart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By James_Lockart

Presence.

But threads like this are really good for one thing: Giving people headaches.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Presence.

But threads like this are really good for one thing: Giving people headaches.

That's for sure lol, headaches, technicalities and semantics. I just get a kick out some people think Beyonder is the "most powerful thing in comics history!!!" lol

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@vaeternus: Just to clear things up I don't think Beyonder wins I only dissagree with The Prescence being omnipotent

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaeternus:

the presence being the representation of God doesn't mean anything considering that preacher's supreme being has also been referred to as being God (i already posted the bio). And the over monitor was called God by grant morrison in an interview:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2009/02/03/inside-the-mind-of-grant-morrison?page=2

that's what it says:

In the case of comic book stories, it's the war between white page and ink. And who's to say that the page might want that particular story drawn on it? [laughs] What happens if the page is a bit pissed off at the story that's drawn on it? So I thought of the page as God. The idea being that the Overvoid – as we called it in Final Crisis - of the white page as a space is sort of God.

i think i provided enough evidence to support my side of the argument, all you did was cite a wiki which can be edited by anyone. And all it does, is support my argument, since the wiki's are available to anyone which is why the presence being the creator is common knowledge.

i am aware that the presence appeared in the new 52, but that is completely irrelevant, because the DC cosmology didn't change with the new 52. Pandora merged the already existing wildstorm, vertigo, and DC timelines in flashpoint #5, which led to the new 52.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Vaeternus

@ rolldestroyer: But it does though since nobody's power is greater then God's and Presence IS God, the difference is there's actual evidence and scans to prove Presence is all powerful as oppose to the preachers supreme being, not to mention lack of feats compared to Presence...The reason I posted a wiki link was to show you obvious details that are fact and true to the definition of the Presence and what he is. Not to try to prove any feats since I'd just use scans in that case but as someone else already has, he's holding a ball as the DCU deciding what to do with it...

How is me posting new 52 irrelevant when it is relevant, since that's the current DCU? Obviously you mustn't read DC since pre new 52 is no irrelevant...and obviously different then new 52. Yes I'm aware of what caused the New 52 storyline wise, but realistically speaking writer wise it's a new reboot on the DCU and thus different from before...outside of some things remaining the same such as Presence/The Voice being the same apparently, Superman, Batman, WW, GL origins etc, etc

@bronze_surfer: Ok, well then in that case I agree with you on Presence winning but disagree with the omnipotent thing. Given everything I've read on Presence in the comics, he seems omnipotent and existed since the beginning of time.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vaeternus

@shawnbaby: Yes, but they're also accurate, monitored and constantly updated. In fact when I had questions concerning comic characters the mods here at CV and veteran users way back when I was a noob on here referred me to the CV wiki. Even now if I'm not sure concerning a character people recommend it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Yes, but it's accurate and constantly updated. In fact when I had questions concerning comic characters the mods here at CV and veteran users way back when I was a noob on here referred me to the CV wiki.

The point is wiki's are not authoritative sources. On-Panel evidence trumps Wiki's every single time.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Vaeternus

Wiki's can help a lot though if edited correctly, nobody is going to want to search for every panel especially if that universe has been rebooted. Besides, the on panel evidence proves my point anyway(that someone else posted earlier in this topic)

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ rolldestroyer: But it does though since nobody's power is greater then God's and Presence IS God, the difference is there's actual evidence and scans to prove Presence is all powerful as oppose to the preachers supreme being, not to mention lack of feats compared to Presence...The reason I posted a wiki link was to show you obvious details that are fact and true to the definition of the Presence and what he is. Not to try to prove any feats since I'd just use scans in that case but as someone else already has, he's holding a ball as the DCU deciding what to do with it...

Yeah, and i already showed you that both preacher's supreme being and over monitor are God. You can continue ignoring it.

There are also many scans that disprove that presence is all powerful.

How is me posting new 52 irrelevant when it is relevant, since that's the current DCU? Obviously you mustn't read DC since pre new 52 is no irrelevant...and obviously different then new 52. Yes I'm aware of what caused the New 52 storyline wise, but realistically speaking writer wise it's a new reboot on the DCU and thus different from before...outside of some things remaining the same such as Presence/The Voice being the same apparently, Superman, Batman, WW, GL origins etc, etc

yeah i have read it, you're referring to phantom stranger #5, particularly this part correct?

but what you're not getting is that pandora merged the already existing timelines/universes.

ill let you have the last word, but the evidence i posted speaks for itself.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vaeternus

@rolldestroyer: Right...because I totally didn't prove already several times that Presence=God right? lol

Scans that show Presence isn't powerful? Really? scans then? Did you ignore the scans already posted in here with Presence holding the white ball that represents the entire DCU? Yet you say I'm ignoring things? I was actually referring to PS # 9 and #10 but he also showed up in 5 when PS fought the Spectre and he more or less broke it up.

I get it perfectly fine, I'm reading Trinity War currently, I know who Pandora and I understand full well but that is irrelevant...I never questioned how the New 52 was created, what you're not getting is Presence is the most powerful character in DCU and is God at the end of the day.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolldestroyer: Right...because I totally didn't prove already several times that Presence=God right? lol

you're not even trying to understand what im saying.........i never disputed the fact that presence is God, what im saying is that DC has several God(s), one of them being the Presence. And i already proved that.

Scans that show Presence isn't powerful? Really? scans then? Did you ignore the scans already posted in here with Presence holding the white ball that represents the entire DCU?

Lol, you do understand that im the one who posted them, right? and again, you didn't understand what i said, to quote myself:

There are also many scans that disprove that presence is all powerful.

all powerful meaning omnipotent. i hope you know that.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand what you're saying, I'm saying you're missing MY point. I'm listing the factual creator of the DCU which in this case is the Presence pertaining to the thread...you're going on about semantics, references what people said or pre 52 comic archs. That's lovely and all but that's not my point. Not just the ones that you posted(which helps my point if anything) but the one the OP posted, and the ones within the wiki links I posted...

Presence is the TOP God let's put it that way, there is no disputing this, it's a fact. I understand what you said, you're going off topic with other things about New 52 created because etc, etc.

Yes, and Presence is omnipotent last time I checked he states he has always existed both in New 52 and pre. Tell ya what though, if you're trying to dispute "someone being more powerful then Presence" please post a scan or proof of someone literally defeating the Presence directly, if you can do that I will retract my previous statements.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: GEB pre new 52 was said to be the only thing in DCU equal to presence as stalemate, and actually you can be omnipotent and have equals. Look at The Q Continuium in Star Trek, existed before time as they even stated in a few episodes as well as being omnipotent(being omnipotent has nothing to do with having equals or not). Being God in DCU means a lot actually and Beyonder wasn't god, he was from a different Universe of Beyonders and apparently stupid and unsure as he admitted he wanted to learn about humans and got fooled by Dr. Doom...Presence would never lose to Dr. Doom. Neither of which actual God would question since he already knows everything in this case(The Presence)

You're confusing "a god" with "God-God" Superman for example is considered a God of Men on Earth in several stories. In most cases it's nothing but a rank like Thor's case, Odin etc. But none of which compare to the actual God as in creator of everything...

Presence=Based on Actual Abrahamic God

Odin, Mepheisto =Gods of a planet or realm no where near God's power.

God>>>>>>minor god ranks of something

Seriously, anyone at this point who actually thinks Beyonder can beat Presence is a biased fanboy or simply ignorant to what Presence is.

Q and the Continuum are not omnipotent!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Vaeternus

@jackknight: Yes they are....I own every Q episode and several of them state it besides the main Q.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight: Yes they are....I own every Q episode and several of them state it besides the main Q.

Aren't they all equal in power? because if they are then they defiantly not omnipotent!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Vaeternus

@vaeternus said:

Aren't they all equal in power? because if they are then they defiantly not omnipotent!

No, they're not all equal in power(Q had his taken away by the rest of the Q continuium in ST The Next Generation.) They're still omnipotent though they've existed since beginning of time and Q explains this in a few episodes, in one of the later episodes one of the older, more experience Q's state they've always been ominipotent and when they had war with each other black holes, super novas etc in space were happening lol...Apparently a group of them if they so decide can overrule and remove another ones power, they did this to Q but only a Q can do such. No other race can do such much less harm a Q only them. They seem to share the same powers but clearly some in the Q are more powerful then others, several have stated they're omnipotent though as a race.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight said:

@vaeternus said:

No, they're not all equal in power(Q had his taken away by the rest of the Q continuium in ST The Next Generation.) They're still omnipotent though they've existed since beginning of time and Q explains this in a few episodes, in one of the later episodes one of the older, more experience Q's state they've always been ominipotent and when they had war with each other black holes, super novas etc in space were happening lol...Apparently a group of them if they so decide can overrule and remove another ones power, they did this to Q but only a Q can do such. No other race can do such much less harm a Q only them. They seem to share the same powers but clearly some in the Q are more powerful then others, several have stated they're omnipotent though as a race.

