Pre Crisis Darkseid vs Odin Destroyer Armor (Read OP)

• 116 results
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@logy5000 said:

@czarny_samael666: It was his after he absorbed it.

Similar thing could be said about Soulfire or ALE. Thanos' power isn't IG's power. That is the reason why this isn't his energy.

@logy5000 said:
No Caption Provided

@a88378438:

1.When has it happen?
2.Context? A specially whole page and one before that one.
I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By I_am_Warlock

@logy5000 said:

@czarny_samael666: It was his after he absorbed it.

No it wasnt, why would a magic orb and excalibur even begin to be his power, or the power of Mordru and Time Trapper? Thats like saying after having absorbed HOTU the power was his, which it wasnt.

PC Darkseid has some nice feats, nothing that puts him at Odin level, let alone with destroyer armor. This is a stomp.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@I_am_Warlock: Yes, it is. Just because you got it from other sources doesn't mean that it can't be yours.

Say that you're cold and so you stand near a fireplace. You warm up. So now there is more heat flowing through the body. The heat came from the fire, but it's still your heat. It's part of you, it's in you. It came from a different source, but it's your now.

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By I_am_Warlock

@logy5000 said:

@I_am_Warlock: Yes, it is. Just because you got it from other sources doesn't mean that it can't be yours.

No it isnt for 2 simple reason:

1. The power was from an external source which has absolutely no relationship whatsoever with Darkseid.

2. He lost the power at the end of the series, or rather by the end of the series. Pointing to the fact that the amp was temporarily and hence much similar to Hear of Infinity that Thanos got.

Say that you're cold and so you stand near a fireplace. You warm up. So now there is more heat flowing through the body. The heat came from the fire, but it's still your heat. It's part of you, it's in you. It came from a different source, but it's your now.

Are we talking about cold or a battle between 2 characters? A temporarily amp a character gets for one story arc, a power he has never before had or a power he never had again. Is not is power.

GDS is an amped up version, this thread is talking about normal PC Darkseid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@I_am_Warlock: I guess you don't understand what I was saying. When he absorbed the power, it became part of him. He used it as his own power. If it weren't part of him, he would have been able to conjure it out of his bare hands.

I_am_Warlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By I_am_Warlock

@logy5000 said:

@I_am_Warlock: I guess you don't understand what I was saying. When he absorbed the power, it became part of him. He used it as his own power. If it weren't part of him, he would have been able to conjure it out of his bare hands.

A simple question, how exactly is The Heart Of Infinity any different from that?

I couldnt care less if he conjured it with his hands, legs, feets or his arse.

The power he got was not his, its a temporary boost that he received, a boost that he lost by the end of the series and hence inconsequential to this thread.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: OP says all powers & abilities; doesn't that mean we can use GDS version?

Nah man its not his "native" powers, its a temporary amp he got from various artifacts. Also it say full access to all "his" powers, hard to tell how much of that was his power and how much of it was thanks to the amp.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

No, You don't understand. It is not his standard eq. It also doesn't come from him. Similar with Thanos - IG, HOTU nor CC aren't his normal power, while his shields and teleportation device is. He always have last two things, while other ones he had only in separate stories. Ergo - Darkseid doesn't have DS or any other BOOST here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Good point.

Without the GDS amp Odin wins.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By XxGin

PC Darksied after a good battle. Seriously PC Darksied was so OP back in the old days that he is easily among the most powerful of super powered beings. You need a god to take him out. The dude tossed around PC Superman like nothing for god sakes.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

PC Darksied after a good battle. Seriously PC Darksied was so OP back in the old days that he is easily among the most powerful of super powered beings. You need a god to take him out. The dude tossed around PC Superman like nothing for god sakes.

And considering how PC Superman was considered a god among characters now, is PC Darkseid a God of Gods?

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

And considering how PC Superman was considered a god among characters now, is PC Darkseid a God of Gods?

PC Superman is godly, yes but he still loses out to beings like Odin.. You know how Superman always gets his ass handed over to Darksied? well back in the old days PC Darksied was the one who does the ass whopping that was how badass he was.. sigh they just had to nerf him.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxgin said:

No he didn't. PC Darkseid actually never fought PC Superman. He fought PC Superboy on only one occasion, during Great Darkness Saga, and that fight consisted of Darkseid getting knocked over by a punch (well, two punches; Superboy and Supergirl hit him at the same time), followed by teleporting Superboy back to his own time. Supergirl actually tossed him about a bit after that though, even punching him into orbit, before he teleported back and overpowered her.

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By spiderbuck1

Odin even without the armour is going to anihilate the Pre-crisis Darkseid. YOu're over-hyping him too much.

First of all, he doens't have any feat that would put him even close to Odin's level. Second you keep mentioning OF. Well the fact is that OF done nothing to

vastly depowered and hurt COIE AM

, I'm c'mon Kal-L (Earth-2 Superman) was able to hurt him badly wiht those 2 asteroids (AM was turned in the flaming skeleton) and Darkseid did nothign except hurling him into a star and hurting him even more. COIE AM was killed by Earth-2 Superman. So not much of the feat for Pre-Crisis Darkseid. Not to mention that it has been shown on panle that OF can't erase from existence beings more powerfull than Darkseid. And Odin is such being, he has a feats on universal and mutliversal scale, and what does PC Uxas have ? Besides even if you don't except the previous statement that I posted you can't deny the fact that Odin is important for the universe.

Odin's death was felt in all planes of reality.

Face it Odin >>>> PC Darkseid, Odin in Destroyer Armour >>>>>>>>>>> PC Darkseid.

jayman1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin

SpideyJust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers