The Furies.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By charlieboy

I think Power Girl can do it. Good fight though.

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DarkScarecrow
@IZZR said:
The Furies.
Why do you say they win? 
DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DarkScarecrow
@charlieboy said:

I think Power Girl can do it. Good fight though.

Thanks. 
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IZZR
@DarkScarecrow said:
@IZZR said:
The Furies.
Why do you say they win? 
Because between themselves they took on Wonder Woman and Big Barda who are both stronger than Powergirl and WAY!!!!!! more skilled.
DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DarkScarecrow
@IZZR said:
@DarkScarecrow said:
@IZZR said:
The Furies.
Why do you say they win? 
Because between themselves they took on Wonder Woman and Big Barda who are both stronger than Powergirl and WAY!!!!!! more skilled.
Did they beat them or give them a good fight? 
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By IZZR
@DarkScarecrow said:
@IZZR said:
@DarkScarecrow said:
@IZZR said:
The Furies.
Why do you say they win? 
They gave them a hell of a fight but died in the end after a standoff...
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

@DarkScarecrow said:

Given the fact that both Wonder Woman or Big Barda are popular characters they are not going to beat them. They have been potrayed as more of a stage setter, who comes and give good fight to popular character but pretty much always loses.

That being said I am with Izzy, the team has a lot of power within them, its just that DC makes them job for no apparent reason.

DarkScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarkScarecrow
@Killemall: Ah. I get it now. It all makes sense now. 

@IZZR: Hmm. Not bad. 
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TifaLockhart

They're DC's equivalent to the Wrecking Crew.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By a88378438

pg

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackWind

The WFuries aren't morons like the Wrecking Crew. PG can win, but she's gonna limp back home.

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eippihrellik

@IZZR: since when is WW stronger than PG i mean Big Barda maybe cause Apokolytians have been shown to be just strong as kryptonians i.e Big barda, Little Barda, and Power boy but they arent as strong or stronger than PG she is a pre crisis kryptonian and she is way older than the superman of new earth so she's absorbed more yellow sunlight too and WW may have the edge in fighting skills but not in the way of experience seeing as how PG was the sidekick to a much older superman she probably has just as much if not more experience

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By Pokeysteve

@eippihrellik said:

@IZZR: since when is WW stronger than PG i mean Big Barda maybe cause Apokolytians have been shown to be just strong as kryptonians i.e Big barda, Little Barda, and Power boy but they arent as strong or stronger than PG she is a pre crisis kryptonian and she is way older than the superman of new earth so she's absorbed more yellow sunlight too and WW may have the edge in fighting skills but not in the way of experience seeing as how PG was the sidekick to a much older superman she probably has just as much if not more experience

He probably gives her the strength edge based off feats. And Wonder Woman has wayyy more experience than PG. She's been trained since birth practically and don't forget the 1000 years war.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'm betting on the Furies. They seem capable of combating PG level characters because of their fighting ability, and I don't think I've seen any impressive h2h feats from Power Girl.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Delphic

@DarkScarecrow: If it was Power Girl facing off against the furries one at a time then maybe she could win, but the thing about the furries is that they never work alone. Power Girl might break a few noses, and cause a few burns, but ultimately she would be overwhelmed by the tactics that the furies possess. So in saying that I have to give the victory to the furies.

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By eippihrellik

@Pokeysteve: I love DC but their inconsistence within the DCU really bugs me why make strict rules within your own universe when you're only going to break them to so that you can keep a certain characters in the spotlight

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pokeysteve

@eippihrellik: Some of them are really bad. Are you talking about any one specifically here?

eippihrellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By eippihrellik

@Pokeysteve: there are alot Orion, Donna Troy, Powergirl if i had alot of time to think i could probably come up with alot more than that

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanroygrant

@IZZR said:

The Furies.
Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokeysteve

@eippihrellik: Gotcha. It feels like when they try to iron out all the inconsistencies they just end up with more.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By Zoom

Wonder Woman as a whole is the problem, particularly the need to make her Superman's equal when Superman was vastly more powerful than Wonder Woman during both the Golden and Silver Ages and when Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets while Superman is bulletproof.

