#1 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio






#2 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio
Gladiator at max confidence might win but I still think he's a jobber
#3 Posted by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl

#4 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

power girl

#5 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Pee Gee

#6 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how Power Girl takes this fight.  Gladiator is pretty much on Superman's level with hundreds of years of experience. 

#7 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl wins

#8 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"I don't see how Power Girl takes this fight.  Gladiator is pretty much on Superman's level with hundreds of years of experience.  "
Its because Power Girl, as a kryptonian, is on Superman level.  Gladiator, as a cheap immitation of Superboy created only so that the X-Men could fight the Legion, is not.
#9 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"I don't see how Power Girl takes this fight.  Gladiator is pretty much on Superman's level with hundreds of years of experience.  "
Its because Power Girl, as a kryptonian, is on Superman level.  Gladiator, as a cheap immitation of Superboy created only so that the X-Men could fight the Legion, is not. "

Power Girl, while strong, has shown no feats that put her on Superman's level, while Gladiator has fought people that are of comparable strength to Superman and shattered planets.
#10 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

I put them both at half Superman level
Glads onced destroyed a small planet with his bare hands
when you put aside some of the crap writting recently of him
he is powerful enough to take this

#11 Posted by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"@Zoom said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"I don't see how Power Girl takes this fight.  Gladiator is pretty much on Superman's level with hundreds of years of experience.  "
Its because Power Girl, as a kryptonian, is on Superman level.  Gladiator, as a cheap immitation of Superboy created only so that the X-Men could fight the Legion, is not. "
Power Girl, while strong, has shown no feats that put her on Superman's level, while Gladiator has fought people that are of comparable strength to Superman and shattered planets."

Glad is nowhere near Supermans power level.
PG takes this.
#12 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

Explain to me how he's not and then explain to me how PG is.

#13 Edited by xan84 (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"Explain to me how he's not and then explain to me how PG is."

Superman trades punches (under a red sun) and shatters planets. Glad destroyed a small planet and old one (old=probably unstable to). Also Superman feats (and there are many)>>>>>>>>>>>>GLAD.
PG is a kryptonian. She is to SM what a normal female is to a man.
#14 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@Xan said:
"@ThanosIsMad said:
"Explain to me how he's not and then explain to me how PG is."
Superman trades punches (under a red sun) and shatters planets. Glad destroyed a small planet and old one (old=probably unstable to). Also Superman feats (and there are many)>>>>>>>>>>>>GLAD.PG is a kryptonian. She is to SM what a normal female is to a man. "

that sounds like half his power to me
#15 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"@Zoom said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"I don't see how Power Girl takes this fight.  Gladiator is pretty much on Superman's level with hundreds of years of experience.  "
Its because Power Girl, as a kryptonian, is on Superman level.  Gladiator, as a cheap immitation of Superboy created only so that the X-Men could fight the Legion, is not. "
Power Girl, while strong, has shown no feats that put her on Superman's level, while Gladiator has fought people that are of comparable strength to Superman and shattered planets."

me agree
#16 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl would win, unless gladiator is max. I have seen gladiator get slapped around by rogue, but at full confidence has humiliated a laid back juggernaut, and crack planets, his strength is limitless potentially, that's what I here anyway.

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Power Girl would hurt up Gladiator... it could be an entertaining fight though
#18 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

power girl

#19 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimatewarrior123
said:
"Powergirl would win, unless gladiator is max. I have seen gladiator get slapped around by rogue, but at full confidence has humiliated a laid back juggernaut, and crack planets, his strength is limitless potentially, that's what I here anyway. "
No Gladiator's strength is not limitless.
Like the time he shows strain on his face when lifting the old baxter building. That don't sound like limitless strength.
When did Gladiator humilate a laid back Juggernaut ?

