Plagueis vs Exar Kun

Alex7861able

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alex7861able

Both are at their peak, and Kun has no amulets.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Peak? Then I'd assume this is Kun as a spirit. I don't know if Plagueis could fight that. But I'll see what Silver has to say.

!

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467

Kun with no amulets severely limits his powers; even with them, he is still not as powerful as Plagueis. 

Exar at best has shown speed sufficient to generate afterimages of his blade. He is only in the generic high-level Force sensitive speed class, below Luke/Palpatine's or Yoda/Plagueis' speed class. Plagueis is faster. He can create blurring motions throughout a forest, outrun blaster bolts, fight armies, and deflect dozens of blaster bolts. Speed will not guarantee a win, but it will certainly make a difference. Physical strength and resiliency also leans toward Plagueis. He can resist slash and biting damage unharmed and strike through armored torsos. Exar's best strength feat that I can name is smashing a holocron in his hand (but this seemed to be more of a ritual effect than merely physical potency, as the shards of the holocron bonded with the present Jedi). 

In terms of power, Exar only has one real advantage: Drain. His TK was only sufficient to push Sylvar away, and his Force Blast failed to even kill Aleema Keto (and Plagueis could very well use Deflection or Absorption to resist it, in addition to simply dodging it). Plagueis could handle either one with incredible ease. Drain, however, could prove effective, as Plagueis has never shown a resistance to it in the past. Kun managed to siphon the life of thousands of Massassi warriors (his best feat), but he did this in his temples where his power is augmented and while he had access to his talismans. However, even without those, he should still be capable of employing Drain, just not on that scale, and with that said, I see no reason he would be incapable of Draining Plagueis. The determining factor is whether he can find an opportunity to. Plagueis will doubtless provide him no breathing room, and with the energy expenditure Kun will be under to defend against Plagueis' onslaught, him winning via Drain would only happen a minority of times. Conversely, Plagueis' raw power is sufficient to make a difference. While his Lightning could be caught on Exar's twin blades, his Telekinesis is extremely powerful. Between his showings of atomizing targets, collapsing cave ceilings, and creating tremors in the ground, he could deal a high amount of damage to Kun that way. If his other powers, such as Force Scream, came up, that could also serve him well (this may not happen though, because Scream is an involuntary power). 

Combat skill could be debated. Kun has beaten Vodo-Siosk Baas and fought evenly with Ulic Qel-Droma, while Plagueis beat Venamis who was trained to in the same arts that Plagueis was. Aside from Ulic (whom Kun never even beat), neither Exar nor Plagueis have ever fought anyone with anyone with any individual combat feats, and for that reason, I would probably place the two as equals in terms of sheer fighting ability. However, with his power and physical edges, Plagueis should win. Kun's only chance is Drain. 

Plaguies 8-9/10

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said:

Peak? Then I'd assume this is Kun as a spirit. I don't know if Plagueis could fight that. But I'll see what Silver has to say.

Yo @Silver2467 !

I doubt that was what the TC meant, because the OP also said "no amulets." Kun's Essence has no amulets. Besides, spirit Kun is not more powerful than physical Kun, in my opinion. He never managed to possess anyone, and he can only affect the physical realm with outside help. For instance, he only managed to kill Gantoris because Gantoris had a surge of the dark side in him which empowered Kun; he only hurt Luke with Kyp Durron's help; and he only TK'd Corran Horn because of the energies of his temples. Without any of that, he is exactly like any other Sith spirit: just a roaming apparition that has no real influence over the physical world beyond attaching itself to a place, item, or person.