#1 Edited by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright. There have been plenty of Touney's lately but I'm tired of them all being street level or just above.

This one's going to be the first of 2 Above Street level tourney's I'm going to run.

The only limitation is no one who is skyfather level or higher. If a character can easily defeat Thanos or Darkseid without the aid of plot they are out.

I reserve the right to have final call and may ask others who know more about certain characters if they fit.

Team of 5 characters

All must be able to work together as they will be in character

Once a specific version of a character is chosen they are off the table. I will only accept two alternate versions so if the character you wanted has been taken you need to get in fast for the alternate version of them there will only be one more shot.

Hoping to get 16 players but will settle for 8. Please only join if you intend to see it through

Beatboks1

  • Ultra-Humanite
  • Brainwave
  • Mordru (20th century only)
  • Despero
  • Psycho-Pirate

Bornstar

  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Dr Doom
  • Sentry
  • Trion Juggernaught

Afeuikawa

  • Amazo
  • MM
  • Peter Petrelli
  • Black Adam
  • Reed Richards

Espuire

Thundersgodwrath

  • Black Bolt
  • Quasar
  • Doctor Strange ( Current )
  • Silver Surfer
  • Ghost Rider ( Johnny Blaze )

Soveriegn91001

  • Captain Atom
  • Vulcan
  • Doctor Fate
  • Phoenix Jean Gray (Green)
  • Superman
202112
  • Wonder Woman
  • Power girl
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Adam Warlock
  • Wally West

Will Payton

  • Cyborg Superman
  • Darkseid
  • H/P Doomsday
  • Fernus
  • Thanos

Juiceboks

  • Orion
  • Deadman
  • Super Buhan
  • Hyper Shadow w/ unlimited time
  • PC Mongul
Mr_Ingenuity

  • New 52 Captain Atom
  • Shaman X-Man
  • Classic/Current Dr Doom
  • Shaman King Hao Asakura (if he's too powerful than Pre Shaman King)
  • Kuurth w/gem
CadenceV2

  • Ultimate Phoenix
  • Devine Spawn
  • Ghost Rider (Ketch/Nobel)
  • Goku (SS3)
  • Man Thing
Backflip

  • Superboy Prime (W/ Solar Armor)
  • Barry Allen (Flash)
  • Kyle Rayner (Current/All emotional spectrums ?)
  • Phoenix Cyclops (Full Phoenix Force)
  • Alan Scott (Starheart) -(in character only)

DCcomicsrul2011

  • Mystic Gohan
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Hal Jordan
  • Ben 10
  • Super Perfect Cell.

Oceanmanster21

  • superwoman
  • yellow lantern sinestro
  • ultraman
  • general zod
  • ursa

18 hunt

  • Mongul
  • Gogeta
  • Cap MArvel (As a shazam (Trials of shazam when he is in the white outfit)
  • Black Adam
  • Ben 10,000

DireDrill

  • Ultron (Techno-Organic)
  • Kid Amazo
  • Bastion (Pre-Death)
  • Eradicator
  • Apocalypse

Tourney is full

Ones in incident still have ? marks

#2 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

Burning Godzilla

Phoenix Jean Gray

Magneto

Superman

Super Sonic with unlimited time

#3 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

Burning Godzilla

Phoenix Jean Gray

Magneto

Superman

Super Sonic with unlimited time

Wouldn't Phoenix level Jean easily beat Thanos?

The others are fine

#4 Posted by joewell (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Not easily i wouldn't think. But i'll replace her is i have to

#5 Posted by bornstar (1320 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor,Hulk,Dr Doom,Sentry,Trion Juggernaut

#6 Posted by afueikawa (1092 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Amazo
  • MM
  • Peter Petrelli
  • Black Adam
  • Reed Richards
#7 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell: I'll allow it for now unless someone else says she's too OP. I'm really not that familiar with Phoenix Jean, just heard that she's multiversal.

@bornstar: @afueikawa: Your in, though I question the team work between MM and Reed with a bunch of Villains. It will probably be used against you.

#8 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire: can he still only copy mutants or wider

#10 Posted by Esquire (3833 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Offhand I know he's copied Hulk, so it's not limited solely to mutants. Honestly, I just want a hero who can copy my team's abilities. Mimic is the only one who jumps to mind. You seem to have allowed Amazo, though, and he's like Mimic on steroids.

#11 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Black Bolt
  2. Quasar
  3. Doctor Strange ( Current )
  4. Silver Surfer
  5. Ghost Rider ( Johnny Blaze )
#12 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Esquire said:

@beatboks1: Offhand I know he's copied Hulk, so it's not limited solely to mutants. Honestly, I just want a hero who can copy my team's abilities. Mimic is the only one who jumps to mind. You seem to have allowed Amazo, though, and he's like Mimic on steroids.

Yeah but amazo can only copy the powers of members of the JLA due to programming.

He's been defeated by the Atom who simply screamed out JLA disbanded leaving him powerless (lol)

I'LL allow Mimic

#13 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Trion-Juggernaut is Skyfather level. Full force of Cyttorak and all that jazz. Basically indestructible.

#14 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@bornstar: According to Reikai Trion Jugg's is over the limit. Unless you can prove otherwise you'll have to settle for nomal

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Jugg's is way over the limit. The guy was punching through reality.

#16 Edited by Sovereign91001 (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom

Vulcan

Doctor Fate

Rachel Grey (Phoenix)

Nova (Rider)

#17 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

Power girl

Beta Ray Bill

Adam Warlock

Wally West

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

My team:

Darkseid

Fernus

Monarch

Thanos

Zoom

#19 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton said:

My team:

Darkseid

Fernus

Monarch

Thanos

Zoom

I believe these were exactly the characters he didn't wanna see in it. Tear Monarch open and the universe is wiped out. Zoom manipulates time to be infinitely fast. Thanos is a Skyfather level figure. Fernus...never fuggin heard of'im.
#20 Edited by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@name12345: Doctor Fate was already chosen, Divine Spawn is to powerful, and Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

#21 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@WillPayton said:

My team:

Darkseid

Fernus

Monarch

Thanos

Zoom

I believe these were exactly the characters he didn't wanna see in it. Tear Monarch open and the universe is wiped out. Zoom manipulates time to be infinitely fast. Thanos is a Skyfather level figure. Fernus...never fuggin heard of'im.

Darkseid and Thanos are not skyfather level, and the OP says that characters are out if they can easily beat Darkseid or Thanos, which means he's ruling out characters who are above the level of Darkseid and Thanos.... and hence DS and Thanos would qualify.

The OP also didnt say anything against time manipulation.

Fernus is basically a bloodlusted Martian Manhunter with no morals or restraint. He can defeat the Justice League and kill hundreds of White Martians with ease.

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: The Skyfather rule is a bit weird though. Odin is about the most powerful Skyfather in terms of feats, the rest aren't even planetary in terms of feats.

#23 Edited by Juiceboks (9035 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion

Deadman

Super Buhan

Hyper Shadow w/ unlimited time

PC Mongul

#24 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sovereign91001: All looks good

@202122: Likewise

@WillPayton: Zoom and Monarch are definite nos. technically I did say no one who can easily beat Thanos and Darkseid so I guess I have to allow them. My memory of Fermus is very shady so I'll call out to and for their opinions.

#25 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Juiceboks: Looks ok

Just to clarify the skyfather thing. No one Odin level or above. I'll edit OP soon

If no one objects I'm going to swap my own choice of Felix Faust For Mordru. I won't be using any 30th feats ( that's the only version that could be approaching Odin Level) and this is definitely 20th Century Mordru. It's not that FF is left wanting I'm just a lot more familiar with Mordru's feats and only held off because on most forums everyone relates to him at his peak 30th cent level and I figured the were be a lot of crying foul.

#26 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping this was other than comic book characters.

#27 Posted by WillPayton (9455 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Sovereign91001: All looks good

@202122: Likewise

@WillPayton: Zoom and Monarch are definite nos. technically I did say no one who can easily beat Thanos and Darkseid so I guess I have to allow them. My memory of Fermus is very shady so I'll call out to and for their opinions.

Ok if no Zoom or Monarch, my new team:

Cyborg Superman, Darkseid, H/P Doomsday, Fernus, Thanos

#28 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

It is a comic site.

Having said that I said noting in the OP precluding the use of non comics characters.

#29 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Dark Cloud™:

It is a comic site.

Having said that I said noting in the OP precluding the use of non comics characters.

You sure? Last I checked, it was more than just a comic site. And since battles are normally comic book characters, I had hoped one would at least not be. Hence why I commented.

#30 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dark Cloud™:

I'm positive, It even states so in the Battle forum rules which include

Use Comic Characters / At least one Comic Character per battle

In case you didn’t know, this site was made for comics. It would follow that the majority of fights should be comic related. This isn’t to say that only comic fights are allowed and all others will be locked, but keep in mind what most of us are here for. Also, keep silly battles to a minimum - Aunt May vs. Odin is fun once in a while, but gets tiring if overused. Your battle must at least have one comic character or character who has been in a comic in order for it to be considered a battle, If it is Will Smith Vs DR Dre this should be in the off topic section and not in the battle forums.

Clearly the site intends for it to be predominantly comics related if they make a rule like that

#31 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Dark Cloud™:

I'm positive, It even states so in the Battle forum rules which include

Use Comic Characters / At least one Comic Character per battle

In case you didn’t know, this site was made for comics. It would follow that the majority of fights should be comic related. This isn’t to say that only comic fights are allowed and all others will be locked, but keep in mind what most of us are here for. Also, keep silly battles to a minimum - Aunt May vs. Odin is fun once in a while, but gets tiring if overused. Your battle must at least have one comic character or character who has been in a comic in order for it to be considered a battle, If it is Will Smith Vs DR Dre this should be in the off topic section and not in the battle forums.

Clearly the site intends for it to be predominantly comics related if they make a rule like that

/facepalm.

I... know...

But I guess what I said to you went through one eye and out the other.

#32 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

10 down 6 more to go

#33 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7526 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

I would like to join but need some time to formulate a proper team.

#34 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Willpayton's team is way unfair.

#35 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@beatboks1:

I would like to join but need some time to formulate a proper team.

No probs I'll mark off a spot for you.

@ThunderGodsWrath: Who do you thinks is unfair. I'm still undecided on Fermus ( awaiting expert opinion) But obviously by the rules Thanos and DS are OK and most of us have a team member or two who can deal with both.

#36 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1 said:

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@beatboks1:

I would like to join but need some time to formulate a proper team.

No probs I'll mark off a spot for you.

@ThunderGodsWrath: Who do you thinks is unfair. I'm still undecided on Fermus ( awaiting expert opinion) But obviously by the rules Thanos and DS are OK and most of us have a team member or two who can deal with both.

Thanos & Fernus are in a next league of there own. Fernus has stomped whole Justice Leagues teams with ease, and Thanos tangles with Cosmic Beings..and well beats them. Darkseid's okay though, he's not as powerful in my opinion, but it's what you think that matters

#37 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: I want in :)

#38 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Phoenix

Hell King Spawn

Ghost Rider (Ketch/Nobel)

Blackheart

Do they have to be comic book Characters?

Someone (not naming any names THUNDERSGODWRATH) took my Favorite High Tier from me. So I was wondering is i can use my Novel characters from 40K.

#39 Posted by beatboks1 (7231 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Ultimate Phoenix

Hell King Spawn

Ghost Rider (Ketch/Nobel)

Blackheart

Do they have to be comic book Characters?

Someone (not naming any names THUNDERSGODWRATH) took my Favorite High Tier from me. So I was wondering is i can use my Novel characters from 40K.

Already replied to Dark Cloud up the page to say you can use non comics

#40 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

Alright. Team Finalized.

Ultimate Phoenix

Hell King Spawn

Ghost Rider (Ketch/Nobel)

Goku (SS3)

Man Thing

#41 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Awesome team, but why do you have 6 members :/

#42 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@CadenceV2: Awesome team, but why do you have 6 members :/

LOl Your right.

#43 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Fixed.

#44 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Lol, no cheating :P

#45 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

LET ME IN!

#46 Edited by boschePG (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

im going to do this with a coworker. He supply the anime and me the strategy. I dont know half these guys so I placed them in wish order. if they are too powerful(cuz Im bad at balancing anime and comic uber characters) just delete them from the list 1. Allucard (Hellsing) 2. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) 3. Naruto 4. Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach) 5.Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) 6. Kazuma (final form eligbile Ed (ScryED) 7.Major (Ghost in the Shell) 8.Saiya (Blood C)

#47 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@boschePG said:

im going to do this with a coworker. He supply the anime and me the strategy. I dont know half these guys so I placed them in wish order. if they are too powerful(cuz Im bad at balancing anime and comic uber characters) just delete them from the list 1. Allucard (Hellsing) 2. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach) 3. Naruto 4. Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach) 5.Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) 6. Ed (ScryED) 7.Major (Ghost in the Shell) 8.Saiya (Blood C)

You picked 8?

Get rid of the Major, she is street level.

#48 Posted by boschePG (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I picked 8. Me and my partner werent sure if 1 though 5 were allowed, so if not just go to the next number and so on. If the first five are allowed, then I want the first .

#49 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Superboy Prime (W/ Solar Armor)

Barry Allen (Flash)

Kyle Rayner (Current/All emotional spectrums)

Phoenix Cyclops (Full Phoenix Force)

Alan Scott (Starheart)

#50 Posted by boschePG (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

Super Prime and Phoenix Force Cyclops is allowed???