• 123 results
#1 Edited by ZackTheBoss (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I know JLA vs Avengers battles have been done countless times, but I wanted to do one with a twist.

Premise - A powerful entity has taken the Justice League and the Avengers, stripped them of their powers, and taken them to a planet designed for them to battle to the death.

JLA members:

Superman

Batman

Wonder Woman

Cyborg

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Green Arrow

Flash

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avengers Members:

Bruce Banner

Thor

Black Panther

Iron Man

Captain America

Hawkeye

Black Widow

(Note that those aren't individual match ups, the 2 teams fight as a group)

Rules:

1) no powers, gear, or costumes

2) everyone is wearing the same slim fitting under suit

3) non-humans (ex: superman, thor) have the fitness and strength of a person their age who exercises regularly

4) all morals are off

Battle 1: Takes place in a small, flat piece of land completely inclosed by an in-escapable dome. No weapons, tress, rocks, ect. A straight out brawl

Battle 2: Takes place in a hunger games style arena, a large forest with running water and living creatures. Random medieval weapons are scattered throughout, swords, bows, arrows etc. No technology or modern equipment, however. May turn into a survival situation, so both groups must hunt, gather water, etc.

(Battle 2 relies more on intellect and wit than fighting prowess, since both teams start on opposite sides of the forest, not knowing where the other team is)

Both battles last until the last man is standing

#2 Edited by New_World_Order (12520 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman VS Bruce Banner-I just believe Superman can take him, expecially Pre-New 52 Superman who has had training from some of DC's best

Batman ------ Iron Man-No explanation need

Wonder Woman VSThor- Thor is quite skilled shown when he was depowered without his powers, but not on the level of Diana

Cyborg VS Captain America-Cyborg would still be a football player, while Cap would be a skinny old man.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) VS Black Panther-Black Panther is just way more skilled.

Green Arrow ----- Hawkeye-Better training and fighting skill from what i've seen. Not that either display much of it.

The Flash ----- Black Widow-A lot more skilled

#3 Posted by DedrabbiT (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with thundergodswrath

#4 Edited by RetconCrisis (3340 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Wonder Woman win for the JL. Black Panther and Black Widow are the problems, however. Captain America is not much of a factor as one might think, as he only has his good H2H from his superhuman adaptations. Superman was also trained by Batman, and learned pressure points.

Most of the Avengers will be taken out quite quickly by Batman, Wonder Woman, and Superman's training. Thor is arguably very skilled in H2H as well, but most Asgardian forms rely on brawling, which will be ineffective, as shown in the scan above. The fodder here are Tony Stark, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, Flash, Bruce Banner, and possibly Hawkeye. Captain America will take a while, but will be taken out. So it is 3 v 2, with the number advantage giving the JL the win 6 or 7/10 for Round 1. Round 2 is debatable, as the main contenders of Round 2 are Hawkeye, Arrow, Wonder Woman, and Batman (Batman is skilled in sword battling, as shown by his fights w/ Ra's). Thor will be formidable with the weapons as well. I think JL may win Round 2 as well, since WW is skilled with every weapon on the list.

#5 Edited by TheMagicStik (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman VS Bruce Banner-I just believe Superman can take him, expecially Pre-New 52 Superman who has had training from some of DC's best

Wonder Woman VSThor- Thor is quite skilled shown when he was depowered without his powers, but not on the level of Diana

Cyborg VS Captain America-Cyborg would still be a football player, while Cap would be a skinny old man.

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) VS Black Panther-Black Panther is just way more skilled.

Green Arrow ----- Hawkeye-Better training and fighting skill from what i've seen. Not that either display much of it.

+1

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Team_Sigma (86 posts) - - Show Bio

DC stomps.

#8 Posted by ZackTheBoss (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind this isn't a 1 v 1 match up, they fight as a group

#9 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't those two also amped with the super soldier serum as well? I remember someone posting those scans and making note of that factor. But I havent read the issue personally so am not sure f its validity

#10 Edited by Experio (14200 posts) - - Show Bio

Winners:

1. Superman

2, Batman wins

3. Thor

4. Captain America

5. Black Panther

6. Hawkeye

7. Black Widow

Avengers take the majority.

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

Weren't those two also amped with the super soldier serum as well? I remember someone posting those scans and making note of that factor. But I havent read the issue personally so am not sure f its validity

I heard that too but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't put it there.

#12 Edited by New_World_Order (12520 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TheMagicStik (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm I'm trying to think of a combo where Marvel wins fighting skill order for the sides goes like

DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, Barry Allen

Marvel: Black Panther, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Bruce Banner, Captain America (he's a wimp without the super soldier serum)

Honestly looking at these lists Black Panther is the only person that can beat anybody out of the first 4 of the J Leaguers consistently. Thor I feel get's over rated and people exaggerate his powers, he has all these years of experiences which 1 he doesn't completely remember as stated when he became RKT and 2 he spent swinging his hammer or one shotting everybody he came across due to the powers of his father which acted as a massive handicap.

#15 Posted by Cjdavis103 (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis: Actually he has feats for fighting depowered .

He took down several super solders while depowered in a one sided fight

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

@themagicstik: Look at the scans above with Cap off the SSS. He wrecks Cyborg.

#17 Posted by dondave (34442 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19916 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@dangerousloki said:

I heard that too but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't put it there.

They were

That only makes the feat more impressive. Cap could wreck Hal, Barry, and Cyborg all at once.

#19 Edited by DeathandGrim (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree

#20 Posted by Alak (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I'd so with:

1. Superman
  2. Batman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Captain America
  5. Black Panther
  6. Tie (Admittedly, I don't know much about either one's H2H capabilities)
  7. Black Widow
#21 Edited by ZackTheBoss (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Made some changes to the OP, hopefully it's clearer now

#22 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3462 posts) - - Show Bio

First 3 from DC, Last 4 from Marvel

#23 Edited by VoraciousSouls (168 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Thor and Black Panther could pull off the win for Marvel, both have been shown to be very good unarmed fighters, without powers.

Cap is no slouch either, even with no super soldier serum.

The biggest threats on DCs team are wonder woman and batman.

how does "no powers" work for Cyborg? is it just him before becoming a cyborg? because being half robotic is pretty much his power, although wasn't he a genius and a great athlete as a full human?

Also, if you want to emphasize that it is team vs team, maybe you shouldn't separate the individuals members like you did.

edit : Dc can probably take battle two due to the people with genius level intellect, although T'challa might counteract that.

#24 Edited by Fallschirmjager (15186 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman>Bruce Banner

Batman>Iron Man

Wonder Woman> Thor

Cybrog < Captain America

Hal Jordan < Black Panther

Green Arrow > Hawkeye

The Flash < Black Widow

#25 Posted by Cor_Tsar (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Feel like Marvel has the better fighters, and less dead weight compared to DC team.

Round 2: Cyborg and the Flash seem like the weakest links imo, Marvel team feels like they would be a well oiled machine in this situation.

#26 Edited by ZackTheBoss (33 posts) - - Show Bio

K, changed it again. Sorry if it was confusing

#27 Posted by Alak (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: DC since I think they're fighting abilities & physiques are more overall superior to the Marvel team's.

Round 2: Marvel takes it since Black Panther is pretty much running the whole fight like he's on home turf.

#28 Posted by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

does cap get his super soldier serum?

#29 Posted by marvelfan123 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#30 Posted by BigCimmerian (7852 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see Thor on the roster O.o If he's in then Avengers should win, but now I'm leaning towards DC cause of goddamn Batman.

#31 Edited by patrat18 (8837 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by r2datu (595 posts) - - Show Bio

All correct except for Cap. When depowered and turned skinny as a rail again during Brubaker's run after the serum was drained from him, he was still able to demolish three highly trained special forces soldiers without a scratch on him.

#33 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

So no Flash and no thor now? then DC. Bruce is pretty useless in both rounds. Tony is pretty useless in round one. Leaves the Marvel side impaired heavily.

#34 Edited by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio
@r2datu said:

@thundergodswrath said:

All correct except for Cap. When depowered and turned skinny as a rail again during Brubaker's run after the serum was drained from him, he was still able to demolish three highly trained special forces soldiers without a scratch on him.

#35 Posted by ChildoftheAtom (488 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 since they have to fight as a team marvel doesn't have as much deadweight as dc. Although those scans are kindof confusing since captain America wasn't just skinny he was a danger hazard to himself. Sure he's mentally tough as nails and has ton of training but the OP doesn't go into detail on if the SSS has a lasting effect after depowered.

Round 2 goes to dc since batman could come up with an unbeatable strategy. Plus I'm sure wonderwoman has amazing battle strategies as well.

#36 Posted by New_World_Order (12520 posts) - - Show Bio

@r2datu said:

@thundergodswrath said:

I see.

#37 Posted by godzilla44 (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

round 1 : DC wins 4/7 fights

Round 2 : bats pretty much guarantees the victory for them

#38 Edited by Iragexcudder (4282 posts) - - Show Bio

It comes down to Black Panther and Batman IMO with T'Challa winning

#39 Posted by Immortal777 (6900 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by r2datu (595 posts) - - Show Bio

So you just posted a scan of depowered Cap beating down two large,strong, armed and trained men and then are saying that he would not be able to beat a smaller, untrained and unarmed man because that man plays football.

And yes, that shotgun was so conveniently placed in the hands of the man pointing it at Cap's head. So convenient.

#42 Edited by SirNeko (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Now somebody explain to me how doesn't somebody who has more than 100 martial arts under his belt solo the Avengers.

#43 Edited by fiodestromus (966 posts) - - Show Bio

@cor_tsar said:

Round 1: Feel like Marvel has the better fighters, and less dead weight compared to DC team.

Round 2: Cyborg and the Flash seem like the weakest links imo, Marvel team feels like they would be a well oiled machine in this situation.

I say this especially if its an all out brawl

#44 Posted by KingAres109 (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor skilled when depowered!??Lol..DC FTW...

#45 Edited by czarny_samael666 (16993 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman vs Banner - Clark

Batman - Tony - Batman

Wonder Woman - Thor - in team battle, too close to matter.

Cyborg - BP - BP

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - Cap - Cap

Green Arrow - Barton - too close in team battle.

Flash - Black Widow - BW

2:3 (3:4) and any of Cap, Black Widow and Black Panther can easily stomp Clark and hold Batman. Marvel stomps.

BTW, Cap and Thor are still the strongest here considering that they stay in their current bodies.

#46 Posted by Dratini1331 (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really sure which side would win, it actually feels kind of like a tie. R1 at least. R2 is basically Ollie and Batman vs BP in terms of survival skills, and that's just a crap shoot.

#47 Posted by Dratini1331 (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirneko said:

Now somebody explain to me how doesn't somebody who has more than 100 martial arts under his belt solo the Avengers.

Despite what all the MMA gyms will try to sell you, more martial arts ≠ better at fighting. Fighting is a tactical, experience based art. Being taught what amounts to the same thing hundreds of times won't help you fight that much better. There are very few modern fighting styles that are almost completely different from all others, the only two that come to mind currently being Wing Chun and Capoeira.

#48 Edited by SirNeko (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: What Batman has learned is completely different than MMA or moder Martial Arts, Batman in theory should be like 100 Burce Lee's. Now anyone who says that Bruce Lee would get destroyed by an MMA fighter should shoot himself. Somebody who has been proved to hit harder than 50km/h speeding car, throwing needles through class and hit faster than human eye can register could easily take a cage full of MMA fighters.

Batman in theory should be an expert in so many Martial Arts, in theory he should not have an H2H weakness and take powerless JLA and Avengers easily. Learning ancient Martial Arts and training your mental state with monks puts anyone far above soldier/modern figher level

This is only my opinion and theory, Batman hasn't shown such feats, one of the things I hate about that martial arts stuff in comics, they make it look weaker than it really is. Batman should be such an expert on so many martial arts, but there have been actual martial artists with better feats than him, showing super speed and super strength.

#49 Posted by Dratini1331 (6982 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirneko: have you ever done martial arts? cause that is a very whack perspective of them...

#50 Edited by SirNeko (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@sirneko: have you ever done martial arts? cause that is a very whack perspective of them...

Yes I have, Karate, Muay Thai, Tae-Kwon-Do, Judo and Northern Shaolin Kung Fu.

Tell me then, how does an MMA fighter tag somebody who hits harder than 50km/h car crashing into you or hits faster than your eyes can react. Bruce Lee for instance proved to make 3 full powered hits while people barely saw the first hit, he also tried not hit somebody and hit him from 1cm making the dude hurt for a week. Shaolin monks are far beyond anything in the show business and I am not talking about them Shaolin monks who fight for money or fame.