The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Pania says:

"After he had burned out his ability trying to hold the planetary EM field together while battling off Joseph (and younger, stronger version of himself) and the X-Men, yeah he needed her and Cortez. But in the final issue of Dark Seduction his nervous system was "reset" from his genetic structure and he just took the EM energy away from her like that *snap*."

Which could be attributed to the advancement of a reborn (in a sense)Magneto. But I agree for the most part. Magneto is one of thee most powerful characters in the Marvel U. Just trying to make it interesting. Threads where everyone comes in and says "so an so wins" and people follow suit are boring.
Post Edited:2008-02-16 17:59:32

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Gambler says:

"Pania says:
"After he had burned out his ability trying to hold the planetary EM field together while battling off Joseph (and younger, stronger version of himself) and the X-Men, yeah he needed her and Cortez. But in the final issue of Dark Seduction his nervous system was "reset" from his genetic structure and he just took the EM energy away from her like that *snap*."
Which could be attributed to the advancement of a reborn (in a sense)Magneto. But I agree for the most part. Magneto is one of thee most powerful characters in the Marvel U. Just trying to make it interesting. Threads where everyone comes in and says "so an so wins" and people follow suit are boring.
Post Edited:2008-02-16 17:59:32"
I fully agree.
Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zoom

Come on, Gambler.

Chuck Austen scans? ;-)

Btw, when was Darwin a confirmed Omega? I mean he's damn near impossible to kill but he really doesn't have all that much power.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By King_Saturn

I think Polaris would win. But its kinda pointless to even post when Gambler lays out scans and $hit in her favor. LOL

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Nerx

Why would magneto hurt his own daughter?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Korg
Nerx said:
"Why would magneto hurt his own daughter?"
Guess you didn't read House of M? Look what he did to Pietro. He was going to let the Avengers kill Wanda. He's fought Polaris before. He and his children are often at odds.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By King_Saturn
Nerx said:
"Why would magneto hurt his own daughter?"
Who Knows ?

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By jmc247

Its been said many times over the years that Polaris has the same genetic power potental as Magneto and at times they even stated that her genetic power potental may surpass Magneto. That said the closest the two have ever been with their x-genes in terms of power levels was during Austen's run where her power levels were around those of early 1990s Magneto.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/xfactor_v1_123_12_rougher.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/new11-1.jpg

Lets say when they both get their x-genes back they are transacting at about the same power levels. Then it will come down to experience. While Lorna experience and even knows many of Magneto's tricks we are talking about the difference between a very experienced 4th year D1 wrestler and a somewhat experienced D3 wrestler. I have seen matches were a very experienced falls to a less experienced wrestler of about equal strength, but the good money is usually on the person with the most experience, the same is the case here.

However, currently they are both tech powered and if Magneto's fight in Uncanny 500 and Lorna's time in space is any indication then Lorna actually is about a level above Magneto right now power wise. Regardless of what he said in Uncanny 500 about his suit he was powered at about mid 1980s levels for that fight and Lorna for the Shi'ar arc has been about at Austen power levels. In a fight between Lorna and Magneto today I believe the match would be fairly close because Lorna's tech seems to have the power advantage on Magneto's tech. That isn't to say some tricks couldn't pull things out for him. But, his suit's power levels in Uncanny 500 and the lack of experience he has had in using it would give Lorna advantages she wouldn't have if they both just had their x-genes.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59  Edited By Erik

He said using the suit was just like using his own and it was easier than using his own powers.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"He said using the suit was just like using his own and it was easier than using his own powers."

What Bru had him say about his power levels and what he actually showed regarding his power levels were two very different things. Uncanny 500 was a very very low powered fight for Magneto, closer to mid 1980s power levels when he was running the New Mutants then at any other time I can think of in recient memory. A writer can have Magneto say he feels stronger then God, but if he doesn't actually show that it doesn't mean much.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Erik

Just because he didn't use his power to their fullest doesn't mean anything. He was just testing out the suit.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"Just because he didn't use his power to their fullest doesn't mean anything. He was just testing out the suit."

If that 'test' was any indication the suit certainly doesn't make him more powerful then ever as Bru had him say. Before HoM he was warping space time and playing with the basic forces of the universe. Here he couldn't even create a stable shield thoughout the battle that could protect against the likes of Sam hitting him from the back. I don't know if Bru intended for him to appear more powerful then ever in the battle, but the battle seemed to be one of the lowest powered battles Magneto has had with the X-Men since the Silver Age.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Erik

Who cares about that? Magneto gave more of an indication of what the suit can do than what was actually shown. Take what Magento has done throughout history and plus one. That is the Magneto we have today.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"Who cares about that? Magneto gave more of an indication of what the suit can do than what was actually shown. Take what Magento has done throughout history and plus one. That is the Magneto we have today."

Until we see Magneto warping space time with ease and battling foes using a much much higher power level with much greater tricks then we saw in Uncanny 500 there is no way I am saying given with what we have seen so far that Magneto with a suit is more powerful then pre-HoM Magneto with his x-gene.

As far we know he was just trying to thank the High Evolutionary for making the suit, by telling him it made him feel more powerful then ever.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Erik

No. He said it made him feel like a sellout. Besides, do you think the High Evolutionary cares about "thanks"? Your argument is ridiculous. If he had gotten his x-gene back, you probably would have made an argument that he didn't get the same power back just because he didn't display as much.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"No. He said it made him feel like a sellout. Besides, do you think the High Evolutionary cares about "thanks"? Your argument is ridiculous. If he had gotten his x-gene back, you probably would have made an argument that he didn't get the same power back just because he didn't display as much."

If he gotten his x-gene back he would have the potental for limitless power like the Phoenix. Do I buy the notion that his suit that will be gone within 2 yearst created by a villian of the week can provide him limitless power potental like his X-gene?

Hell no.

Take a good look below at what Magneto's power potental should be with his x-gene and tell me if you really believe his temporary deus ex machina gives him this kind of power potental.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/magsphoenix-2.jpg
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Erik

You obviously know absolutely nothing about Magneto or the Phoenix if you can honestly say he has limitless power or even that he is on par with the Phoenix. That scan doesn't say that at all.

Magneto also has limits to his power that he himself put forth to keep from killing himself. This was shown when Joseph (who had no such limits set forth) died while repairing the damage done to Earth's magnetic field. 
jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"You obviously know absolutely nothing about Magneto or the Phoenix if you can honestly say he has limitless power or even that he is on par with the Phoenix. That scan doesn't say that at all.

You don't understand at all what Xavier was saying so here I will have Dark Beast simplify it for you.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/Excaliburv3112005page07.jpg

Totally controlling electromagnetism would mean you can minipulate the underlying forces in the universe which would allow you to basically do anything. Warping space time, making black holes, etc would be just scratching the surface for a being that could totally control Magnetism. The Unified field theory states that all the four basic forces that make up the universe are interconnected so to control one would allow one to control them all. Electromagnetism at the sub atomic level connects all energy and matter in the universe.

Now Magneto has never totally controlled electromagnetism, but his x-gene offers him that ability.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Erik

His x-gene did no such thing. That would put him at omega status. He is not. It is extremely funny how fanboys never have all the facts straight. Magneto does not have limitless power. If he exceeds a certain threshold, he WILL die from it. He would have been confirmed as an omega by now if he was ever going to be.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"His x-gene did no such thing. That would put him at omega status. He is not. It is extremely funny how fanboys never have all the facts straight. Magneto does not have limitless power. If he exceeds a certain threshold, he WILL die from it. He would have been confirmed as an omega by now if he was ever going to be."

hahahahahahahah

Wanda has never been declared in any Marvel comic book an omega level mutant regardless of her being able to alter all reality in our universe and countless other universes.

You focus on stupid terms comic book writers use to hype certain characters like 'omega level mutant' instead of reading up on what is actually important and that is the actual physics of what electromagnetism is and why is so important in the universe. All energy and matter in the universe are interconnected at the sub-atomic level through electromagnetism.

Claremont understood the physics of electromagnetism and why it is importance in the universe. Its why in X-Men the End he showed Magneto able to turn himself and Lorna into pure sentient coherent energy while maintaining a wormhole across the universe.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/Polaristheend.jpg

Bru said in Deadly Genesis that Vulcan was 'beyond a Omega level mutant'  yet he never showed the abilitiy to alter all matter and energy as Magneto did pre M-Day or that he did in the picture above. And, if it came to a fight Magneto would wipe the floor with him, because it is skill at minipulating the basic forces in the universe that really matters.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Erik

Your posts aren't even worth reading. I don't know why I even acknowledged you in the first place. I am mad at myself for doing so. 

