• 71 results
nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@nickthedevil said:

Also, I have an answer to this. I didn't reaed it at the time, but going over this thread, I can answer this Question.

Darkseid has dismantled the Infinity Man with a single shot.

And?

Firestorm has likewise turned back the same energy at Darkseid.

I fail to see how this has anything to do with the Infinity Man, who, I will add, is leagues above Firestorm.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@claymore1998: I think you're missing what I'm saying - I don't believe that Darksied had ever fought a Pre Crisis Superman.

Anyways - I'm done debating with you, Nickthedevil has pretty much everything covered in one of his earlier posts, and you've been mixing up what I've been trying to say these past few posts, along with the fact that you haven't provided a counter argument for the Omega Beams.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Claymore1998

@nickthedevil said:

I fail to see how this has anything to do with the Infinity Man, who, I will add, is leagues above Firestorm.

I also fail to see what this has anything to do with Necrosword which itself is league above Infinity Man.

You are picking one high end feat and ignoring that Omega Beam can outright be turned against him, given Gorr and his black mystical construct can do that, not to mention he can open a portal from in front of his face to in front of Darkseid face to essentially re-create the same effect as a the pipe-like object Firestorm created.

@thetruebarryallen said:

@claymore1998: I think you're missing what I'm saying - I don't believe that Darksied had ever fought a Pre Crisis Superman.

Which is fine , you are likewise missing my point that Darkseid has never defeated anyone on Skyfather pedestal let alone beyond.

Anyways - I'm done debating with you, Nickthedevil has pretty much everything covered in one of his earlier posts, and you've been mixing up what I've been trying to say these past few posts, along with the fact that you haven't provided a counter argument for the Omega Beams.

Fair enough i can debate with Nick which is fine. I have been posting enough evidence to counter for Omega Beams, its just you keep asserting Omega Beams would wreck Gorr without being able to actual back if up with any shred of evidence.

If you want scans, if you want issue number, all you need do is ask.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

I also fail to see what this has anything to do with Necrosword which itself is league above Infinity Man.

You are picking one high end feat and ignoring that Omega Beam can outright be turned against him, given Gorr and his black mystical construct can do that, not to mention he can open a portal from in front of his face to in front of Darkseid face to essentially re-create the same effect as a the pipe-like object Firestorm created.

Show me the scan of Firestorm doing this. One that is pre-crisis. Firestorm does not have power of the Source, that should be impossible.

Secondly, When Gorr and his necrosword tank a solar system busting attack, (against Mantis, who had amped himself to be even leagues above pre-crisis Darkseid) call me.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nickthedevil
18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im still not sure with what gorr can do, so im leaning toward DS.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Claymore1998

Show me the scan of Firestorm doing this. One that is pre-crisis. Firestorm does not have power of the Source, that should be impossible.

Sure, like i said you want scan just ask.

JLA # 185

No Caption Provided

But then you say its impossible, what can i say?

Secondly, When Gorr and his necrosword tank a solar system busting attack, (against Mantis, who had amped himself to be even leagues above pre-crisis Darkseid) call me.

When Odin was able to hit him with a godblast so powerful it hurled him lightyears away.

One would think a blast capable of sending you light years away, physically, in matter of moments are capable of Solar System.

Also how about you show me one panel from Society of Secret Villains # 4 where the blast is described as being Solar System buster.

Yeah, I remember. Mordru and them.

Cool.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By nickthedevil

@claymore1998 said:

@nickthedevil said:

Sure, like i said you want scan just ask.

JLA # 185

No Caption Provided

But then you say its impossible, what can i say?

When Odin was able to hit him with a godblast so powerful it hurled him lightyears away.

One would think a blast capable of sending you light years away, physically, in matter of moments are capable of Solar System.

Also how about you show me one panel from Society of Secret Villains # 4 where the blast is described as being Solar System buster.

@nickthedevil said:

Yeah, I remember. Mordru and them.

Cool.

I call that one good ol' PIS. I'll tell you why: Considering this was late New Gods era, (I'm sure it is, telling from Orion's stupid suit. I never touched this era because of Kirby's restriction from his series) DC's horrible and guady attempt at reviving the series through alot of different stories. The horrible renditions only came to life because DC prevented Kirby's hand or ideas in the making of it. That being said, Simply making an "Air funnel" should not be ample substance to deflect the power of the Source.

