No burning Godzilla

No BFR

Victory by death

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla can probably solo.

#3 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Are you sure?

I'm fairly sure. I only saw PR one time, but none of them showed any regenerating ability correct? I doubt any of them could take an atomic breath and get back up. They were all pretty huge too and didn't look at that fast on land either.

#5 Posted by Silverrings (2383 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon Godzilla could take out all of the Kaiju individually, but with them all attacking him at once i'm not so sure. He has the advantage in firepower, but they have superior numbers, and they are all pretty equal physically, although Godzilla is more durable, i think.

#6 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: While they didn't appear to have a regeneration ability, they were still capable of fighting even when chunks were blown off of them. IIRC it took three nukes to kill Trespasser. Speed wise I would have to say Otachi is faster then Godzilla and is capable of flight, Leatherback is a maybe and the others I think are around the same.

This is their size ranked from largest to smallest

1. Scunner (441 ft)
  2. Godzilla (328 ft)
  3. Knifehead (315 ft)
  4. Trespasser (302 ft)
  5. Leatherback (267 ft)
  6. Gamera (262 ft)
  7. Otachi (206 ft)
#7 Edited by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#8 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla do to feats solos.leatherback was killed with one or two energy beams.but I see gamera getting his ass kicked by only 3 kaiju do to having trouble with gayos, but would probably pull dues ex machina on them I don't really see gamera taking leatherback,otachi, and scunner because in feats gamera has only defeated 1 physically durable and power monster and that would be The legion but gamera had to use dues ex machina to beat him.as a team gamera is as useful to godzilla as fox a fox is to 3 wolves.

#9 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Gamera only weighs 200 tons as per Daiei's official stats so any hit he receives is going to send him flying.

Conversely Godzilla weighs anywhere from ten to thirty times the Pacific Rim Kaiju's mass so he's going to toss them around like Ragdolls.

If everyone's weight is equalized, Slattern alone could keep Godzilla occupied given that at his actual styrofoam weight he could take a 1.4 megaton nuke to the face, miles underwater no less, where the effects of the Shockwave would be hugely magnified.

Hesei Godzilla almost exclusively relies on his beam and nuclear pulse and demonstrates little in the way of melee ability compared to his Showa and Millenium counterparts. So when a Sane weight slattern gets into close combat with him, he's going to start bopping around the smaller Godzilla a lot, and short of repeatedly blasting Slattern in the same spot, there's little Godzilla can do to hurt Slattern.

Final Wars Godzilla on the other hand probably solos even if weights are equalized.

#10 Edited by clAssymErc (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla and Gamera after a pretty decent fight. The problem here is numbers as it's a 2 on 5 match up; however, I believe both Godzilla and Gamera have the feats to show that they take the win.

Godzilla is quite powerful (obviously) as he's picked up monster that are even bigger then he is and has man handled them, though he tends to rely more on his Atomic ray which may be quite devastating against these Kaiju. His regeneration will be a major problem for the Kaiju as well. He wont be able to take them all down at once as there are 5 Kaiju and Godzilla has been overwhelmed by numbers before (but that's were Gamera comes in)

Gamera is a highly capable flyer, reaching speeds up to mach 3. He has also defended himself quite well in mid flight as seen in his battles with the Gyaos and Iris. Gamera's plasma balls are quite devastating and highly explosive, especially after his human connection was cut and during that time every thing about him was more powerful as the Hyper Gyaos (a newly evolved form) appeared to be incapable of inflicting any visible damage to him and were dominated. Gamera can absorb heat, flames, high voltage current and nuclear fuel. These energies are converted into plasma. Life energy from the Earth can be converted as well in order for him to use his "Ultimate Plasma".

Victory goes the the King of the Monsters and the Guardian of the Universe.

#11 Edited by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: Leatherback was killed after multiple shot from Gypsy's plasma canon and even then he was still grappling with him which likely shows a very good tolerance for pain. The one fight that I can think of where Gamera had some trouble with Gyaos was the first of the trilogy where he took on the Super Gyaos which may or may not have been equal in power to the newly evolved Hyper Gyaos which were killed by a fully powered, broken morals Gamera.

@lord_johnathan: Slattern isn't in this fight.

#12 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: I understand your position but still compared to godzilla gamera's skin is way to easily pearced.When gamera is in his strongest his skin is pearced by a hyper gayos when he is shielding a little boy from their beam.not to mention that 1 blast to gamera's hand was enough to blow it clean off.And at the end Gamera might have died at the hands of the military and the hyper gayos birds.I highly doubt that gamera would hold his own with otachi(who I put on super gayo's level) knifehead,and leatherback.I actually think that gamera wouldn't even last against G force do to the fact that the regular military posed such a threat to him.Gamera has never really shown feats nor physical durability to put him on Goji's level.People think that because gamera is really cool that he is able to stand in a fight and actually go toe to toe with Godzilla.

#13 Posted by kyrees (6201 posts) - - Show Bio

it's gonna be a hard fight since the 5 PR kaiju are more mobile than godzilla and heisei godzilla relies on nuke breath. gamera is more mobile than godzilla but his armor has a weakness and is more susceptible to army weaponry. i see it going godzilla and gamera winning solely because of their nuke and fire breaths respectively.

even if slattern were here, godzilla and gamera would still win. he will survive a few shots of the nuke breath and/or fire breath but he will eventually succumb to it since he suffered massive wounds on that underwater nuke explosion.

#14 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: Gamera has never shown the feats nor physical to even be put on godzilla's level gamera skin is easily pierced by gayos lazers in and then shot his arm clean off with a fireball in G3. Going up against a monsters like Otachi (who is probably on super gayos's level),leatherback,and Scunner he would lose badly.

#15 Posted by clAssymErc (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: If you look closely the Gyaos beam didn't penetrate his hand, it deflected right off. Gamera was too powerful for the Gyaos at this point. The military couldn't do much to him in this movie either. All they really could do was slow him down.

And why are you comparing Godzilla and Gamera as if they are the one's fighting? They are working as a team against the PR Kaiju.

#16 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira:

If you look closely the Gyaos beam didn't penetrate his hand, it deflected right off. Gamera was too powerful for the Gyaos at this point. The military couldn't do much to him in this movie either. All they really could do was slow him down.

And why are you comparing Godzilla and Gamera as if they are the one's fighting? They are working as a team against the PR Kaiju.

What he said. I know Gamera isn't as powerful as Godzilla, but he still shouldn't be taken lightly.

#17 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@classymerc: @warlordeternal: I understand both of your position's but you still can't deny that the beam inflicted physical pain on gamera,and the fire breath was enough to blow his hand off,and I know they aren't fighting but I just wanted to clear that up because gamera seems to be put on his level when really heisie gamera seems to be on godzilla jr level of strength and hieght.I think if the monsters swarm him he would be delt with fairly quickly,unless we are putting this gamera on godzilla's scale I don't really even see gamera surviving G force.

#18 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

heisie gamera seems to be on godzilla jr level of strength and hieght.

Godzilla Jr. was 50 meters. That's 164 feet (the height of the original Godzilla) Heisei Gamera is 80 meters which is 262 feet tall. That makes him larger then Otachi and just a few feet smaller the Leatherback.

#19 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: I meant endurance,but I never really felt like those stats were accurate even coming from toho anyway.

#20 Edited by clAssymErc (162 posts) - - Show Bio
@kaijukinggojira said:

I understand both of your position's but you still can't deny that the beam inflicted physical pain on gamera,

Yes, but it was only superficial damage. Like the Gyaos, Gamera can manipulate his own genetic structure to adapt to his environments. Which is why his appearance altered over the course of the series as his body evolved for combat.

and the fire breath was enough to blow his hand off

Yeah, because it's incredible powerful which is why Iris was trying to absorb his energy. Gamera can manipulate his own energy as well as those around him (depending on what they are) which is also why Iris plan didn't work.

and I know they aren't fighting but I just wanted to clear that up because gamera seems to be put on his level

Nobody here is putting Gamera on Godzilla's level, That would be ridiculous to do. Gamera merely has some advantages in this fight over the PR Kaiju that will assist Godzilla.

when really heisie gamera seems to be on godzilla jr level of strength and hieght.

Gamera's almost twice his size.

I think if the monsters swarm him he would be delt with fairly quickly

Dog piling would be a problem for both Godzilla and Gamera as Godzilla was swarmed by the smaller Destroyah forms and was forced to the ground. Same happened to Gamera when dealing with The Legion; however, Both Godzilla and Gamera have a few advantages:

1. Healing factor
  2. Range weapons
  3. Flight (Gamera)

The PR Kaiju haven't really shown healing capabilities and the only range weapons I know of are the EMP blast from Leatherback (useless in this fight) and the acid spit from Otachi. Otachi can fly but only after loosing it's tail and it didn't look like it was reaching any speeds that Gamera can achieve.

I don't really even see gamera surviving G force.

G force nearly killed Godzilla and they obliterated Destroyah I highly doubt any of the PR Kaiju and Gamera would last either.

#21 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: But we can't deny them. I am a huge fan of Mongul (as evident in my picture) I always loved how smart, powerful, and cold he was; however, after the Crisis of Infinite Earths story, he was drastically decreased in power. So he was no longer superior to Superman in strength and durability. Despite the fact that I don't like it, I have to follow it as that is how it's been for a long time now. You know what I mean?

#22 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Godzilla alone could probably solo, but Gamera (newest Gamera trilogy being used) is actually fairly smart compared to most giant city-wrecking monsters. He'd probably fly about unleashing fireballs from the air while Godzilla walked through these monsters the way he did the monsters in Final War. Granted, Final War Godzilla is one of the most overpowered creatures I've ever seen.

#23 Edited by BatmanFan11 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla could do this alone.

Did Godzilla not regenerate from just his heart in one movie?

#24 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by BatmanFan11 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11: That was GMK Godzilla. Not Heisei.

Considering that GMK Godzilla was one of Godzilla's weakest incarnation's and that the Heisei Godzilla was stronger. There's no reason to assume that the stronger Godzilla incarnations including the Heisei Godzilla too could regenerate from just his heart as well.

#26 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal:

I'm aware, I've seen the movie. But they die. Blades, beams, missiles, hell bullets; all of these could hurt/damage the PR Kaiju. Godzilla shrugs these off. Gamera is about as durable as they are, so he can go down, but against he's not nearly as primal as they are. Plus, Gamera took as ass beating from Legion and Iris and could fight through would would seem impossibly mortal wounds. The PR Kaiju died or were significantly injured from similar attacks.

#27 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8933 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

In Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack he is reduced to a heart, but the heart keeps beating. Implying that, yes, he will regenerate from that heart. He also walked out of a black hole after squaring off again Mothra and Battera.

#28 Posted by BatmanFan11 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

In Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack he is reduced to a heart, but the heart keeps beating. Implying that, yes, he will regenerate from that heart. He also walked out of a black hole after squaring off again Mothra and Battera.

I figured....and I know most of Godzilla's feats after all.

#29 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal said:

Considering that GMK Godzilla was one of Godzilla's weakest incarnation's and that the Heisei Godzilla was stronger. There's no reason to assume that the stronger Godzilla incarnations including the Heisei Godzilla too could regenerate from just his heart as well.

1. GMK Godzilla never regenerated from just a heart

2. Because Heisei Godzilla never showed nearly that degree of healing

#31 Edited by BatmanFan11 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@batmanfan11 said:

@warlordeternal said:

It's implied he did regenerate from his Heart. At the end of the movie. His Heart is on the Ocean Floor and it begins to start beating.

#32 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11: Heisei Godzilla was nearly killed when his second brain was destroyed. He survived thanks to fire Rodan's radiation. I think it's safe to say that if you pick the Heisei Godzilla apart, he wont come back. (but that's if you're capable of doing that.)

@granitesoldier: Well actually Bullets were incapable of doing it as well as some missiles. When Trespasser appeared, the military was locked into a battle with him for 6 days straight until they finally nuked his ass...3 times. I recall a flare gun burning one Leatherbacks eye's and while we can consider that a low feat, we also have to take into consideration how hot these things burn at and how vulnerable eyes are to intense heat when exposed. Also even when significantly injure they were still fighting back similar to Gamera. When it comes to smarts they do have just not as much as Gamera. Otachi was strategic in using the buildings to her advantage.

#33 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1 said:

@batmanfan11 said:

@warlordeternal said:

It's implied he did regenerate from his Heart. At the end of the movie. His Heart is on the Ocean Floor and it begins to start beating.

How does that imply that he regenerated at all?

like, even a little bit?

#34 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitesolider: wouldn't that make tresspasser the strongest monster in PR,even above Slattern.Not making this fight as easy as people think

#36 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@classymerc: I know exactly what your saying but if I'm not mistaken didn't the events of crisis change the time line probably just making superman stronger because it seems like now superman is capable of taking on galactus if he jumped in the sun for a couple of days.But the stats really do seem inaccurate because gamera's height doesn't change at all and junior is only towered over by skyscrapers and a larger burning godzilla.I'm pretty sure that junior compared to regular heisie godzilla is probably up to either his chest or shoulder because he would be bigger than little godzilla (who was up to heisie godzilla's stomach atleast).and in godzilla vs king ghidorah heisie godzilla is also dwarfed by buildings,making junior almost on that level of height.I'd say Gamera is around the millenuim Godzilla's hieght level,and say stats are inaccurate.

#37 Posted by clAssymErc (162 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

I know exactly what your saying but if I'm not mistaken didn't the events of crisis change the time line probably just making superman stronger because it seems like now superman is capable of taking on galactus if he jumped in the sun for a couple of days

Actually I think it's been stated numerous times that PreCrisis Superman is far more powerful then PostCrisis Superman.

the stats really do seem inaccurate because gamera's height doesn't change at all and junior is only towered over by skyscrapers and a larger burning godzilla.I'm pretty sure that junior compared to regular heisie godzilla is probably up to either his chest or shoulder because he would be bigger than little godzilla (who was up to heisie godzilla's stomach atleast).and in godzilla vs king ghidorah heisie godzilla is also dwarfed by buildings,making junior almost on that level of height.I'd say Gamera is around the millenuim Godzilla's hieght level,and say stats are inaccurate.