As for cracking planets, it took when appeared to be dozens of blows to ctack the crust of the planet. That can lead to a chain reaction that can destroy a planet.
We don't know the size of the planet, its age, its composition etc so at beast the feat is ambiguous.
And as for cracking the crust, that can be done with a nuclear bomb, which is far less power than that required to move around 50% the weight of the Earth.
Gladiator is in terms of strength drastically inferior to Superman.


@StrongestOneThereIs said:
"@Xan said:
"@ThanosIsMad said:
"Explain to me how he's not and then explain to me how PG is."
Superman trades punches (under a red sun) and shatters planets. Glad destroyed a small planet and old one (old=probably unstable to). Also Superman feats (and there are many)>>>>>>>>>>>>GLAD.PG is a kryptonian. She is to SM what a normal female is to a man. "
that sounds like half his power to me "

Gladiator is far lower than 50% the strength of Superman.


#20 Edited by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator: It took Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to move earth. That would be a third. Your saying that Gladiator could not move half of that percentage himself?
#21 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
just like Martain manhunter claiming that he is as strong as superman and lifting and throwing a one story building..

you guys get to carried away with the lifting feat which is impossible to perform in the marvel universe but forget about the striking power of their opponents
#22 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is Superman. Many are said to be nearly as strong, but only Captain Marvel has proven to be. Not in just going toe to toe with him, but in feats as well.

#23 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"
@ultimatewarrior123
said:
"Powergirl would win, unless gladiator is max. I have seen gladiator get slapped around by rogue, but at full confidence has humiliated a laid back juggernaut, and crack planets, his strength is limitless potentially, that's what I here anyway. "
No Gladiator's strength is not limitless.
Like the time he shows strain on his face when lifting the old baxter building. That don't sound like limitless strength.
When did Gladiator humilate a laid back Juggernaut ?

As for cracking planets, it took when appeared to be dozens of blows to ctack the crust of the planet. That can lead to a chain reaction that can destroy a planet.
We don't know the size of the planet, its age, its composition etc so at beast the feat is ambiguous.
And as for cracking the crust, that can be done with a nuclear bomb, which is far less power than that required to move around 50% the weight of the Earth.
Gladiator is in terms of strength drastically inferior to Superman.


@StrongestOneThereIs said:
"@Xan said:
"@ThanosIsMad said:
"Explain to me how he's not and then explain to me how PG is."
Superman trades punches (under a red sun) and shatters planets. Glad destroyed a small planet and old one (old=probably unstable to). Also Superman feats (and there are many)>>>>>>>>>>>>GLAD.PG is a kryptonian. She is to SM what a normal female is to a man. "
that sounds like half his power to me "
Gladiator is far lower than 50% the strength of Superman."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig : Juggernaut got owned.
If you want to know more about Gladiator you can see that Gladiator is on superman's level:

Gladiator is an alien possessed of numerous abilities, first and foremost being his extraordinary strength. Whilst the uppermost limit of his strength is unknown, Gladiator has proven able to lift over 100 tons in weight. He once lifted the entire 35 floor Baxter Building in New York City, and has boasted of being able to move whole planets. In addition to his strength, Gladiator is virtually invulnerable to the point where he has survived an explosion of nearly nova force completely unharmed. He is, however, vulnerable to certain unspecified wavelengths of radiation.

Gladiator can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster-than-light speeds in hyperspace.

#24 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
The Baxter Building is what 200,000 to 250,000 tons of weight... thats impressive... but thats no where near the weight of a third of the Earth...
#25 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
@ultimatewarrior123 said:
?v=4mn3AQWxAig : Juggernaut got owned.
If you want to know more about Gladiator you can see that Gladiator is on superman's level:

Gladiator is an alien possessed of numerous abilities, first and foremost being his extraordinary strength. Whilst the uppermost limit of his strength is unknown, Gladiator has proven able to lift over 100 tons in weight. He once lifted the entire 35 floor Baxter Building in New York City, and has boasted of being able to move whole planets. In addition to his strength, Gladiator is virtually invulnerable to the point where he has survived an explosion of nearly nova force completely unharmed. He is, however, vulnerable to certain unspecified wavelengths of radiation.

