Pre-New 52 Captain Marvel vs. Wildstorm's Apollo

tgd124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By tgd124

For those of you who don't know, both are among superman's power level, super strength, invulnerability, and flight. Captain Marvel ("Shazam") is a kid who gets his powers by speaking the word "SHAZAM!", and instantly gains the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles, and speed of Mercury. Apollo is a former U.S. soldier, who went under extensive alterations making him almost a Sun God, with flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability, and heat vision, however, he needs frequent exposure to full sunlight to recharge his powers and his health.

I think this would be a pretty cool match, and please explain who you side with and why

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Normally I would have said Apollo. He should be equal if not close enough in the strength department to hurt Marvel. He also isn't above killing his opponent when in a fight. Atom was even worried during their encounter. Sadly though; Apollo will begin to lose steam after about an hour, and since Marvel is strong enough as well as durable enough to go the distance, he will eventually take it. Apollo would need to get to the sun and Marvel has no problem following him there. Billy wins after a decent fight.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Black

Marvel wins without too much trouble.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By terry2012

Marvel wins

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#5  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Normally I would have said Apollo. He should be equal if not close enough in the strength department to hurt Marvel. He also isn't above killing his opponent when in a fight. Atom was even worried during their encounter. Sadly though; Apollo will begin to lose steam after about an hour, and since Marvel is strong enough as well as durable enough to go the distance, he will eventually take it. Apollo would need to get to the sun and Marvel has no problem following him there. Billy wins after a decent fight.

I like that you actually wrote out a response. So few do... Anyway, I've got some questions about it. You think Apollo would lose steam after about an hour, but why would that be an issue? How often do fights take anywhere near that long? What suggests to you that this fight would drag on for more than an hour? You also say that Apollo would need to go to the sun but Marvel can follow him, but going to the sun doesn't just bring Apollo back to full strength, it super charges him, so Marvel may follow him, but he would find Apollo to be even more powerful than before.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Buckshot said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I like that you actually wrote out a response. So few do... Anyway, I've got some questions about it. You think Apollo would lose steam after about an hour, but why would that be an issue? How often do fights take anywhere near that long? What suggests to you that this fight would drag on for more than an hour? You also say that Apollo would need to go to the sun but Marvel can follow him, but going to the sun doesn't just bring Apollo back to full strength, it super charges him, so Marvel may follow him, but he would find Apollo to be even more powerful than before.

Ok your right about fights not going long. But big-gun characters tend to have extended battles. Except for the fight Between Blue Marvel and Sentry, which was a bit too short for my taste. Marvel has fought Superman on more then occasion and I feel that while powerful: Apollo would have to press his powers to their limits. As for the sun. I should have elaborated, Marvel stops Apollo before he gets their if he's weakened. I really meant it as though he could follow Apollo into the air towards the Sun. lol

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83: Even extended though, I can't really recall any fights between two powerhouses that dragged on for that kind of time, and even if there were some, it's definitely not what happens most often. I think with access to a Door, Apollo is not going to be prevented from reaching the sun.

deadpoolrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By deadpoolrules

@Guardiandevil83 said:

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@_Black said:

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By blackadamFTW

I'm gonna say Captain Marvel. Apollo has some pretty impressive durability feats, but Captain Marvel's battles are pretty impressive.

Remi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Remi

Cap, no problem.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

@_Black said:

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jeanroygrant

Captain Marvel is a league above Apollo. Captain Marvel would win.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lady_liberty

I think that unless Apollo gets to the sun, Marvel will crush him.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Guardiandevil83

I forgot about the door!

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Can't the door get you anywhere in a second? Well now I'm thinking Apollo could fight for a while until weakened, call for the door, get to the sun and come back even stronger. But I still see Marvel winning. His abilities are more magical then anything else. Not entirely sure..but can he even grow tired?

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

Captain Marvel wins.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Vertigo-

Depends. Apollo could take this fight to the sun, giving him one hell of an amp letting him compete on better footing and possibly take then win. He's even done it in combat before. Barring that, he isn't beating Billy

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HeirToTheKingdom

Captain Marvel.

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick1994: bumping this made no sense when most people decided on a winner and you were the last person to comment. ?

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

@fearsinestro said:

@nick1994: bumping this made no sense when most people decided on a winner and you were the last person to comment. ?

Other people posted, and you not liking that I bumped this thread is no concern of mine.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apollo does what he does best. Doors himself and marvel to the sun. Marvel just loses after this happens

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apollo does what he does best. Doors himself and marvel to the sun. Marvel just loses after this happens

Too bad Captain Marvel is leagues faster than Apollo, and can blitz him before Apollo gets the chance to do so.

And Captain Marvel has insane Superman - level durability and healing factor, so he can survive within the sun, even if it happens, but it will not.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By noah_ouellette

@lord_spectrum: eh. Marvel doesn't usually use his speed in combat ever. It's why he is considered a lower high tier. His other stats are great but he never uses it in combat. While captain Atom was losing hardcore against Apollo who was using his speed in combat. Atom had to direct all of the Suns energy into him to KO him. Marvel just won't last here. Apollo will just keep staying at max level while marvel will waver.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@noah_ouellette:

eh. Marvel doesn't usually use his speed in combat ever.

