#1 Posted by pooty (10832 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the girls have enough powers to defeat the might avenger?

#2 Posted by ComicStooge (12043 posts) - - Show Bio

No..
#3 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

they actually can!

#4 Posted by OneVision_OnePurpose (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets get some PPG feats!

#5 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

Check out some of their respect threads..they're like mini SA Supermans

#6 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor stomps .Powerpuff girls are realy lame

#7 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY said:

they actually can!

They actually can't. They don't come close to Thor.

#8 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Good fight but I give this to Thor 8/10. Assuming he has classic feats. PPG are very powerful and there's three of them, but Thor can do it with his classic PIS powers as long as he doesn't decide to job a bit

#9 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

Good fight but I give this to Thor 8/10. Assuming he has classic feats. PPG are very powerful and there's three of them, but Thor can do it with his classic PIS powers as long as he doesn't decide to job a bit

This would be a half-decent fight if it was movie Thor. Classic Thor rapes the puffs.

#10 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not going to be that easy. All of the girls are FTL (easily) and have the reflexes to match. They have also broken the time barrier on several occasions. Not only that, but they are class 100s atleast. Soloing asteroids the size of earth, rebuilding Townsville in 5 seconds flat, enduring the incredible heat and pressure of the core of earth and withstanding being within spitting distance of the sun, while only sweating..Massive energy projection powers, lifting (buildings, ships, moving earth, monsters the size of manhattan, effortlessly launching asteriods into space)..They are mini supermans and are a good match for Thor

#11 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: have you seen the respect threads? they are pretty fast and crazy powerful, it wouldn't be a stomp

#12 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@girugamesh: have you seen the respect threads? they are pretty fast and crazy powerful, it wouldn't be a stomp

If you have some links to refresh my memory that would be appreciated, until then I can't remember them doing anything that would suggest they come close to the likes of Thor.

#13 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh - Here's a goodone!! http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=808872

#14 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

lol whats with all these powerpuff battles

#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: there was a good thread here on ComicVine. I'll try to find it

#16 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: @Jorgevy: Thanks.

#17 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: here's one (not on ComicVine - the search function is kinda weirded out) http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?405813-Powerpuff-Girls-A-Respect-Thread&p=14840912&viewfull=1#post14840912

#18 Posted by laflux (14260 posts) - - Show Bio

tbh, if thor wants to fight hand to hand there is a good chance that he could lose. However if he utilizies his other powers he should win handily.
#19 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh: If you really think about it, if they had comicbook counterparts, they would be literal BRICKS, although a bit inconsistant, most of their feats are ridiculous even by comicbook standards!

#20 Posted by girugamesh (439 posts) - - Show Bio

@BMEZY: @Jorgevy: Thanks for the help, had forgotten some of their best feats.

So the PGs are capable of throwing things into space, moving FTL and surviving fairly strong attacks. I can see them putting up a fight against Thor, but I'm still going to have to say he takes this, but only if he plays smart. Definitely not a stomp though.

#21 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh- That's the thing, though...when the hell does thor ever fight smart?? for the past 30 years he's been slugging it out with characters that he should have been making short work of (i.e HULK), but you're right, if he fights smart it would be a great battle although I still see the girls taking it due to it being 3 of them who can match thor in strength and speed (moving the earth and towing asteroids in the ppf movie was SICK) breaking the time barrier effortlessly is insane too..not to mention their various long ranged attacks and impressive durability too..If they play smart and rush him all going full out, I'll give it to them 5.5/10

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@girugamesh said:

@BMEZY: @Jorgevy: Thanks for the help, had forgotten some of their best feats.

So the PGs are capable of throwing things into space, moving FTL and surviving fairly strong attacks. I can see them putting up a fight against Thor, but I'm still going to have to say he takes this, but only if he plays smart. Definitely not a stomp though.

exactly what I was aiming at. Thor can win this but he can't job like he does sometimes. Good battle though :D

#23 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

PPG

#24 Posted by XiiX (7458 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman said:

PPG

#25 Posted by Wolfrazer (6096 posts) - - Show Bio

The PPGs feats are inconsistent, so how do we know that they would be able to do them again? 

#26 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: The same way we consider comic heroes, high-end feats valid even though most of them are done once or twice and then never replicated again... (i.e-superman, thor, ww, flash, phoenix, storm etc etc). Flash can get pawned by streetlevelers most days and then on rare occasion pulls something crazy out of his butt and then suddenly he's one of the hardest ppl to beat here in comicvine. It's because characters are taken at their BEST...so the same goes for the girls. low-end scruffle aside, the ppg are literal BEASTS

#27 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor forfeits, as he doesn't wish to use Mjolnir on three five year old girls.  

#28 Posted by Trixie (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Powerpuff Girls

#29 Posted by Nefarious (18789 posts) - - Show Bio

PPG.

#30 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicStooge said:

No..
#31 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

PPG

#32 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently, Thor has been a bully in general.

He threatened to kill Silver Surfer. Showed violence against an innocent mutant teenager in Utopia etc. He should take this.

#33 Edited by Wolfrazer (6096 posts) - - Show Bio
@BMEZY:  Yes but with heroes, some of their feats they have shown doing over and over again. Whereas the PPG, their consistency have been all over the place. I mean they got stuck to fly paper....or even better they couldn't even get out of a steel gurter wheres their super strength at? They also can get beat down by a monkey with a laser cannon, in fact in some episodes they actually lost and someone else saved the day.
#34 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming Thor actually attacks he'd win.

I think it's more likely he looks at his opponents, shakes his head, and walks away wondering what his life is coming too when he is fighting 5 year old girls.

#35 Posted by Killemall (18283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

The PPGs feats are inconsistent, so how do we know that they would be able to do them again?

And Thor's has been consistent???

#36 Edited by Wolfrazer (6096 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

@Wolfrazer said:

By that I mean, they are shown doing something in one episode then in the next are completely unable to do it or their powers are weakened or whatever. Their power fluctuated each episode.
#37 Posted by Roddy010 (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Killemall said:

@Wolfrazer said:

By that I mean, they are shown doing something in one episode then in the next are completely unable to do it or their powers are weakened or whatever. Their power fluctuated each episode.

Every heard of PIS? Even the PPG suffer from this.

#38 Posted by KingAres109 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought cartoons and movies are non-canon??Can someone help me out a bit!Thanx

#39 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

@whyddama: In what way..They have shown to have TWICE the speed he has (on his best day), strength that normally rivals and even surpasses his on most days, impressive durability, and noteworthy long range attacks that has the ability to hurt him..not only that, but there's 3 of them! It's like having 3 flashes and 3 supermans/hulk all in one..and when they're serious (bubbles has quite the temper when pushed) they can be VERY scary..don't let the age/size/cuteness cloud your judgement. Knowing Thor, he'll want to slug it out anyway.

#40 Edited by Wolfrazer (6096 posts) - - Show Bio
@Roddy010 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Killemall said:

@Wolfrazer said:

By that I mean, they are shown doing something in one episode then in the next are completely unable to do it or their powers are weakened or whatever. Their power fluctuated each episode.

So they have PIS ever episode is what your saying? Ok then, so how do we know just how powerful the girls are then? You can go by the biggest thing that they have done, but how do you know thats not PIS? So you can't really tell, but anyway have said my peace am done.
#41 Posted by BlueComet (1042 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Killemall said:

@Wolfrazer said:

So they have PIS ever episode is what your saying? Ok then, so how do we know just how powerful the girls are then?

By looking at there high-end feats. Sure there inconsistent but it's a tv show so that's expected. You can't just ignore there all there high-end feats and say "they got stuck on fly paper", it's completely unfair to the ppg's. You can't determine a fight by looking at low end feats antways so just accept the high ones

#42 Posted by Roddy010 (5157 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@Roddy010 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Killemall said:

@Wolfrazer said:

So they have PIS ever episode is what your saying? Ok then, so how do we know just how powerful the girls are then? You can go by the biggest thing that they have done, but how do you know thats not PIS? So you can't really tell, but anyway have said my peace am done.

Plot Induced Stupidity.meaning their faults and hi-jinx are due to the plot. they can't have the girls win every episode that would be dull and boring. This isn't just done for cartoons but comics, tv shows, movies etc. But here on the battl;e forums we take the best characteristics of characters...

#43 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (213 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion just one PPG is gonna give Thor a run for his money. They are at LEAST as strong and durable, def faster, and have other ranged powers as well. Put three in there against him and sorry Thor, you're losing this battle.