Gladiator can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster-than-light speeds in hyperspace.

"

Oh you mean the X-men cartoon - that is NOT CANNON.
It's not in the comic continuity so it is meaningless.

Wow, you copied the the older Marvel handbook entry for Gladiator.
Firstly he can't move planets - he's never been shown to.
The Baxter Building weights around 100,000 tonnes. He never lifted all of it if you actually seen the image or read the comic. He lifts onnes side of it. With strain on his face.
That building does not equate to a a good percentage of the weight of the world.
As for being indestructible, that sure applies when he is made to bleed often and is injured be beings weaker than himself.
Superman has withstood an explosion that was said to have decimated half a galaxy.
I accept that Gladiator can fly faster than Superman (that's flight - not reaction speed) as he can enter hyperspace.

Now again what proof did you have ?
#26 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
this is how i view thinks and equate them pretty dumb down but it can be relateable to the masses.

a man going up hill or down a hill with a strap tied to a 1 ton weighed  block.  the guy tied to the block struggles to  pull and push the weigh up or  down the hill.

the second guy in  his world is impossible by laws of physics to haul such weigh but, in his world he is allowed to punch it and shatter it. hmmmm........ which feat seems more impressive here?


in the real world we would say the guy that can shatter an iron block to be stronger then the guy who can pull it with his entire body.
#27 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"this is how i view thinks and equate them pretty dumb down but it can be relateable to the masses.

a man going up hill or down a hill with a strap tied to a 1 ton weighed  block.  the guy tied to the block struggles to to pull and push the weigh up or  down the hill.

the second guy is his world is impossible by laws of physics to haul such weigh but, in his world he is allowed to punch it and shatter it. hmmmm........ which feat seems more impressive here?


in the real world we would say the guy that can shatter a, iron block to be stronger then the guy who can pull it with his entire body."
Way off.

#28 Posted by LastSon1027 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Pee Gee, Can't go wrong with a Kryptonian.

#29 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
tell me who do you think can hit harder in the real world the olympic weigh lifter or the olympic boxer of same height and build?
#30 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"@ultimatewarrior123 said:
?v=4mn3AQWxAig : Juggernaut got owned.
If you want to know more about Gladiator you can see that Gladiator is on superman's level:

Gladiator is an alien possessed of numerous abilities, first and foremost being his extraordinary strength. Whilst the uppermost limit of his strength is unknown, Gladiator has proven able to lift over 100 tons in weight. He once lifted the entire 35 floor Baxter Building in New York City, and has boasted of being able to move whole planets. In addition to his strength, Gladiator is virtually invulnerable to the point where he has survived an explosion of nearly nova force completely unharmed. He is, however, vulnerable to certain unspecified wavelengths of radiation.

Gladiator can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster-than-light speeds in hyperspace.

"
Oh you mean the X-men cartoon - that is NOT CANNON.It's not in the comic continuity so it is meaningless.Wow, you copied the the older Marvel handbook entry for Gladiator.Firstly he can't move planets - he's never been shown to.The Baxter Building weights around 100,000 tonnes. He never lifted all of it if you actually seen the image or read the comic. He lifts onnes side of it. With strain on his face.That building does not equate to a a good percentage of the weight of the world.As for being indestructible, that sure applies when he is made to bleed often and is injured be beings weaker than himself.Superman has withstood an explosion that was said to have decimated half a galaxy.I accept that Gladiator can fly faster than Superman (that's flight - not reaction speed) as he can enter hyperspace.Now again what proof did you have ? "

That is not cannon, please, enough with that, it is just a scenario of what would happen if juggernaut is laid back, juggernaut was too used to fighting weaklings, that he did not use his full strength, gladiator was confident and saw himself as immovable, and so because juggs was not charging, gladiator won. Gladiator is very strong, and one does not have to be as strong as the opponent, it is about punching power.

Here is wiki's point of view:
Gladiator possesses a number of superhuman capabilities as a result of his unique alien physiology including superhuman strength (lifting a skyscraper); speed, stamina; durability (can withstand a supernova); reflexes; heat vision; frost breath and is capable of warpspeed flight. Gladiator's abilities increase and decrease in accordance with his level of confidence

And please show the comic because I can't just take your word.
Gladiator has super reflexes which are not known and so we don't know whether they are higher than powergirl's or not, so please remember it is impossible to find proof because comic's are sometimes sketchy when it gets into feats.
That is why we look at evidence.
#31 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets say that the feat of Gladiator destroying a planet with his bare hands is just that. I know that there are factors that could come into play, but since the writer didn't take the time to mention them, lets assume they don't exist.

That would leave the question of how destroying a planet with the force of your hands compare to moving a third of a planet out of its orbit.
I say Gladiator is much stronger than most want to give him credit for. Is he equal to Superman? Or course not. But I think it is sfae to say that he is approaching half is power level if not more.

#32 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes*
#33 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I have always thought of Gladiator as a good fraction of Current Superman's raw overall strength... ( 35 - 40 percent )
#34 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes* "
Actually I feel the opposite, but you have to factor in that Superman's feat involve him pulling the planet out of it's gravitational orbit. So there was some resistance to note.
#35 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" I have always thought of Gladiator as a good fraction of Current Superman's raw overall strength... ( 35 - 40 percent )
"
I agree but my opinion may slightly higher (45 - 55%). Most seem to put him more at 15-25%
#36 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes*"

I know, what is up with that, even though gladiator has said that he has moved planets.
Punching power is more important than weightlifting, which means absolutely nothing, except that you are likely to be very durable.
#37 Edited by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@ultimatewarrior123 said:
" @castleking said:
"so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes*"
I know, what is up with that, even though gladiator has said that he has moved planets.Punching power is more important than weightlifting, which means absolutely nothing, except that you are likely to be very durable. "
Punching is not a sign of pure strength.You can have a stronger punch but still be overall weaker than another. Who was stronger Bruce Lee or Arnold? Who had the stronger punch? Two different things.
#38 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
also superman relied and his flight power that has bn noted to increase and add to his overall strength in such situations... alone superman was only able to move/budge a small moon. a moon is a lot smaller then a small planet. aside from that i have to point out that marvel does not allow such feats of strength since it is impossible for their universe's physics. a perfect example of this was in a cross over with cyborg superman effort to recreate WW2.  the planet buckled and shattered under its own weight and force for  trying  to move the planet. another example of the marvel laws of physics is reed richard explaining how Glads was able to lift the baxter building.

you guys who like to pull the DC feats should take into account for the different universes which most of you smugly do not and take great pleasure in ignoring so long as it makes your character look good. i can also point out that ppl far weaker then planet moving supes have hurt and injured supes with nothing more then striking power and being several tiers below his strength bracket. some of these ppl dont even exploit supes weakness and even some of you have the audacity to claim some of these ppl are even superman lvl strength rather then admit that supes can be injured by a mid lvl brick.

#39 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: good point about the flight power
#40 Posted by ultimatewarrior123 (1374 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alpha said:

"@ultimatewarrior123 said:
" @castleking said:
"so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes*"
I know, what is up with that, even though gladiator has said that he has moved planets.Punching power is more important than weightlifting, which means absolutely nothing, except that you are likely to be very durable. "
Punching is not a sign of pure strength.You can have a stronger punch but still be overall weaker than another. Who was stronger Bruce Lee or Arnold? Who had the stronger punch? Two different things. "


 

Missing the point, the point is that when fighting, it is punch strength that matters, and not weightlifting strength.
#41 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
@ultimatewarrior123 said:
"

@Alpha said:

