#1 Posted by yudencow (25 posts) - - Show Bio

What are the different level of comic characters?

What other words are commonly used int his forum?

#2 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Street Level, Skyfather, Planet Buster, Galaxy Buster...

I can barely understand Street Level.

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

You have street levelers, city busters, continent threats, planet busters and threats, star busters, solar system and galaxy busters, universe level and universe busters etc.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

You have street levelers, city busters, continent threats, planet busters and threats, star busters, solar system and galaxy busters, universe level and universe busters etc.

#5 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

below street leveler, street leveler, high tier street leveler, city busters, continent busters, planet busters, herald level threats, star busters, skyfathers, elder god level, abstracts, etc etc

#6 Posted by yudencow (25 posts) - - Show Bio

In this scale, where would you put darkseid, superman, green lantern, krona and parallex for example?

#7 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7536 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (7536 posts) - - Show Bio

If this is just based on scale not destructive power it's difficult to make a proper list.

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

@yudencow said:

In this scale, where would you put darkseid, superman, green lantern, krona and parallex for example?

Darkseid should be high tier herald or really weak skyfather, he's probably star buster at best. Superman is planet buster, he and Green Lantern are weaker then heralds like Silver Surfer, for Krona I don't know, Parallax is multiverse level I think.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally like the way Floopay divided it for Viner Challange Tournament.

The list was:

1. Street Level (peak humans)

2. Street Level + (enchanced people)

3. Planetary (most of Iron Man, Hulk and the likes)

4. Cosmic (a little above Planet buster with likely more versatlity, eg. Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman)

5. Cosmic Team Busters (guys who can beat a bunch of planetary and Cosmic heroes together, Fernus, Darkseid, Thanos)

6. Skyfathers and Abstracts (hard to make a level here coz the power level vary widely)

As asked:

1. Superman and Green Lantern would be cosmic.

2. Darkseid and Krona (without his entities and the current midget form) would be cosmic team busters)

3. Parallax would be Skyfather/ Abstract depending on which version you take. Zero Hour is definitely abstract level, other version generally be around skyfather level.

#11 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

Me either when I hear Street Level, I think of bullys who hang out in the streets.

#12 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000 said:

Me either when I hear Street Level, I think of bullys who hang out in the streets.

LMAO

#13 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000 said:

LMAO

Yeah like a gang of thugs.

#14 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000 said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

LMAO

Well, it makes some sense. :P

#15 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000 said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

LMAO

Yeah it would sound like it, but they say Batmans a Street Leveler and he takes out thugs on a dailey basis pretty much. lol so I don't know the whole Street Level thing or what it exactly means.

#16 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalT1000 said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

@ImmortalT1000 said:

LMAO

Yeah it would sound like it, but they say Batmans a Street Leveler and he takes out thugs on a dailey basis pretty much. lol so I don't know the whole Street Level thing or what it exactly means.

At first I thought Street Leveler was someone that could destroy a street.

Behold my logic.

#17 Posted by hyiena (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/cross-company-character-rankings/12-43598/ Check this out breaks down the levels a bit more.

#18 Edited by Dredeuced (5547 posts) - - Show Bio

Street levellers are guys who do most of the heroing/villaining on the street, in back alleys. They fight thugs, or lead thugs. Lacking in superpowers or high level super powers.

There's lots of terms that get used LIKE tiers, but aren't. Stuff like Mountain, City, Planet, Galaxy Busters are just ways of describing feats that many characters are capable of and lumping them into a general destructive output level.

Tiers are like Street Level(Batman, Daredevil), Mid Tier(Pretty powerful guys like Aquamam, no prep Iron Man etc), Powerhouse(typical Flying smashem up mountain buster dudes. WW, Supes, Sentry etc), Herald(What it sounds like, guys around Surfer's strength, usually represet higher powers. Void Sentry, Thor, maybe J'onn and Wally, dudes like that), Skyfather(Odin, Zeus, I'd put Darkseid and Thanos in this lot, too), Cosmic (galatcus, celestials and the like), Abstracts(Eternity should be around the top tier abstract being before:), Multiversal threat(LT, Oblivion, Lucifer, PR Beyonder you know the sort. Create and destroy multiverses, and can tank multiversal destruction), Omniversal (This is for stuff like TOAA/Fulcrum/Presence/Belloc etc etc).

Then you have preppers who scale in strength relative to how much prep you give them. Some preppers start at Skyfather level like Thanos, other are dudes like Lex or Tao or whatever, technically street level in skillset but super smart and with resources to overpower things much stronger than them.

It's important to remember that sometimes it doesn't matter what "tier" a character is in, the matchup can be favorable. Like Plastic Man being a solid counter for a Martian due to the way his power set works, or how mid tier telepaths might not be powerhouses, but can beat powerhouses who lack TP resistance. Tiers are a nice guideline to help sniff out stomps, but shouldn't be held as gospel.

#19 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena: Any idea as to why anyone would classify Adam Warlock as high herald and Black Adam as middle? Do they do this based on versatility?

I cant get my head around why anyone would put Adam Warlock more powerful than Fernus , or Quasar. Something there doesnt seem right.

#20 Posted by Dredeuced (5547 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@hyiena: Any idea as to why anyone would classify Adam Warlock as high herald and Black Adam as middle? Do they do this based on versatility?

I cant get my head around why anyone would put Adam Warlock more powerful than Fernus , or Quasar. Something there doesnt seem right.

I agree, but it dose say in the article to take it with a grain of salt. Adam did have a habit of thwarting guys much more powerful than him, Black Adam tends to be a super powerful bruiser with modest accomplishments.

#21 Edited by boostergold321 (301 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS FOR THE POWERHOUSES:

Also, for those who don't know, here's something to help shed light on the confusion of differing powerlevels among the most powerful characters:

The classification name of “100 class” is barely explained and only came into use around the 1990’s but here it simply put: the classification of 100 lass applies to Anyone who can press an amount of tons within the triple digits and beyond. Whether you only have the bare minimum strength of 100 men(being able to lift 100 tons) or the strength of a trillion or more, all of that fits within 100 ton class strength. It's a very general category that holds more than one subcategory of powerlevels.

HERE ARE THE SUBCATEGORIES OF POWERLEVELS WITHIN THE BROADER CATEGORY OF 100 CLASS STRENGTH:

100 class-low tier: typically more powerful than a locomotive(because train engines can carry 100 and thousands of tons) but nothing beyond that.

For example, to directly indicate the limits of this power level: Characters on this powerlevel can't take anything above anti-tank missiles, meaning they aren't tough enough withstand or exert forces on the magnitude of a nuclear bomb and beyond. Character examples: The Thing and Namor were the first 100 class-non-planet buster characters.

100class-mid tier:

Ironman is this because he's powered by a miniaturized nuclear reactor but his power in not quite as great as Thor and the Hulk. Using 100 percent of his power he can achieve a small portion of power that is akin to those on the powerlevel of Hulk and Thor for a few seconds.

100class-planet buster: More powerful than an atomic bomb. Some are even classified on this level as the least of their power.

Character examples: Hercules, Hulk, Thor, Silver Surfer, Superman and superman archetypes,etc.

Those within this category who excel beyond it would most obviously be Thor (through the Odin force), Hulk (through his universal energy absorbsion in response to stress) and Silver Surfer(Universal energy absorbsion.)

Galaxy buster- Can destroy galaxies.

character examples: Odin, Zeus,Thor(aided by the Odin force), Galactus, Celestials, Beyonder, Molecule man(when pushed hard enough), Hulk(when pushed hard enough) or Sentry(when punched hard enough),etc.

#22 Posted by hyiena (1820 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:

Beats me, edit it.

#23 Posted by 18hunt (2904 posts) - - Show Bio

Carnage ( and some fellow symbiotes) are above street level, what level are they???

#24 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dredeuced said:

I agree, but it dose say in the article to take it with a grain of salt. Adam did have a habit of thwarting guys much more powerful than him, Black Adam tends to be a super powerful bruiser with modest accomplishments.

Most of them is mostly done through prep. The most powerful baddie Adam Warlock has beaten would be a featless Thanoside and Rune on his own accord. He has lost to Dr. Doom, was losing to Hercules before he got help, physically he really isnt on par with Black Adam, but perhaps versatility.

Fernus was the biggest amazement, that guy took on the whole JLA three times and made them run twice, was never defeated, certainly cant see how they calculated he would be below Warlock :p

#25 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Street level would be you.

#26 Edited by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

I personally like the way Floopay divided it for Viner Challange Tournament.

The list was:

1. Street Level (peak humans)

2. Street Level + (enchanced people)

3. Planetary (most of Iron Man, Hulk and the likes)

4. Cosmic (a little above Planet buster with likely more versatlity, eg. Silver Surfer, Thor, Superman)

5. Cosmic Team Busters (guys who can beat a bunch of planetary and Cosmic heroes together, Fernus, Darkseid, Thanos)

6. Skyfathers and Abstracts (hard to make a level here coz the power level vary widely)

As asked:

1. Superman and Green Lantern would be cosmic.

2. Darkseid and Krona (without his entities and the current midget form) would be cosmic team busters)

3. Parallax would be Skyfather/ Abstract depending on which version you take. Zero Hour is definitely abstract level, other version generally be around skyfather level.

Since when is Superman Cosmic level???

#27 Posted by Mortein (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Destructive power, This sounds reasonable

Wall Buster

Building Buster

Village Buster

Town Buster

City Buster

Mountain Buster

Country Buster

Continent Buster

Moon Buster

Earth Buster

Big Planet Buster

Multi Planet Buster

Solar System Buster

Multi Solar System Buster

Galaxy Buster

Multi Galaxy Buster

Universe Buster

Multiverse Buster

Omniverse Buster

#28 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Mortein (2899 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall

: Warlock in my opinion is about Cosmic Level. He's not necessarily the physically strongest character (I believe in his original incarnation he wasn't even a ten tonner, I'm not sure about the validitiy of that but I believe some source claims him as a standard four tonner with the ability to raise his strength through cosmic manipulation.) Though some people have put him on higher scales because of some of his feats. Most of these aren't in context. He's proven to be able to match or at least hold his own against the likes of Thanos and Surfer. Thanos was "afraid" of Magus, his evil self, etc. In more recent incarnations, he blew up several planets. These feats of power make him look higher tier, but in reality most of them lack a context or are exagerrated. Such as the explosion of the planets, which were all planets of the Church of Universal Truth and it's heavily implied that they destructed themselves rather then anything Warlock/Magus did. However, he's easily in the class of Thor or Superman or others of that tier I think.