Poster: SoothingSounds vs Dratini (Votes)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Battlefield

No Caption Provided

Top Team Red. Bottom Team Blue.

Rules:

• All Characters have Standard Gear, Perfect Teamwork, and Morals.
  • Death or KO. No BFR.
  • No Time Stopping. Reality Warping. Summoning. Duplication.

Special Rules:

• Only one Stone for the Brothers.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds: I'm good with anything, though I won't be doing much today. I have a lot on my plate for tomorrow since I'm binging on my newly found freedom =)

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds: Alright, I'll start from the top and work my way down! I'll explain everything so those of us who aren't familiar with Full Metal Alchemist can keep up =D (By the by, have you read the series/watched Brotherhood, I just like to know so I can make sure I'm not babying you or anything ^_^;)

Prince Ling

Ling is the prince of a kingdom that is for most purposes basically China (The place is called "Xing", but it's very similar to China). He has been raised since a young age to be an excellent warrior, and should be considered a high tier street leveler with some minor superhuman abilities. He's strong, fast agile, and very skilled. However, that's not all (of course!)

As we can plainly see in the image, his right hand is grey and he has the ouroboros (I'm having a rough go of spelling that lol =P) on his left. This signifies the Homunculus Greed that poses him. Homunculus are powerful beings each capable of incredible abilities. They also have absurdly powerful regenerative abilities due to their power source, the philosopher stone.

These stones are made of the souls of those sacrificed to create them, and as a result you must kill the Homunculus until the stone runs out of juice to permanently kill one. Even removing the stone or destroying their bodies will not kill them, as they can rapidly regenerate so long as the stone is still around. And the stone is incredibly powerful in it's own right, and we'll get to that in a bit.

Greed's specific power is the "Ultimate Shield." His body becomes a hard form of Carbon that allows him to withstand blows that most would be unable to. He can also use Ling's skills to fight, making him a dangerous opponent

Pride

Pride is the first Homunculus made by "Father". It's a creature that has the appearance of a young boy, but his true form is the shadows behind him. his shadows can pierce thick armor, defend him, and move rapidly. Like other Homunculi, he is near immortal due to the philosopher stone within him. His shadows can devour people, hold them, control them, and do massive damage.

He's also shown the ability to recharge his stone by devouring the stones of other Homunculi.

Edward and Alphonse

Edward and Alphonse are incredibly skilled alchemists. Both are incredibly skilled in Hand to Hand combat as well as Alchemy. Alchemy is the power to transmute materials into other materials. This means transforming the ground into sand or mud, or even into guns and cannons. It has been shown to boil the water of people's bodies, change the chemical make up of objects, and even turn people into powerful bombs.

Usually this requires a transmutation circle and the "Law of Equivalent Exchange", but the Elric brothers have both seen the Gate of Truth, and as a result can transmute objects by clapping their hands.

The philosopher stone is a supreme alchemic weapon that allows the user to bypass the Law of Equivalent Exchange. In essence, it grants "Something for Nothing".

Now let's talk about each brother:

Edward has lost and arm and a leg due to attempting to return his mother to life. As a result, he now has an "Automail" arm and leg. Automail allows the user to have super strength, and is more durable than your average human arm. It can be broken though. Ed primarily uses his by utilizing his alchemy to modify his arm into a bladed weapon.

Alphonse is a roving suit of armor. He doesn't eat, sleep, or get tired. The armor can destroyed, but he will live on so long as the Blood Seal the back of his chest is not destroyed.