This leads to some writers allowing her to beat Superman while other writers have her battling Starfire to almost a standstill even though Starfire isn't even powerful enough to even hurt Superman.   In turn, this causes the power levels of Donna Troy, Starfire, Cheetah, Giganta, etc to fluctuate wildly based on the writer because Wonder Woman is the character used to judge these characters' power levels and nobody has any idea how strong, fast or tough Wonder Woman is supposed to be because it changes from year to year.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By mrtrickster
@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

They're DC's equivalent to the Wrecking Crew.

hell no

female furies are not that bad

wrecking crew are completely jokes
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Zoom said:

Wonder Woman as a whole is the problem, particularly the need to make her Superman's equal when Superman was vastly more powerful than Wonder Woman during both the Golden and Silver Ages and when Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets while Superman is bulletproof. This leads to some writers allowing her to beat Superman while other writers have her battling Starfire to almost a standstill even though Starfire isn't even powerful enough to even hurt Superman. In turn, this causes the power levels of Donna Troy, Starfire, Cheetah, Giganta, etc to fluctuate wildly based on the writer because Wonder Woman is the character used to judge these characters' power levels and nobody has any idea how strong, fast or tough Wonder Woman is supposed to be because it changes from year to year.

This is true to an extent as the same could be said for Superman. The problem is we jus need more consistency from DC period. I will admit that most writers seem to tak a huge nose dive wih Diana on the regular.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BlackWind

@mrtrickster: That might be an interesting match though.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By mrtrickster
@BlackWind: female furuies would completely destroy the wrecking crew
Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#28  Edited By Joygirl

Power Girl has a brain in her head, and the Furies are very easy to exploit. Harley Quinn managed to evade all four of them with Jimmy Olsen in tow, using psychology. Add actual powers to a decent mind and Peej should be able to take them down and hold her own pretty easily.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlackWind

@mrtrickster: In the bloodiest mess ever.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30  Edited By Zoom
@Evil Incarnate said:

@Zoom said:

Wonder Woman as a whole is the problem, particularly the need to make her Superman's equal when Superman was vastly more powerful than Wonder Woman during both the Golden and Silver Ages and when Wonder Woman blocks bullets with her bracelets while Superman is bulletproof. This leads to some writers allowing her to beat Superman while other writers have her battling Starfire to almost a standstill even though Starfire isn't even powerful enough to even hurt Superman. In turn, this causes the power levels of Donna Troy, Starfire, Cheetah, Giganta, etc to fluctuate wildly based on the writer because Wonder Woman is the character used to judge these characters' power levels and nobody has any idea how strong, fast or tough Wonder Woman is supposed to be because it changes from year to year.

This is true to an extent as the same could be said for Superman. The problem is we jus need more consistency from DC period. I will admit that most writers seem to tak a huge nose dive wih Diana on the regular.

Superman was always just about the toughest guy on the block, though, with super strength, super speed and extreme toughness. 

Somewhere between 1997 and 2005, Wonder Woman went from flying at about mach 1 to flying at the speed of light.  We're talking about gigantic power gaps in small periods of time.  We're talking about someone who takes punches from Superman but isn't bulletproof.  Her wild inconsistency and mass exposure lead to far more issues than Superman does.
Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

@Zoom said:

@Evil Incarnate said:

@Zoom said:

Superman was always just about the toughest guy on the block, though, with super strength, super speed and extreme toughness. Somewhere between 1997 and 2005, Wonder Woman went from flying at about mach 1 to flying at the speed of light. We're talking about gigantic power gaps in small periods of time. We're talking about someone who takes punches from Superman but isn't bulletproof. Her wild inconsistency and mass exposure lead to far more issues than Superman does.

I'm not sure why everyone finds it so hard to understand her durability. It's no different from when you think about Superman being hit with a sledgehammer vs being stabbed with a knife made out of kryptonite. It's just a specific weakness.

Diana's powers have always fluctuated, hell in her Golden Age form she could easily pull the sun. The only thing that has truly remained consistent is that she's always been stated to be the strongest female superhero in DC (some would argue PG or SG, but I've yet to see a real argument.)

I agree I would love to see a conscious effort among the writers at DC to keep WW at a consistent level (this excludes PIS/CIS, as everyone is prone to it) so that fans both new and old know where she stands. I how she differs so much from her own title to the JLA title. I also hate the artwork in her title, but that maybe just me.

I think it's tricky to market WW. On one hand to you have her as the go to female superhero and many put her on this pedestal as a good girl and she comes off corny and self-righteous at times, but then you have those that would like to make her edgier by making her more relatable. I've always felt they just didn't have the right team working with her. People work with Superman or Batman and they have all these ideas for adventures, sagas, etc, but if you have one of them work with her they act as if she's brand new and is always constantly going on a new journey to figure herself out, I think that reflects on the writer as they don't know her and are trying to figure her out. She's always been portrayed as a mix of Batman and Superman to a degree and it feels like writers don't want to make her too much like either one. They just need someone who know s the character and actually enjoys working on her. I'm not sure about you, but I can usually feel the difference in stories from when writers are passionate with what they're doing versus just doing it because it's their job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power Girl

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly WW and Barda should've taken them down way more easier.

PG anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers