#1 Posted by Ben Doverand Taykit (433 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering. I say Superman.

#2 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding......so just two humanoids in a fist fight?

#3 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins.

He actually has fighting skill unlike surfer

#4 Posted by Ben Doverand Taykit (433 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarecrow4 said:
Are you kidding......so just two humanoids in a fist fight?
Yeah. Considering that these are two ridiculously powerful beings, what would happen if they had to fight with their abilities stripped away from them?
#5 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Superman wins.He actually has fighting skill unlike surfer
But Surfer could smash him over the head with his board.
#6 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark takes it

#7 Edited by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
geraldthesloth said: Superman wins.He actually has fighting skill unlike surfer But Surfer could smash him over the head with his ... [more]
An average human can dodge a weapon like that.

They have regular strength so he will be swinging it slow.
#8 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Meteorite said: geraldthesloth said: Superman wins.He actually has fighting skill unlike surfer But Surfer could smash him over the head ... [more]

Agree. That said SM takes it. Funny battle to :)
#9 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He knows martial arts and has fighting experience. As far as we know, Surfer does not.

#10 Posted by Mortein (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins, he looks more muscular  and have some fighting skills.

#11 Posted by forze (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer without power would be a naked man with no genital, this will effect his confidence and he would turn emo.  Given an automatic win to Clark. 

#12 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

superman wins, he has fightning skills unlike silver surfer who without his powers is like helpless

#13 Posted by Sleuth (2639 posts) - - Show Bio
Magicalmoment said:
superman wins, he has fightning skills unlike silver surfer who without his powers is like helpless

#14 Edited by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
geraldthesloth said:
Superman wins.He actually has fighting skill unlike surfer

No powers

Surfer doesn't have many feats hand to hand, Superman trained for 1000 years with the norse
#15 Edited by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it definitely isn't as easy as it may seem. 

i) Superman is obviously the most skilled hand to hand combatant of the two

ii)  Powerless Superman = Clark Kent
iii) Invulnerability is one of Superman's attributes. If he is powerless, he does not possess it.

iv) but a powerless Surfer still has some notable Surfer attributes. And the most decisive of them is his (virtually) invulnerable skin, a part of his physiology.

i) +ii) +iii) + iv) = Superman may be the better fighter, but powerless as he is, he would break his fists on Surfer's skin. The only way he can pick up a win here is, if knocks out the Surfer before breaking both his hands (not very probable). Otherwise, with one or both of Superman's hands immobilized, the Surfer would take him down with a few punches, or a plain head punch.

Now, if the fight was between Norrin Radd (the Surfer's former self) and a powerless Superman, this would be a SM victory in about ten seconds.

In this  scenario though, the Surfer takes it.

#16 Posted by DeadPool a.k.a Wade Wilson (979 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

#17 Edited by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
Morpheus_ said:
I think it definitely isn't as easy as it may seem.    i) Superman is obviously the most skilled hand ... [more]

If SS has invulnerable skin then he is not realy powerless .. Norin is what is left if you take PC away so its Norin vs Clark ...
Suerfer never had invulnerable skin b4 Galactus ... and if you whant to cheat like this what if they are fighting on earth superman will kill him in 10 second . He recharges preaty damn fast under that sun, HEY is his physiology to be able to do that. Surfer can't get his powers back if he losses them (he lost them many times) but SM is back in some seconds if they are on earth.

Again think b4 you post.
#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
xan84 said:
Morpheus_ said: I think it definitely isn't as easy as it may seem.    i) Superman is obviously the most ... [more]

@Xan:

I just played the devil's advocate, on how the Surfer could win this, since most of the people on the thread didn't even remotely try to think it a little further that just: "Superman has fighting skills, so he takes this". That's all. I never said I was absolutely certain. But he clearly says: Powerless Surfer vs powerless Superman. Where does in the OP say that this is Surfer prior to being transformed? He has been depowered in the past, but his skin , depowered or not remains the same. Now, about SM recharging that is just speculation on your behalf - the OP doesn't clarify where they are fighting.The over simplistic thinking is yours, not mine.