Why would we assume that? All we know is it sends him light years away.

Why from Secret Society of Super villains?? The instance I'm talking about takes place in the Forever People.

It's around the same story where Infinity Man goes, "LOL, fuck gravity" and bends it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I call that one good ol' PIS. I'll tell you why: Considering this was late New Gods era, (I'm sure it is, telling from Orion's stupid suit. I never touched this era because of Kirby's restriction from his series) DC's horrible and guady attempt at reviving the series through alot of different stories. The horrible renditions only came to life because DC prevented Kirby's hand or ideas in the making of it. That being said, Simply making an "Air funnel" should not be ample substance to deflect the power of the Source.

Well it did.

Even if we ignore that, and i am ok with letting that go, my question stands. Has Darkseid every been able to defeat and destroy anyone as powerful as a skyfather class being let alone someone above him?

Why from Secret Society of Super villains??

Unless i am reading your earlier argument wrongly, i thought you were claiming Darkseid has tanked a solar system busting attack from Mantis which is why i asked the specific issue, thats the issue where an amped up Mantis faced against Darkseid and gets humbled pretty badly. One of few highlights from his pre-crisis days.

The scans is posted rather widely on KMC in every pre-crisis Darkseid thread.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

Well it did.

Even if we ignore that, and i am ok with letting that go, my question stands. Has Darkseid every been able to defeat and destroy anyone as powerful as a skyfather class being let alone someone above him?

Why from Secret Society of Super villains??

Unless i am reading your earlier argument wrongly, i thought you were claiming Darkseid has tanked a solar system busting attack from Mantis which is why i asked the specific issue, thats the issue where an amped up Mantis faced against Darkseid and gets humbled pretty badly. One of few highlights from his pre-crisis days.

The scans is posted rather widely on KMC in every pre-crisis Darkseid thread.

No, I've seen that scan.

But I was talking about the Infinity Man's durability. The infinity man tanks Mantis' Solar System busting attack. Thern Mantis gets scared and says, "Looks like one of your power might need more than that kind of power." Infinity Man proceeds to one shot him.

I'm saying, and the basis of my arguement, the Omega Effect has no bearing of durability. If it's target /is/ then it can be affected by the Omega Effect.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But I was talking about the Infinity Man's durability. The infinity man tanks Mantis' Solar System busting attack. Thern Mantis gets scared and says, "Looks like one of your power might need more than that kind of power." Infinity Man proceeds to one shot him.

Would you be able to provide me with a issue reference or scans?

I'm saying, and the basis of my arguement, the Omega Effect has no bearing of durability. If it's target /is/ then it can be affected by the Omega Effect.

I dont think thats a fair assessment. If thats the case you would expect Darkseid is basically be able to say one shot Anti-Monitor and kill him, after all durability doesnt matter.

Same with say Spectre, etc etc.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By nickthedevil

@nickthedevil said:

Would you be able to provide me with a issue reference or scans?

I dont think thats a fair assessment. If thats the case you would expect Darkseid is basically be able to say one shot Anti-Monitor and kill him, after all durability doesnt matter.

Same with say Spectre, etc etc.

I sure will. But I'm at work and I do not know the book issue number by heart. I do, however, have Kirby's four Omnibus' Fourth World. So when I return home, I will get that for you.

Not against the Anti-monitor. He is made of Anti-matter energies, a boundary outside of the Source. It's the reason the Spectre could not just wisk him away or utterly stomp him in their fight.

The Spectre is not a suitable example either, since they both draw from the same source, just different portions of it. The Spectre draws from the Wrath of the source, the same power that Orion draws from and has, in Kirby's books, stopped and tanked Omega Beams.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#

@claymore1998: Found it.

The comic book I'm referring to is Jack Kirby's Forever People Issue 2.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Darkseid wins?

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC darksied Should put up a good fight .

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Gorr easily defeated Old King Thor, a skyfather, and let him live, I'd say he wins. Also the Necrosword was used to defeat Galactus, and was able to create thousands of Black Berserkers.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a case of who hits first potentially.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr me thinks. The Necrosword and it's abilities are almost unfathomable. it's killed and wounded everyone from Skyfather level beings to Elder Gods.

Avatar image for travistouchdown
TravisTouchdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What feats does Old King Thor have exactly?