• 79 results
#1 Posted by garrettmana (469 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win, Each at there best with there best gear. Morals off. Fight to the death, ko is not a win

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (47800 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Deathstroke wins here. He's superior to New 52 Deathstroke in every aspect besides durability, and even that one is close.

#3 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

dont trust opinions from people that dont read deathstroke.

#4 Edited by Strider92 (18000 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 DS all the way.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (47800 posts) - - Show Bio

dont trust opinions from people that dont read deathstroke.

What?

#6 Posted by dondave (39779 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Moonman78 (1736 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win, Each at there best with there best gear. Morals off. Fight to the death, ko is not a win

new 52 DS couldn't have as many feats as the original, he wins in a landslide.

#9 Posted by garrettmana (469 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: U think he's stronger than New 52 DS? And I think new 52 has better equipment

#10 Posted by Wolverine08 (47800 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by laflux (20345 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 DS all the way.

Thinking about it, This. New 52 Slade may be stronger and more durable, but Pre-New 52 Slade's superior skill will allows him the win here.

#12 Posted by Pokeysteve (9039 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Deathstroke wins here. He's superior to New 52 Deathstroke in every aspect besides durability, and even that one is close.

Strength?

#13 Posted by Wolverine08 (47800 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Strength?

He's a bit stronger too, but after that, Pre 52 Deathstroke is superior to him in every way.

#14 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 is stronger and more durable. He also has more cutting power feats (all though this could be the result of his better strength). I would say Pre 52 wins this handily. We know a skilled fighter can bypass the armor, and we likewise know that pre 52 slades promethium blade has allowed slade to cut cars and he has also been able to cripple geo-force who is super humanly durable. He can cut the armor and work around his durability. Until new 52 slade fights teams of titans at a time he loses.

#15 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7446 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 if only he had the Nth metal.

#16 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre- 52 wins this 7 outa10

#17 Posted by RenaissanceMan (1361 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so retarded. Clearly the writers were giving Slade an upgrade when they gave him Nth metal armor. But people still want to make it seem as though he was more formidable before.

New 52 Slade wins.

#19 Posted by Wolverine08 (47800 posts) - - Show Bio

This is so retarded. Clearly the writers were giving Slade an upgrade when they gave him Nth metal armor. But people still want to make it seem as though he was more formidable before.

New 52 Slade wins.

The armor upgraded his strength and durability. New 52 Slade hasn't shown the fighting skill, speed, tactical ability, etc. of Pre 52 Slade.

#20 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt this "silly" to do right now? I mean, theres 20ish issues for new 52 slade and like a billion for pre 52. (exagerating obviously). so why not wait till he gets more feats? whats the point of pinning pre 52 slade with new 52 slade when he currently has like 3 feats that are even worth mentioning

#21 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

isnt this "silly" to do right now? I mean, theres 20ish issues for new 52 slade and like a billion for pre 52. (exagerating obviously). so why not wait till he gets more feats? whats the point of pinning pre 52 slade with new 52 slade when he currently has like 3 feats that are even worth mentioning

He has a lot more then 3 feats worth mentioning (I realize your are exaggerating probably but I am just noting that just encase).

As for why the OP would pin them against each other quality>>>>quantity. Just because a character has more feats doesn't mean they win. Obviously having more feats helps but having more showings can work against you. All though yea pre 52 wins based on current displays.

#22 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@foreverevil said:

He has a lot more then 3 feats worth mentioning (I realize your are exaggerating probably but I am just noting that just encase).

As for why the OP would pin them against each other quality>>>>quantity. Just because a character has more feats doesn't mean they win. Obviously having more feats helps but having more showings can work against you. All though yea pre 52 wins based on current displays.

yea lol i was exagerating. im just saying new 52 JUST started basically. 20 some issues is hardly the time to say lets compare pre and post. he hasnt even really fought DC mainstays. i think we'll have a better feel for whos stronger, faster, etc in maybe another year or 2. and even then thats just hoping. give it time. clearly the writers intended for him to have a powerset boost. which is why he now has nth metal which upgrades his healing factor, strength, and speed. no big deal, but i just think its pointless and unfair to pin pre 52 vs 20 some issue new 52

#23 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:
@foreverevil said:

yea lol i was exagerating. im just saying new 52 JUST started basically. 20 some issues is hardly the time to say lets compare pre and post. he hasnt even really fought DC mainstays. i think we'll have a better feel for whos stronger, faster, etc in maybe another year or 2. and even then thats just hoping. give it time. clearly the writers intended for him to have a powerset boost. which is why he now has nth metal which upgrades his healing factor, strength, and speed. no big deal, but i just think its pointless and unfair to pin pre 52 vs 20 some issue new 52

I see where you are coming from.

#24 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@foreverevil said:

I would also mention that New 52 has stopped with Deathstroke, so unless he is featured in another comic, he won't be getting much feats besides being a stepping stone for hero's.

#25 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@foreverevil said:

I would also mention that New 52 has stopped with Deathstroke, so unless he is featured in another comic, he won't be getting much feats besides being a stepping stone for hero's.

He might not be a stepping stone for the heroes. Pre 52 Deathstorke had a lot of good showings even when he was showing up as a villain in another book.

#26 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cable_extreme said:

@jashro44 said:

@foreverevil said:

He might not be a stepping stone for the heroes. Pre 52 Deathstorke had a lot of good showings even when he was showing up as a villain in another book.

This is true

#27 Edited by darkbeam (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: and Deathstroke has a big part in forever evil issue 4 I looked it up on Dc comics.com.