#19 Posted by angryvigilante (1447 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is SS species?

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@angryvigilante:  Zenn-Lanians are supposed to possess strength levels comparable to those of human beings. Considering the fact that the Surfer used to be an astronomer, I wouldn't count on his actual strength in this fight.

#21 Posted by GhostPool (660 posts) - - Show Bio

SuperMan  he has fighting skills

#22 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
angryvigilante said:
How strong is SS species?
You know the super genius red shirts in StarTrek who get killed by Klingons, or the kryptonians general Zod would stomp back on krypton...thats how good they are at hand to hand

They may be a super smart species but they suck at fighting

Anyhow I think the above poster meant Surfer depowered to Norin Radd status vs Clark Kent and Kent wins because he's in good physical condition laboring on a farm and he's got some hand to hand skills
Clark Kent vs the de powered Silver dude is a pretty silly fights
What's Clark ment to do pound on someone who is as durable as a diamond until he falls over from exhuastion?

The battle is Clark v Norrin

and Clark gives him a beat down

#23 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Has SS ever had any sort of training in hand to hand? I know Clark has.

#24 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge:
Silver Surfer would win. Everytime  Silver Surfer loses his powers/depowered he is still Silver Surfer not Norin Radd. He can never become Norin Radd even if he wanted to.When Galactus turned  Norin into The Silver Surfer,the transformatin became permanent so that ment even if he lost his powers he would still be Silver Surfer and remember when Dr.Doom stoled his powers. When Dr.Doom did that Norin Radd was still The Silver Surfer and never transformed back in to his normal self.Which means even if his powers are gone he is still Silver Surfer.Only Galactus could turn him back to his normal self.So face it Clark would lose. even if he knows hand to hand combat.
#25 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he lost the board in the movie he could barley stand lol.....would be better if he was Norin then he might not just fall to the ground like a little girl and get kicked in the head by Kent...

#26 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio
Morpheus_ said:
I think it definitely isn't as easy as it may seem.    i) Superman is obviously the most skilled hand ... [more]

I will side with this point...
#27 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
Incredible Hulk-Prime said:
@TruePwnge: Silver Surfer would win. Everytime  Silver Surfer loses his powers/depowered he is still Silver Surfer not Norin Radd. He ... [more]

Going by you logic and the general rules (if it is not said where they fight, the fight takes place on earth and in a city) Surfer ONLY has his resistances but superman (his under a yellow sun) will be back to full power in some time ... SM wins

SS gets depowerd he only has his invulnerability.
SM gets depowerd he only needs a little time to be back to full power.

Tre do use your heads ffs. Powerless Superman = Clark Kent that still has the ability to absorb incredibly fast sun light and be back to SM. SM rips depowered SS in half.
#28 Posted by King Saturn (225168 posts) - - Show Bio
Clark Kent beats down Norrin Radd
#29 Posted by Turlast (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver is practically useless without his Cosmic Bolt and other abilities--while Supes could at least throw a punch that doesn't always result in him being slammed on his back.

Supes FTW!

#30 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarecrow4 said:
lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he lost the board in the movie ... [more]

The movie was craptacular and is not canon. Not by a long shot.
#31 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he lost the board in ... [more]

True but in the comics his realy week when he losses his powers to .
#32 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
xan84 said:
Akwa said: Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he lost the ... [more]

I know, Superman takes this in a completely depowered fight.

I'm just sick of people using that horrible movie as a way of dumbing down the Surfer's feats.
#33 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

superman ftw.

#34 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
xan84 said: Akwa said: Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he ... [more]

Yeah that movie was a complete disappointment for me but not because of SS... The real reason is there version of Galacuts .
In trailers they show his shadow on a planet (can't remember what planet) that looks like his shadow and then in the movie his a damn Cloud !!!
#35 Posted by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
xan84 said:
Akwa said: xan84 said: Akwa said: Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure ... [more]

Agreed.

I was hyped up about the new movie because I had kind of liked the first one. Their portrayal of the Surfer was disappointing to say the least but I felt that the movie could've been redeemed in my eyes by having a good portrayal of Galactus. You don't see him in the first bit, when you see the planets getting destroyed and that just helps build the anticipation.