Gamera's height didn't change in the series as he was already an adult. Godzilla stands at 328 feet in the Heisei series (starting at Godzilla vs Ghidorah, prior to which, he was 262), so he is still dwarfed by many skyscrapers. Little Godzilla stands at 98 feet (and is up to his waist actually). In Godzilla vs Destroyah, Godzilla is actually still dwarfed by a few buildings. So his height didn't increase all that much in the movie. We actually don't really have any skyscrapers to compare Gamera with as lots of his fight's don't take place in Tokyo city. In the first movie when he was found (nobody knew he was alive yet) They measured him at 60 meters which is 196 ft; however, that was merely his shell that they measured and not from head to toe. Then when his official stats were released it had him pegged at 80 meters.

#40 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@betatesthighlander1: It just looked like it to me. I could be wrong, but it did look like it was growing.I am with you in the Heisei Godzilla's healing though as he never showed regeneration on that scale.

#41 Posted by clAssymErc (162 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanfan11:

When did that happen!

#42 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: godzilla grew huge after the uranium explosion probably 3 to 5 times as big meaning little godzilla would have grown that much too sense he survived.I'd say that sense little godzilla is up to Hiesie stomach then then godzilla jr is realitivly bigger than that, like I said he would probably be on his shoulder level.and If burning godzilla makes him look tiny in comparison then that means that burning godzilla and destroyah are really big in hieght ( the biggest godzilla monsters in history)

#43 Posted by RetconCrisis (4532 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Kaiju could be killed by 5 to 10 plasma blasts from the Jaegers, Godzilla can kill them with his atomic breath.

#44 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: godzilla grew huge after the uranium explosion probably 3 to 5 times as big meaning little godzilla would have grown that much too sense he survived. I'd say that sense little godzilla is up to Hiesie stomach then then godzilla jr is realitivly bigger than that, like I said he would probably be on his shoulder level.and If burning godzilla makes him look tiny in comparison then that means that burning godzilla and destroyah are really big in hieght ( the biggest godzilla monsters in history)

Godzilla never actually grew, he entered the meltdown state which made him far more powerful then before. His rising temperature caused uranium deposits on Birth Island to ignite. If Godzilla was 5 times larger then he would be around 1640 ft high. That is way too big for anything we saw in that movie. Godzilla Jr mutated from a 98 foot tall cute monster into a 164 foot creature that actually started to resemble his old man. It's like I said at 98 feet he was just about at his fathers waist, at 164 he's at his fathers stomach.

#45 Edited by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

If he didn't grow he wouldn't have made godzilla jr look so small in comparison because little godzilla is up to his stomach and little godzilla after a couple of years is on his chest or shoulders but compared to burning godzilla he is on his foot to groin level.That means that either Burning godzilla grew or godzilla jr would be smaller than little godzilla. I really do think that toho wasn't thinking about that and they fucked up.But in comparison in Super Godzilla he grows a lot when he goes super mode and in godzilla unleashed you grow many times higher when you go into the burning state.And before you tell me this isn't cannon you still have to keep in mind that his size is implied to get bigger.

#46 Edited by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio

@kaijukinggojira: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6bQUUErq6M

Watch this. Skip to 1:17:50. If you look closely Godzilla Jr. is actually at his stomach (and hunched over too). Know to be perfectly honest with you the first few times I watched this movie, I was a little thrown of by his size as I felt he would be a little bigger; however, When I found out how big he was in the movie (being the same size as the original Godzilla) I thought it was fitting. If you wanna blame anything, blame Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla as they felt he had too look cute and cuddly, and because of this they got a suit actor instead of animatronics. That is probably why he seems so big to you.

#47 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlordeternal: But still in the fight with the aggroget destroyah he was well above most of the buildings and below sky scraper level almost to godzilla 1991's level of hieght but still well below his neck.the main problem is toho not knowing how to scale properly an as a result they unintentionally seemed to make godzilla bigger.maybe it's because godzilla jr isn't actually apart godzilla's specific species,because like you know he is a godzilla-saur and this makes him less aggressive and maybe as a result makes him smaller but the fact that godzilla-saurs are never mentioned again after godzilla vs mecha godzilla 2 we can't be sure.

#48 Posted by WarlordEternal (2982 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by KaijuKingGojira (1414 posts) - - Show Bio

.I do see godzilla being annoyed by otachi and leatherback but the other kaiju seem to throw more devestating hits on godzilla and especially gamera they still win as a team and godzilla still solos,but if you throw in slattern they would get the hell beat out of them but still throw in a win.Just to clear up sense we are talking heisie Godzilla that means GMK's regeneration is useless data here.