#1 Posted by tgd124 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

For those of you who don't know, both are among superman's power level, super strength, invulnerability, and flight. Captain Marvel ("Shazam") is a kid who gets his powers by speaking the word "SHAZAM!", and instantly gains the wisdom of Solomon, strength of Hercules, stamina of Atlas, power of Zeus, courage of Achilles, and speed of Mercury. Apollo is a former U.S. soldier, who went under extensive alterations making him almost a Sun God, with flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability, and heat vision, however, he needs frequent exposure to full sunlight to recharge his powers and his health.

I think this would be a pretty cool match, and please explain who you side with and why

#2 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally I would have said Apollo. He should be equal if not close enough in the strength department to hurt Marvel. He also isn't above killing his opponent when in a fight. Atom was even worried during their encounter. Sadly though; Apollo will begin to lose steam after about an hour, and since Marvel is strong enough as well as durable enough to go the distance, he will eventually take it. Apollo would need to get to the sun and Marvel has no problem following him there. Billy wins after a decent fight.

#3 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel wins without too much trouble.

#4 Posted by terry2012 (5211 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel wins

#5 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Normally I would have said Apollo. He should be equal if not close enough in the strength department to hurt Marvel. He also isn't above killing his opponent when in a fight. Atom was even worried during their encounter. Sadly though; Apollo will begin to lose steam after about an hour, and since Marvel is strong enough as well as durable enough to go the distance, he will eventually take it. Apollo would need to get to the sun and Marvel has no problem following him there. Billy wins after a decent fight.

I like that you actually wrote out a response. So few do... Anyway, I've got some questions about it. You think Apollo would lose steam after about an hour, but why would that be an issue? How often do fights take anywhere near that long? What suggests to you that this fight would drag on for more than an hour? You also say that Apollo would need to go to the sun but Marvel can follow him, but going to the sun doesn't just bring Apollo back to full strength, it super charges him, so Marvel may follow him, but he would find Apollo to be even more powerful than before.

#6 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Buckshot said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

I like that you actually wrote out a response. So few do... Anyway, I've got some questions about it. You think Apollo would lose steam after about an hour, but why would that be an issue? How often do fights take anywhere near that long? What suggests to you that this fight would drag on for more than an hour? You also say that Apollo would need to go to the sun but Marvel can follow him, but going to the sun doesn't just bring Apollo back to full strength, it super charges him, so Marvel may follow him, but he would find Apollo to be even more powerful than before.

Ok your right about fights not going long. But big-gun characters tend to have extended battles. Except for the fight Between Blue Marvel and Sentry, which was a bit too short for my taste. Marvel has fought Superman on more then occasion and I feel that while powerful: Apollo would have to press his powers to their limits. As for the sun. I should have elaborated, Marvel stops Apollo before he gets their if he's weakened. I really meant it as though he could follow Apollo into the air towards the Sun. lol

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Even extended though, I can't really recall any fights between two powerhouses that dragged on for that kind of time, and even if there were some, it's definitely not what happens most often. I think with access to a Door, Apollo is not going to be prevented from reaching the sun.

#8 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

#9 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

#10 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna say Captain Marvel. Apollo has some pretty impressive durability feats, but Captain Marvel's battles are pretty impressive.

#11 Posted by Remi (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, no problem.

#12 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2827 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Black said:

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is a league above Apollo. Captain Marvel would win.

#14 Posted by Lady_Liberty (8281 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that unless Apollo gets to the sun, Marvel will crush him.

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot about the door!

#16 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't the door get you anywhere in a second? Well now I'm thinking Apollo could fight for a while until weakened, call for the door, get to the sun and come back even stronger. But I still see Marvel winning. His abilities are more magical then anything else. Not entirely sure..but can he even grow tired?