#1 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

I made a Wolf Predator vs. Sabretooth thread a while back.

I just saw a thread called Heat Vision vs. Adamantium. A poster mentioned that adamantium has to be melted down before being laced to someone's skeleton. In that case, Superman's heat vision would easily melt adamantium. Could the same be said for a plasma weapon. Is adamantium a lot harder to melt than say, steel?

#2 Posted by hyiena (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movie they had to keep it melted and in liquid form because once it cooled and hardened it couldn't be done again.

#3 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

In the movie they had to keep it melted and in liquid form because once it cooled and hardened it couldn't be done again.

how did they melt if the first time? not really making sense to me.

like, the melt the components and mix them, and then let that harden?

#4 Posted by hyiena (1925 posts) - - Show Bio

Beats me

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (38249 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium is not a natural metal in the MU. It is an alloy made of various other, closely related iron alloys that are mixed and compounded together in a secret process. Once the melted alloys mix, they harden and become adamantium and are to never melt again. The only time I ever saw adamantium melt was when King Thor shot Wolverine with a vision blast of the Odin force which shows what it takes to actually melt adamantium.

#6 Edited by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Adamantium is not a natural metal in the MU. It is an alloy made of various other, closely related iron alloys that are mixed and compounded together in a secret process. Once the melted alloys mix, they harden and become adamantium and are to never melt again. The only time I ever saw adamantium melt was when King Thor shot Wolverine with a vision blast of the Odin force which shows what it takes to actually melt adamantium.

@m0ntyb0y

said:

@hyiena said:

how did they melt if the first time? not really making sense to me.

like, the melt the components and mix them, and then let that harden?

Yes, adamntium is actually made from vibranium mixed with other metallic alloys.

#7 Posted by Transmetal (293 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

This exactly.

#9 Edited by m0ntyb0y (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, you can melt the components but not the finished product

could you guys scan some sources stating that adamantium can't be melted after the component metals are combined? some heat-resistance feats would also be nice

#10 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium

#11 Posted by Joey809 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Plasma weaponry melts adamantium in secs.

#12 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

@m0ntyb0y: Naw, adamantium ores can be melted but once cooled it is indestructible

#13 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5616 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantanium.