Plo Koon vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Plo Koon vs Qui-Gon Jinn (37 votes)

Qui-Gon Jinn (TPM) 32%
Plo Koon (ROTS) 68%

Round One: Canon

Round Two: EU

Both are advanced (mid-Tier 8) duellists recognised as being among the greatest Jedi of their era

Qui-Gon Jinn was considered a peer of Mace Windu when he was in his prime but is considered to have declined somewhat by the time of The Phantom Menace. Despite this, he valiantly held his own against Darth Maul (A low-tier 9 duellist). An adversary of deadly combative accumen.

Plo Koon was another of the Jedi's most acclaimed Masters. Even Darth Maul recognised him to be a true test of his skills. Despite this, the new canon has (unfortunately) dispensed of all of his duelling and force feats :( Poor Plo. EU should be close still

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Plo should take it more often than not, equal or better duelist (leaning towards better however), and notably better Force-wielder.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo should take it more often than not, equal or better duelist (leaning towards better however), and notably better Force-wielder.

Canon or EU (Or does he take both in your opinion)?

Brightsteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon would take him in current canon, primarily due to Plo having no dueling feats at the moment, and Qui-Gon being comparable enough in Force-power for Plo not to dominate (at least, if I remember correctly). EU is where Plo wins tho.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Qui-Gon would take him in current canon, primarily due to Plo having no dueling feats at the moment, and Qui-Gon being comparable enough in Force-power for Plo not to dominate (at least, if I remember correctly). EU is where Plo wins tho.

Yeah, that's my current thinking

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In canon does Plo have really any feats at all? In the EU I'd back Koon, otherwise Qui Gon based on feats/ lack thereof.

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In canon does Plo have really any feats at all? In the EU I'd back Koon, otherwise Qui Gon based on feats/ lack thereof.

Yeah, this is more or less a EU battle TBH, I just added in the canon round coz' I like canons

No, no real feats as of yet...

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo is better than Qui-Gon in just about every aspect. He should win.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Duh koon

Holocron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BuMp!

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

Jinn.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eu plo wins comfortably.

Canon jinn should win based on featshe didnt have many in clone wars iirc

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo has held his own against Savage, but really I don't think that giving them a fight is out of Qui Gon's abilities. Darth Maul saw them both as worthy opponents (saying Plo would be a true test of skill), and in terms of accolades they're more or less equivalent in praise and feats. I'd say sabers could be argued either way convincingly, with Plo probably winning out slightly or maybe less if you count his losses or any perceived circumstances regarding his broken arm against Ventress or whatever.

In the force, Plo's telekinesis probably outshines Jinn's and his accolades calling him one of the Most powerful Jedi ever, isn't something I recall Jinn really having any similar mentioning. He has a slight force edge so I'd side with Plo even for the slimmest of majorities.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinn's beard tips the scales in his favor

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd just love to see this fight, mostly due to Qui Gon being more of a philosopher Jedi, which is part of why he lost against Maul.

WollfMyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: Qui-Gon wins.

Legends: Plo Koon wins.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Erkan12

Could go either way.

Plo held his own against Savage, and Jinn did the same with TPM Maul. Jinn also defeated Tahl, Anoon, Xanatos and stated as better than AotC Kenobi by Dooku. In terms of force powers, Jinn stated as having a special relationship with the force, and force pulled Vos and Kenobi from a churning waters of a river, and send Jedi Feemor flying with force while dueling with Xanatos.

@echostarlord117 said:

Plo is better than Qui-Gon in just about every aspect. He should win.

Jinn is strong enough to shatter a wall with his fingers, and send TPM Maul flying with a punch. Jinn has better strength feats.

Bat_Siri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'd go Plo

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plo Koon could not hold his own against TPM Maul, matching his speed and meeting his every strike. Jinn wins

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By kbroskywalker

koon if legends

canon koon has absolutely nothing in terms of dueling so qui gon wins by default i guess

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Qui-Gon wins. He's just a better duelist.

Plo Koon could not hold his own against TPM Maul, matching his speed and meeting his every strike. Jinn wins

He wasn't matching Maul's speed at all - Qui-Gon notes that Maul is faster than him immediately upon engaging him in battle in the TPM novelization, and The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia states that Qui-Gon was "physically unable to compete" with Maul.