Powerman/Luke Cage vs Gambit/X 23

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

Fight is in Trenton New Jersery. current versions of each. start from 15 feet away. morals on 

Shadowland: Power Man #2
Shadowland: Power Man #2
X-23 and Gambit
X-23 and Gambit
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

Team 1.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By daak1212

Ummm....I'm probably going with team 1.  Although the thing is that X-23 is well more trained that Power man and she has the claws to cut Cage but both can steal on her with no issue.  Gambit shouldn't be slept on but...well idk truthfully.  Can someone make the mind up for me?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Erik
@daak1212
If this was a morals off battle, team 2 would slaughter team 1. The fact that morals are on will not let Gambit or X-23 use their very lethal abilities and team 1 cannot be harmed by regular, non-lethal attacks. But since this is morals on, team 1 easily takes this.
Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@erik said:
Team 1.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daak1212
@erik said:
@daak1212:  If this was a morals off battle, team 2 would slaughter team 1. The fact that morals are on will not let Gambit or X-23 use their very lethal abilities and team 1 cannot be harmed by regular, non-lethal attacks. But since this is morals on, team 1 easily takes this.
Oh, I guess when you put it like that.  Does X-23 really have morals?  She still stabs crap in the X-23 comics
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erik
@daak1212 said:
@erik said:
@daak1212:  If this was a morals off battle, team 2 would slaughter team 1. The fact that morals are on will not let Gambit or X-23 use their very lethal abilities and team 1 cannot be harmed by regular, non-lethal attacks. But since this is morals on, team 1 easily takes this.
Oh, I guess when you put it like that.  Does X-23 really have morals?  She still stabs crap in the X-23 comics
She does not stab heroes in her comics. I do not think she has ever stabbed a hero period that could not heal from it. Her new direction is all about finding her humanity as a matter of a fact.
Gnarly_Artist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gnarly_Artist

Morals on, team one stomps quick.  Morals off, Laura solos.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daak1212
@erik said:
@daak1212 said:
@erik said:
She does not stab heroes in her comics. I do not think she has ever stabbed a hero period that could not heal from it. Her new direction is all about finding her humanity as a matter of a fact.
Oh good point, stabbing nameless goons who manufacture trigger scents is much different that guys who patrol New york trying to prevent crime.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

I would believe that with X-23's purported fighting ability, she could use her claws to devastating effect without taking life. Not sure how great an obstacle their 'morals' are to victory here. 

In all honesty, both her and the original deal (read: Wolverine) take life as a matter of course. Their morals seldom show them holding back - unless it be with one of Marvel's icons (read: Luke Cage) that Marvel would rather keep in the land of the living... still, taking his eyesight or a limb or incapacitating in any number of ways is not beneath X-23 with morals on. 

The real question is, lacking Wolverine's strength, does X-23 have the 'umph' needed to pierce Luke Cage's hide irregardless of the adamantium...?
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By daak1212
@Super_SoldierXII said:
I would believe that with X-23's purported fighting ability, she could use her claws to devastating effect without taking life. Not sure how great an obstacle their 'morals' are to victory here.   In all honesty, both her and the original deal (read: Wolverine) take life as a matter of course. Their morals seldom show them holding back - unless it be with one of Marvel's icons (read: Luke Cage) that Marvel would rather keep in the land of the living... still, taking his eyesight or a limb or incapacitating in any number of ways is not beneath X-23 with morals on.  The real question is, lacking Wolverine's strength, does X-23 have the 'umph' needed to pierce Luke Cage's hide irregardless of the adamantium...?
Throat, wrist, achilles, fentrical, anus, and eyes are all still up on the table.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erik
@Super_SoldierXII said:
I would believe that with X-23's purported fighting ability, she could use her claws to devastating effect without taking life. Not sure how great an obstacle their 'morals' are to victory here.   In all honesty, both her and the original deal (read: Wolverine) take life as a matter of course. Their morals seldom show them holding back - unless it be with one of Marvel's icons (read: Luke Cage) that Marvel would rather keep in the land of the living... still, taking his eyesight or a limb or incapacitating in any number of ways is not beneath X-23 with morals on.  The real question is, lacking Wolverine's strength, does X-23 have the 'umph' needed to pierce Luke Cage's hide irregardless of the adamantium...?
You are talking about a dated X-23. She does not take life as a matter of course now.  They have taken her in a completely different direction than Wolverine.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@daak1212 said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Throat, wrist, achilles, fentrical, anus, and eyes are all still up on the table.

Anus?? Yowzas ... an adamantium laced enima is not an inviting prospect! LOL
Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skaddix

Luke can thunderclap now so I am not even sure they get close. Gambit is basically a non factor. I wonder if X-23 can cut through the chi. Probably but Power Man can do some area affect.