Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Is this a joke? Mongy Jr? Really.....Plutonian stomps, maybe if it was PC mongul sr but even then, really.....

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ShadowKing
@Ancient_0f_Days: This is PC Mongul. It may not say it in my OP but it is. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By slimj87d

Plutonian can go FTL instantly. He could fly at Mongul and punch him like Flash doing an IMP.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@ShadowKing said:

I'm not even sure then.....Probably Mongul since the Plutonian hasn't faced someone with such physical power before.

ShadowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowKing
@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShadowKing said:

I'm not even sure then.....Probably Mongul since the Plutonian hasn't faced someone with such physical power before.

I see. Then, we have a debate. I really hate spite threads. 
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slimj87d

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShadowKing said:

I know nothing of PC Mongul. But If you can show PC Mongul can take a punch 1000s of times stronger than Flashes light speed punch and show him perform multiple strikes that equal the energy of a star then maybe PC Mongul has a chance.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AngryHulks

@SlimJ87D said:

Plutonian can go FTL instantly. He could fly at Mongul and punch him like Flash doing an IMP.

His punching power is based on psionic, not speed.

And IMP can only be performed at light speed or slightly less.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@SlimJ87D said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShadowKing said:

I know nothing of PC Mongul. But If you can show PC Mongul can take a punch 1000s of times stronger than Flashes light speed punch and show him perform multiple strikes that equal the energy of a star then maybe PC Mongul has a chance.

Well, you know PC Superman, solar system mover and destroyer, reality breaker, Mongul took every single thing he threw at him, laughed and put Supes on his ass like a boss.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And here he is making a fool out of a group of heroes. I can't find the scans of him making a fool out of the Legion, otherwise I'd show them too.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slimj87d

@AngryHulks: So you mean when he flew at FTL and destroyed a satellite that had nothing to do with his speed? So if he flew at you at FTL and smacked you then what? Nothing would happen?

@ShadowKing said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@ShadowKing said:

I see. Then, we have a debate. I really hate spite threads.

Probably not, no offense, but anything SA is usually not worth debating.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimj87d

@Ancient_0f_Days: Yeah. Honestly if I knew this was SA, I would have just avoided the topic.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@SlimJ87D said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Yeah. Honestly if I knew this was SA, I would have just avoided the topic.

lol, I understand that completely.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimj87d

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I'm telling you man, if you haven't read the Berserk manga (which is online also) I highly recommend it, at least if you want, skip to the parts witht he trolls lol..

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Trolls

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngryHulks

@SlimJ87D said:

@AngryHulks: So you mean when he flew at FTL and destroyed a satellite that had nothing to do with his speed? So if he flew at you at FTL and smacked you then what? Nothing would happen?

I debated with some other experienced member and it's hinted that satellites feat is probably not a combat speed. Also, if you mean IMP punches, it can only be perform at light speed. If it faster-than-light, then we bring up a new name because we don't know the effect of taking something beyond light speed.

But Modeus stated that he manipulate his opponent's density and deliver a punch or something like that (doesn't remember), his power is not entirely physical strength.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@SlimJ87D said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I'm telling you man, if you haven't read the Berserk manga (which is online also) I highly recommend it, at least if you want, skip to the parts witht he trolls lol..

http://berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Trolls

I've seen some of the Anime, but not the manga, but I haven't had the time really, between cooking for the superbowl and debating, today and yesterday haven't been very open for me lol. I got you tryin to get me to read Berzerk, i got floopay tryin to get me to watch Darker Than Black.... I ain't got no free time lol

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

@AngryHulks said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I debated with some other experienced member and it's hinted that satellites feat is probably not a combat speed. Also, if you mean IMP punches, it can only be perform at light speed. If it faster-than-light, then we bring up a new name because we don't know the effect of taking something beyond light speed.

But Modeus stated that he manipulate his opponent's density and deliver a punch or something like that (doesn't remember), his power is not entirely physical strength.