#28 Posted by Wyldsong (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

New 52 is stronger and more durable. He also has more cutting power feats (all though this could be the result of his better strength). I would say Pre 52 wins this handily. We know a skilled fighter can bypass the armor, and we likewise know that pre 52 slades promethium blade has allowed slade to cut cars and he has also been able to cripple geo-force who is super humanly durable. He can cut the armor and work around his durability. Until new 52 slade fights teams of titans at a time he loses.

Pretty much this right here.

#29 Posted by Cable_Extreme (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkbeam said:

@cable_extreme: and Deathstroke has a big part in forever evil issue 4 I looked it up on Dc comics.com.

Well, he played a part in the story, not so much feat wise.

#30 Edited by MonsterStomp (24009 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Deathstroke is much faster and much more skilled than the n52 Slade. The only thing that differs is the slight strength and massive durability factor. Other than that, pre-52 Slade has him outclassed in skill, speed and intellect.

#31 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

...so far

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (24009 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Indeed. But his series is really slow at the moment. So until then, he sucks.

#33 Edited by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil: Indeed. But his series is really slow at the moment. So until then, he sucks.

no dude, its done. his title run is over. so, now we'll see him whenever he makes in appearance somewhere else. It was a good run. I enjoyed the stories. I felt like they were trying too hard to show what really makes him tick as a charcter and that was great but they forgot to show us his abilities. there wasnt much that they decided to show off other than his strength and durability. eh, no worries. i know what the writers intentions were by giving him Nth metal, and thats obvious. its to give him an upgrade in strength healing factor speed and durability. the feats will come with time. no big deal

#34 Edited by Cable_Extreme (10545 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

no dude, its done. his title run is over. so, now we'll see him whenever he makes in appearance somewhere else. It was a good run. I enjoyed the stories. I felt like they were trying too hard to show what really makes him tick as a charcter and that was great but they forgot to show us his abilities. there wasnt much that they decided to show off other than his strength and durability. eh, no worries. i know what the writers intentions were by giving him Nth metal, and thats obvious. its to give him an upgrade in strength healing factor speed and durability. the feats will come with time. no big deal

I loved New 52, we just need more time to see how New 52 takes place and how they incorporate Deathstroke in like Teen Titans, or batman, or Nightwing ect... So fingers crossed.

#35 Posted by ForeverEvil (4887 posts) - - Show Bio

@foreverevil said:
@monsterstomp said:

I loved New 52, we just need more time to see how New 52 takes place and how they incorporate Deathstroke in like Teen Titans, or batman, or Nightwing ect... So fingers crossed.

agreed. well i gotta get to class. so i'll see yall later man

#36 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6195 posts) - - Show Bio

Ol Skool DS ftw

#37 Posted by HingleMacringleberry (70 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 Slade, he's way stronger, way more durable and has better gear, Old School gets crushed

#38 Posted by thelaughingman_Aoi (165 posts) - - Show Bio

pre based on his feats

#39 Edited by garrettmana (469 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#40 Posted by comicace3 (7817 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52

#41 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre new 52 at the moment but with the way new 52 just stomped bronze tiger we could change our minds completely if Slade gives batman the same treatment when they fight.

#42 Edited by BeaconofStrength (8796 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Didn't Slade recently lose his armor? If so, he doesn't have that much going for him anymore, does he?

Also, has Bronze Tiger done that much in the New 52? I can't recall him doing much, or impressive things.

#43 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Didn't Slade recently lose his armor? If so, he doesn't have that much going for him anymore, does he?

Also, has Bronze Tiger done that much in the New 52? I can't recall him doing much, or impressive things.

It seems Slade lost his armor all though this hasn't been confirmed yet, but this thread was made when he still had it. And yea I don't know if bronze tiger has done anything either which is why I don't think new 52 Slade can win yet.

If Slade does beat batman similarly to how he treated bronze tiger than I think new 52 deathstroke will win pretty easily though. All though we need to wait and see at the moment.

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (17588 posts) - - Show Bio

I think what jashro is saying is that even though Bronze Tiger doesn't have a whole lot of feats, the character is still supposed to be top tier in DC, so Slade stomping him might be an indication that Slade is going to be portrayed as a whole different beast from here on out.

#45 Posted by Noone301994 (11960 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength said:

I think what jashro is saying is that even though Bronze Tiger doesn't have a whole lot of feats, the character is still supposed to be top tier in DC, so Slade stomping him might be an indication that Slade is going to be portrayed as a whole different beast from here on out.

Exactly. We just need to wait and see. Depending on how well Slade does against batman it either means New 52 Slade will be far above his past self or bronze tiger is far less skilled. Only time will tell.....

#47 Posted by termiteone4ever (8952 posts) - - Show Bio

happy new year

oh the new 52 for me

#48 Edited by reaverlation (18417 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@beaconofstrength said:

Exactly. We just need to wait and see. Depending on how well Slade does against batman it either means New 52 Slade will be far above his past self or bronze tiger is far less skilled. Only time will tell.....

And Batman wipes the floor with Slade hopefully ^_^

#49 Edited by leonkarlen123 (8822 posts) - - Show Bio

If Deathstroke N52 got his nth metal and promethium sword he would win, he is too durable.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (28908 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@beaconofstrength said:

And Batman wipes the floor with Slade hopefully ^_^

It might not matter much if that did happen. Slade is currently off his game due to being reverted back to the body of his younger self. By his own words he could have finished bronze tiger off in one or two moves if it wasn't for the fact he was use to fighting with one eye (he has 2 eyes currently).

All though we will wait and see.