Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sovereign91001

Round 1 is fought

No Caption Provided

On the planet Kryton 20 hours before it was destroyed.

Your teams have 2 hours prep

full knowledge of the opposing team

and full knowledge of the terrain.

In the planets core there is a vast power source that will elevate you to the next level (transport you to the place in time, space and dimension that the next battle will take place). It also grants you a boon for that battle (to be discovered in round 2 - after I think of it).

Even with the powers of your team it will take 4 hours to access the power source and you have to start activating it two hours before Krypton's destruction ( it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to build up power). Failure to do so will result in the destruction of one of your team members ( one team members down for second round).

You will have to provide not just a battle strategy and evidence for how you can defeat your enemy but a realistic time frame to do so that is less than 14 hours.

When voting commences ( agreed on by players or in 4 days if not done by then) those voting will have to vote on

a) who won based on the debate and only the debate. If you think a team should have won but the argument didn't get to prove that vote for the team how proved their case.

b) whether you think the time frame laid out was believable. To keep it fair those who would face the winner of a battle in the next round will not vote on time frames.

Rules

Temporary BFR is allowed but will not make a win. To win you have to actually deal with each and every character

Win is by Death, KO, Incapacitation or Immobilization ( this is not achieved by a BFR)

Any feats used that would be considered above Odin (Marvel level) are null and void ( this is for anyone who may have slipped a character through I was unsure of)

All characters are in character and will interact as such. If there would normally be animosity or friction between them it will exist here. If characters are all used to ruling the roost they will fight for control and players will have to address.

Team who finishes their debate first and calls for voting will get first pick of the four boons on offer for round 2, second will get second etc. This is to encourage everyone to participate at their best :)

Good luck

• Superwoman (Earth 2)
  • Yellow Lantern Sinestro
  • Ultraman (Earth 2)
  • General Zod (New Krypton)
  • Ursa (New Krypton)
  • Team Sovereign91001

• Captain Atom (Pre New 52)
    • Icon
    • Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)
    • Phoenix Jean Gray (Green)
    • Superman (Pre New 52)

Edit: Changed to reflect versions of characters

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sovereign91001

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By beatboks1

@Sovereign91001:Anyhthing that is realistically achievable ( for your characters) within the time frame is allowed.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sovereign91001

@beatboks1: Is the planet populated and what's our starting distance?

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By beatboks1

the planet is populated but they're all in their homes praying to Rao since their universe is about to end and they gave up on space travel centuries / decades ago. you both start off planet opposite sides but the place you have to dig for the power source is relatively small so you have to meet.

Avatar image for scottishwarlord
    ScottishWarlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ScottishWarlord

cant wait for this :D

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By oceanmaster21

@Sovereign91001: alrite lets do this

my team

• Superwoman
  • Yellow Lantern Sinestro
  • Ultraman
  • General Zod
  • Ursa
  • Team Sovereign91001

• Captain Atom
    • Icon
    • Doctor Fate (Kent V. Nelson)
    • Phoenix Jean Gray (Green)
    • Superman

now i see my team winning this the only person i see is a problem is phonenix with two hrs of prep my team can do some damage lets start with captain atom captain atom has the ability to drain radiation and has energy blast and so on hes pretty tough ursa can handle captain atom she put up a better fight against superman than zod did she beat supergirl and superboy at the same time she better trainned shes more versatile than he is captain atom in a lot of fights he had with superman sometimes can hardly match him then sometimes he can but ursa with two hrs of prep is gonna beat him tell he has nomore radiation and when he looses his radiation it takes forever for him to get back ok. i seen in comics where superman fought captain atom and when superman gave him a little lazer vision he wasnt able to take it it backed im up for for a few minutes so ursa with full heat vision blast is gonna destroy him. or she cud freeze him with her frost breath.

icon is powerful in his own rite he was able to fight superman for awhile but tht was superman with morals superwoman has no morals wht so ever which is probally why owlman loves her so much but anyways superwoman is just as strong as superman she was able to fight superman and wonderwoman by herself for a little while she also has like a black lasso like wonderwoman except hers is better it can turn to anyshape or anything tht she wants it to and she has a device tht can give ppl the worst death with her device she can turn icon in to a wolf or a bug or whatever she wants him to be and seeing how icon fights he wud fall right for her trap and she is physically stronger and faster than he is.

then u have doctor fate now doctor fate who def is no joke doctor fate big weakness is his helment if anybody knocks off his helmet he turns back into regular person or in better words the curse is released. now ultraman is gonna win this sure ultraman may not be as smart as superman but is an excellent battle warrior and he is gonna speed blits en dr fate i have seen it done plenty of times before plenty of ppl have beaten dr fate and knocked his helmet off like superman wonderwoman nightwing heck even star girl has beaten him with ease and she dosent really have super speed ultraman is evil superman only way to beat him is blue kryptonite majic dosent work when ultraman and superman fought captain marvel came to help is majic lightning had no effect according to martian manhunter its bc ultraman from alternate universe so martian stepped in and the won bc it was 3 physical powerhoues going at him but ultraman was able to keep up with superman and cap marvel at the same time so yea now dr fate is powerful but the fact tht his majic wont work and ultraman speed and raw power comes into play i think ultraman will speedblits dr fate get behind and knock his helmet off or get from behind him and freeze him with his frost breath or laser blast him or just give him one good puch and its over

sinestro with two ours of prep is goona fighure out a plan to stop phonex and since there not a whole lot of time sinestro will just make tons constructs for her to go threw. now mind abilities dont work on yellow lanterns bc something about the fear element . now to sinestro he gonna know how powerful jean is bc of the two hrs of prep so he will make a construct of cyclops and a group of her friends to talk to her n while thts going on sinestro will be going to get the power source im actually suprised phoneix was even allowed bc of how powerful she is.

then we have superman now superman and zod are about even in everything power strenght abilities u name it they both got it but with two hrs of prep zod is gonna make zod have any advantage bc zod has the kryptonian heat gun tht he keeps with him and he will use his gun on superman seeing how they get prep tht will aid zod well bc the kryptonian heat gun is so powerful it can take a kryptonians powers away and insome cases even kill em and since zod knows superman coming he use his gun on superman and take his powers from him then he will stick his arm rite threw his chest or use his lazer vision on him or use his frost breath. then from there zod will go search for the power source

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

@oceanmaster21: Lol no offence, but that's the longest, and best post you ever made on Comicvine, lol. Good luck to both of you though.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21:

Okay The first thing that strikes me is the battlefield; we're on Krypton which means we're under Rao. Rao is a red star so that means when the battle starts 3/5th's of your team (Ursa, Zod, Ultraman) will have no abilities, that puts my team at a huge advantage. Even if we're on the night side of Krypton the solar particles (radiation) would still permeate the atmosphere robbing your guys of their abilities. Superman is affected by this as well but I have a way to circumvent it which I'll get into in a minute.

The second thing to strike me is the discord on your team Zod, Ultraman and Sinestro all have huge ego's and arrogence problems...Superwoman despises Ultraman and Ursa is loyal to Zod. The odds of either Zod, Ultraman or Sinestro agreeing to anything the other has to say are pretty high; none of them is going to want to relinquish the leadership position to the others. That puts your team at another disadvantage.

Two Hour Prep

Jean will release the mental blocks in Superman and Captain Atom's minds. In Superman's case this will allow him to use the full scope of his powers and turn off his morals, strengthen Captain Atom's willpower and allow him to fight to his fullest extent.

The info tool and maker will let him design whatever my team needs for combat so I'll have it design Superman's Kryptonite suit.

Since the suit is composed of lead This will serve the dual purpose of making him immune to Kryptonite and The effects of the Red Solar radiation in Krypton's atmosphere. Superman will don the suit and I think that'll complete my prep.Now before I make a battle strategy and time frame... my question to you how is Zod going to create an army or robot's when he has no resource's with him or raw materials to build them out of?

Edit: Beatboks has ruled that the Rao will not de-power our Kryptonians however any other Red Sun attacks we may use are in play and that my opponents version of Zod (previously S.A) will now be the Zod from New Krypton so my question about the robots no longer pertains.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oceanmaster21

i see your point however ultraman has an ego but in the end he dose whts nessary so dose sinestro when it fits him and in this scenario it dose second thing it dosent matter about the red son sure zod and ursa will be affected by the red sun but ultraman will not however bc of him being from alternate universe just like he only affected by blue kryptonite the red sun wont have tht affect him so ultraman is still in the game. superwoman might despise ultraman but since her life is in danger inthis fight she not gonna go against him for your team she is still gonna do her job. sinestro with 2 hrs of prep can do some damage dont forget sinestro can also open up wormholes and black holes he can just simply put captain atom in one of those wholes and he can do the samething to icon and zod can make the material krypton had a heat kryptonian gun tht wud destroy a kryptonian it takes there powers and insome cases kills them so imagine wht will happen if he shoots superman with it. sinestro can also make a construct of the yellow sun and give zod and ursa there abilities it wont be as effective as the real sun but it will be just enough and sinestro also has the abilites to absorb energy. and zod created a device to get superman attention while he was trapped in the phantom zone he made superman come to phantom zone so if he cud do tht with wht little scrap he cud find in the phantom zone imagine wht he cud do on krypton were theres a bunch of technology

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oceanmaster21

even tho were enemies in this tourney i will say i like ur team let the best man win

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21:

You too :)

Which version of Ultraman are you using?

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oceanmaster21

cris on two earth version the crazy one basically lol

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21: Alright since we're all cleared up I'm going to post my battle plan.

Battle Plan

Okay your team has a glaring weakness to me a lack of telepathy and a lack of telepathic defense so I'm going to exploit that weakness. Since we start on opposite sides of the planet and the Phoenix grant Jean a tremendous boost in power Jean's going to use her Telepathy to put to Ultraman, Superwoman, Zod & Ursa out of comission before the first punch is even thrown. The range may seems exsessive but Jean without the Phoenix was able to send a telepathic message from the moon to the Earth a distance of about ~240,000 miles.

With the Phoenix she should have no problem reaching the distance across a planet. That leaves you Sinestro, I'm tempted to say that Jean backed by the phoenix could put him to sleep as well (I don't think his T.P shields are great enough to withstand a mental assault from a telepath of her caliber) but for arguments sake I'll just say that's four members of your team K.O'd in a single attack.

That leaves Sinestro against all five of my members, I'll send in Superman (his morals are off and he's not holding back) and have him speedblitz Sinestro with Captain Atom providing back up. In a contest between Superman & Sinestro, Sinestro has one real hope; his ring's ability to mimic Kryptonites radiation. This has been negated by Superman's armor. Superman is far too fast and too strong for him and with Atom present he should be able to drain Sinestro's ring of it's charge easily, he's absorbed energy from Parallax (The embodiment of Fear) and Nekron (Head of the Black Lantern Corp), Sinestro's ring shouldn't prove any more difficult.

The whole fight shouldn't take long from top to bottom; Time frame ≤ 30 mins.

From there my team will access the power source; given the level of power my team has available (Superman, Atom, Icon) they should arrive at their destination well within the fourteen hour window.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oceanmaster21

thts all true but since theres prep u dont think sinestro will think of a plan so yea phoneix mite get my team of superwoman zod ultraman ursa but ur forgetting one thing the mind abilities dont work on kryptonians time and time again ppl with mind ablities have tried to take over superman mind and hurt him telepathicly and have failed heck even superboy as gotten passed ppl like tht so my kryptonians can have blocks on there mind to and the zod and ursa i choose def will brainiack tried to attack zod telepathicly and failed miserably so goodluck with that ultraman is to dumb for her to attack his mind it will be like the wind in one ear out the other 2 sinestro as yellow ring it will be hard for captain atom do bc knew yellow ring can be asborbed parallaz tried to sinestro and failed so trust me zod or sinestro or even ultraman is gonna get to the power source and dont forget superwoman also has the majic laso wip which can do anything she wants so she can just get a hold of captain atom and hold down

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Backflip

@Sovereign91001: Wow, fantastic opening plan. I'm very impressed.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oceanmaster21

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21:

Your going to have to show feats for your characters that show they have telepathic resistance.

The fact that telepathy doesn't work (sometimes) on Superman is that he has extensive mental training in that department. Superwoman, Ultraman, Zod & Ursa do not, two hours isn't nearly enough time for them to prepare for a telepathic attack of Phoenix's caliber (especially considering none of them has any pyschic training) and to be honest I'd say its fair to say that none of your team has experience fighting a telepath anywhere close to Jean's power (Brainiac's TP isn't even close to Phoenix's). As for Ultraman being to dumb to be K.O'd by T.P, She's going to shut his (and their) mind's down, intelligence has nothing to do with it, she's putting them to sleep. Jean has been able to hold Xavier's mind (arguably the worlds strongest telepath) in her own breaking through the defenses of your team (if there are any) shouldn't be too hard for her.

I still see 4 down and Sinestro being the last man standing and he's not gonna get around Superman and Atom.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sovereign91001

@Backflip: Thanks :)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By oceanmaster21

shoot thts true i do have a scan of superwoman resisting martian manhunter but it wont work i been trying to post it for an hr but ok so ur phonex takes care of my guys even tho im sure zod has had similar training but my 4 are down but seeing how sinestro opperates he mite use his team has decoyes and use them as bate so while ur phoneix is attacking my 4 he cud sneak away to get to the power source so either way sinestro is getting to the power soucrce which shud only take him 5 munutes lol

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21 said:

shoot thts true i do have a scan of superwoman resisting martian manhunter but it wont work i been trying to post it for an hr but ok so ur phonex takes care of my guys even tho im sure zod has had similar training but my 4 are down but seeing how sinestro opperates he mite use his team has decoyes and use them as bate so while ur phoneix is attacking my 4 he cud sneak away to get to the power source so either way sinestro is getting to the power soucrce which shud only take him 5 munutes lol

Quoted from the rules in the O.P

"Even with the powers of your team it will take 4 hours to access the power source and you have to start activating it two hours before Krypton's destruction ( it takes 1 hour and 50 minutes to build up power). Failure to do so will result in the destruction of one of your team members ( one team members down for second round)."

So even if Sinestro left his teammates to get K.O'd by Phoenix he's gonna have to fend off my team of five for nearly six hours by himself, that's not gonna happen.

Do you have an issue number or link for your Superwoman feat?

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oceanmaster21

here is sinestro when he was fighting paralax hal jordan i mean comon paralla is no joke especially when a green lantern is possed by parallax there very dangerous and powerful and the fact tht sinestro can fight parallax as long as he did yea whts ur team gonna do ur team will know the meaning of fear let those who try to stop whats rite burn like his power sinestro MITE

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21: Okay l'm looking for the scan but let's assume Superwoman can resist TP. That leaves us with 2 vs 5.