"@ultimatewarrior123 said:
" @castleking said:
"so you subscribe that it is better to pull block of iron then to shatter it with your fist as a sign of true strength?  *rolls eyes*"
I know, what is up with that, even though gladiator has said that he has moved planets.Punching power is more important than weightlifting, which means absolutely nothing, except that you are likely to be very durable. "
Punching is not a sign of pure strength.You can have a stronger punch but still be overall weaker than another. Who was stronger Bruce Lee or Arnold? Who had the stronger punch? Two different things. "


 

Missing the point, the point is that when fighting, it is punch strength that matters, and not weightlifting strength. "
Sorry about that. I see. And I agree.
#42 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"Power Girl, while strong, has shown no feats that put her on Superman's level, while Gladiator has fought people that are of comparable strength to Superman and shattered planets."
Absolutely false.

Power Girl, by definition, is nearly as strong as Superman.  I'm not big on JLE or JSA so I can't throw out specific feats but how much weaker could she honestly be?

Gladiator has never fought anybody with comparable strength to Superman.  He barely beat Hyperion.
#43 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

PG spanks him. and Glads enjoys it.

#44 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
"Power Girl, while strong, has shown no feats that put her on Superman's level, while Gladiator has fought people that are of comparable strength to Superman and shattered planets."
Absolutely false.Power Girl, by definition, is nearly as strong as Superman.  I'm not big on JLE or JSA so I can't throw out specific feats but how much weaker could she honestly be?Gladiator has never fought anybody with comparable strength to Superman.  He barely beat Hyperion. "

He fought Thor.  In JLA/Avengers, Superman fought Thor.  If Thor wasn't comparable in strength to Superman, Superman would've walked all over him, which did not happen.

Besides, Power Girl is an Earth-Two Kryptonian (an Earth-Two Kryptonian that somehow gets powers similar to current Kryptonians, but that's not the point).  Earth-Two Kryptonians are the weakest of the bunch, so that alone keeps her from being on Superman's level anyway.  Secondly, she hasn't displayed any feats that put her on Superman's level.  At all.  Just because she's a Kryptonian doesn't automatically make her equal in strength to another Kryptonian.  That's like saying Donna Troy is equal to Wonder Woman, despite the fact that Diana has shown that she's faster and stronger than her sister.
#45 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman beat Thor and Thor beat Gladiator.  Gambit and Corsair beat Gladiator too.  Hell, Colossus and Cannonball have given him a good fight.  Gladiator isn't even close to Superman level.  He's a Superboy knock off.  That's all he is.

And Earth Two kryptonians are not weaker than Earth One kryptonians at all.  E2 Superman was more powerful than E1 Superman.

As for Donna Troy, her powers are nothing like Diana's.  She's not an amazon and her powers were gained in a different manner.  The difference between their power levels is much greater than the difference between Superman and Power Girl's.

#46 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2222 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" Superman beat Thor and Thor beat Gladiator.  Gambit and Corsair beat Gladiator too.  Hell, Colossus and Cannonball have given him a good fight.  Gladiator isn't even close to Superman level.  He's a Superboy knock off.  That's all he is.And Earth Two kryptonians are not weaker than Earth One kryptonians at all.  E2 Superman was more powerful than E1 Superman.As for Donna Troy, her powers are nothing like Diana's.  She's not an amazon and her powers were gained in a different manner.  The difference between their power levels is much greater than the difference between Superman and Power Girl's. "

Batman has beaten Superman.  Outside of PIS, the only person who should've beaten Gladiator was Thor.  Illogical wins occur all the time in comics. 

And we're both wrong on Earth-Two.  Superman was originally weaker than the Earth-1 version, but he eventually got just as strong. 

Donna is a copy of Diana.  Then the Titans of Myth tried to convince her that she was one of them.  All of this got revealed during Infinite Crisis.  The only thing that Donna has over Diana is energy blasts.