And then at the end of the movie, he shows up as some sort of nebulous energy cloud with no apparent intelligence, just a whole lot of mindless hunger. I guess that the movie makers throught that a giant purple armoured man would look kind of silly to non fans.

The biggest disappointment was when the Surfer actually killed Galactus. He actually killed him. I actually called out in the movie theatre at this point. It made no sense whatsoever.
#36 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
Akwa said:
xan84 said: Akwa said: xan84 said: Akwa said: Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm ... [more]

Perhaps Big G is not dead but the fact that SS was able to defeat him is just STUPID. Oh and before G is defeated you can actualy see a face in that cloud thing but i realy don't understant how can a damn cloud (in there imagination) be more cool then Galactus from the comics.
#37 Edited by Akwa (4821 posts) - - Show Bio
Xan said:
Akwa said: Xan said: Akwa said: Xan said: Akwa said: Scarecrow4 said: lol wow really I'm going to have to ... [more]

The overall effect of the movie was to make me want to dig a grave and dump Stan Lee in it, just so I could say that he was spinning in his grave.
#38 Posted by Honor Guard (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Also i'd like to add that Kryptonians lived on a planet with a much greater gravitythan planet earth's so there natural physiology is above that of human beings.  Meaning there bones are much harder there skin is tougher and they are stronger.

#39 Posted by Incredible Hulk-Prime (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

This is suppose to be a powerless Superman meaning he can't get his powers back in this fight,so stop saying he can.

#40 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

you're the one that brought up giving Surfer his powers back

#41 Posted by BatDance (2206 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman wins

#42 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman as Clark Kent fighting a peaceful alien man
then Superman beats the hell out of Norin

but if you leave Surfer with his Silver Skin then poor Clark Kent is F#cked
He's going to murder himself trying to put a dent in Surfer

Surfer with no Cosmic Power =
His skin is still invulnerable enough to survive all Doom's atomic weapons

De-Powered SS
He's still Durable enough to fight Hulk

" LoL

#43 Posted by xan84 (4108 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Superman as Clark Kent fighting a peaceful alien man
then Superman beats the hell out of Norin

but if you leave Surfer with his Silver Skin then poor Clark Kent is F#cked
He's going to murder himself trying to put a dent in Surfer

Surfer with no Cosmic Power =
His skin is still invulnerable enough to survive all Doom's atomic weapons

De-Powered SS
He's still Durable enough to fight Hulk

" LoL"

Superman depowered can STILL absorb sun light and be back to full power in some seconds also Kryptonians are not HUMANS(obiously:P)they lived on a planet that had a way bigger gravity so his at his golden age (the time when he was only able to jump) mostly powers.Rezistent skin, incredible strength and speed etc.

So if you cheat with the invulnerable skin i cheat to and superman wins 100%.

#44 Edited by Omg chris (1590 posts) - - Show Bio

supes ftw sorry Norrin

#45 Posted by cortadew (370 posts) - - Show Bio

lol wow really I'm going to have to disagree I'm pretty sure when he lost the board in the movie he could barley stand lol.....would be better if he was Norin then he might not just fall to the ground like a little girl and get kicked in the head by Kent...

shut up fanboy

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (38358 posts) - - Show Bio

@cortadew: Wow, dude. Completely unnecessary. If you want to bump a thread, at least have something relevant to say or have a genuine interest in bumping it. Insulting someone because they made fun of your favorite character doesn't constitute as either. 1st warning for insults.

#47 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman should win rather easily. Silver surfer has telepathy to some extent without power cosmic, but he only uses it to communicated in his home planet, he neither has fighting skill as good as Superman, nor he is even a fighter.

With power SS wins nearly everytime, but in this thread without power he would lose.

#48 Posted by Saren (25117 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark has *marginal* fighting skills, and given his physique he's likely stronger than Norrin.

#49 Edited by Dredeuced (5852 posts) - - Show Bio

Clark puts Norrin in an Arm Lock just to spite him.