Photon (Rambeau) vs Nova Prime

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Monica Rambeau (Photon) vs Richard Rider as Nova Prime (full Nova force)

(There is, incidentally, a Captain Marvel vs Nova thread. It was never specifically identified which Captain Marvel or which Nova. But most people on there ended up deciding it was Mar-vell vs Richard Rider as Nova Prime.)

Battle takes place in interstellar space, starting at one mile apart. In character. Win by death, KO, dissolution, or incapacitation.

Who wins and why?

Monica Rambeau
Monica Rambeau
Richard Rider as Nova Prime
Richard Rider as Nova Prime

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Nova Prime. Though I do love Rambeau, and I think she needs more respect than she's received thus far.

However, it's hard to give her a win against someone who can match or surpass most of her abilities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love the Monica Rambeau character also, and I believe that she is greatly under-rated. IHowever, I'm unclear as to the current power level extent of Richard Ryder as Nova Prime, as it it seems that he has received a couple of significant power upgrades in recent years. Can someone elaborate, please?

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@thestarguy: Well, to gauge Richard Rider's power according to the OP, let's use the example of Garthan Saal, or Super Nova as he had the entire Nova Force when he fought the Avengers (including Thor) and the Fantastic Four, without taking any damage and he was on a power build-up that could of destroyed Earth. He also had amazingly strong energy blasts and was capable of time and dimension travel with ease. So according to that, i guess you can gauge the amazing abilities Richard Rider could pull off with the full power and NO RESTRICTIONS. But then there's the problem, with the full power of the Nova Force and no world mind restrictions thingy, Richard Rider is highly susceptible to a mental breakdown and eventually, he'll go bat shit crazy lol.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

Nova

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 owie  Moderator
@floopay said:

Nova Prime. Though I do love Rambeau, and I think she needs more respect than she's received thus far.

However, it's hard to give her a win against someone who can match or surpass most of her abilities.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't necessarily disagree on the result (or feelings about Rambeau), but I'm not sure he has all her abilities, or that he necessarily surpasses her in them. But I'd be interested in hearing details if that's the case.

In terms of speed, he's faster in the sense that he can go into hyperspace, but I'm not sure his actual battle reaction time is as fast as hers; she's been clearly documented to be able to react at light speed tactically.

I'm also not sure what Nova could do to Monica when she's in pure energy form. An energy attack wouldn't necessarily affect her. Is he able to manipulate energy? I've seen vague references to this but nothing solid.

Plus, he seems limited to projecting only a few forms of energy from what I know, while she can turn into and project any energy.

Plus, she can turn invisible and also create multiple hologram versions of herself, each of which can attack independently.

There's also a degree of ABC logic I can tenuously throw in. I don't recall the exact circumstances, but at one point back in the 80s she and Firelord and some Avengers were trying to attack Nebula's ship. As I recall, Firelord wasn't able to penetrate the defenses and was bounced off and stunned. While Monica was eventually able to overwhelm the defenses. If I'm correct in how this went down, then Monica would seem to have the potential to create energies at a greater level than Firelord. While on the other hand, during Annihilation Nova seemed pretty respectful of Firelord and the other heralds in several situations, giving me the impression that he is not quite at their level. Of course this comparison spans decades of comics writing which is notoriously inconsistent, and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but I figured I'd bring it up.

He obviously has his own advantages, but I wanted to detail some of hers.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @owie: My bias toward Monica may be getting the best of me but i'll mount a flimsy defense for Monica. I really don't see how he can hurt her. But I think she can duplicate any energy he has. She can drain energy once she duplicates it. Can she drain all of his energy? I doubt it but it may be enough to weaken him. also she can change into different forms of energy faster then she can think(proof can be provided if needed). Meaning if she can get past his force field, Nova is just a man underneath. She has been shown to enter circuitry also. maybe she can wreak havok that way also.

Though I do love Rambeau, and I think she needs more respect than she's received thus far.

I love the Monica Rambeau character also, and I believe that she is greatly under-rated.

ALL OF THE ABOVE. I LOVE THAT WOMAN

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 owie  Moderator

@pooty said:

@floopay: @owie: My bias toward Monica may be getting the best of me but i'll mount a flimsy defense for Monica. I really don't see how he can hurt her. But I think she can duplicate any energy he has. She can drain energy once she duplicates it. Can she drain all of his energy? I doubt it but it may be enough to weaken him. also she can change into different forms of energy faster then she can think(proof can be provided if needed). Meaning if she can get past his force field, Nova is just a man underneath. She has been shown to enter circuitry also. maybe she can wreak havok that way also.

Though I do love Rambeau, and I think she needs more respect than she's received thus far.

I love the Monica Rambeau character also, and I believe that she is greatly under-rated.

ALL OF THE ABOVE. I LOVE THAT WOMAN

You sound like the guy in that diamond-ring proposal ad! She is pretty awesome though.

Cruelrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monicaa

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeha I feel like Monica would win. I honestly can't think of any edge that Rider has except like tactical ability.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stomp