Same thing is with Superman and Flash, plot hinders him.

And he has blitzed in combat actually, he bltized Superman a few times, Black Adam and etc..

It's why he is considered a lower high tier.

Not really, he is in the same tier as Superman, but is just faster than him.

His other stats are great but he never uses it in combat.

And here go the scans that make your argument invalid.

While captain Atom was losing hardcore against Apollo who was using his speed in combat.

Atom wasn't losing hardcore against Apollo, and Atom while physically powerful is below Wonder Woman.

Also Mary Marvel, who has a portion of Captain Marvel's power totally dominated Captain Atom.

Atom had to direct all of the Suns energy into him to KO him.

He didn't direct ALL of Sun's energy, just enough energy to overload Apollo. And in case you didn't know if Cap absorbs too much energy too fast he makes a quantum jump/time travel, which didn't happen here, so he didn't absorb that much energy.

Marvel just won't last here.

He will, he survived far worse, like this.

No Caption Provided

And don't forget that he has Superman-level durability, so withstanding within the sun is no problem for him, even if he doesn't he has insane healing so it wouldn't matter, also he can call his magic lightning to heal himself.

Apollo will just keep staying at max level while marvel will waver.

Ain't gonna happen.

Marvel will blitz the hell out of him. And Cap himself can use the power of Zeus and Atlas to augment his strenght thus making their gap in physical might even bigger.

And he has magic on his side, and unlike Apollo Marvel has vast healing abilities and can use magic lightning to heal himself.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: I don't know why you posted feats from different times. This isn't composite marvel. It's current. And Atom is a superman level being. He just has ridiculously low showings. With some very high showings. But he is superman level but usually loses to him. And Apollo was trashing him ridiculously easily lmao. Atom tricked him into going to the sun to be overloaded. Marvel doesn't have this option

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@noah_ouellette:

I don't know why you posted feats from different times.

All of those feat are pre-52.

This isn't composite marvel. It's current.

I guess you didn't read the OP, he said PRE-52, not current.

And Atom is a superman level being. He just has ridiculously low showings.

He is not Superman level in physical strength, but is Superman level in energy manipulation category.

With some very high showings.

Indeed.

But he is superman level but usually loses to him.

He never lost to Superman. -_-

But anyways you already conujured up enough lies.

And Apollo was trashing him ridiculously easily lmao.

More lies, please.

Apollo didn't trash him. He couldn't even scratch Atom's exosuit, while Mary Marvel did some good damage to it.

Atom tricked him into going to the sun to be overloaded. Marvel doesn't have this option

Yes, Marvel doesn't have that option.

Marvel is far stronger, way faster than Apollo, he has near-Flash-level speed, can regenerate from the worst, has Superman-level durability, which means he can tank anything Apollo can throw him, and has other usefull abilities as well and even if Apollo does the teleportation, Marvel can fly back in less than a second, or if Marvel had enough of Apollo, he will blitz the hell out of him and physically wreck him without that much trouble.

And Apollo inside the sun can get overloaded, so he won't stay there that long though.

And Apollo isn't gonna get chance to teleport Marvel, he will get blitzed by someone who is nearly as fast as Flash.

CaptFalcon725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Cheese FTW

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And here go the scans that make your argument invalid.

What comic were those last 3 scans from?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@nick1994:

Adventures in the DC Universe issue 7, if i recall correctly.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By Lvenger
@lord_spectrum said:

@nick1994:

According to a quick Google search that series is supposed to take place in the Batman animated series and STAS universe, aka the DCAU. So they're non canon to Post Crisis Captain Marvel.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It would be PIS too. Nate losing to Mary just sounds like bad writing.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@lord_spectrum said:

@nick1994:

According to a quick Google search that series is supposed to take place in the Batman animated series and STAS universe, aka the DCAU. So they're non canon to Post Crisis Captain Marvel.

My bad, didn't know that one.

Thanks for clarification though.

@nick1994 said:
@lord_spectrum said:

@nick1994:

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Though they are non-canon, so it's hardly usefull.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@lord_spectrum said:

@nick1994:

My bad, didn't know that one.

Thanks for clarification though.

@nick1994 said:
@lord_spectrum said:

@nick1994:

Thanks.

My pleasure.

Though they are non-canon, so it's hardly usefull.

Thanks anyway, and thank you @lvenger for clarifying that it's non-canon.

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick1994: I don't care that you bumped it I just found it funny and a bit asinine that you'd bump it after making the last comment. No need to get insecure when people call you out.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick1994: I don't care that you bumped it I just found it funny and a bit asinine that you'd bump it after making the last comment. No need to get insecure when people call you out.

Well you obviously did care since you were the one that brought it up, and again you believing it was "funny and asinine" for me to bump this thread is no concern of mine.

FearSinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick1994: I don't care. Taking 6 seconds to address the hilarity of this has no implication of concern on my part I was just calling you out in jest. Don't flatter yourself on that. And no need to get insecure about it either.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

@fearsinestro said:

@nick1994: I don't care. Taking 6 seconds to address the hilarity of this has no implication of concern on my part I was just calling you out in jest. Don't flatter yourself on that. And no need to get insecure about it either.

You didn't really imply that you were just jesting in your initial post since you gave me a thumbs down, so I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.