Pong Krell (The Clone Wars) vs Imperial Inquisitors (Rebels)

• 96 results
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Waking_Dreamer

Poll Pong Krell (The Clone Wars) vs Imperial Inquisitors (Rebels) (56 votes)

Jedi General Pong Krell 68%
Imperial Inquisitors 32%

No Caption Provided

So somehow Pong Krell survives the Clone Wars and Order 66. Darth Vader gets word sends Grand Inquisitor, Fifth Brother and Seventh Sister to hunt him down. Pong Krell deems killing all 3 Imperial Inquisitors would prove his strength so that he may finally join the Empire.

Starting Distance: 30 meters

• 
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

Pong Krell feats:

Loading Video...

7th Sister feats:

Loading Video...

5th Brother feats:

Loading Video...

Grand Inquisitor feats:

Loading Video...

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Pong Krell

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Krell has literally no dueling feats, so I am going to go with the inquisitors.

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait? Against all three Inquisitors? He losses.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@sirdrprofessor said:

Well, Krell has literally no dueling feats, so I am going to go with the inquisitors.

@wollfmyth said:

Sure, we've never seen him fight another duellist, but he was casually slaughtering experienced and hardened 501st Troopers. It's shown having a dozen 501st Troopers all shooting him barely slowed him down.

It's hard to see any individual Inquisitor replicating the same feat...maybe all three of them together.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Inquisitors are pathetic fodder who cannot even deal with low level padawans like Kanan

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voted Krell. No dueling feats of not, wielding two double bladed lightsaber a is a skill feat in of itself. He also seems more powerful than the Inquisitors.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Erkan12

The Inquisitor only lost to Kanan when Kanan used force rage, other than he beat him 3 times before, including in their last duel, Kanan was losing to him until Ezra fell and then Kanan used his force rage amplification.

I don't see how Krell can take down even two of them, let alone three at the same time. Two of those Inquisitor's collective force power is strong enough to stop the Phantom while flying, and the other consistently beat Kanan with the force.

Krell loses against three of them, against two of them depends on Ahsoka duel probably, we can gain more information about their dueling skills when they faced each other.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@erkan12 said:

The Inquisitor only lost to Kanan when Kanan used force rage, other than he beat him 3 times before, including in their last duel, Kanan was losing to him until Ezra fell and then Kanan used his force rage amplification.

I don't see how Krell can take down even two of them, let alone three at the same time. Two of those Inquisitor's collective force power is strong enough to stop the Phantom while flying, and the other consistently beat Kanan with the force.

Krell loses against three of them, against two of them depends on Ahsoka duel probably, we can gain more information about their dueling skills when they faced each other.

Though, would you say Pong Krell can comfortably take them down individually, or at least the Grand Inquisitor (since he has nothing left to show)? Personally, Id say slaughtering dozens of 501st Troops (shooting to kill) while surrounded, is more impressive than schooling Kanan and Erza most of the time.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 owie  Moderator

I am leaning toward Pong Krell, at least until we get more feats for the Inquisitors. He's got a major strength advantage. We are also dealing with a full-fledged Jedi against 3 not-even-apprentice Sith. On the other hand, the two new Inquisitors did have a pretty solid force feat by pulling back on the shuttle whole its engines were burning in the opposite direction, thus countering a fair amount of thrust.

Spector_Rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spector_Rand

Probably back the Inquisistors. The Grand's knowledge of Jedi Techniques, the numbers advantage and the unique nature of their sabres edges it out I think.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Krell. The Sith Inquisitors seem to be purposed for more low-level Jedi. Funnily enough though (fun fact for the day) the idea of the Sith Inquisitors were surfing around even in the Clone Wars. In Season 2, Episode 3, Palpatine hired bounty hunter Cad Bane to steal Force sensitive younglings so that Palpatine could train them as his own agents of the Dark Side. Sound familiar? Check it out:

Loading Video...

Watch from 11:22-12:08

I foresee an army of Force-talented spies in my service- trained in the Dark Side to peer into every corner of the galaxy from afar. And my enemies would be helpless against such vision.