While Superman and C. Atom are dealing with Sinestro. Jean can switch over to her TK and pull Superwoman apart with her molecular control. Or she can hold her in place and let Icon wail on her or burn her with the Phoenix Flames. Add Fate into the equation and she should go down too.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oceanmaster21

maybe but still sinestro stood up to paralax for awhile so he can stand up to these guys for awhile to. and icon is abrawler so he might just rush to my team and get a heatblast from superwoman she has heat vision as well and dont forget sinestro ring as the ability to make imself intangible if need be sinestro also can open black wholes and worm holes so who says he cant just throw superman icon and captain atom into it then thts just ur phoneix and dr fate and ur introuble then well ur phonex is powerful but dr fate introuble my other guys can just speedblitz him while sinestro and superwoman stall phoneix as far as the time sinestro can make constructs all kinds he can even make phonex join his group bc of her power she will join the yellow corps 2 he can make a construct of himself to go set open the powersource

this is all of a yellow lanterns ability

• Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of yellow energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the will of the user. The weapons power is more an indication of the will of the user.
    • Force-Field Generation: The ring can create various forcefields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic scope of a Sinestro corpsman's duties, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support. The force-field seems to be created instantaneously, whether this is due to programming or an instinctive reaction from intensive training has not been established. It could be considered as a subroutine of the ring's automatic defensive system, but as of yet, this theory has not been proven
  • Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of yellow energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's mastery of Fear. A Sinestro Corpsman can create any particular items or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the mastery of fear necessary to will it into existence. The constructs
    • Instill Fear: the Power Ring is unique in that its base of power, fear, can be manipulated by the ring user. An opponent's fears can be laid bare by delving into their minds. The power only works on the direct emotion of fear. This allows them to create the energy constructs of a opponent's worst nightmare. Also, once that fear is exposed, the ring's ability allows the wielder to amplify the fear to the point of irrationality and true horror on the part of victim and conversely empowering the ring wielder.
    • Phasing: The Power Ring allows the wearer to pass through certain solid objects, such as walls. Which objects that are not penetrable are not known, but it may depend upon the strength of the wearer's mastery of fear and the density of the object's molecular structure.
    • Kryptonian Charging: Similar to how the light of a YELLOW LANTERN RING. can be used to create artifical Kryptonite energy to harm a Kryptonian, the yellow energy from a Yellow Power Ring can charge the powers of a Kryptonian or Daxamite.
    • Environmental Playback: Upon request, the power ring can recreate a holographic environment based on data in its memory banks. The ring wielder can observe events in a ghostlike state, but the ring wielder cannot alter the outcome of the playback. All objects in the playback will appear in the full spectrum of colors, regardless of the wielder's level of expertise creating simulacrum's. The power ring will automatically end the playback if outside interference warrants the ring wielder's undivided attention.
    • Invisibility & Light Refraction: A ring wielder can render him/her/itself invisible by willing the ring to bend light waves around his/her/its form, as well as that of the power ring. Presumably, a similar action allows an experienced ring wielder to create objects of colors other than green. As Hal Jordan's experience grew, he was able to create power ring illusions of people and objects. It can be assumed the ring wielder would not risk the extra time and effort to create other colors in a combat situation.
      • Energy Twin: The power ring allows the wearer to create an "energy twin" of his/her/itself that can travel at far greater speeds than that of the ring wielder's physical form. While the energy twin is active the ring wielder remains motionless, his/her/its life force is needed to guide the energy twin. The energy twin can not alter its surroundings, and may only be perceived by another ring wielder as a yellow, ghostlike image. Any knowledge gained by the energy twin is transferred back to the ring wielder's physical form upon recontact with the body.
      • Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store most other energies. Unlike the Green Lantern power rings, a yellow power ring can replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging, but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
      • Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds. In atmosphere, a Sinestro Corpsmen has been known to fly as fast as Mach 10 in atmosphere by creating an aerodynamic envelope around his body. Towing others, usually within a bubble, his speed is limited to the twice the speed of sound or 1440 mph. In space, Sinestro Corpsman's speed can be significantly greater and has been known to approach 80% of lightspeed in normal space. Flight is possible at velocities exceeding light speed. In atmospheres, air friction is not a hindrance, since heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field.
      • Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. Black holes can be navigated by experienced ring wielders.
      • Time Travel: Time travel is possible with the power ring, though the further forward in time a ring wielder
        • Limited Cellular Regeneration: This ring has a limited ability to heal physical injuries and this seems to be a feature held over from the previous incarnations of the ring. Sinestro Corpsman can use the ring to repair minor injuries in himself or others.
        • Electromagnetic Scanning: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities based on the imagination of the user. If one can conceive of it, he can probably detect it. Magical effects like clairvoyance, seem to be beyond the scope of the ring. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet, and high frequency band communications.
        • Universal Translator: Keeping in mind the myriad of worlds, life forms, and cultures throughout the cosmos, it is understandable why Sinestro added a translation system to the power ring. The power ring can translate virtually any language in the universe, facilitating diplomatic encounters rather than violent confrontations.
        • Material Alteration: The Sinestro Corpsman's uniform is not made out of fabric. It is created by the Power Ring whenever the wearer wills to wear it. It automatically appears over the wearer's normal clothing, and vanishes when the wearer wills to return to their civilian attire. Most Sinestro Corpsmen wear similar uniforms that are programmed into the ring by default. However, each Sinestro Corpsman is able to adjust their uniform to fit their own needs, personalities and whims. The yellow parts of the wearer's uniform are usually very warm or hot to those who touch it, while the black parts are very cold.
        • Ring Duplication: Most Power Rings are capable of automatically duplicating themselves. Each duplicate typically shares the qualities and capabilities of the original ring. While the thought of an unauthorized person getting a hold of a power ring and making duplicates for nefarious purposes, their ability to inflict damage is limited because each duplicate still requires to be recharged by a personal power battery.
        • Emergency Beacon: A Sinestro Corpsman in distress can use his/her/its power ring as an emergency beacon. The alert can be directed to a Sinestro Soldier's neighboring sector, or it can be a Corps-wide alert.
        • Homing Beacon: A homing beacon in the power ring can lead one Sinestro Corpsman to another

The powe

• Mind Alteration: As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate, mind tampering is not impossible, the real difficulty lies in properly applying the power. There lies a risk of catastrophic damage to the mind should mistakes be made. A ring wielder can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. Sinestro Corpsmen have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Sinestro Corpsmen. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack. The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being. Sinestro Corpsmen have used this technique to share information regarding their enemies during combat situations.
    • Security Protocol: The rings can be programmed. They can be coded to the wearer so as to make them unusable if stolen.
    • Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if the bearer is not wearing the ring.
    • orange lanterns abilitiysr ring can be ordered to disguise itself to elude power ring wielding trackers. Most often ring wielders will allow
    • Mind Alteration: As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate, mind tampering is not impossible, the real difficulty lies in properly applying the power. There lies a risk of catastrophic damage to the mind should mistakes be made. A ring wielder can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. Sinestro Corpsmen have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Sinestro Corpsmen. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack. The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being. Sinestro Corpsmen have used this technique to share information regarding their enemies during combat situations.
    • Security Protocol: The rings can be programmed. They can be coded to the wearer so as to make them unusable if stolen.
    • Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if the bearer is not wearing the ring.
    • Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. The yellow ring established at least one known wormhole to Oaand anywhere it needs to go, which required the use of a power ring to enter. Black holes and create them
    Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21: Here is every MM, Superwoman scene I could find from JLA: Earth 2

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I didn't see any T.P resistance from Superwoman so I think she's still K.O'd from Jean's first assault.

maybe but still sinestro stood up to paralax for awhile so he can stand up to these guys for awhile to. and icon is abrawler so he might just rush to my team and get a heatblast from superwoman she has heat vision as well and dont forget sinestro ring as the ability to make imself intangible if need be sinestro also can open black wholes and worm holes so who says he cant just throw superman icon and captain atom into it then thts just ur phoneix and dr fate and ur introuble then well ur phonex is powerful but dr fate introuble my other guys can just speedblitz him while sinestro and superwoman stall phoneix as far as the time sinestro can make constructs all kinds he can even make phonex join his group bc of her power she will join the yellow corps 2 he can make a construct of himself to go set open the powersource

Superman is going to blitz Sinestro he doesn't have the reactions to stop a bloodlusted Superman who's immune to Kryptonite. Superman has shown that he can shatter lantern constructsand like I said earlier Atom can easily drain Sinestro's ring of it's charge, he's defenseless then. There's really no hope for Sinestro here; he arguably couldn't beat either one of these guys coming at him, he's got no chance with both of them.

Icon's not stupid (in fact he's a genius) his team has the numbers, there's no reason or advantage for him to go bull rushing in against Superwoman (if she's still awake) as far as Heat vision? Even without the Phoenix enhancing her TP she's capable of holding back Scott's Optic Blast's, now obviously that's not the exact same thing as heat vision but given that Jean has pyro kinesis as the Phoenix I say it's a fair compairson.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By oceanmaster21

sinestro can shield him and superwoman and dont forget sinestro can still put some of the guys from your team in a warmwhole or blackwhole he can still do tht and dont forget superwoman also has her device tht she keeps handy which can turn anything into anything she wants so she can use to turn alot of ur guys into a bunch of frogs then wht

whts ur frogs gonna do and here are some respect threads for sinestro

sinestro can make himeself invisible or go in stealthmode so during the battle sinestro can go instealth mode or invisible and go set the button to get to the source of power two sinestro with two hrs of prep can make constructs of his whole team and make them look just like his team and make them strong at tht so ur team can be fighting my constructs while my whole team is with the power source is just waiting bying out time till the hrs are up then they got the power and on knew krypton zod had clones of him and fellow kryptonians so with two hrs of prep he can just get the clones fight the teams so sinestro constructs of the team plus the clones of kryptonians who had thinking minds kind of will stall ur team for awhile bc thts a lot of ppl fighting against ur team while thts going on my team will also have made rings for his team and sinestro will have the real team shielded underground activating and waiting on the power source.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21 said:

sinestro can shield him and superwoman and dont forget sinestro can still put some of the guys from your team in a warmwhole or blackwhole he can still do tht and dont forget superwoman also has her device tht she keeps handy which can turn anything into anything she wants so she can use to turn alot of ur guys into a bunch of frogs then wht

whts ur frogs gonna do

Well first off until otherwise proven Superwoman is KO'd from way back (as it's yet to be shown that she has any TP resistance).

And for argument's sake even if she wasn't K.O'd she can't move: Jean is holding her in place with T.K., she won't be able to activate any device in the first place. On top of that I have Fate (who I haven't had do anything yet) he can cast a binding spell on top of Jean's Tk restraint, further making sure she's held still. Icon then proceed's to knock her out.

Again Superman is going to speedblitz Sinestro ie; attack him before he can react or form a construct and Sinestro can't open a wormhole if Captain Atom drains his ring of it's power and even if he could (he can't) open a construct before all that happens, Atom can drain the enrgy off the construct (black hole, worm hole etc.) and dispel it, his control of the Q. Field (enhanced earlier by Jean) is more than enough to deal with a single ring's constructs.

Anyway I think I've said everything I want too. I'm ready to open this to votes. You can have the last post or we can open it now.

Edit: I'd like to request that you post scans of Superwoman's device doing what you claim it can: It's been awhile since I read that story but I can't recall her having any kind of device that does that.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By oceanmaster21

yea let the voting commence

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Sovereign91001

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sovereign91001

@oceanmaster21: I came in to read over my last post and I see you edited your last post and I'm going to respond to the new points you brought up.

sinestro can make himeself invisible or go in stealthmode so during the battle sinestro can go instealth mode or invisible and go set the button to get to the source of power two sinestro with two hrs of prep can make constructs of his whole team and make them look just like his team and make them strong at tht so ur team can be fighting my constructs while my whole team is with the power source is just waiting bying out time till the hrs are up then they got the power and on knew krypton zod had clones of him and fellow kryptonians so with two hrs of prep he can just get the clones fight the teams so sinestro constructs of the team plus the clones of kryptonians who had thinking minds kind of will stall ur team for awhile bc thts a lot of ppl fighting against ur team while thts going on my team will also have made rings for his team and sinestro will have the real team shielded underground activating and waiting on the power source.

This one is fairly easy, not only does Superman have the power to break the constructs, with his senses he'd be able to tell fairly quickly that they aren't real so would Jean, she'd be able to sense the their minds with a cursory psychic scan so would Captain Atom with his ability to sense energy.Plus if your claiming Sinestro can make this level of realistic construct to the point that they can not only emulate life but to the degree that it can fool not only Superman's sense's but Jean's telepathy and Atom's energy senses' be I want proof that he can do so. I also wan't proof he can shield other people from Jean and you still haven't adressed that your team has three meglomaniacs on it and getting them to preform with the level of team work your stating will be next to impossible.

Zod getting clone's with his prep, you never stated this; if you want to make a strategy you have to give me the chance to write up a new strategy. But fine Jean can shut down their minds easily with her TP...Plus this completely violates everything you've posted up until, not to mention that you've already committed your team to completely different action and strategy, we can't just go changing what you've committed your team to doing and you'r posting new strategies after we both agreed to vote. When we both agree to vote the strategy creation and debate ends, so that whole new sub section you added...that doesn't count.

@Mr_Ingenuity: @Esquire: @Dredeuced: @CadenceV2: @ThunderGodsWrath: @joeagentofhand1: @Backflip: @ScottishWarlord:

Could you guys leave us a vote?

And anyone else who's reading this and wants to vote feel free too.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DireDrill

While I think oceanmaster did the best he could, his team ultimately lacked the diversity for him to do too terribly much against Sovereign's more diverse team. In the future , I would suggest using a more diverse team to give you more tactical options but good job.

Voting

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By New_World_Order

Sovereign91001.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By oceanmaster21

@DireDrill: thanks and i will this lost has taught me something nxt time i be on my game

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pokergeist

@DireDrill said:

While I think oceanmaster did the best he could, his team ultimately lacked the diversity for him to do too terribly much against Sovereign's more diverse team. In the future , I would suggest using a more diverse team to give you more tactical options but good job.

Voting

Basically. also hit up those Respect Threads for the scans to prove your stance. Good job first time with the posts.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Esquire

Although Oceanmaster put up a very good effort, Sovereign was in rare form. Got to give my vote to Sov.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Backflip

Sovereign.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By willpayton

I'm going with the team from

The versatility of magic + TP with the limited prep tilt the balance, especially since I dont see the other team having a valid counter. Superman and Captain Atom also bring a lot of power, which isnt completely matched by s team.

But, I should say I'm not buying the argument that Jean "turns off" the mental inhibitions of the team and makes them into "no morals" versions. The fight is specifically an in-character fight, so I judged based on in-character abilities. Still, even with morals and in-character, Sovereign's team still wins.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DireDrill

@WillPayton said:

But, I should say I'm not buying the argument that Jean "turns off" the mental inhibitions of the team and makes them into "no morals" versions. The fight is specifically an in-character fight, so I judged based on in-character abilities. Still, even with morals and in-character, Sovereign's team still wins.

I wasn't really to impressed by this point either so I would not count on it in the future .

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By beatboks1

Good job both

So when round two starts Soverign get's first choice of the BOON ( one I decide what those choices are)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sovereign91001

@beatboks1: Thanks

@oceanmaster21: Thanks for a fun debate, best of luck to you in future battles :)

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By oceanmaster21

thanks enjoyed it it was a fun debate hopefully when can battle again one day:) good luck to you