I don't know who that "experienced" debater is but you're not talking to him right now. He willingly chose to fly FTL at the satellite and destroyed it showing that he can make full contact with an object and hit it.

When Flash explained the IMP, he never said it was a punch at light speed the part he was talking about with approaching light speed was relativity which is time displacement, he just said it was a fast punch due to mass increasing the faster he went, hence the name infinite mass punch.

Plutonian also has natural durability on top of his reality manipulation or matter manipulation powers whatever you want to consider them as his brain was shut down and he was able to walk around a gravity well that turned everything into slush even a aliens that was strong enough to rip a planet in 2. So that shows natrualy without the aid of his powers he's strong enough to walk in extreme gravity and durable enough to withstand it's crushing power.

The Aliens that restrained him had to use a magical like device that could copy any material to restrain him. They knew of only one thing that could restrain him, and that was Plutonian's own skin because it was the strongest material they had come across. That shows that it's not his "psionics" that created this skin of his, it's organically strong.

Plutonian is ALIEN in nature, he is not a human that is granted these powers, you are thinking that he is just a human with powerful psionics and matter manipulating abilities. He has natural alien like properties that already make him strong and durable. His powers only make his alien like abilities even stronger.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By slimj87d

@Ancient_0f_Days: Lol, okay. Well I'm getting to read Berserk, hopefully he can. If he says it's awesome then hopefully that convinces you too.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@SlimJ87D said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Lol, okay. Well I'm getting to read Berserk, hopefully he can. If he says it's awesome then hopefully that convinces you too.

I'm sure it's awesome.....but......

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AngryHulks

@SlimJ87D said:

@AngryHulks said:

@SlimJ87D said:

I don't know who that "experienced" debater is but you're not talking to him right now. He willingly chose to fly FTL at the satellite and destroyed it showing that he can make full contact with an object and hit it.

When Flash explained the IMP, he never said it was a punch at light speed the part he was talking about with approaching light speed was relativity which is time displacement, he just said it was a fast punch due to mass increasing the faster he went, hence the name infinite mass punch.

Plutonian also has natural durability on top of his reality manipulation or matter manipulation powers whatever you want to consider them as his brain was shut down and he was able to walk around a gravity well that turned everything into slush even a aliens that was strong enough to rip a planet in 2. So that shows natrualy without the aid of his powers he's strong enough to walk in extreme gravity and durable enough to withstand it's crushing power.

The Aliens that restrained him had to use a magical like device that could copy any material to restrain him. They knew of only one thing that could restrain him, and that was Plutonian's own skin because it was the strongest material they had come across. That shows that it's not his "psionics" that created this skin of his, it's organically strong.

Plutonian is ALIEN in nature, he is not a human that is granted these powers, you are thinking that he is just a human with powerful psionics and matter manipulating abilities. He has natural alien like properties that already make him strong and durable. His powers only make his alien like abilities even stronger.

I'm Plutonian fan and I know he's not human. What makes you think I assume he's a human with psionic power?

Also Flash didn't said he went faster than the light by the time he delivers a punch onto Zum's face, but considering that physicists are still inconclusive about the effect the object have when accelerate it beyond light speed (in fact, most deem this phenomenon impossible), I don't think Flash delivers his punch beyond light speed. Of course, Flash can go faster than the light, but when he does IMP, he deliver it at light speed or just under because that obey the relativity. And I don't think DC writers has any clue about effect of the object moving faster-than-light, so that's open to their imagination.

I didn't say he's physically weak, but I say that many of his "physical" powers are not entirely physical. And he's not just normal alien, he's like part of Celestial-type beings.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slimj87d

@AngryHulks:

Regardless of what you want to argue about a punch moving faster than light or not, we are talking about this statement here. Lets not go into Plutonian or what he's made of. It is your statement we are discussing here:

@AngryHulks said:

@SlimJ87D said:

You said that his punching power is based on psionics which I proved that he has natural strength, durability and speed as he can think at rapid speeds (he read a whole library overnight from memory, and he has existed where everyone is like a statue). I followed up with him flying straight into a satellite at faster than light speeds as well. So no, when he struck the satellite it was not just based on psionics, he flew through at at super speed. He also went super speed killing a bunch of aliens too.

Then your statement followed up with an IMP can only be performed at light speed or slightly less insinuating that Plutonian couldn't do a similar feat. But if he can fly at light speeds instantly, not like Superman who has to charge up to those speeds, what is stopping him from just flying at light speeds at someone and punching them?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngryHulks

@SlimJ87D said:

@AngryHulks:

Regardless of what you want to argue about a punch moving faster than light or not, we are talking about this statement here. Lets not go into Plutonian or what he's made of. It is your statement we are discussing here:

@AngryHulks said:

@SlimJ87D said:

You said that his punching power is based on psionics which I proved that he has natural strength, durability and speed as he can think at rapid speeds (he read a whole library overnight from memory, and he has existed where everyone is like a statue). I followed up with him flying straight into a satellite at faster than light speeds as well. So no, when he struck the satellite it was not just based on psionics, he flew through at at super speed. He also went super speed killing a bunch of aliens too.

Then your statement followed up with an IMP can only be performed at light speed or slightly less insinuating that Plutonian couldn't do a similar feat. But if he can fly at light speeds instantly, not like Superman who has to charge up to those speeds, what is stopping him from just flying at light speeds at someone and punching them?

In the scan you posted yourself (as well as in my comic), Modeus described "Most remarkably of all, he manipulates the density of matter with a thought, toughening his skin and muscle harder than diamond," which indicates he may subconsciously (as his power was presented all the time) give himself invulnerability all the time. But ok, you're right, it's not relevant to the point, so I'll end about punching here.

And about that "experienced user," it's Killemall, I'm defending Plutonian about satellite feat back then, and he make a point.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/superboy-prime-vs-plutonian/729097/?page=2

Anyway, I say Plutonian wins easily, as long as this is current Mongul. If it was a PC Mongul, he probably could still win, but with far harder time.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By slimj87d

@AngryHulks: Yes, I know Killemall and I disagree with him.

The picosecond thing says "A picosecond long battle report."

The battle was Plutonian flying the bomb from Alana's apartment to outer space.

So either way, Plutonian either flew the bomb from Alana's house into space in a picosecond or it took the beam a picosecond to go back to Modeus.

It does not make sense to explain it in any other way.

You can see I'm in that thread as well.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Killemall

Plutonian, likely stronger physically, likely more durable, and frankly a LOT more versatile.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

I want to bring this up about the radio wave thing with Alana. This is coming from Alana, and she's not scientist. I would actually blame the writer on not doing his research or I could be wrong myself. I haven't had a chance to review what kind of radio waves radio stations broadcast. But from nasa, gravity, the atmosphere, etc are almost negligible.

http://radiojove.gsfc.nasa.gov/class/lesson_plans/lesson2.pdf

The speed of all electromagnetic waves (the speed of light, or c) is 300,000,000 meters

per second (3 x 10

m/s). The distance traveled (d) by an electromagnetic wave in time (t)

is given by the equation: d = c t.

The frequency and wavelength of an electromagnetic wave are related by the equation:

c = λ f where f is the frequency of the wave in hertz, c is the speed of light in meters per

second, and λ is the wavelength in meters.

Example 1. How long would it take a radio wave to travel to Earth from the moon? The

moon is 400,000 kilometers from Earth. (Note: 400,000 kilometers = 4 x 10

meters.)

d = c t

4 x 10

= 3 x 10

t

t = 1.33 seconds

So I don't know what Alana is talking about in her narration. Besides the writers making a mathematical mistake, I guess you can blame it on a reporter trying to talk physics.