Power Girl

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tron_bonne

Magneto wins. He will turn the light around her into red radiation or even Kyptonite radiation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't he have to know that is her weakness to do that?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Magneto. He could drain her or block the sunlight.
tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tron_bonne

@_slim_ said:

I'm assuming he already does. 0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tron_bonne said:

@_slim_ said:

I'm assuming he already does. 0_0

How? It doesn't state in the OP that he has general knowledge of her.
WW28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WW28
@tron_bonne: @_slim_: They have no knowledge of each other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I figured that. 
So he wouldn't know the she has a weakness to kryptonite or red sun radiation or that he would block out the sunlight

Avatar image for greenlanternfan
GreenLanternFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GreenLanternFan

PG wins, mags doesnt know her weakness and I see him just trying to pelt her with metal shards not knowing what she is really capable of. now if he knew more about her then his odds go up.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WW28 said:

@tron_bonne: @_slim_: They have no knowledge of each other.

Then PG wins.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Erik

Power Girl.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Power Girl.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By owie

with speedblitzing, PG. without speedblitzing,...still probably PG. Magneto can't do too much to her; he has shown some occasional latent telepathic ability, but I don't think enough to win.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By buttersdaman000

Powergirl

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By difficlus

@buttersdaman000 said:

Powergirl

@Owie said:

with speedblitzing, PG. without speedblitzing,...still probably PG. Magneto can't do too much to her; he has shown some occasional latent telepathic ability, but I don't think enough to win.

these

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tron_bonne

If we can't assume Magneto just change radiation light, why would we assume Power Girl to speed blitz Magneto the 1st moment she sees him and why do assuming Magneto not have his forcefield on?

_R_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _R_

magneto stomps!
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By theicon

mags

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik

No. Power Girl.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EmmaGrace

Is PG susceptible to a massive stroke like Mag's pulled on Jean Grey/Phoenix?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Static Shock

@EmmaGrace said:

That wasn't actually Magneto.

That was Xorneto, on a drug that heightened his mutant abilities. Plus, he had to make physical contact to do it.

EmmaGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EmmaGrace

@Static Shock said:

@EmmaGrace said:

That was Xorneto, on a drug that heightened his mutant abilities. Plus, he had to make physical contact to do it.

Oh okay. I totally forgot that wasn't really Mags but I didn't know about the drug. Never mind then.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@EmmaGrace: Look at you in the battle forums, must be a special occasion.

Power Girl wins.

tron_bonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tron_bonne
@EmmaGrace said:

@Static Shock said:

@EmmaGrace said:

Oh okay. I totally forgot that wasn't really Mags but I didn't know about the drug. Never mind then.

There where two instances actually. Xorneto did that because he was copying what Magneto did to Phoenix before. Xorneto was a huge Magneto fanboy, but his level was surely lower than that of the real Magneto because Magneto didn't have to physical contact. He just lifted his hands and she started gagging for life.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Whisper_

UGH. Xorneto. Cue my migraine.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

Even though Magneto wouldn't know her weakness right off the bat, he would know that she's powered by sunlight. He should be able to sense any form of electromagnetic energy with his vicinity and use it to his advantage.

After all, Dr. Polaris was able to drain the solar energy from Superman's body, weakening him temporarily, as well as blinding him and he had no aforementioned knowledge on how Superman's powers worked. In the same book, Repulse (who also has power over magnetism) was able to bend the solar energy away from Superman's body, weakening him in the process. Like Polaris, she had no prior knowledge on Superman. I see no reason Magneto can't do the same if given the opportunity, not to mention that he's several times more powerful than both Polaris and Repulse.

As far as blitzes go, I've never seen Power Girl blitz anyone under normal conditions. She has blitzed Wonder Woman and Captain Atom, but in both situations, she was brainwashed and berserked as well.

Just setting the record straight for both sides

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28  Edited By owie

@tron_bonne said:

If we can't assume Magneto just change radiation light, why would we assume Power Girl to speed blitz Magneto the 1st moment she sees him and why do assuming Magneto not have his forcefield on?

Even if she doesn't speedblitz him the moment she sees him, and she waits until the moment it's clear that hostilities are about to erupt, she could just speedblitz him them. Or, if he does have his forcefield up, it would hold for a while, but not forever, she would get through eventually.

The question about Magneto and kryptonite radiation was different, it was about prior knowledge. PG doesn't need prior knowledge to speedblitz, she just needs to know they're going to fight.

slick23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slick23

Pg just needs to land 1 shot on magneto, and its game over.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By nefarious

Power Girl.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
Power Girl should be able to get hold of Magneto and KO him pretty easy... she is a lot faster than Mags as well as she has the significant physical strength advantage. 
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Killemall

@cattlebattle said:

Power Girl

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Static Shock said:

Even though Magneto wouldn't know her weakness right off the bat, he would know that she's powered by sunlight. He should be able to sense any form of electromagnetic energy with his vicinity and use it to his advantage.

After all, Dr. Polaris was able to drain the solar energy from Superman's body, weakening him temporarily, as well as blinding him and he had no aforementioned knowledge on how Superman's powers worked. In the same book, Repulse (who also has power over magnetism) was able to bend the solar energy away from Superman's body, weakening him in the process. Like Polaris, she had no prior knowledge on Superman. I see no reason Magneto can't do the same if given the opportunity, not to mention that he's several times more powerful than both Polaris and Repulse.

As far as blitzes go, I've never seen Power Girl blitz anyone under normal conditions. She has blitzed Wonder Woman and Captain Atom, but in both situations, she was brainwashed and berserked as well.

She used her speed against Adal Mazin in Power Girl #25 when he started shooting lighting at her and Batman.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Static Shock
@Hohenheim_of_light: Oh. I forgot about that scan someone posted.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Saren

Power Girl because Mags will be too busy staring at her.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kadeem

@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@Static Shock said:

She used her speed against Adal Mazin in Power Girl #25 when he started shooting lighting at her and Batman.

While this is true it is not an identical scenario. In the scenario in Power Girl # 25 while PG is perfectly capable of surviving blasts from Adal, the same blasts can cause injury or even be fatal for Batman. She blitzed Adal out of concern for Batman's well being. In the scenario with Magneto she doesn't have to worry about protecting anyone so she is not likely going to resort to a speed blitz.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Tits McGee takes this, but Magneto might make her work for it.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Static Shock:Sorry his name was Rayhan Mazin. I forgot that Adil was his father.

@kadeem said:

@Static Shock said:

While this is true it is not an identical scenario. In the scenario in Power Girl # 25 while PG is perfectly capable of surviving blasts from Adal, the same blasts can cause injury or even be fatal for Batman. She blitzed Adal out of concern for Batman's well being. In the scenario with Magneto she doesn't have to worry about protecting anyone so she is not likely going to resort to a speed blitz.

See I'm almost positive that you didn't read the comic. Because not only was this ever stated in the comic, that Power Girl was concerned for Batman, but Batman himself was shown dodging the lightning bolts that Rayhan was shooting, so there isn't any reason why she would need to be concerned about him.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dex_Starr

That being said, Power Girl wins this easily, Magneto doesn't have the defensive capability to withstand her attacks considering that Summers broke through his shields on 3 occasions during X-men v2.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kadeem

@Static Shock:Sorry his name was Rayhan Mazin. I forgot that Adil was his father.

@kadeem said:

@Static Shock said:

See I'm almost positive that you didn't read the comic. Because not only was this ever stated in the comic, that Power Girl was concerned for Batman, but Batman himself was shown dodging the lightning bolts that Rayhan was shooting, so there isn't any reason why she would need to be concerned about him.

Batman still only has the durability of a normal human being so even if the the book didn't explicitly say that Power Girl was concerned about Batman it is consistent with her characterization to be concerned with her teammates well being. No one said Batman wasn't dodging the lightning bolts, this is a strawman.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dex_Starr

@kadeem:In other words, you made it up. If Batman had no problem dodging the lightning bolts and no dialogue was there to suggest Power Girl wanted to protect him then why should I or anyone else assume that was the case? At the very best you're speculating on a comic that you didn't even read.

Sorry, not buying it.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kadeem

@kadeem:In other words, you made it up. If Batman had no problem dodging the lightning bolts and no dialogue was there to suggest Power Girl wanted to protect him then why should I or anyone else assume that was the case? At the very best you're speculating on a comic that you didn't even read.

Sorry, not buying it.

All this proves is you have no grasp of the obvious. Batman still can't withstand damage at super human levels so you missed the point entirely.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock

Isn't Batman's suit insulated, anyway?

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By eatmore_payless

is power girl's hot body is made of metal?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Static Shock said:

To a degree but not enough to where he can survive a full on blast of natural lightning.

@eatmore_payless said:

No, and we already know that Magneto can't damage characters with a high degree of durability.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By NightFang3

Power Girl stomps!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Killemall

@NightFang said:

Power Girl stomps!

@Static Shock said:

To a degree but not enough to where he can survive a full on blast of natural lightning.

@eatmore_payless said:

No, and we already know that Magneto can't damage characters with a high degree of durability.

Erm just a random question, can mageneto not fry her brain if he had time to do so?? in this fight most definitely he wouldnt have time, one is FTL and another is faster than ordinary human, no contest. But assuming he had a chance, could he not do so?? like he did to Apocalypse, or just suck the iron out of her blood?? (he has done this in one occasion, and SG despite being Kryptonian tends to have all human attributes)

Dont misunderstand me , i am not saying magneto wins, he is far too slow to do anything, but just was wondering what ppl though on some issues??

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Static Shock
@Killemall: What he did to Apocalypse was during House of M, and that's not even canon. I don't remember Magneto sucking the iron out of anyone's blood, save for the movie version.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Static Shock said:

@Killemall: What he did to Apocalypse was during House of M, and that's not even canon. I don't remember Magneto sucking the iron out of anyone's blood, save for the movie version.

He tried to control the iron in Paulie Provenzano's body but was unable to because he was too durable.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Killemall

@Static Shock said:

@Killemall: What he did to Apocalypse was during House of M, and that's not even canon. I don't remember Magneto sucking the iron out of anyone's blood, save for the movie version.

He tried to control the iron in Paulie Provenzano's body but was unable to because he was too durable.

Oh ok, i didnt know that coz i see ppl debating about it all the time, so it has never really happened??

@Static Shock said:

house of M might not be cannon but it shows what magneto can do doesnt it?? And since the act did make sense i though we should add it in the arsenal of what he can do. dont know man, u tell me.