Phoenix Five vs My Team Part 2 (Read OP)

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Soverighn

Rule

Win By Any Means

One Day Prep

BFR Allowed

In Character

Opponents

No Caption Provided
  1. Captain Atom
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Maxwell Lord
  4. Lex Luthor
  5. Ray Palmer
  6. Brainiac 5
  7. High Evolutionary
The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By The_Soverighn

i do not hate the P5

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

The team. Sinister has already proven that the Five can be taken down with prep, and the team has four pro preppers. Captain Atom's time travel and reality warping won't go amiss either.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

The team. Sinister has already proven that the Five can be taken down with prep, and the team has four pro preppers. Captain Atom's time travel and reality warping won't go amiss either.

Captain Atom has reality warping now? I havent read Captain Atom 11 but well should put Cap Atom above the entire Phoenix five, seem to me they are making Captain Atom the most powerful earth hero.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

@CitizenBane said:

Lord, Luthor, Brainiac 5 and High Evolutionary? Atom's smart but I haven't seen many prep feats for him. With Captain Atom's abilities, the team does stand a good chance of winning I have to say.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

Captain Atom has reality warping now? I havent read Captain Atom 11 but well should put Cap Atom above the entire Phoenix five, seem to me they are making Captain Atom the most powerful earth hero.

In the latest issue he could hear the thoughts and subconscious wishes of the people around him and was granting those wishes one by one. The limits of that ability aren't known yet, though.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

The team.With prep the P5 will lose.Sinister defeated them.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By czarny_samael666
@CitizenBane said:

He had months for that. And he had X-Men DNA, including Jean Grey's one. They've lost only because army of omega level telepaths attacked them. IDK about Atom, but until they've already created such an army, a specialyl in one day, I don't see how we can compare both situations.

Oh, and P5 attacked Sinister, here Sinister would have to attack Utopia so he would lose too.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

He had months for that. And he had X-Men DNA, including Jean Grey's one. They've lost only because army of omega level telepaths attacked them. IDK about Atom, but until they've already created such an army, a specialyl in one day, I don't see how we can compare both situations. Oh, and P5 attacked Sinister, here Sinister would have to attack Utopia so he would lose too.

Atom can time travel. He can give the team months or even years if he wants.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

He had months for that. And he had X-Men DNA, including Jean Grey's one. They've lost only because army of omega level telepaths attacked them. IDK about Atom, but until they've already created such an army, a specialyl in one day, I don't see how we can compare both situations. Oh, and P5 attacked Sinister, here Sinister would have to attack Utopia so he would lose too.

Then why can't Magik jaunt back and see the prep and inform the others? I mean if time travel is the wild card P5 have a time traveler too.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Then why can't Magik jaunt back and see the prep and inform the others? I mean if time travel is the wild card P5 have a time traveler too.

Because the thought of doing so probably wouldn't occur to them. When the Five encountered all the different Scarlet Witch decoys (and that was a situation that the Five and the other X-Men accompanying them were prepped for, no less), Scott never thought to find out what was going on. He just preferred to confront the situation as it happened rather than discover the truth behind it. He could have sent Magik back in time to uncover what was going on, but instead he chose to direct her and the others to engage and contain all the decoys. He didn't even feel the need to use Magik in that capacity, as far as he was concerned it was just "some Tony Stark crap". The opposing team, on the other hand, have only one day to prepare against a threat on the level of the P5. They'd need more time. Luckily, they have a man who can give them all the time they need. How long do you think it would take four of the smartest men in their respective universes to use Captain Atom's abilities to secure one-sided prep in their favor?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Because the thought of doing so probably wouldn't occur to them. When the Five encountered all the different Scarlet Witch decoys (and that was a situation that the Five and the other X-Men accompanying them were prepped for, no less), Scott never thought to find out what was going on. He just preferred to confront the situation as it happened rather than discover the truth behind it. He could have sent Magik back in time to uncover what was going on, but instead he chose to direct her and the others to engage and contain all the decoys. He didn't even feel the need to use Magik in that capacity, as far as he was concerned it was just "some Tony Stark crap". The opposing team, on the other hand, have only one day to prepare against a threat on the level of the P5. They'd need more time. Luckily, they have a man who can give them all the time they need. How long do you think it would take four of the smartest men in their respective universes to use Captain Atom's abilities to secure one-sided prep in their favor?

Wouldn't that be PIS considering Magik is kinda known now to move through time to see alternate paths, without being ordered to do it? Since there is no PIS in this battle I don't see her waiting for him to order her to do anything that is completely within her character and power to do.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Saren

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Wouldn't that be PIS considering Magik is kinda known now to move through time to see alternate paths, without being ordered to do it? Since there is no PIS in this battle I don't see her waiting for him to order her to do anything that is completely within her character and power to do.

Except that there have been countless situations even before AvX where Scott didn't employ Magik in that capacity even though he could have. And Magik herself has gone through many incidents without using her time-travel abilities so I would hardly call it completely in character for her to do either. Even after they became the P5, there are now about 4 instances where Scott didn't use Magik's time-travel abilities when confronted by an unexpected threat, nor did Ilyana think to use them either.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By czarny_samael666
@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@CitizenBane said:

1.Yes it would be PIS.
2.Since both teams have prep, then both teams has info about their enemies. So it would end in time travelling all along. 
3.Is this is in character for Atom to give years of prep for his teammates?
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Except that there have been countless situations even before AvX where Scott didn't employ Magik in that capacity even though he could have. And Magik herself has gone through many incidents without using her time-travel abilities so I would hardly call it completely in character for her to do either. Even after they became the P5, there are now about 4 instances where Scott didn't use Magik's time-travel abilities when confronted by an unexpected threat, nor did Ilyana think to use them either.

Right and that is PIS, she is a time traveler, it's PIS for her not to use her powers to travel through time, for any reason.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Right and that is PIS, she is a time traveler, it's PIS for her not to use her powers to travel through time, for any reason.

Really? I don't remember her using those time-travel powers for most of the entire third volume of New Mutants. There are many, many instances where she doesn't do so and it's kind of silly to try and dismiss them all as PIS. It's like if I claimed that Flash wins any fight because he can time-travel too and all the countless fights that he's fought without using time-travel can all go to hell.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Really? I don't remember her using those time-travel powers for most of the entire third volume of New Mutants. There are many, many instances where she doesn't do so and it's kind of silly to try and dismiss them all as PIS. It's like if I claimed that Flash wins any fight because he can time-travel too and all the countless fights that he's fought without using time-travel can all go to hell.

Wasn't she using them off panel to find a way to take out the Elder Gods, or am I mistaken? I didn't say she would win every fight because she can time travel, you based a win off of the other team using time travel to extend their prep, I countered that P5 have a time traveler too. I'm not dismissing anything, I'm merely pointing out that since there is no plot other than fight and win, there would be no reason she wouldn't use whatever power she has. She has used it in the past to see the past (when she and Warlock travel into the past to find out about Shadow King, or how she on a dare traveled to the future), on a whim it's in character for here to do it. I don't see why she wouldn't unless the plot called for another solution to whatever she is involved in. I don't see time traveling to extend prep going unchallenged if there is a devious demon-mutant with the Phoenix that can do the same thing.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bigcimmerian

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

In the latest issue he could hear the thoughts and subconscious wishes of the people around him and was granting those wishes one by one. The limits of that ability aren't known yet, though.

Imagine Bruce Wayne and Clark thinking about their parents and Krypton and sudenly they are ressurected and planet is restored lol.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

Wasn't she using them off panel to find a way to take out the Elder Gods, or am I mistaken? I didn't say she would win every fight because she can time travel, you based a win off of the other team using time travel to extend their prep, I countered that P5 have a time traveler too. I'm not dismissing anything, I'm merely pointing out that since there is no plot other than fight and win, there would be no reason she wouldn't use whatever power she has. She has used it in the past to see the past (when she and Warlock travel into the past to find out about Shadow King, or how she on a dare traveled to the future), on a whim it's in character for here to do it. I don't see why she wouldn't unless the plot called for another solution to whatever she is involved in. I don't see time traveling to extend prep going unchallenged if there is a devious demon-mutant with the Phoenix that can do the same thing.

I don't remember that. From what I recall she always knew how to take out the Elder Gods. According to Dani Moonstar she brought Legion back to Earth-616 at the start of that third volume precisely because she was going to use him later to take out the Elder Gods. The P5 have a time traveler but that time traveler's character would stand in the way of her doing so, especially since she currently follows orders from Cyclops and he's never expressed any interest in using her to that capacity. And we do take standard behavior and even CIS into account here on the battle forums, and thank god for that or we'd have a mountain of Mjolnir's abilities to sort through. She didn't use time travel when they fought Legion, she didn't use time travel when they fought the Nimrods, she didn't use time travel while fighting Belasco's lapdogs. I could go on and on, but it's really not necessary. The difference here is that Magik has demonstrated that she does not use time-travel in that capacity through her behavior over the years.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@BigCimmerian said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall said:

@CitizenBane said:

Imagine Bruce Wayne and Clark thinking about their parents and Krypton and sudenly they are ressurected and planet is restored lol.

Not sure if he could restore a planet, but he could definitely resurrect Bruce's parents. He resurrected one of his colleagues' mother.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@CitizenBane said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

I don't remember that. From what I recall she always knew how to take out the Elder Gods. According to Dani Moonstar she brought Legion back to Earth-616 at the start of that third volume precisely because she was going to use him later to take out the Elder Gods. The P5 have a time traveler but that time traveler's character would stand in the way of her doing so, especially since she currently follows orders from Cyclops and he's never expressed any interest in using her to that capacity. And we do take standard behavior and even CIS into account here on the battle forums, and thank god for that or we'd have a mountain of Mjolnir's abilities to sort through. She didn't use time travel when they fought Legion, she didn't use time travel when they fought the Nimrods, she didn't use time travel while fighting Belasco's lapdogs. I could go on and on, but it's really not necessary. The difference here is that Magik has demonstrated that she does not use time-travel in that capacity through her behavior over the years.

Agreed, I forgot about CIS.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By 80sBaby

@CitizenBane said:

I would agree with this but didn't Sinister have more than a single day's worth of prep? And the Celestial still in him?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Saren

@80sBaby said:

@CitizenBane said:

I would agree with this but didn't Sinister have more than a single day's worth of prep? And the Celestial still in him?

Like I said, they have the means to secure much more than a day's worth of prep, and I don't think Sinister retained any control over Tiamut's body after that first arc of UXM.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chiq

Regarding Magik's time travelling abilities I think it was covered in the latest x-men comic.

Magik offered to go back in time 600 years in the past i think, to prevent a disaster from happening but Storm said it would be too dangerous to tamper with history cause there is no telling what would happen to the present if Magik did prevent it from happening. She told Magik just because we CAN do something doesn't mean we SHOULD. So yeah, time travelling and messing around in the past or future isn't Magik's SOP.