PowerPuff Girls vs Superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeduhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jeduhu

Superman vs. Power Puff Girls

The last one got locked so keep it decent. I actually think the PPG's would win. Purely on the PIS factor which is about every show. But this is PIS vs. PIS. And at least PowerPuff girls don't have ANY weakness...other than being little girls. :)

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Roman

I disagree. It's not PIS vs PIS.

It's toonforce vs a powerful comic character. Which is just BS.

Honestly, if a thread is locked, take the hint.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BlackWind

The PPG are kinda inconsistent. One minute they are casually doing Flash level speed feats, and another they're getting tagged by random monsters.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer
@BlackWind said:

The PPG are kinda inconsistent. One minute they are casually doing Flash level speed feats, and another they're getting tagged by random monsters.

^ This, in several episodes they couldn't even get out of things that they should have been able to get out of. IE: Chains, flypaper, steel gurter...yet in other episodes they have been shown to lift huge monsters and all that noise. Their powers flucuate each episode, depending on what they were facing...so yes all the episodes are either PIS or WIS or CIS. At least with Superman, he has consistency at times. So its hard to gauge, just how strong they really are...you actually need to go to several episodes, and pretty much state them to give them any chance.
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Journal

Superman forces the PPG's out on a date.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@Wolfrazer: I think we're supposed to take them at their highest showings or best conditions or something like that. Still, i don't know why everyone thinks so insanely strong even at their max. Their top speed feat was breaking the time barrier, but i believe that was just how the writer imagined what would happened once they broke the speed of light, nothing more or less, and it wasn't really calculated how much faster than light they were going.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer
@Soothing_Sounds said:

@Wolfrazer: I think we're supposed to take them at their highest showings or best conditions or something like that. Still, i don't know why everyone thinks so insanely strong even at their max. Their top speed feat was breaking the time barrier, but i believe that was just how the writer imagined what would happened once they broke the speed of light, nothing more or less, and it wasn't really calculated how much faster than light they were going.

I can't seem to recall their highest showings....I mean I know they have been, but it seemed to be spread out through episodes not just in one episode. But even with their highest showings, am still leaning to Supes.
Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Journal said:

This is Superman not Super-"Doug Hutchison"

@jeduhu said:

Superman vs. Power Puff Girls

[The last one got locked] ...............

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dextersinister

@Soothing_Sounds said:

It's more of a consistency thing unless the OP states at there best. Although the PPG's have some very good showings they probably have a lot more low showings, you can try and balance it out but they still wouldn't be at Supes level.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By minigunman123

@Wolfrazer said:

@Soothing_Sounds said:

I can't seem to recall their highest showings....I mean I know they have been, but it seemed to be spread out through episodes not just in one episode. But even with their highest showings, am still leaning to Supes.

This.

Superman literally cannot be beaten without one or a combination of the following:

Energy attacks of relatively infinite magnitude, applied for a short duration (e.g. Omega Beams from Darkseid, don't think the PPG's have continuously shown that kind of power (We also don't know what counts as "infinite energy" in their universe))

Kryptonite (PPG's wouldn't know wtf kryptonite is, and we don't even know what universe this battle takes place in, so there might not be kryptonite for them to use)

Red sun radiation (PPG's wouldn't know about this either, and we still don't know where the battle is taking place)

Magical attacks (The PPG's are based on fictional science/biology just like Superman is, correct? Not magic?)

Without one or more of these factors, he can't be beaten. The reason he was beaten to death by Doomsday, if I recall correctly, was because Doomsday was special and had some sort of connection/affiliation/history with Krypton, and his claws were capable of piercing Superman's skin. I don't think that brute force has ever been normally enough to ever actually "beat" Superman, nor have heat or energy based attacks, unless they are insanely powerful, such as Darkseid's omega effect. Superman can fly through the sun and not give a damn, for example.

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Journal

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

Reread my post. I said Superman Not Doug Hutchison.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dextersinister

@minigunman123 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Soothing_Sounds said:

This.

Superman literally cannot be beaten without one or a combination of the following:

Energy attacks of relatively infinite magnitude, applied for a short duration (e.g. Omega Beams from Darkseid, don't think the PPG's have continuously shown that kind of power (We also don't know what counts as "infinite energy" in their universe))

Kryptonite (PPG's wouldn't know wtf kryptonite is, and we don't even know what universe this battle takes place in, so there might not be kryptonite for them to use)

Red sun radiation (PPG's wouldn't know about this either, and we still don't know where the battle is taking place)

Magical attacks (The PPG's are based on fictional science/biology just like Superman is, correct? Not magic?)

Without one or more of these factors, he can't be beaten. The reason he was beaten to death by Doomsday, if I recall correctly, was because Doomsday was special and had some sort of connection/affiliation/history with Krypton, and his claws were capable of piercing Superman's skin. I don't think that brute force has ever been normally enough to ever actually "beat" Superman, nor have heat or energy based attacks, unless they are insanely powerful, such as Darkseid's omega effect. Superman can fly through the sun and not give a damn, for example.

Not entirely true, a character with a history as long as Superman has been beaten on numerous occasion but they would normally be in the JL where he is downplayed and where team busting foes show up. The only really special thing about Doomsday's beating was that Superman wasn't better the next day. But I still think he is consistently a good bit more powerful than the girls.

zackattack529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By zackattack529

Toonforce vs Comics should be banned, especially a battle like this. Because powpuff girls would stomp, but realistically if an intelligent person wrote powerpuffgirls and it was a live action film, they wouldnt be as dramatically strong and fast as in the cartoon.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By minigunman123

@Dextersinister said:

@minigunman123 said:

@Wolfrazer said:

@Soothing_Sounds said:

This.

Not entirely true, a character with a history as long as Superman has been beaten on numerous occasion but they would normally be in the JL where he is downplayed and where team busting foes show up. The only really special thing about Doomsday's beating was that Superman wasn't better the next day. But I still think he is consistently a good bit more powerful than the girls.

Yeah, that's true. But still, I don't think we've seen enough feats from the girls to warrant making them a DC-team buster, but then, I've only watched like, 4 episodes. I never really liked the cartoon lol.

Does anyone know some of their most powerful feats (i.e. speed, strength, striking power, combat speed, vision, assorted superpowers) were, from the show?

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Jorgevy

on their best day, PPG's can do this. but as it's been said, sometimes they are jobbers, others, they are godesses. It's too inconsistent.

Also,

@minigunman123: brute force does work. It just needs to be someone has strong as Supes or as fast as Flash, and PPG's in their highest showings are nnt that far from both actually. there was a nice little respect thread for them around Comicvine...

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@minigunman123: Speed wise, breaking the time barrier (travel speed, just breaking the speed of light) and moving faster than a laser beam, Bubbles also traveled around the planet in five seconds, while joking around. Strength wise, lifting a mountain i think would be their greatest strength feat, but it was only Buttercup, still she wasn't actually pushing herself. They have city busting energy attacks(that we know of, they weren't going all out i think). An attack that makes them intangible and surrounds their enemy, i want to say it's unavoidable, but it was only used once. And for striking power, i don't know. That's all i have off the dome.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By minigunman123

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@minigunman123: Speed wise, breaking the time barrier (travel speed, just breaking the speed of light) and moving faster than a laser beam, Bubbles also traveled around the planet in five seconds, while joking around. Strength wise, lifting a mountain i think would be their greatest strength feat, but it was only Buttercup, still she wasn't actually pushing herself. They have city busting energy attacks(that we know of, they weren't going all out i think). An attack that makes them intangible and surrounds their enemy, i want to say it's unavoidable, but it was only used once. And for striking power, i don't know. That's all i have off the dome.

Yeah, Superman is faster than that usually (though I'm not sure what his reaction/combat speed is), not sure if New 52 Supes is strong enough to casually lift a mountain though, but city-busting energy attacks are like candy to him. The surrounding attack sounds odd, not sure what effect that would have on Supes.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@minigunman123: What do you think of this:

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By minigunman123

@Soothing_Sounds said:

@minigunman123: What do you think of this:

That actually looks kind of weak :/ I don't think Superman would have any problem countering that, or even just tanking it.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@minigunman123: I want to say it has some type of internal effect, as before they tried this they had given the robot everything they had got. Which is why the city looked so busted up. But it's a cartoon, I can think there's an internal effect, but since it's been used once and we don't actually know what it does, i agree. It looks weak.

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By debeze

superman ofc lol wth!?!?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Journal said:

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided
Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Journal

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided

Whats the Black Dots for?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Journal said:

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

@drgnx said:

@Journal said:

No Caption Provided

Whats the Black Dots for?

They are for you ;)

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Journal

@drgnx: awww ty

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@Journal: @drgnx: LOL, funniest conversation on the vine that i've read.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Journal: @Soothing_Sounds:

lol

Journal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Journal

LMAO

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlackWind

The girls are good, but I think they're under Kryptonian level.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bane_of_sith

The roman was right...if its locked the first time take the hint...PPG aren't beating superman...they are completely inconsistent ,,toon force characters should be banned from comic threads IMO

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#31  Edited By RazzaTazz

@jeduhu: Its not spite from the mods, it is the fact that this is a mismatch. There was a discussion though here, it is worth reading, but lets consider this matter closed.