• 52 results
TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TehStranger

Poison Ivy is a pretty popular and powerful female character, (Unfortunately she doesn't really get a whole lot of attention on this site) and for some reason I've decided to make this thread.

For all round Ivy gets access to her poisons, toxins, pheromones, and plant manipulation. Also she's fully healed after each round.

Pre-52 versions for all DC characters listed

These rounds take place in downtown Gotham City (Characters start 100 meters apart)

1. Nightwing

2. Daredevil

3. Taskmaster

4. Punisher

5. Bane (on venom)

6. Black Cannery

7. Deadpool (has his healing factor but isn't "immortal")

8. Captain America

9. Black Panther (Not king of the dead version)

10. Wolverine

These round take place in a less populated place of Gotham city with more plantlife (Characters start 175 meters apart)

11. Prometheus

12. Luke Cage

13. Azrael

14. Gambit

15. Clayface

These round take place in a jungle (Characters start 250 meters apart)

16. Cheetah

17. Midnighter (only has his staff and battle computer, no doors, pocket nukes or anything else)

18. Dr. Doom

19. Groot

20. Swamp Thing

I'm aware that some characters may be out of order, if you want you can say which characters to move to make it in order.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

Stops at Clayface

If she doesn't suffer from CIS she'll stop at cheetah

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Clayface

If she doesn't suffer from CIS she'll stop at cheetah

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at deadpool,wolverine,clay face,gambit,doom,cheetah,groot,swamp thing ,azreal but beats the rest

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By comic_book_fan

stops at wolverine

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 15

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy is a glass cannon, stops at 1.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TehStranger

@pr0metheus: What do you mean by suffer from CIS? (and I don't mean what CIS means because I know what it stands for) Can you give examples of Ivy suffering from CIS?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Clayface

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Makes it to Clayface & stops.

LOlwut.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What he said.

Nightwing is more than enough to handle Poison Ivy.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pastepotpete1

@tehstranger: you put her against a lot of guys that could take place her pretty easily I haven't read many comics with poison ivy n bat man but she's little more powerful than the movie version I think task master has more than enough tools to take her out if she gets to 3. 2nd rd I i can see her clearing it in the 3rd round ( the jungle) maybe dr doom takes her if not she clears groot may be a problem

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 15 or 16.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 3 or 6

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Ivy at her most powerful (I think this would be her circa Sirens, where she just makes up new powers as she goes along and has building-sized vines) should clear up to 16. Cheetah's just outta Red's league, too fast, too durable, too powerful.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister said:

What he said.

Nightwing is more than enough to handle Poison Ivy.

No Caption Provided

Ohohohohohoh - gosh.

Even Batman knows you're wrong on this one, bub.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even Batman knows you're wrong on this one, bub.

Poison Ivy at her most powerful still gets knocked out by simple fire attacks because she can't tolerate man-made attacks on mother nature.

Batman is capable of taking out Poison Ivy casually, Nightwing shouldn't have too much of a problem IMO.

All Nightwing has to do is to poison any of her weapons/babies and hold them hostage and she would surrender and no longer fight.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Look - I've seen several of your posts & threads and I know you're generally bias towards the "Batman & Pals can do anything with prep" vote, but Nightwing isn't going to be beating Ivy.

First off - did you read the rules?

For all round Ivy gets access to her poisons, toxins, pheromones, and plant manipulation. Also she's fully healed after each round.

Ivy has plants that were fully capable of bringing down entire buildings - she isn't a force to be reckoned with.

Her pheromones were powerful enough that they worked on Superman & put him under her control:

No Caption Provided

One pissed off Ivy against a simple street leveler with some above average combat skills is a landslide victory for her - she'd be able to manipulate that boy with her pheromones before he could close the distance between them.

Ivy easily dominated Black Canary + Catwoman at the same time w/her skills - and Black Canary is better than Nightwing in my books.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: What's stopping Nightwing from sabotaging all her weapons? None of the weapons are actual sentient life.

And no, Nightwing isn't going to fall for her pheromones trick. She may have H2H combat, but still, Nightwing is better at this since he's trained by Batman, the top dog in this area.

If Poison Ivy is that powerful, Batman wouldn't have defeated her so many times already.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete: Yes,I am aware that comic Ivy is more powerful than her Uma Thurman version.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dextersinister

@thetruebarryallen: It doesn't matter that her vines can knock down buildings, buildings don't dodge, Catwoman effortlessly dodged them and one shots Poison Ivy and she was standing in a park at the time so had terrain advantage.

Why do people always post that out of context scan when Superman was under the influence of Kryptonite, she couldn't control him otherwise.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivy gets too Cheata and then loses

Avatar image for deactived-1352151
deactived-1352151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PI stops at 16, cheetah stomps her and she's in the jungle so it's a home land advantage

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: What's stopping Nightwing from sabotaging all her weapons? None of the weapons are actual sentient life.

And no, Nightwing isn't going to fall for her pheromones trick. She may have H2H combat, but still, Nightwing is better at this since he's trained by Batman, the top dog in this area.

If Poison Ivy is that powerful, Batman wouldn't have defeated her so many times already.

Wait... what?

All of Ivy's weapons are sentient life - they're plants.

How is Nightwing going to sabotage her "weapons" from the get go - he doesn't get any prep and I don't believe he carries anything on him to "sabotage plants".

Also - how is he going to "not fall for her pheromones trick" - they're chemicals that'll effect him, not some sort of "trick".

She was easily able to use them on the cab driver to then tell him exactly where she wanted to go & he did it - then she used it on two guards within S.T.A.R. Labs.

As for Nightwing being 'trained by Batman' it doesn't matter when Ivy has easily punked foes on par or on the same level as Nightwing:

She beatdown Catwoman & Harley Quinn [ who is physically enhanced sort of like a super soldier ] pretty handily. This also shows that flames won't deter Ivy nearly as much as you think - she'll just summon more plant life.

Also - it's important to note that her Phermones worked on Harley Quinn - who is highly resistant/immune to most toxins & chemicals.

Poison Ivy is a character who suffers from CIS - someone with her abilities should not fall prey to Batman nearly as much as she does, but we're not talking about Batman - we're talking about Nightwing.

Nightwing is NOT Bruce - he doesn't have the same skills AS Bruce - and his feats don't match up w/Bruce's.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WenjunChew

@thetruebarryallen said:

Wait... what?

How is Nightwing going to sabotage her "weapons" from the get go - he doesn't get any prep and I don't believe he carries anything on him to "sabotage plants".

Also - how is he going to "not fall for her pheromones trick" - they're chemicals that'll effect him, not some sort of "trick".

She was easily able to use them on the cab driver to then tell him exactly where she wanted to go & he did it - then she used it on two guards within S.T.A.R. Labs.

As for Nightwing being 'trained by Batman' it doesn't matter when Ivy has easily punked foes on par or on the same level as Nightwing:

She beatdown Catwoman & Harley Quinn [ who is physically enhanced sort of like a super soldier ] pretty handily. This also shows that flames won't deter Ivy nearly as much as you think - she'll just summon more plant life.

Also - it's important to note that her Phermones worked on Harley Quinn - who is highly resistant/immune to most toxins & chemicals.

Poison Ivy is a character who suffers from CIS - someone with her abilities should not fall prey to Batman nearly as much as she does, but we're not talking about Batman - we're talking about Nightwing.

Nightwing is NOT Bruce - he doesn't have the same skills AS Bruce - and his feats don't match up w/Bruce's.

I'd assume Batman would have taught Nightwing about Poison Ivy's modus operandi, take all the necessary precautions, and immunity against her pheromones are one of them - Batman long possessed the immunity. It doesn't take much prep-time. Batman only has a few hours each night prowling to keep Gotham safe. He can't be spending days to prep against the likes of Poison Ivy, which are regular rogues gallery.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cream_God

15 or 16

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Wait... what?

I'd assume Batman would have taught Nightwing about Poison Ivy's modus operandi, take all the necessary precautions, and immunity against her pheromones are one of them - Batman long possessed the immunity. It doesn't take much prep-time. Batman only has a few hours each night prowling to keep Gotham safe. He can't be spending days to prep against the likes of Poison Ivy, which are regular rogues gallery.

Ivy can shift her body chemistry & generate new toxins - it's not the same chemical makeup every single time.

She was able to change her chemical makeup here - generate a new type of toxin - and kill her foe via a kiss that turned him into goop.

Anyways - I've already shown you exactly WHY she doesn't have to rely on her pheromones as her physicals and combat skill are high enough to make a fool out of Nightwing.

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Look - I've seen several of your posts & threads and I know you're generally bias towards the "Batman & Pals can do anything with prep" vote, but Nightwing isn't going to be beating Ivy.

First off - did you read the rules?

Ivy has plants that were fully capable of bringing down entire buildings - she isn't a force to be reckoned with.

Her pheromones were powerful enough that they worked on Superman & put him under her control:

No Caption Provided

One pissed off Ivy against a simple street leveler with some above average combat skills is a landslide victory for her - she'd be able to manipulate that boy with her pheromones before he could close the distance between them.

Ivy easily dominated Black Canary + Catwoman at the same time w/her skills - and Black Canary is better than Nightwing in my books.

Not trying to take a side, but Ivy's pheromones only worked on Superman because he was also under the influence of Kryptonite, and even then he was able to break out of her manipulation once Lois Lane was in danger.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehstranger: Yeah - Dex corrected me on that earlier.

I posted more scans of her pheromones working on others later on - the main point is that Nightwing isn't going to be able to put Ivy down nor does he stand a chance against her.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@thetruebarryallen said:

I posted more scans of her pheromones working on others later on - the main point is that Nightwing isn't going to be able to put Ivy down nor does he stand a chance against her.

Ivy also doesn't even need to touch/kiss people to use her pheremones. (Like most people think) She was able to flood the entirety of Arkham with them.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen said:

Ivy also doesn't even need to touch/kiss people to use her pheremones. (Like most people think) She was able to flood the entirety of Arkham with them.

Yeah - I've seen her use them in a gaseous form before + I believe I've seen scans of her using them via her plants from long distances.

Ivy is a champ & she's pretty UU here on CV.

cena98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Stops at Taskmaster.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By D3MON
TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TehStranger

@thetruebarryallen: We should try to get Ivy more used on this site and make her a top tier character, lol

@buffalo Nice toupee Heavy

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehstranger: I'm currently using her in the PYP Mission Tournament hosted by @lukehero - we're waiting on a battle before beginning the final rounds but if you'd like me to tag you for voting I can :)

Maybe I can do her some justice.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen scans of poison Ivy defeating clay face before (admittedly haven't read the story in question so take this info how you may)....I could see her stopping at taskmaster in character. I think his speed and agility showings are impressive enough to evade long enough to get a head shot. And out of character poison Ivy stops at cheetah.

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Cheetah. I've seen her control Clayface.

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at dead pool.

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could stop at clay face, but if she gets lucky, then she definitely stops at Cheetah

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Cheetah.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Stops at Cheetah.

Yep.

Match 20 ends in sex, though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ComicStooge

@comicstooge: Ecosystem friendly sex at that!

Deadpool and Wolverine will make good self-healing compost for her plants.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TehStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of surprised at how many people are saying she'll stop at Cheetah, not because I think she can beat her, but because when I was making this thread I found another thread with Ivy running a gauntlet and Cheetah was the last one, and people were saying Ivy cleared with ease. Did something change in that time or something?

Here's the thread for anyone interested

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/poison-ivy-runs-the-gauntlet-633063/