In theory, Palpatine would have tried some time later during the Clone Wars only to succeed this time. Now having the children, he would train them in the ways of the Dark Side until they would graduate into Sith Inquisitors.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erkan12

@fetts said:

so that Palpatine could train them as his own agents of the Dark Side.

I am pretty sure Palpatine never trained someone after Maul, he doesn't have the time for that, therefor he tried to take someone who is already trained, a Jedi like Dooku / Anakin ... If not, he would train another Sith apprentice for himself in the first place.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@fetts said:

I voted for Krell. The Sith Inquisitors seem to be purposed for more low-level Jedi. Funnily enough though (fun fact for the day) the idea of the Sith Inquisitors were surfing around even in the Clone Wars. In Season 2, Episode 3, Palpatine hired bounty hunter Cad Bane to steal Force sensitive younglings so that Palpatine could train them as his own agents of the Dark Side. Sound familiar? Check it out:

Loading Video...

Watch from 11:22-12:08

I foresee an army of Force-talented spies in my service- trained in the Dark Side to peer into every corner of the galaxy from afar. And my enemies would be helpless against such vision.

In theory, Palpatine would have tried some time later during the Clone Wars only to succeed this time. Now having the children, he would train them in the ways of the Dark Side until they would graduate into Sith Inquisitors.

Some interesting titbits there. It would seem that they were initially planned as spies and intelligence, with the added purpose of tracking down leftover Jedi/force users post Order 66.

Coincides with their difference in style to the more openly combative and battle-hardened Jedi Generals, forged at the forefront from the battlefields of The Clone Wars.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: True that. Some brief training from Count Dooku or Darth Vader would make more sense.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@owie said:

I am leaning toward Pong Krell, at least until we get more feats for the Inquisitors. He's got a major strength advantage. We are also dealing with a full-fledged Jedi against 3 not-even-apprentice Sith. On the other hand, the two new Inquisitors did have a pretty solid force feat by pulling back on the shuttle whole its engines were burning in the opposite direction, thus countering a fair amount of thrust.

Well yeah, Pong Krell is definitely a Master-level Jedi. And has no qualms about restraining himself right in the midst of heavy battle. Capable of slaying multiple heavily-armed Troopers while gloating.

I'd say Kanan at his best (final fight w/ Grand Inquisitor) just reaches about middle-end Jedi Knight-level.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eisenfauste

Long dong pong

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QuinlanVos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends really, do you think the Inquisitors could compensate for Krell's raw strength?

I'm not really sure to be honest because from what we've seen so far their force abilities haven't really been elaborated on very much

As I see it, I think he should take a slim majority due to the unorthodoxy of his lightsaber style which may be something the Inquisitors had either never seen or never trained to deal with as efficiently as they would a regular saber user

An they mainly take out young force sensitives and surviving Padawans as opposed to combat experienced Masters

Krell 6/7 out of 10, possibly less

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krell.

Chubbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great fight! I picked the Inquisitors, but I really think it could go either way. I thought the Grand Inquisitor was one of the most underrated warriors in either of the TV shows (The Clone Wars and Rebels). I also think Krell is one of the most overlooked in that I believe he could've taken almost any Jedi on in a fight. I think the Inquisitors would use their numbers to their advantage and it would be too hard for Krell to block lightsaber attacks and force attacks from three different directions. Again, great fight and I think it could go either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

How is a jedi with literally no dueling feats winning against ALL THREE Inquisitors in this poll?

C'mon.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sirfizzwhizz: Kanan is greater than an average padawan. He is probably average jedi knight level is not slightly below.

Inquisitor's win seventh sister has better force feats. Grand inquisitor learns fighting styles in 11 seconds.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably pong, dueling feats or no.

I'm relatively sure the Inquisitors are below his pay grade and it's unlikely they could replicate anything he did.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

both need more exposure

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inquisitors are collectively more powerful, they should win a majority due to semi-impressive telekinetic feats.

Pong probably can kill them if he got in close, but once he gets trapped with TK he's done for.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to point out the battle takes place in the Jungles of Umbara. So there's a lot of opportunities to take the fight vertical, not to mention all the trees can provide cover from line-of-sight TK attacks.

Also, while Pong Krell may not have the force power to meet the collective force strength of the Inquisitors, his four arms does allow for a decent omnidirectional force wave - against multiple assailants (such as slamming a dozen 501st Troopers surrounding him) .

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to point out the battle takes place in the Jungles of Umbara. So there's a lot of opportunities to take the fight vertical, not to mention all the trees can provide cover from line-of-sight TK attacks.

Also, while Pong Krell may not have the force power to meet the collective force strength of the Inquisitors, his four arms does allow for a decent omnidirectional force wave - against multiple assailants (such as slamming a dozen 501st Troopers surrounding him) .

Good points.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burnface said:

The Inquisitors are collectively more powerful, they should win a majority due to semi-impressive telekinetic feats.

Pong probably can kill them if he got in close, but once he gets trapped with TK he's done for.

Pretty much this.

Saltie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krell. He can easily fight two at a time and you forget the force. Which the inquisitors r weak in unlike krell. So if he uses the force and gets rid of the strongest and fight the two weakest down until he wins.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saltie: Well if 7th Sister and 5th Brother manage to sync their force attacks they would be stronger in the Force to Krell.

Saltie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waking_dreamer: even if, he is still stronger in dueling. and that shows he would win since two inquisitors have to sync attacks to be the same level in one attack type (the force only)

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Yeah, we've already seen the duo utilize telekinetic attacks in sync. Pong hasn't shown any type of force defense to suggest he'd easily break free from a combined force grip that can stymie a ship. On top of that the Weapon choice (double bladed-saberstaves) from the Inquisitors, can at least intercept one of his blades so if he engages one in a duel he'll leave himself open to being hit by a TK attack.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inquisitors win with combined TK

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Godzilla_BK

@darkdefender: Being a Jedi Master doesn't speak to the degree of skill that would allow one to defeat three fully trained Jedi Hunters, who are themselves force sensitive. Him employing force waves against clones doesn't mean he could do so in the capacity to break force barriers, nor in the fray of engaging three different force sensitive opponents. His strength and size would be of benefit to him, but only minimally so due to the skill and number of the Inquisitors. This is a stomp in favor of the Inquisitors, easily 10/10.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Godzilla_BK

@darkdefender:

"I didn't say it did. I just said we can infer a respectable level of skill because of it."

Well yeah, it really doesn't further Pong's case much though.

"I don't see why not, he sent out these force waves whilst blocking/dodging blaster fire."

Combating the speed and skill of three Inquisitors is an altogether different matter.

"As I said earlier it's possible the teams numbers will take him down but given the setting and the tactics Krell has displayed in the past along with his size, strength and speed I feel it is reasonable that Krell could launch a surprise attack on a lone Inquisitor and get an early kill. After that I believe he could handle himself against the two that remain."

Pong has not shown any use of Force Cloaking. The Inquisitors will no doubt be searching for him through force sense, and although he could perhaps get somewhat of a surprise attack, it wouldn't be in the capacity that would allow him to dispatch one of them outright.

This isn't even accounting for the fact he has absolutely ZERO feats in lightsaber dueling.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did Pong use telekinesis?

And the Inquisitors are all very fast, with either Fifth/Seventh being capable of deflecting cannon fire from the Ghost.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Godzilla_BK

@burnface: He implemented a force push that swiped away the Clones when they first surrounded him. It was right before he jumped out the window of the tower

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Godzilla_BK
Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: based on what?

If I were to hazard a guess:

Pong Krell > 2 dozen hardened and experienced 501st Troopers.

2 dozen hardened and experienced 501st Troopers > Duel-wielding Kanan.

Duel-weilding Kanan > Grand Inquisitor.

Grand Inquisitor > 5th Brother / 7th Sister (for now).

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Godzilla_BK

@waking_dreamer: You are comparing lightsaber combat to engaging multiple blaster wielding opponents. These are two very different things, and again, he is fighting *three* Inquisitors. What he managed to pull on the clones, he will NOT be able to pull off on trained Jedi Killers. These are fully trained Inquisitors, they are not going to allow themselves to be foolishly picked off one-by-one.

And apparently Pong Krell >/ 2 dozen 501st troopers, seeing as he was completely humiliated by being outsmarted and subdued in what was an obvious trap. If you are going to assume Pong has what it takes martially to combat 3 Inquisitors with no feats, I don't think it is unreasonable for me assume they'd have a trap or strategy that would be even more deceptive than the clones', seeing as they are trained specifically for hunting Jedi.

I have no doubt Pong's unorthodox fighting style would give a *single* Inquisitor some trouble, but they would be able to defend themselves well enough that he/she would be able to call upon the other Inquisitors for help. After that, it's over relatively quickly.

Waking_Dreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Waking_Dreamer

@godzilla_bk said: @waking_dreamer: And apparently Pong Krell >/ 2 dozen 501st troopers, seeing as he was completely humiliated by being outsmarted and subdued in what was an obvious trap. If you are going to assume Pong has what it takes martially to combat 3 Inquisitors with no feats, I don't think it is unreasonable for me assume they'd have a trap or strategy that would be even more deceptive than the clones', seeing as they are trained specifically for hunting Jedi.

I have no doubt Pong's unorthodox fighting style would give a *single* Inquisitor some trouble, but they would be able to defend themselves well enough that they would be able to call upon the other Inquisitors for help. After that, it's over relatively quickly.

Just watch the clip again from 2:00, in the jungle Pong Krell easily kills 13 Troopers that were all surrounding him, in only 30 seconds (and that's after he gloats and announces where is - BEFORE he continues to attack). That's not including the 5 (on guard) Troopers he literally curb-stomps (to death) in ONE leap attack as he first engages the platoon tracking him in the jungle.

I have not see anything from Kanan / Grand Inquisitor (who have the most duelling feats) that suggest they can replicate anything close to the same. So when you say Krell would pose only "some trouble" against a *single* inquisitor...some people here would disagree. Remember - Kanan posed a GREAT DEAL of trouble to the one Inquisitor who has the MOST feats. Krell>>>Kanan.

Godzilla_BK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Godzilla_BK

@waking_dreamer:

"Just watch the clip again from 2:00, in the jungle Pong Krell easily kills 13 Troopers that were all surrounding him, in only 30 seconds (and that's after he gloats and announces where is - BEFORE he continues to attack). That's not including the 5 (on guard) Troopers he literally curb-stomps (to death) in ONE leap attack as he first engages the platoon tracking him in the jungle."

The methods you would implement both offensively and defensively against multiple blaster opponents are largely different from the methods you would use in a lightsaber duel. Many of the different lightsaber form's strengths and weaknesses support that fact. That's not even mentioning the fact that it's extremely more difficult for non-force sensitives to react and counter the speed of those who are force sensitive, so it comes to no surprise to me Krell was able to overwhelm the clones.

Kanan has also shown himself capable of deflecting blasters from multiple opponents at once in his comic series. Although admittedly, not to the degree Pong has. But again, these are two different types of skills. They speak to *some* capability as a duelist, but not much when there is literally no feats in dueling to support it.

"I have not see anything from Kanan / Grand Inquisitor (who have the most duelling feats) that suggest they can replicate anything close to the same. So when you say Krell would pose only "some trouble" against a lone inquisitor...some people here would disagree."

The Inquisitors don't have to show equal skill in blaster deflection; it is blaster deflection, not lightsaber combat. And they all have shown skill in deflection enough for it not to be of any penalty to their dueling skill, as little as it would even be.

"Remember - Kanan posed a GREAT DEAL of trouble to the one Inquisitor who has the MOST feats."

I see that as a good show of Kanan, not necessarily a bad showing of the Inquisitor. The Inquisitor had bested Kanan and Ezra both on numerous occasions before his defeat. Even then Kanan only bested him after what appeared to be force valor / enhanced focus, which imo is a good showing on Kanan's part, and arguably some WIS lol, but I'll accept it for what it is and not resort to that.

Also I think it is being neglected that the Inquisitors are also rather unorthodox fighters as well, as their rotational sabers are completely unheard of until now. Pong Krell will be equally thrown off, and there are THREE of them. So he has shown no skill in any sort of dueling, let alone being able to defend against a weapon that hasn't existed until Rebels.

I don't dislike Krell like it may seem, but there is nothing to support he would have any drop of a chance of winning this.