I'll give you the first move if you want it =D

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Well, i kinda did, but i deleted that jon :P

I aint gonna lie, i like being on the defensive side of debates for some odd reason, so please go ahead :) If you don't want it, i'll make it, i just don't want it lol. But nah, i haven't read Brotherhood, the first FMA was kinda dope from what i saw, (and it was sporadic episodes) but it couldn't really keep me interested. Saw the start up of FMA B, and i could already see myself saying the same thing. Anyways if you don't know about the KH Universe, i could type up a bit of what they can do real quick if you want.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds: That would be awesome, as I know almost nothing about it, I'll get you some stuff to refute in a few hours =D

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Kingdom Hearts and FMA. Arrrrrgggghhhh! I'm torn.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Alright here ya go man :)

Master Xehanort

Most powerful character and has the most powerful feats. He's a master keyblade wielder who has control over darkness and massive magic. His known set of powers includes powerful earth and ice magic, tk, teleportation, and is very skilled with his blade beating Terra with ease and literally blowing Mickey and Ventus off a cliff with a wave of wind. Just like with all keyblade wielders, only him and a select few can actually wield his blade.

As he has literally spent his whole life researching the keyblade war, darkness, hearts, and Kingdom hearts, he has ton of knowledge on darkness and the matters of the heart. The darkness is both an abstract and tangible thing in Kingdom hearts. It's the opposite to light(obviously), something that's stored within all hearts, and can consume just about everything. He's used this knowledge and power to literally rip Ventus darkness from within (nearly killing him if not for outside help), as well as rip his own heart out and continue on to another body(giving him not only his skills, but his host as well), and created an orb of darkness in the sky that has consumed entire planets(not really destroying, but multiple worlds have been essentially BFR'd to the dark realm, humans and life essentially dies or gets corrupted, but the planet itself, lives on!) He can also create some sort of being called Xehanorts Guardian, which includes essentially a set of skills that your own shadow man can use

Riku & Sora

Both are starting Keyblade warriors who have already save the KH universe twice, if not more so. As keyblade wielders, they both have access to a torrent of magic, which includes, but is not limited Firaga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, Aero magic, Gravity magic, magnet magic, curaga, and much more. Both have displayed at least hyper-sonic speeds, insane strength, great agility, and amazing durability. They easily have cut through skyscrapers as if it was a joke. They're both insanely well versed with how to use a sword. Sora has something called 'Drives' which essentially pushes him to another notch, and allows him to use two keyblades, as well as sometimes telekinetically control both of them. While Riku who is well versed with darkness, can use dark magic, and if push comes to shove, can actually unleash Ansem from his heart. Sadly, IC i can't see that happening much, especially in front of Sora and Mickey. But at the very least he can and has entered his dark form, which ups all of his physical stats.

Mickey Mouse

Not exactly the weakest character, but unless i missed a game, he has few feats, and they're not too impressive like what Xehanort has done with his few feats. But he is a Master Keyblade user, who took down three Darksides by himself in one blow (comparably, by the end of the first game, Sora still had an actual challenge by a Darkside, and another Keyblade Master when confronted by multiple Darksides, just gave up, but that might've been more of a mental issue). He has also demonstrated two forms of light magic, the ability to revive fallen comrades, and the power to heal both HP and MP. Lastly, he can enter the corridoors or Darkness, which may seem useless, but... meh, who knows, may come in handy.

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Yo did you get my reply man? Know notifications act up a lot.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dratini1331

@soothing_sounds: Oh yes, sorry I just forgot about this, sorry >.< I just made a new post instead =D

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: lol, it's all good, happens to the best of us. I'll prolly reply in the morning.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dratini1331

@soothing_sounds: ... I just had a giant part of my type up done, and all of my pages refreshed... I'm so depressed... Time to start over T.T

Greed

Greed is one of the 8, or 9 if you count Hohenheim, Homunculi of the FMA universe. He first appears as a young man simply going by "Greed", but is later brutally reverted to his philosopher stone state. After this, he merges with Ling (the guy in the picture) to gain both the bests of each person! He has insane regeneration, and stupid durability! Don't believe me?

Scans are out of order now T.T it goes middle, right, left, my apologies dear reader

Now, this may lead you to question his durability. I mean, a hammer taking his head off, how could I say he has high durability? Well, Greed can cover his body with a hard carbon shield, like so:

No Caption Provided

But what if he can only cover his hands, like some kind of weaksause Wolverine?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Noooope. See this armor is incredibly hard and can tank some big hits. It's said to be unable to be harmed by any weapon in the FMA world, which does include tanks and artillery. Anything short of city busting is unlikely cause him real harm, and if it does, he can still regenerate! My team can even buff his armor further! But I'll get to that later.

For now, let's explore a potential weakness, and address why it's not so much of a problem!

King Bradley (A character who is likely supersonic, though I realize still not quite as fast as your team) hits him when he's unprepared, leaving no time for hardening or regeneration. The difference here is that we are aware of each team, and we don't begin in a heads up encounter! This means, that if he fights smart, He'll be fully armored before we even begin to fight.

For reference, here's a small snippet of bradley's speed:

No Caption Provided

Meaning any character who can match Bradley in speed should be around supersonic+ or very close to that. Now how does this relate to Greed/Ling?

Well, in FMA, Bradley and Ling are stated to be rivals in skill and ability. Though bradley has the upper hand thanks to his eye and experience, ling is supposed to be as quick as Bradley:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It's reasonable to place both Bradley and Ling at supersonic levels of speed.

Pride

Prie is a Homunculus, and so he also has the insane regeneration, but his power set is a little different. let's have a look shall we:

So let's take a look at this character. He can control any Shadow. Note, this is not darkness, but shadows. He must have both light and darkness for this to work. However, so long as there is both, he has complete control over the surrounding area, and then some. How large is his control?

Here he is outside of Briggs, which is the most northern part of Amestris (the country)

No Caption Provided

and there he is in Central, the (obviously) center part of the country.

Both those scans are from the same chapter.

Your team would be within his range from the very onset of this battle, especially considering all the shade those trees and the statue will provide. He can also manipulate the shadows outward, and restrain people, as well as slash through stone and steel with extreme ease.

I'll do calcs for how fast they are later >.< I'm too tired to math currently.

The Brothers

Edward is an incredibly skilled alchemist. He can use alchemy without a transmutation circle and has excellent tactical abilities and imagination. He almost immediately sees through Greed's skill, and counters it with his alchemy.

This means he has a great understanding of Greed's abilities, and can buff Greed up immensely. He does the same later against Pride, causing all the lights to short out to negate the shadows.

He should be capable of coming up with a quick solution for almost anything your team can throw at mine.

He's skilled at hand to hand, and other than that, there really isn't much to say about him.

Alphonse is a walking suit of Armor, and he'll be getting the stone. Al can't be harmed or tired out, but he can be killed by destroying his blood seal in the back of his armor. However, he now has the philosopher stone! This means he can essentially bypass the Law of Equivalent exchange, i.e. he can reconstruct his body until the stone runs out.

He also would not have to use any motion to transmute object with the stone. Like his brother, he is a skilled alchemist, skilled at H2H, and can normally transmute things with a clap (though he can just use the stone here, so no motion will necessarily be required).

That's it for tonight! I'll do more when you respond!

PS - @cadencev2 how big is the stone for Al?

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tagged.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Cool, how large is the stone for the brothers, I'm assuming it's the one that Al had in the series, since that seems the most fair usage of it.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Votes

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daw, we barely got anything done =(

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been 10 days and 3 days since last post. Voting time. Make last minuet arguments.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331 said:

Been 10 days and 3 days since last post. Voting time. Make last minuet arguments.

Meh I'm good I guess, I would feel bad if I got more argument room than @soothing_sounds, but if he wants to post, I'll do it with him.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dratini1331
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@dratini1331: I'm forfeiting from all tournaments because i'm starting college.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh :( I see, well then best of luck with that =D I start back up next week as well so I get where you're coming from. Good Luck in college :D

@cadencev2: so this...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soothing_sounds said:

Oh :( I see, well then best of luck with that =D I start back up next week as well so I get where you're coming from. Good Luck in college :D

@cadencev2: so this...

Dratini Wins!

Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers