#101 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: well, Powergirl have kept up with Flash in speed so that should be enough to prove she's far faster than him. i'll see if i can find the scan

Honestly, i can't see Hulk being faster than a kryptonian. Can u?

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say he's not faster however I wouldn't say he's completely unable to hit them. Flash is a different beast altogether!

#102 Posted by Theorder14 (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Hulk may be able to hit PG in comics because for some reason. Comic book characters doesn't use their speed when they could.

otherwise, i don't see him being able to tag her at all

#103 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Hulk may be able to hit PG in comics because for some reason. Comic book characters doesn't use their speed when they could.

otherwise, i don't see him being able to tag her at all

I respect you opinion, I disagree. It's all speculation and in good fun anyways! I do admit I was quite impressed with PG's feats (in general) that I looked up when this thread was made.

#104 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: @batman242: He is most definitely stronger than her by far and he isn't faster but he isn't too slow for her.

#105 Edited by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: @batman242: He is most definitely stronger than her by far and he isn't faster but he isn't too slow for her.

Hulk is potentially stronger than her. He doesn't start off stronger than her. And yes, either way you put it he's too slow for her. She has an advantage in base strength, speed and flight.

If she takes it seriously from the beginning (which she usually does), Hulk isn't going to get stronger.

#106 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Hulk is potentially stronger than her. He doesn't start off stronger than her. And yes, either way you put it he's too slow for her. She has an advantage in base strength, speed and flight.

If she takes it seriously from the beginning (which she usually does), Hulk isn't going to get stronger.

Flight isn't an advantage, I don't see any proof that she's stronger than Base strength Hulk is incredibly high Hulk is stronger plain and simple that's his edge., His strength increases during the get go bro so he will get stronger continuously because Hulk is always angry if he can trade blows with the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer and Hyperion and beat them on occasion he can definitely take out Power Girl plus she has trouble with Ultra Humanite, Hulk has also stomped Ms Marvel before who is essentially equal to PG in power levels

#107 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Hulk beat surfer without him holding back? Hyperion? Power girl right off the bat is stronger than Hulk she is a little weaker than superman who is arguably much more stronger than hulk WBH i doubt WWH no but base Hulk yes.

#108 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Hulk beat surfer without him holding back? Hyperion? Power girl right off the bat is stronger than Hulk she is a little weaker than superman who is arguably much more stronger than hulk WBH i doubt WWH no but base Hulk yes.

Sometimes...the issue is Hulk's base varies. He can be a 100 tonner, a 150 billion tonner, or even World Breaker at base.

#109 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Hold on you're comment confused me a little. Superman is alot stronger than Power Girl she has no feats proving she is anywhere near his level, She's not much stronger than base Hulk but that won't last long Superman is a tad weaker than Hulk overall (Dan Jurgens and Peter David both admitted that Hulk was stronger than Superman)

#110 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's AoE attacks would be useful

#111 Edited by MasterMouse (3602 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

I never understood the whole different hulks thing. like (WBH WWH) and bla bla bla

Because thats just Hulk at different anger levels..So theoretically he could become all of those and more whenever he wants.So after fighting Power Girl for a few hours,Hulk kills her.

Also to everyone:*Dont get mad at me if Power Girl is the obvious choice explain to me calmly why* :D

#112 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: Hold on you're comment confused me a little. Superman is alot stronger than Power Girl she has no feats proving she is anywhere near his level, She's not much stronger than base Hulk but that won't last long Superman is a tad weaker than Hulk overall (Dan Jurgens and Peter David both admitted that Hulk was stronger than Superman)

LOL what? what made you assume that?

#113 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@green_skaar: That would be bad writing and PIS.

How is it bad writing? Hulk's strength depends on his anger. He's angrier at times, even at base, ergo stronger.

#115 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar:

I never understood the whole different hulks thing. like (WBH WWH) and bla bla bla

Because thats just Hulk at different anger levels..So theoretically he could become all of those and more whenever he wants.So after fighting Power Girl for a few hours,Hulk kills her.

Also to everyone:*Dont get mad at me if Power Girl is the obvious choice explain to me calmly why* :D

Most Hulk distinctions are artificial, and yes based on anger levels or Banner's withdraw (like Mindless or Bannerless). There are some exceptions like Grey Hulk for example.

#116 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1951 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: He is a tad weaker than Hulk I'm not assuming. Although Superman has better strength feats Hulk is overall stronger since his strength is limitless whereas Superman's strength level has a limit but he's just so strong it seems limitless much like Thor. I'm not saying Hulk can beat Superman I know Superman would wreck Hulk in a fight but Hulk is stronger as I said before both Peter David (who wrote the Hulk for 12 years) and Dan Jurgens (who wrote and drew Superman for 9 years) both said Hulk is stronger.

#117 Posted by patrat18 (8479 posts) - - Show Bio

@green_skaar: Wbh was complete pis so was WWH, if hulk could turn WBH in an instant why dosen't he in his recent comics? Hulk would have been beaten by Ghost rider in WWH but instead they made the rider go away when we all no Hulk in not innocent. Hulk like Wolverine and Flash are very inconsistent characters some times hulk is getting Koed by a truck the next he is breaking worlds or getting B slapped by a monster straight into a whales mouth.

#118 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@green_skaar: Wbh was complete pis so was WWH, if hulk could turn WBH in an instant why dosen't he in his recent comics? Hulk would have been beaten by Ghost rider in WWH but instead they made the rider go away when we all no Hulk in not innocent. Hulk like Wolverine and Flash are very inconsistent characters some times hulk is getting Koed by a truck the next he is breaking worlds or getting B slapped by a monster straight into a whales mouth.

So now the whole arc was PIS? Hmmm. Moving along, Hulk hasn't gone WBH in an instant because the right circumstance hasn't occurred. Hulk had to go through a lot of hardship and grief to get him to that level. It's not like if Banner stubs his toe he goes World Breaker.

#119 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@dum529001 said:

@ghostravage said:

@dum529001 said:

@ghostravage:

And hypersonic speed is nothing to the Hulk.

There we go again... I believe the ONLY real disadvantage Hulk has against most of people is combat speed. Even though he can actually move fast while leaping doesn't make him able to fight as such speed. I sincerely ask for you not to bring some speculative calculations on how Hulk is like a nuclear reactor and for that reason he moves at the speed of light... Horrible reasoning.

Actually, its perfect reasoning.

Hulk hits with nuke-level force by the power of his muscles. Muscle power is about the speed of muscle contraction. Its that simple.

Rejecting the obvious becasue you don't like the truth makes you look ridiculous.

Actually, what makes you look ridiculous is saying Hulk can move at the speed of light by making a comparison similar to saying "Humans can dream billions of dreams in one nigh, making the unconscious thinking FTL, for that reason, Humans can move faster than light".

Im done with you, i don't need un-supported facts claimed via speculative calculations. Good day, and no... Hulk doesn't move that fast. He doesn't even do it while in WBH... When he is cutting loose, he's not holding back... he wants to smash people...

WOW.

You're comparing people having a billion passiing thoughts to the mechanics of muscle power?

Human beings can't actually act on a billion things a second despite having a billion random urges that go through their mind. Trying to compare this to the mehcanics of muscle power makes no sense.

Muscle power is about the speed of muscle contraction. Its that simple.

What proof do YOU have about Hulk not being FTL? You're the one making horrible comparisons such as the one you just mentioned while I'm actually being straight forward about what what muscle power is all about and how that applies to Hulk and the bodies of all the other generic "super-strength" wielders of comicbooks.

You're the one who is speculatiing, not me. You're just low-balling because the truth does not appeal to you in some way.

The world does not exist just to bow to your will, just going according how you want. Being uncomfortable with the facts does not make them go away.

#120 Edited by Themightyhero (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is literally to op, he's one of those superheroes that were created just to be op like flash superman etc. to kill him though you probably have to make him calm with some kind of aura I think sentry has one

#121 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

PG wins.

#122 Posted by THORSON (2300 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk.

#123 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ghostravage: Hulk needs an incentive to turn WWH or WBH, he's not going transform in a random encounter

He did transformed at will in the Heart of The Monster... He was about to achieve WBH while fighting Skaar freshly transformed, that fight was a random encounter... And what really stopped him from not turning WBH was the mixed emotions he had through out the entire fight. Also, why he would hold back against Kara? If the ONLY thing that was stopping him from turning WBH all the time was the fact he didn't want to hurt anybody innocent and in that state he can't control his powers... If something is not happening here is Hulk holding back to an entire stranger who wants to harm him...

And he doesn't "turn" WWH... However, he had his reasons to grab a machete, an armor and declare war at the Earth...

#124 Posted by jashro44 (19156 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ghostravage: Hulk needs an incentive to turn WWH or WBH, he's not going transform in a random encounter

He did transformed at will in the Heart of The Monster... He was about to achieve WBH while fighting Skaar freshly transformed, that fight was a random encounter... And what really stopped him from not turning WBH was the mixed emotions he had through out the entire fight. Also, why he would hold back against Kara? If the ONLY thing that was stopping him from turning WBH all the time was the fact he didn't want to hurt anybody innocent and in that state he can't control his powers... If something is not happening here is Hulk holding back to an entire stranger who wants to harm him...

And he doesn't "turn" WWH... However, he had his reasons to grab a machete, an armor and declare war at the Earth...

He probably wont go world breaker because if he did he would destroy the planet. Seems like over kill against someone he doesn't know.

#125 Edited by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@ghostravage said:

@dondave said:

He probably wont go world breaker because if he did he would destroy the planet. Seems like over kill against someone he doesn't know.

Im not saying he would go WBH... But that doesn't take out the instance where he could turn WBH while fighting her. Im just saying WBH is on the table.

#126 Edited by jashro44 (19156 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It is something hulk can do but not something I see really being a factor in character. I don't think hulk will risk the lives of the planet to win this fight, so I don't know if I would say its on the table.

All though I think he can win without it in character. IIRC Power girl likes slugging things out so he might be able to tag her (I could be wrong I am not an expert on power girl admittedly).

#127 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It happened In-Character though... But i see where you coming from... I still think he can go WBH.

Anyway, yeah, In-Character she likes to slug things out, like most of Superman-like characters. She even has an instance of Ultra-Humanite 3 shotting her.

#128 Edited by _HYDRA_ (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: It happened In-Character though... But i see where you coming from... I still think he can go WBH.

Anyway, yeah, In-Character she likes to slug things out, like most of Superman-like characters. She even has an instance of Ultra-Humanite 3 shotting her.

Sounds sexy.

#129 Posted by Funsiized (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Gonna go with Hulk.

#130 Posted by dondave (33410 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Again even in his fight with Skaar he had an incentive, he hadn't gotten over the death of Caiera at that point and Skaar had just told him he had fed her to Galactus. He needs to reach a certain level of anger to turn WBH, he's not going to get that angry in a random encounter with someone he's never met before.

#131 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Again even in his fight with Skaar he had an incentive, he hadn't gotten over the death of Caiera at that point and Skaar had just told him he had fed her to Galactus. He needs to reach a certain level of anger to turn WBH, he's not going to get that angry in a random encounter with someone he's never met before.

I agree, "World Breaker" levels of anger are based on enormous stress on Banner about some situation near and dear to him. Random encounters wouldn't trigger this unless specified by the OP or the encounter does something really grievous to Banner's loved ones. If this would occur, PG better BFR herself into space!

#132 Posted by RogueShadow (9778 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Hulk?

#133 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl. Hulk won't touch her. I like how people keep posting Waid's stuff yet forget how even when charging in a blind rage, he couldn't tag a Daredevil that was just exposed to sonics. Hulk was blind but knew where Murdock's exact locations were at due to where he was charging and attacking. Despite his highly inflated blur blitzes as of late, he couldn't hit him. Appearing as a blur to characters with no established reflex feats is by no means any form of argument that says he can hit Power Girl. That's not much better than someone posting the scan of Damian Wayne blitzing a guy with a dozen blur like punches and saying he can hit Power Girl.

And how often and how great speed did she really used?

Not again Despero, Black Adam or Wonder Woman. And not in most team battles I have seen.

#134 Posted by JwwProd (8457 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl.

#135 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@ghostravage said:

@dondave said:

If you don't remember Hulk almost achieving WBH state while Skaar was just playing with his feelings... Even before all the things Skaar said, Hulk was already a few steps from unleashing WBH... It was a random encounter, Hulk even told him he wasn't there to fight him...

#136 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: @god_spawn

I hate to see you two quarrel like this.

I think what dum529001 is trying to say is that the speed of Hulk's blows would have to be very fast in order to cause the amount of destruction that they do.

Think of it this way, The Hulk is big but not that big, he's usually 1,000 lbs+, he has a fixed mass. And as physics tells us \vec{F} = m \vec{a}

Force= Mass X Acceleration.

#137 Edited by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Edited by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: You want proof of Hulk not being FTL? I have enough proof... Pretty much every single issue where he appears.

#139 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

When did this happen? Can you link me the news? Im quite interested in this.

#140 Edited by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, this whole thing about Hulk being FTL is just people attempting to be clever and make it so he doesn't lose every battle against people who are too fast for him, he has never shown any kind of speed near lightspeed. It's not up to anyone to prove that Hulk can't go lightspeed.

#141 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001: You want prove of Hulk not being FTL? I have enough proof... Pretty much every single issue where he appears.

#142 Edited by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage said:

@dum529001: You want prove of Hulk not being FTL? I have enough proof... Pretty much every single issue where he appears.

Spawn... wtf is that...?

#143 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio
#144 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Posted by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@humannumber:

Whoever decided that grid really has a hard-on for the Hulkster.

#146 Edited by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@humannumber: Marvel.com's grids are all wikis too. The "official" rankings are total BS for the most part. Someone gave Colossus a 5 on energy projection which makes absolutely no sense. It's like the website doesn't even look at the handbooks when making them.

#147 Edited by HumanNumber (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Ugh, why do they even have separate ones for the website? It will only lead to the aforementioned misinformation. Somewhere out there somebody thinks that Hulk really does have 7 fighting skills. Although to be fair, in the X-men arcade game Colossus does seem to have some wicked energy projection XD.

#148 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: That powergrid is ridiculous... is it based on legit proof?

#149 Posted by God_Spawn (37158 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: It's fan edited. The wiki itself doesn't seem to be edited since 2007 either. Shows how lax the people who run the thing are.

#150 Posted by GhostRavage (8247 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: It sucks... And can misinform new people too... It should be banned.