And back to my earlier statement, if it took Earth-2 Superman well into his 50's in order to get as strong as E-1 Superman, then obviously, it'd take Power Girl a similar length of time to reach the level of strength held by the current Superman, thus making the gap in strength between her and Gladiator even smaller (assuming she was the stronger of the two).
#47 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"this is how i view thinks and equate them pretty dumb down but it can be relateable to the masses.

a man going up hill or down a hill with a strap tied to a 1 ton weighed  block.  the guy tied to the block struggles to  pull and push the weigh up or  down the hill.

the second guy in  his world is impossible by laws of physics to haul such weigh but, in his world he is allowed to punch it and shatter it. hmmmm........ which feat seems more impressive here?


in the real world we would say the guy that can shatter an iron block to be stronger then the guy who can pull it with his entire body."
But this is not in any way the same as your 'real world example' as the materials are different.

How about this one then. A 1 tonne stone boulder can be cracked and broken up by a man hitting it with a sledge hammer repeatedly. Now can you move that boulder ?

Gladiator had to repeatedly hit the surface of the planet to crack its crust. A several megatonne focussed explosion can crack a crust of a planet (like Earth). That is nowhere near the same amount of force / energy  required to move even a small portion of the Earth's mass.
Now the we know almost nothing about the planet that he broke up. We don't know its size, composition, tectonic stability etc. We cannot even be sure of its age but we can estimate that it is old (note the top left text).
It would appear that his repeated blows crack the crust, leading to a chain reaction that results in the planet breaks up.  Basically we don't know much about the planet period so what you think you see here is wishful thinking.







Gladiator's feat here is ambiguous and there is a rational explanation that I have offered.
But the basic underpinning fact is that we have seen Superman perform many feats that get close to his feat of moving say 50% of the Earth's mass with Hal Jordan, feats that drastically exced those of Gladiator.


For instance,

Adventure of Superman #473: From Earth, Superman threw an alien space craft clear of Earths gravity and into outer space. This craft was larger than an aircraft carrier, being over a mile long (a typical aircraft carrier is about a 1/4 of a mile long and weighs about 100,000 tons), so this ship was about 16x that size, which equals to around 1.6 million tonnes.

Action Comics # 585: Superman muscled overhead a magically animated mountain, not quite big enough to "crush Metropolis with one step." He achieved flight with it and flew the massive chunk of earth into outer space. Once there, he tossed the mountain into orbit around the sun.

Action Comics # 793: Superman plugged up an active volcano by very casually dropping a mountain on top of it.

JLA: World War Three story-line: Superman was chained to the endless millwheels of the Mageddon machinery. His strength was used to move the gears of a weapon whose size dwarfed the entire Earth/Moon system.

In Superman: The Earth Stealers, Superman propelled a massive space station, cylindrical in shape and stated to be 600 miles in diameter (the length of the cylinder, judging by the depiction, had to have been about 2500 miles ) by pushing against it. The weight was inestimable- it was constructed from all the natural resources gleaned from an entire solar system. A hyperspace portal was opened and Superman not only pushed it, he propelled it for 20 minutes through hyperspace (it was stated that they reached the halfway point at 10 minutes).

 In JLA: The Century War, ancient "alchemical engines" were causing the moon to fall towards the Earth. Superman and Green Lantern took turns holding the moon back against the "geometrically increasing force" that was causing it to fall. Superman got the last "moon-bracing" shift.

In Superman Man of Steel #30, Superman grabbed, easily broke the forward movement of, and easily threw in the opposite direction, a space ship the size of a small moon.

In JLA # 58, Superman , Wonder Woman and Green Lantern collaborated to tow Earths moon a distance of 238,900 miles in mere seconds, indicating a fantastic acceleration, and then pulled the moon out of Earth's gravity (which increases its weight tremendously).

In the Lex 2000 special, with a single strike, Superman split one of Saturns moons in half (the moons of Saturn are small).

He has also pulled the Earth back in to orbit with help from Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter.

He and Wonder Woman held up the body of the Spectre (described as being the weight of Eternity).

He has also held a blackhole in his hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you also mention that it's impossible by the laws of physics to haul such weight.
Gladiator uprooting the baxter Building does a similar thing in that the building does not collapse under it's own weight.





As for durability, here are a few feats for Superman,

In Man of Steel #131, Superman easily shrugged off a massive nuclear blast, while literally sitting in kryptonite.

In Superman #22, he withstood several blows from Quex-El, a pocketverse Kryptonian whose strength seemed comparable to Pre-Crisis levels.

In Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, Superman survived, at ground zero, a blast equal to "a million nuclear bombs" (according to the energy being Waverider). The explosion was caused by the destruction of the power generator for the entire planet of Calaton; the energy was drawn from the planetary core. Superman did not suffer any physical damage, but was momentarily rendered inert, and stated that he felt concussed. He then got up and boxed a little more with Doomsday, who also survived the blast.

In Adventures of Superman #478, as part of the Time and Time Again storyline, Superman survived- without so much as batting an eye- the nuclear destruction of the entire moon in the year 2995. The moon had been lined with sufficient nuclear devices to disintegrate it in one shot. When the moon was obliterated, Superman was actually within the moon (structures had been built beneath the surface of the moon). He did not suffer any harm and did not lose consciousness.

In both Action Comics # 782 and Superman Man of Steel #64, Superman survived the core of the sun without any problems. The pressure at the core of the sun is equal to 250 billion Earth atmospheres.

In JLA #41, Superman absorbed the energy of the Mageddon Warhead, a device capable, at the minimum, of vaporizing half a galaxy. Writer Grant Morrison intended Mageddon to be "the primordial annihilator" capable of literally destroying everything. Visibly distressed by the absorption, Superman still suffered no harm whatsoever, and even smiled afterwards.



Gladaitor is but a pale imitation of Superman in terms of raw power.














































#48 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" also superman relied and his flight power that has bn noted to increase and add to his overall strength in such situations... alone superman was only able to move/budge a small moon. a moon is a lot smaller then a small planet. aside from that i have to point out that marvel does not allow such feats of strength since it is impossible for their universe's physics. a perfect example of this was in a cross over with cyborg superman effort to recreate WW2.  the planet buckled and shattered under its own weight and force for  trying  to move the planet. another example of the marvel laws of physics is reed richard explaining how Glads was able to lift the baxter building.

you guys who like to pull the DC feats should take into account for the different universes which most of you smugly do not and take great pleasure in ignoring so long as it makes your character look good. i can also point out that ppl far weaker then planet moving supes have hurt and injured supes with nothing more then striking power and being several tiers below his strength bracket. some of these ppl dont even exploit supes weakness and even some of you have the audacity to claim some of these ppl are even superman lvl strength rather then admit that supes can be injured by a mid lvl brick.
"
@creator
For instance,

Adventure of Superman #473: From Earth, Superman threw an alien space craft clear of Earths gravity and into outer space. This craft was larger than an aircraft carrier
, being over a mile long (a typical aircraft carrier is about a 1/4 of a mile long and weighs about 100,000 tons), so this ship was about 16x that size, which equals to around 1.6 million tonnes.

this feat was a amped up and out of control supes his powers started going haywire did you read the book supes stated he couldnt do that feat under his own normal power lvl.

#49 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

I have all of the comics :-)
I simply don't them right by my side  :-(

You miss the point with moving a planet that I have recently explained in another thread.
In at least 2 othose examples, he is pulling on a 'rope' to move it. Even if he employed his flight power to augment his pulling power, he must still retain his grip on the ;'rope' and so like any weak link in a chain, if his muscles could not support the mass, he would lose his grip.
He didn't.
He can support the mass.

#50 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
"Batman has beaten Superman."
With Kryptonite.

What's Gladiator's excuse?