Existing before time doesn't make you omnipotent.

Look that Oblivion, he is one of the most powerful and coolest abstracts in Marvel and he stated that he existed before the multiverse and yet he's not omnipotent!

Also the Continuum had a civil war were alot of Q died.

Oh and did I forget to mention, that in Star Trek: Voyager they stated that there was a gun that could kill a Q!!!!!!!!

Q (while still an awesome character) and the Continuum don't have the feats to prove they are Omnipotent (and while I did said one time that feats don't matter, I WAS WRONG!!!!!!).

Mr. Mxyzptlk and the rest of the 5th Dimensional Imps are basically what Q and the rest of the Continuum are and even they have shown better stuff then Q and the Continuum.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Epicbeast3000

I thought the omnipotent threads were banned.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Vaeternus

@jackknight: I know but several of the Q over various series of ST have stated they're omnipotent, so clearly they're omnipotent the part about living forever, existing before anyone else was just facts about them.

Yes, a lot of Q died but only at the hands of each other...nobody else can kill them or harm them, and keep in mind that gun was created by the Q. Only they can depower, harm or power up themselves. Nobody else in the entire universe can, also remember during that civil war what you saw was only a human understanding of it Q even stated because they were using advanced weapons and during the war black holes, super novas, space quakes etc were going off...hurting other planets and races. Oblivion clearly isn't omnipotent though, the Q are that's the difference and they can do whatever they want, take whatever form they wish etc. There really is no limit to what the Q can do.

They have feats, they're omnipotent race that can do anything lol. Do you remember Q showing up in 3 different points in time during a 2 hour show? Or how he nearly changed the past or instantly transported the Enterprise to the Borg years and years before they were ready? Comparing a comic book character to a limited TV showing character is unfair, but that being said Mxy has more weaknesses then the Q in that you say his name backwards, and isn't very bright... the Q on the other hand are all knowing, all seeing. Another Q even says this during the episode where they took away Q's power temporarily.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@vaeternus: Wasent Q power taken away from him by other Q. If so he is not omnipotent. The whole point of being omnipotent you cant die, have your powers taken away or not be able to affect others. This is another reason why the Presence can not be omnipotent. He has at least 2 equals the Great Evil Beast and God Swamp Thing. Looking at God Swamp Thing he was said to be a threat to the Presence. If the Presence was actually omnipotent he would not have a threat. Their could not be a threat. He could swipe him away with a thought. But he could not he was a threat to him. Q lost his power and could not snap his fingers and get it back so he was not omnipotent he was not able to do something. Many Q died in a civil war. They were not able to survive whatever killed them or wish themselves back to life so that is something they could not do therefore they are not omnipotent. Beyonder had his power stolen against his will so he is not omnipotent.

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackknight: I know but several of the Q over various series of ST have stated they're omnipotent, so clearly they're omnipotent the part about living forever, existing before anyone else was just facts about them.

Yes, a lot of Q died but only at the hands of each other...nobody else can kill them or harm them, and keep in mind that gun was created by the Q. Only they can depower, harm or power up themselves. Nobody else in the entire universe can, also remember during that civil war what you saw was only a human understanding of it Q even stated because they were using advanced weapons and during the war black holes, super novas, space quakes etc were going off...hurting other planets and races. Oblivion clearly isn't omnipotent though, the Q are that's the difference and they can do whatever they want, take whatever form they wish etc. There really is no limit to what the Q can do.

They have feats, they're omnipotent race that can do anything lol. Do you remember Q showing up in 3 different points in time during a 2 hour show? Or how he nearly changed the past or instantly transported the Enterprise to the Borg years and years before they were ready? Comparing a comic book character to a limited TV showing character is unfair, but that being said Mxy has more weaknesses then the Q in that you say his name backwards, and isn't very bright... the Q on the other hand are all knowing, all seeing. Another Q even says this during the episode where they took away Q's power temporarily.

Using the term "Omnipotent" doesn't mean anything (Unless you really are God) Odin was consider omnipotent twice:

No Caption Provided

And Darkseid also considered himself omnipotent one time:

No Caption Provided

Again BULLCRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mxy's weakness about saying his name backwards is abit silly (And the fact he got beat up by Superboy-Prime but he was depowered when that happened and whole thing was nothing but PIS and when Joker tricked him into giving him 99% of his powers) but apart from that Mxyzptlk is character that you can definatlu consider to be near omnipotent.

Everything Q can do Mxy can also do only better and do more stuff.

Also Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite during the story arc "Superman and Batman: World's Funnest" (Though that story wasn't canon but still) fought each other and destroyed the multiverse (Including there home dimension and our universe) and then Mxyzptlk recreated it all.

that's certainly better than anything Q and the rest of the Continuum has every done!!!!!!!!!!!

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Vaeternus

@bronze_surfer: His powers were removed temporarily to teach Q a lesson since he was being irresponsible with his powers, the Q as a race are however omnipotent. Yes, he was never killed. The only ones who can kill a Q are the Q themselves so it's like two omnipotent characters in comics stalemating each other...it doesn't mean you're "not" omnipotent. You can be immortal and not die, yet doesn't mean you're ominipotent like Vandal Savage or Lobo....

The Q can do virtually anything they want, they're more or less the God of STU they've watched the universe since the beginning of time, are ominipotent and not to be messed with.

Presence is omnipotent because again he represents God and was never defeated and created everything in the DCU, GEB is only but a part of the Presence doesn't make the Presence any less omnipotent, as I asked the other guy if there's proof of Presence being defeated post the proof or it never happened because I know it never happened. Beyonder is beyond overrated, people label him in the same class as Presence, TOAA other omnipotent beings but he's not because as you said he had his powers stolen from him. The war between Q created guns to hurt themselves, they act as a group of ominipotent members and should one go awol or nuts the rest of the Q continuium deal with them. They only died because again at the hands of each other, only the Q can harm the Q...the only way a Q can be harmed by a lower species is if their powers have been removed by elder Q's as we saw in one episode. If you think Presence isn't omnipotent then I guess neither is TOAA since it's really Stan Lee who didn't even create every Marvel character, story etc and supposedly "Beyonder" was as powerful as TOAA according to a lot of Marvel fans, so if you're saying beyonder wasn't omnipotent since Dr. Doom stole his powers then I guess neither is TOAA is they're considered "equal"

@jackknight said:

Using the term "Omnipotent" doesn't mean anything (Unless you really are God) Odin was consider omnipotent twice:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Mxy's weakness about saying his name backwards is abit silly (And the fact he got beat up by Superboy-Prime but he was depowered when that happened and whole thing was nothing but PIS and when Joker tricked him into giving him 99% of his powers) but apart from that Mxyzptlk is character that you can definatlu consider to be near omnipotent.

Also Mxyzptlk and Bat-Mite during the story arc "Superman and Batman: World's Funnest" (Though that story wasn't canon but still) fought each other and destroyed the multiverse (Including there home dimension and our universe) and then Mxyzptlk recreated it all.

that's certainly better than anything Q and the rest of the Continuum has every done!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, obviously DS and Odin aren't omnipotent but just a comic saying such since both have been defeated by lower level characters. That's not really the case with Mxy, Presence or Q though. When have we've seen a lower powered being defeat any of them? Well, Superman has fooled Mxy but not really defeated him.

True about Mxy's weakness saying his name backwards is silly, but so is people bragging about Pre retc beyonder claiming he's omnipotent and all powerful etc yet is so dumb he had his powers stolen from him by a mortal...lol PIS happens sometimes in comics as well as TV, games, movies etc. Much like Q, some shows were PIS at times like for example having other Q's take his power away but obviously in some kind of court agreement then you have another show where the crazy Q wanted to die, and him vs. the other Q were just fighting back and forth yet neither could just "take" the others power away....so how does that work? PIS happens in general, look at beyonder lol why do you think marvel retconned him because they realized how dumb the character was.

As for mxy doing anything Q can do, probably true but my point was Mxy unlike Q has weaknesses. Such as the name twist, as silly as it is you can't harm a Q with something as dumb as that. Yeah I know about the Superman/Batman: World's funnest, as you said it wasn't canon. If it was that would have been a great example of Mxy's power, similar to the civil war with the q they were destroying space literally with their war again creating black holes, super novas these things destroy a universe you know that right? Multiverse all that nonsense only exists in comics half the time. I honestly think the only stories that explained that well was the Crisis on two earth's story with Owlman trying to destroy Earth Prime to take out the rest of the Earths in the multiverse, and TMNT Turtles Forever same thing with what Shredder was trying to do(even though he would have killed himself as well)

But as you said on the mxy thing, not canon therefore not relevant. If you're going to use that then I'll just use Q messing with time and preventing anything from happening and they can commute and do things like bring back the dead and enter the afterlife. As we saw in the show where Picard died and Q gave him a second chance.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By rolldestroyer

@vaeternus said:

I understand what you're saying, I'm saying you're missing MY point. I'm listing the factual creator of the DCU which in this case is the Presence pertaining to the thread

one question: How can say that you're listing the factual creator when i showed you on panel evidence of someone else creating DCU?

you're proven wrong right here.

you're going on about semantics, references what people said or pre 52 comic archs. That's lovely and all but that's not my point. Not just the ones that you posted(which helps my point if anything) but the one the OP posted, and the ones within the wiki links I posted.

pre 52 or post 52, it doesn't matter, because DCU was created before the new 52. Let me show you its history:

1. The creator (whoever that is, which is unclear) creates the universe

2. Krona's experiment creates the multiverse.

3. Anti Monitor destroys the multiverse leaving only 1 universe in the process

4. Alexander luthor creates 52 universes

5. DC merges with vertigo and wildstorm

how does event #5 influence event #1? the flashpoint merge didn't affect DCU's origins whatsoever.

@vaeternus said:

Yes, and Presence is omnipotent last time I checked he states he has always existed both in New 52 and pre. Tell ya what though, if you're trying to dispute "someone being more powerful then Presence" please post a scan or proof of someone literally defeating the Presence directly, if you can do that I will retract my previous statements.

i never argued that a DC character can beat the presence, never. But the writer is above him when he chooses to manifest in a comic book, just like Grant Morrison did in Animal Man #26 (he was also introduced in the issue prior to that)

"im your writer"

Hence presence's comment which bronze_surfer posted from Lucifer #75 : there are forces beyond him (makes sense considering this issue takes place 16 years after morrison's animal man run)

that's how the the natural order of things work in DC.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Vaeternus

@ rolldestroyer, I'm not wrong if you believe that, you're wrong about a simple fact of DCU creator. I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. You're listing for one A. pre 52 panels(that is retconned in case you're unaware) so technically anything you post before the new 52 reboot is irrelevant. Since all battle topics use current version unless specified. Presence however hasn't changed in the respect of creating the DCU. Only certain GL stories weren't effected with continuity, few other things here and there. Otherwise everything has been updated, modernized, changed etc while keeping the core element the same(ie Superman, WW, Batman, Flash, GL, MMH's backgrounds etc etc but slightly altered some of their personalities/powers. Example: Superman can alter the temperature of his body(which he couldn't do before) his personality is more edgy, not as "goody good" as he was. GL(Hal) is more sarcastic and slightly less serious then before, Flash is more like the animated show, witty, silly at times. These characters were not like this pre new 52...and there's many others but I'm not going to get into that, you get the point I trust.

Back on the presence, your own scan that you posted even goes against your point so you're contradicting yourself with other characters nobody has ever heard of claiming to create the DCU when there's no solid proof of this.

I'm aware of DCU's history but you're forgetting one thing, the New 52 didn't effect SOME Things but changed or effected everything else. As for Wild Storm, they merged with them. Vertigo is apart of the same universe as DC and DC owns Vertigo in case you're unaware, this has been long before the new 52. The only newer elements is they literally merged Vertigo characters like Constantine and Swamp Thing into the mainstream DCU. Still, even prior to that Vertigo was under DC labels...always has.

Ok then, so you've admitted that no character in DCU can beat the Presence implies you know yourself there is nothing more powerful and admit this yes? Because you saying "Presence isn't all powerful" implies otherwise and would totally contradict what you just said. As for the writer thing, that is obvious and goes for anything but every writer who's wrote Presence has had him at the same level which is God, creator of the DCU. Like you said, that hasn't changed anything but there's also no mention of GEB in the new 52 so until there is, Presence as far as I'm concerned is truly the most powerful, omnipotent being in DCU and the top tier.

So, by your logic I guess every wiki, detailed bio about The Presence(even though it's 100% accurate including CV's) would be false then and not true? Even though they all confirm Presence being the God of DCU? I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing at this point...

@ Jackknight, dude being omnipotent doesn't translate to =not being able to be defeated. It just means you're all powerful, all mighty and able to do anything. So should you bump into someone else omnipotent, who's to say you can't lose? Definition of the word...

1. om·nip·o·tent

/ämˈnipətənt/
    Adjective
    (of a deity) Having unlimited power; able to do anything.
    Noun
    God.
    Synonyms
    almighty - all-powerful

Where does it say there that you CAN'T die or be defeated? Omnipotent is an impressive rank, but at the end of the day it's just a rank of power.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By rolldestroyer

^heh, i just spent quite a amount of time responding to your edit post and came to see if you edited anything else, turns out you re-edited it. Good move, i think we're better off agreeing to disagree.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ssj4hulk said:

@carter_esque: There isn't much to debate here.Presence wins.

Presence is the god of DC Universe.There is only one being that can defeat him ( T0AA) and one being that can stalemate him ( Man of Miracles ).Beyonder,in my opinion is 4th most powerfull being in fiction,but compared to those 3 guys above him,he is out of his league.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rolldestroyer: Wow you knoweledge on DC Gods and stuffs are outright scare. Awesome collection of scans, and i totally bookmark the Grant Morrion interview thingy, :)

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NeonGameWave

Stalemate.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Vaeternus

Actually, at patrat and carter esque, presence and toaa would be a stalemate. Tosa wouldnt beat presence nor would presence beat toaa.

@rolldestroyer: it posted it twice it froze while i edited then lost half my post so i said screw it. I guess its for the best to just agree to disagree...

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JackKnight

@bronze_surfer: His powers were removed temporarily to teach Q a lesson since he was being irresponsible with his powers, the Q as a race are however omnipotent. Yes, he was never killed. The only ones who can kill a Q are the Q themselves so it's like two omnipotent characters in comics stalemating each other...it doesn't mean you're "not" omnipotent. You can be immortal and not die, yet doesn't mean you're ominipotent like Vandal Savage or Lobo....

The Q can do virtually anything they want, they're more or less the God of STU they've watched the universe since the beginning of time, are ominipotent and not to be messed with.

Presence is omnipotent because again he represents God and was never defeated and created everything in the DCU, GEB is only but a part of the Presence doesn't make the Presence any less omnipotent, as I asked the other guy if there's proof of Presence being defeated post the proof or it never happened because I know it never happened. Beyonder is beyond overrated, people label him in the same class as Presence, TOAA other omnipotent beings but he's not because as you said he had his powers stolen from him. The war between Q created guns to hurt themselves, they act as a group of ominipotent members and should one go awol or nuts the rest of the Q continuium deal with them. They only died because again at the hands of each other, only the Q can harm the Q...the only way a Q can be harmed by a lower species is if their powers have been removed by elder Q's as we saw in one episode. If you think Presence isn't omnipotent then I guess neither is TOAA since it's really Stan Lee who didn't even create every Marvel character, story etc and supposedly "Beyonder" was as powerful as TOAA according to a lot of Marvel fans, so if you're saying beyonder wasn't omnipotent since Dr. Doom stole his powers then I guess neither is TOAA is they're considered "equal"

@jackknight said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Yes, obviously DS and Odin aren't omnipotent but just a comic saying such since both have been defeated by lower level characters. That's not really the case with Mxy, Presence or Q though. When have we've seen a lower powered being defeat any of them? Well, Superman has fooled Mxy but not really defeated him.

True about Mxy's weakness saying his name backwards is silly, but so is people bragging about Pre retc beyonder claiming he's omnipotent and all powerful etc yet is so dumb he had his powers stolen from him by a mortal...lol PIS happens sometimes in comics as well as TV, games, movies etc. Much like Q, some shows were PIS at times like for example having other Q's take his power away but obviously in some kind of court agreement then you have another show where the crazy Q wanted to die, and him vs. the other Q were just fighting back and forth yet neither could just "take" the others power away....so how does that work? PIS happens in general, look at beyonder lol why do you think marvel retconned him because they realized how dumb the character was.

As for mxy doing anything Q can do, probably true but my point was Mxy unlike Q has weaknesses. Such as the name twist, as silly as it is you can't harm a Q with something as dumb as that. Yeah I know about the Superman/Batman: World's funnest, as you said it wasn't canon. If it was that would have been a great example of Mxy's power, similar to the civil war with the q they were destroying space literally with their war again creating black holes, super novas these things destroy a universe you know that right? Multiverse all that nonsense only exists in comics half the time. I honestly think the only stories that explained that well was the Crisis on two earth's story with Owlman trying to destroy Earth Prime to take out the rest of the Earths in the multiverse, and TMNT Turtles Forever same thing with what Shredder was trying to do(even though he would have killed himself as well)

But as you said on the mxy thing, not canon therefore not relevant. If you're going to use that then I'll just use Q messing with time and preventing anything from happening and they can commute and do things like bring back the dead and enter the afterlife. As we saw in the show where Picard died and Q gave him a second chance.

Even if we had to use canon feats for both Mxy and Q, Mxy still has plenty of feats that buts high a little bit higher then Q.

As for his weakness, It not you saying his name backward that beats him it making him say his name backward that does and even then it doesn't really beat him all it does is sends him back to the 5th dimension (his home dimension) and even then he should be able to comeback anytime he wants.

Also no being unbeatable is one of the whole things about being omnipotent! if your beatable then you are not omnipotent plain and simple!

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Carter_esque

Good debate, let's keep this goin' shall we?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i never argued that a DC character can beat the presence, never. But the writer is above him when he chooses to manifest in a comic book, just like Grant Morrison did in Animal Man #26 (he was also introduced in the issue prior to that)

"im your writer"

Hence presence's comment which bronze_surfer posted from Lucifer #75 : there are forces beyond him (makes sense considering this issue takes place 16 years after morrison's animal man run)

that's how the the natural order of things work in DC.

Thanks!

Before that I thought the writer was shown on Panel only in Marvel.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Vaeternus

@jackknight: mxy really only has a few more feats shown then q no doubt due to comicbook is a canvas that allows you to do more vs. a tv show, movie or game with limited time to be.fair. Still i think q could perhaps fool mxy i to saying his name, since superman did it among d lets be honest. Q is obviously far more powerful then supes.

Yes mxy appears to do what he wants but much like batmite being his equal more or less, so to the other q. Sure its silly but obviously theyre still omnipotent because the q are all knowing, all seeing. A q even states this in a show if you wish i can post a video for you. But my point was being omnipotent doesnt say you cant be defeated by another omnipotent being or stalemated at least being my point.

But it's probably we just agree to disagree buddy ;) most of the time I find myself agreeing with you usually anyway on here. I just think people typically underestimate non-comic book characters on here.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TJSH96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TJSH96

Pre-Retcon Beyonder obliterates The Presence. The Presence is nowhere near Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Omniscient. It has been debated if The Presence is omnipotent or not since he was not able to kill The Great Evil Beast, and they later merged so you could say that the resulting being was omnipotent. It was shown that he was not able to shape himself as Yahweh and characters like Michael Demiurgos had the potential to succeed him against his will, also in Lucifer he stated that he was shaped by forces external to himself. However as of Final Crisis the Primal Monitor is hinted to be omnipotent, although it is still unknown at this time. Different stories portray it as being the "creator of the DC universe" and thus transcending all things with the Presence itself being its representation within creation. Like characters that are Omnipresent, there exists only one, and in all realities at once.

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Xaa

The Presence

Presnce wins here no doubt!!!

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaa said:

The Presence

Why would you bump this thread when this threads against the rules?

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@xaa said:

The Presence

I did not know it against rules, it was not closed. If it were against rules wouldnt it be closed?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaa said:

@jwwprod said:

@xaa said:

The Presence

I did not know it against rules, it was not closed. If it were against rules wouldnt it be closed?

Well it should have been because we are not allowed to use omnipotent characters in threads.

Xaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@xaa said:

@jwwprod said:

@xaa said:

The Presence

Well it should have been because we are not allowed to use omnipotent characters in threads.

oh ok I message the moderator to make sure my friend.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By HeraldofGanthet