#1 Edited by Strider92 (16074 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Deathstroke:

Vs

New 52 Deathstroke:

Round 1:

• Morals On
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Pre-52 DS has his standard gear. Promethium Sword, blast staff etc...
  • New 52 DS has his standard gear. Nth Metal armor etc....
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

Round 2:

• Morals On
  • 5 Days Prep
  • No BFR
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

#2 Posted by VeganDiet (977 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure on round 1.

Round 2 most definitely goes to Pre-52.

#3 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Nth metal is superior to any weaponry pre 52 carried ever. Post 52 wins both

#4 Posted by jackbensley777 (636 posts) - - Show Bio

new 52 deathstroke is a bad ass

#5 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure on round 1.

Round 2 most definitely goes to Pre-52.

How? New 52 Slade hasn't had to take the precautions that pre 52 has to succeed. And even in the instances that new 52 has used strategy to win, he's always come out on top. He's basically undefeated.

#6 Edited by ChaosMarvel (991 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Deathstroke wins both rounds. We've seen people with great skill go through Nth Metal armor and Pre-52 Deathstroke has better prep feats by a mile. In fact pre-52 Deathstroke would stomp New 52 Deathstroke in round 2.

#7 Posted by VeganDiet (977 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Street_Samurai (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 Deathstroke wins both rounds. We've seen people with great skill go through Nth Metal armor and Pre-52 Deathstroke has better prep feats by a mile. In fact pre-52 Deathstroke would stomp New 52 Deathstroke in round 2.

#9 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: Does he have any prep feats that are equal to Pre-52's?

He hasn't needed them. That's why arguments for pre 52 Slade look ignorant. Post 52 Slade hasn't encountered the JLA. I guarantee if he did, he'd incorporate more brute strength with his contingency plans.

#10 Posted by VeganDiet (977 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

He hasn't needed them. That's why arguments for pre 52 Slade look ignorant. Post 52 Slade hasn't encountered the JLA. I guarantee if he did, he'd incorporate more brute strength with his contingency plans.

So someone without prep feats is going to out-prep someone who is great at prep?

I think you might wanna re-check your logic here.

#11 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

New-52 Deathstroke

#12 Edited by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@renaissanceman said:

@vegandiet said:

So someone without prep feats is going to out-prep someone who is great at prep?

It's the same person moron. Slade has not changed; he has improved. Check his bio on DC's official site. In fact, just go through the issues in his new 52 continuity. Better yet, let's just wait for his appearance in September in Teen Titans issue 23.2. It's supposed include a "complicated" hit for him. Maybe then you'll understand.

#13 Edited by Street_Samurai (320 posts) - - Show Bio

@emptyseven: You are using a Grifter av... So I will not be taking anything you say seriously. lol

JK

#14 Posted by VeganDiet (977 posts) - - Show Bio

#

@vegandiet said:

@renaissanceman said:

@vegandiet said:

It's the same person moron. Slade has not changed; he has improved. Check his bio on DC's official site. In fact, just go through the issues in his new 52 continuity. Better yet, let's just wait for his appearance in September in Teen Titans issue 23.2. It's supposed include a "complicated" hit for him. Maybe then you'll understand.

Same person or no, the OP makes it clear that they're being treated as separate for the purpose of this thread.

So Pre-52 feats are not applicable to New 52 Slade, and New 52 feats aren't applicable to Pre-52 Slade.

#15 Edited by Strider92 (16074 posts) - - Show Bio

@vegandiet said:

Same person or no, the OP makes it clear that they're being treated as separate for the purpose of this thread.

So Pre-52 feats are not applicable to New 52 Slade, and New 52 feats aren't applicable to Pre-52 Slade.

Even if that was the case (which it isn't. New 52 DS is not the same as Pre-52 DS as the New 52 was a reboot not a power-up) this is the idea behind the thread :)

#16 Posted by jashro44 (19508 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: Have you actually read slades on going in the new 52? His continuity has changed. Instead of his son dying in pre flashpoint while fighting the titans he was beat to a bloody pulp by midnighter. Slades continuity did change in flashpoint.

#17 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@renaissanceman: Have you actually read slades on going in the new 52? His continuity has changed. Instead of his son dying in pre flashpoint while fighting the titans he was beat to a bloody pulp by midnighter. Slades continuity did change in flashpoint.

I have every issue on my hard drive. There have been some adjustments, but the fine points of his battle prowess and strategic fighting have not drastically changed. And physically, he is superior.

#18 Posted by Ratatat (697 posts) - - Show Bio

@emptyseven: You are using a Grifter av... So I will not be taking anything you say seriously. lol

JK

well the comment wasn't meant for you so don't worry about it

#19 Posted by dondave (34231 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Deathstroke while having lower stats looks to be more skilled than his New 52 Counterpart and could get around the durability of Nth Metal ans characters have shown in the New 52. Pre-52 Stomps with Prep, New 52 Slade doesn't really have any prep feats

#20 Posted by jashro44 (19508 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: new 52 doesn't have a single skill feat on par with pre 52. My powers out right now but when my computer up again I can post feats for pre 52 slade that ate better then new 52.

#21 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Pre-52 Deathstroke while having lower stats looks to be more skilled than his New 52 Counterpart and could get around the durability of Nth Metal ans characters have shown in the New 52. Pre-52 Stomps with Prep, New 52 Slade doesn't really have any prep feats

It's people like you that frustrate the hell out of me on battle boards. You're the type that would pick Warblade to beat Deathstroke if Slade hadn't already beaten him on panel, which he has. It's like your rationale is off. Just because he doesn't have the feats yet, doesn't mean he's not capable of achieving said feats. He hasn't had enough appearances yet.

#22 Posted by RenaissanceMan (982 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

It's people like you that frustrate the hell out of me on battle boards. You're the type that would pick Warblade to beat Deathstroke if Slade hadn't already beaten him on panel, which he has. It's like your rationale is off. Just because he doesn't have the feats yet, doesn't mean he's not capable of achieving said feats. He hasn't had enough appearances yet.

#23 Edited by VeganDiet (977 posts) - - Show Bio

@renaissanceman: You can't gauge a character on what they're maybe possibly gonna do. You can only go by what they've done. New 52 has no prep feats. We can't judge him on the prep feats he might one day have. So he loses round 2.

#24 Posted by Strider92 (16074 posts) - - Show Bio

What you've actually said here is a classic example what you are debating against. Wildstorm Warblade would beat Deathstroke. In the New 52 his powers have changed as have Slades. Comparing New 52 Slade to Pre-52 Slade is similar to comparing Wildstorm Warblade to New 52 Warblade. Both are different versions of the character not simple power-ups or downs.

#25 Posted by dondave (34231 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Until he's achieved or showed such skills feats I can attribute them to him, so yes I believe New 52 Deathstroke is less skilled than Pre-52 Deathstroke

#26 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

The only difference between pre new 52 DS and new 52 DS, is the armor, that enhanced him.

#27 Posted by laflux (14092 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @vegandiet: @strider92: @dondave:

While Deathstroke's son may not have died, he was hardly involved in Wilson's life beforehand, personally I think Slade Pre-New 52 and New-52 are one and the same (as their origins are identical)

That being said Wade's combat and Prep feats are better Pre-New 52. Still the Nth Armor IMO means New-52 should take a majority in a random. He gets beaten handily in a prep battle though.

#28 Edited by Strider92 (16074 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: And yet he has never fought the Teen Titans or half thing he's done in New 52 and if he had there would be continuity issues. Every character in the New 52 has changed. John Constantine is a prime example. He's more offensive in his attacks and has never met Batman or Superman to help deal with Swamp Thing which he had done in Pre-52. New 52 wasn't called a reboot for no reason.

#29 Edited by jashro44 (19508 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Pretty much what Strider stated. His continuity has changed and we don't know what has remained unchanged. Superman also has the same origin he had before flashpoint and we know his continuity has changed. If you really want to take it a step further I believe he has kept the same origin since the silver age and we know silver age showings aren't allowed to be used by superman. IMO its the same thing with Slade. There have been changes to his continuity so I don't see why his pre flash point feats should be applicable to his post flash point.

On the subject of who wins this fight, pre flashpoint has the better combat feats. He takes on teams of heroes at a time which is something that post flashpoint hasn't done. And I feel like new 52 Slade-all though still a skilled fighter-isn't as skilled as pre flashpoint Slade. I feel like pre flashpoints displays of skills were just more impressive and thats the edge he needs to win here. I think pre flashpoint slade is skilled enough to bypass the Nth metal armor and I his skill and his own impressive speed is enough to land hits.

#30 Edited by TehStranger (817 posts) - - Show Bio

For round 1 think it can go either way. New-52 Deathstroke seems stronger and more durable, but Pre-52 seems more skilled so I'm leaning slightly more to Pre-52.

Round 2 definitely Pre-52.

#31 Posted by MonsterStomp (15740 posts) - - Show Bio

I think New 52 Slade needs a few more feats to take Pre-52 Slade. He can contend, but Pre-52 Slade is smarter, faster and more skilled.

#32 Posted by Wolverine08 (38518 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52.

#33 Posted by reaverlation (13823 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Slade as he's faster and more skilled to work through the Nth Armor.

Prep round Pre-52 stomps

#34 Edited by Howard_The-Duck (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Today I went to a barnes and nobles and I saw a new 52 Deathstroke comic lying around, so I picked it up and skimmed over it, and in it he was getting his ass kicked by an elderly asian guy

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

Pre-52 Slade both rounds

#35 Posted by dondave (34231 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52 Slade

#36 Posted by DemonKnights (5394 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 slade needs more tume. But in physicals, new 52. Also in armor. Skill and prep will come with time. Hes clearky better now on prupsose. Give it time