Power Cosmic vs Cosmic power

AppleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AppleMan

First of all: It's a long time since i follow lots of battles on this and other forums and i think that comic vine it's the best out there; so here we go with my firt battle! i know that there is already something similar but i want to have a final opinion... which is better? Power cosmic is detained by Galactus and he gave it to almost all his heralds. The cosmic power i think is used by celestials and eternals like thanos. So please try to write all the information you have got about this two kind of powers. However i apologize for my bad english but i'm italian and i'm trying to be better at it...

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Magethor

@AppleMan said:

First of all: It's a long time since i follow lots of battles on this and other forums and i think that comic vine it's the best out there; so here we go with my firt battle! i know that there is already something similar but i want to have a final opinion... which is better? Power cosmic is detained by Galactus and he gave it to almost all his heralds. The cosmic power i think is used by celestials and eternals like thanos. So please try to write all the information you have got about this two kind of powers. However i apologize for my bad english but i'm italian and i'm trying to be better at it...

The Power Cosmic is the left over power of the old universe prior to the creation of the new universe. When Galan was about to die, The Phoenix Force used a cosmic egg to absorb all that was in the old universe. Galan was absorbed as well and protected while the new universe was created. The new universe was created through a Big Bang and the residue power of the Big Bang is called the Primordial Cosmic Power. This is the Power that all of the Elders of the Universe have. Everyone in the current state has current universal cosmic power, but Galactus has the curse of the Power Cosmic. It's collapsing power, so he needs to maintain it by eating specific planets to keep the Power Cosmic from killing him.

So if it were up to me, I would greatly prefer standard manipulation of the Four Fundamental Forces (Cosmic) of the Universe than be cursed by a constant unstable power of the Power Cosmic.

AppleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AppleMan

Thank you for the answer :)

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By YoungJustice

You speak great English. A Lot more than some people I know...........

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By renamed040924

@AppleMan said:

Thank you for the answer :)

As said, the Power Cosmic is more powerful, but the Cosmic Power is more stable, no planet eating.

AppleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AppleMan

ok... try to think about this: if one guy whit the esame amount of Power cosmic as the Silver Surfer as would fight against another guy with the same amount of Cosmic power as the Power cosmic is who would win? i hope you have understood what i mean... XD

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@AppleMan: Contrary to what most people are saying Power Cosmic and Cosmic Powers , as you put it, are one and the same thing. The word cosmic comes from cosmos meaning the universe. Galactus is a living embodiment of cosmic powers or power cosmic but he isnt the sum total of all the power of the cosmos. The powers of the celestials are the same.

It was actually explained in Eternity 07 (2009) that the celestials are created by Fulcrum, Thor: Back Galaxy Saga stand to reason that the creation takes places in the black galaxy. Fulcrum harvest living planets the same way Galactus does, but unlike galactus he sends his druid for the harvest.

Below are the scans of druids who were about to harvest the earth for Fulcrum's purpose who face an aspect of the Dreaming Celestial which was activated by Eternals (not the entire Dreaming Celestial), from Eternals Issue 09

Also here's a scan of a bio explaining Galactus's power and although under the title Power Cosmic, it clearly says he has limitless Cosmic Powers, which obviously stand to reason they are one and the same.

No Caption Provided
Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magethor

@AppleMan said:

ok... try to think about this: if one guy whit the esame amount of Power cosmic as the Silver Surfer as would fight against another guy with the same amount of Cosmic power as the Power cosmic is who would win? i hope you have understood what i mean... XD

That would be like Silver Surfer vs Quasar all over again. Better to compare Power Cosmic to Magical/Extradimensional energy. Galactus vs Dormammu for example.

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BMEZY

@AppleMan: Cosmic Power is MUCH more powerful! Those that uses cosmic powers: Thanos, Beyonder, Phoenix Force, Eternity, Death, Infinity, Celestrials, Infinity Gauntlets, Cosmic Cubes etc etc(which is cosmic in nature). The Power Cosmic is restricted to only Galactus and his Heralds.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Magethor

@BMEZY said:

@AppleMan: Cosmic Power is MUCH more powerful! Those that uses cosmic powers: Thanos, Beyonder, Phoenix Force, Eternity, Death, Infinity, Celestrials, Infinity Gauntlets, Cosmic Cubes etc etc(which is cosmic in nature). The Power Cosmic is restricted to only Galactus and his Heralds.

Beyonder doesn't use Cosmic Power. He uses extradimensional powers. Anyone that uses cosmic powers (four fundamental forces) are below the Cosmic Compass such as Death, Infinity, Eternity and Oblivion. Cosmic power is 3D power, but it's effects can somewhat affect 4D or maybe perhaps 5D as well. But extradimension beings like Beyonder, Dormammu, or even Cyttorak are well above and beyond 3D/5D power. They're not called "extradimensional" for no reason.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Killemall

@BMEZY said:

Erm what?

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Power Cosmic was great.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Baldy

Not a battle.

AppleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AppleMan

i'm sorry... so, what is it?

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can do this to the Power Cosmics that's for sure...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: This is actually no difference between power cosmic and cosmic powers, as the words have actually been used interchangeably and all it means is the power of the cosmos (universe/ multiver/ mergaverse as far as the imagination can go). The only difference is how much of power cosmic or cosmic power one can channel and contains. Celestials have power cosmic too, granted to them too, so does Fulcrum, but based on what we have heard about Fulcrum, although he is utterly featless apart from stopping a hoard of harvesters from eating up the city, resurrecting a dead sersi and looking cool in the bar drinking whatever he was drinking, he would probably have access too and control more cosmic powers than does Galactus. Thanos has the same abilities.

magnusalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By magnusalpha

"Power Cosmic and Cosmic Powers...are one and the same thing."

False. "The Power Cosmic" is a singular concept, something shared only with Galactus and any heralds he's imbued with it. It refers to the power Galactus has within him that was gifted to him when he was reborn from the previous universe.

"cosmic power" is a general idea, a phrase used to describe powers that are derived or generated from the energy of the universe, usually "cosmic power" is used when a person is referring to the abilities themselves, not where they come from (energy blasts or generating wormholes for example) but these are dual meanings of the same phrase.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By czarny_samael666
@magnusalpha said:

"Power Cosmic and Cosmic Powers...are one and the same thing."

False. "The Power Cosmic" is a singular concept, something shared only with Galactus and any heralds he's imbued with it. It refers to the power Galactus has within him that was gifted to him when he was reborn from the previous universe.

"cosmic power" is a general idea, a phrase used to describe powers that are derived or generated from the energy of the universe, usually "cosmic power" is used when a person is referring to the abilities themselves, not where they come from (energy blasts or generating wormholes for example) but these are dual meanings of the same phrase.

I agree.
@Killemall said:

@AppleMan: Contrary to what most people are saying Power Cosmic and Cosmic Powers , as you put it, are one and the same thing. The word cosmic comes from cosmos meaning the universe. Galactus is a living embodiment of cosmic powers or power cosmic but he isnt the sum total of all the power of the cosmos. The powers of the celestials are the same.

It was actually explained in Eternity 07 (2009) that the celestials are created by Fulcrum, Thor: Back Galaxy Saga stand to reason that the creation takes places in the black galaxy. Fulcrum harvest living planets the same way Galactus does, but unlike galactus he sends his druid for the harvest.

Below are the scans of druids who were about to harvest the earth for Fulcrum's purpose who face an aspect of the Dreaming Celestial which was activated by Eternals (not the entire Dreaming Celestial), from Eternals Issue 09

Also here's a scan of a bio explaining Galactus's power and although under the title Power Cosmic, it clearly says he has limitless Cosmic Powers, which obviously stand to reason they are one and the same.

No Caption Provided

Whole point of Annihilation was that Thanos had to find its source and effects. If he would use the same power source, he would know it perfectly. "Cosmic power" is rather a description about level of power and possibility to use it in any known in universe way, like TP, mm, EP, em, boosting own stats, giving power to other beings, etc.
Power Cosmic is like Odin Force in some degree - onyl group of characters can have it/are born with it.
Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

You can do this to the Power Cosmics that's for sure...

LOL, It's been 2 months already?

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how similar is the Enigma force for example compared to the power cosmic?

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously what is the difference? They both control matter/energy so how is it not mostly the same thing?

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously what is the difference? They both control matter/energy so how is it not mostly the same thing?

I always assumed they were two sides of the same coin, Or like Water and Ice.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flumox56: It makes so much more sense that way.