Wanda isn't Omega level. If she ever was going to be as much, they would have confirmed her as one by now as well.
Just so you know, X-Men the end isn't canon. Half the characters in it aren't even alive anymore. 

There is no "beyond omega level mutant". That was writer error. Believe it or not, it does happen. Omega means unlimited potential. Vulcan is an Omega level mutant, Magneto is not. That doesn't mean Magneto would lose though. Extremely powerful mutants that are not Omega have beaten Omegas before. 

Your comment on Claremont makes no sense by the way. Claremont has a comic books understanding about physics, not real life. 
jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jmc247
erik said:
"Your posts aren't even worth reading. I don't know why I even acknowledged you in the first place. I am mad at myself for doing so. 
Wanda isn't Omega level. If she ever was going to be as much, they would have confirmed her as one by now as well.
Just so you know, X-Men the end isn't canon. Half the characters in it aren't even alive anymore. 

There is no "beyond omega level mutant". That was writer error. Believe it or not, it does happen. Omega means unlimited potential. Vulcan is an Omega level mutant, Magneto is not. That doesn't mean Magneto would lose though. Extremely powerful mutants that are not Omega have beaten Omegas before. 

Your comment on Claremont makes no sense by the way. Claremont has a comic books understanding about physics, not real life. 
"

Of course I know there is no 'beyond omega level'. I brought that up to show how much the term is stupid and used by writers simply to hype certain characters.

And, If Wanda isn't an 'Omega level' mutant inspite of her being able to depower mutantkind across countless worlds, dimensions, and realities then the term is a complete joke.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/new-11.jpg

Oh, and I agree with you that this discussion is worthless and I don't plan on continuing it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Erik

She obviously has limits because she missed a lot of mutants.

LegendaryKYJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LegendaryKYJ
Gambler said:
"

I think Magneto can and most likely would win also. I simply wanted to engage in an entertaining debate/discussion. Thanks

"

Yeah Gambler, I noted that you said in the beginning Mags would win... The convo looked like it was going to get real sour, lol. Good points on both sides though.
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kaino12

i think magneto can win cus the expireance and smarts. mags can out think her any day of the week. and add to that he consistantly survives...stuff! he always just comes around when they need a cool bad guy.

phoenixphreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By phoenixphreek
Korg said:
"

Magneto. He has decades more experience using his powers, and is more powerful to begin with.

"
yep. plus mags is more ruthless than she is
kaino12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kaino12

the only advantage polarace has is that proffessor x likes her then he psi blasts mags when mags enevitably beats her seansless with a car, and then creats another onslaught cus x got angery.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jmc247
phoenixphreek said:
"Korg said:
"

Magneto. He has decades more experience using his powers, and is more powerful to begin with.

"
yep. plus mags is more ruthless than she is"

It looks to me like she can be every bit as ruthless as he is.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/10.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/polaris.jpg

The problem is in this fight neither side would be trying to strike potentally life threatening blows and that would benefit Magneto in the fight, because Lorna's best shot at winning would be distracting and killing him before he can recover.
Lance Bastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lance Bastro
Gambler said:
"

Polaris can beat Magneto. Experience is overrated. Not saying it wouldn't be a factor, just not the deciding one. I'll take Polaris in this one.

"
True, Poloris can win, but Magneto just needs to slip up.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jmc247
Lance Bastro said:
"Gambler said:
"

Polaris can beat Magneto. Experience is overrated. Not saying it wouldn't be a factor, just not the deciding one. I'll take Polaris in this one.

"
True, Poloris can win, but Magneto just needs to slip up.

"

Experienced fighters don't slip up that often, but it can happen. Getting distracted is often a wrestler's biggest enemy.
Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By Pania

They can slip up, but it usually takes a fighter of comparable skill to exploit it.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sandiego008

I'm going with polaris for reasons because magneto is older. Yes he gets more experience, but polaris has enough under her belt to be on comparable levels. However, I think her age and younger stronger body ... and mind (yea corny I know) can take more punishment and might be able to think outside the box and find a way to beat magneto. It could go either way but I am giving it to the young stallion over the old mare.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Polaris, but Magneto would kill her in a face-to-face encounter. Polaris can beat Magneto, but Magneto has a higher degree of likelihood of doing it more often. It's not a stomp, but she would be slapped down more often than not when trying to engage in a battle of wills over controlling magnetism.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Magneto for the win. He has far more powerful showings, has a stronger will, and more skill and experience.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bright_Blade

Magneto is old as crap. He'll die of a heart attack mid-battle. Polaris kills him, if time doesn't do it first.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#87  Edited By Saren

@Bright_Blade said:

Magneto is old as crap. He'll die of a heart attack mid-battle. Polaris kills him, if time doesn't do it first.

He's only old chronologically. His aging process was rewinded and his body is younger than his age.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bright_Blade

@CitizenBane: Oh yeah. That happened around the time he got his powers back right?

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#89  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Magneto for the win. He has far more powerful showings, has a stronger will, and more skill and experience.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CitizenBane said:

@Bright_Blade said:

He's only old chronologically. His aging process was rewinded and his body is younger than his age.

Same with Professor X IIRC.

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#91  Edited By Lance Uppercut

@Bright_Blade said:

Doubtful. Not only does he show higher end feats, he's more skilled than she could hope to be.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#92  Edited By HolySerpent

Magneto wins Polaris is overrated

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Noctum

I'm surprise you're on Magneto's side on this one when you usually portrait him like $h!t when it comes to Storm. I'm glad you learned something different 3 years and 11 months ago lol.

@Bright_Blade said:

Doubtful. Not only does he show higher end feats, he's more skilled than she could hope to be.

Polaris is very well skilled and she has the upper hand when using her electromagnetic. Magneto thought her few things of his own and how easily she seems to manage.

Magneto wins Polaris is overrated

I'm sorry... what? I think you mean the other way around. And the overrated is USUALLY Storm if you mind accepting the truth (go ahead and deny it people usually do when it's about the African Queen).

Let me remind you something people. When Polaris was in deep space, when she was a Starjammers, she was the most powerful of the team that not even Rachel who is so called a 'omega level' couldn't even level her powers with those of Polaris. Magneto and Polaris both are extremely powerful... not overrated (like Storm) and has shown many different feats and both had tragically survived the worst. Polaris has the potential to beat her own father, but she wouldn't because she does not have the heart like her father. Most of her time, when she's fighting with a villain, she usually hold herself back and never go deeper into tapping her potential, but her potential it's clearly there. Just like her father. So......Polaris can beat her own father if she want to :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noctum: Lol Noctum, you have reached a whole new level of totally pressed...

No Caption Provided

Congratulations! We're glad we could be of service :-).

We'll just ignore the fact that not only would Magneto whoop Lorna's a$$, Storm has already defeated her, and Rachel Grey would beat her a$$ too :-).

Cheers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

shihan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice battle..thanks

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Noctum

@thunderbolt30 said:

@noctum: Lol Noctum, you have reached a whole new level of totally pressed...

No Caption Provided

Congratulations! We're glad we could be of service :-).

We'll just ignore the fact that not only would Magneto whoop Lorna's a$$, Storm has already defeated her, and Rachel Grey would beat her a$$ too :-).

Cheers

No Caption Provided

In your dream girlfriend. Rachel never beat her @$$ (it was never shown and while in space, Polaris was the one protecting them all every where), Storm never beat Her @$$ and if you talking about that old moment where she only hit her once while she was busy and attacked her from the back... it does not count. Also, don't think the moment Storm only grabbed Malice (not Polaris because she was possessed and that was not really Polaris so don't even go there with your dirty fantasy dream) behind does not count either. There were no fair fight here. Let me remind you that Polaris is not Magneto and she's much younger and I'm sure she can kick storm @$$ as well. In X-Men Forever 2, Polaris handle Storm nicely and almost kill her. Does not matter what you "ya" say because we already know that no matter who Storm battle, the African Queen always win LMFAO. Funny because she lose many battle and that's including with Magneto. Storm will never be Omega Level and she's not a god. Storm will never be one and she will never beat Magneto or Polaris so try to stay with the op because right now.... you're making fool of yourself. This is Magneto vs Polaris and you're trying to turn it into Storm vs Polaris? You fools never learn. Storm will never win every battle so wake up and smell the coffee TROLLLLS.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto

Chungus5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers